My guess all those encrypted mounts are an initial Green Dragon for pre-order that they later expanded to be one recolor for each flight, and then the Gronn mount is the next 6 month subscription bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    My guess all those encrypted mounts are an initial Green Dragon for pre-order that they later expanded to be one recolor for each flight, and then the Gronn mount is the next 6 month subscription bonus.
    If it were for pre-order, it would more than likely use the pre-order encryption key as Marlamin has explained. And to clarify, none of these do.

My hopium based off nothing: 378 and 377 are allied race mounts for Darkfallen nelf and belf.

The rest, no clue. Could be 6 month, could be WOTLK Classic tie in, could be store mounts.

Ah yes, that's right. I forgot about an Allied Race would need mounts. And there's definitely going to be a WOTLK Pity mount (Time-Lost Faerie Drake, anyone?)

We saw the Belf Mount in the Hidden need: A stitched-up Darkhound. Anyone want to guess what a Night Elf dark ranger would ride? Some kind of Ghostsaber?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Holy cow, this post cannot be real.
    That was a painfull post for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Ah yes, that's right. I forgot about an Allied Race would need mounts. And there's definitely going to be a WOTLK Pity mount (Time-Lost Faerie Drake, anyone?)

We saw the Belf Mount in the Hidden need: A stitched-up Darkhound. Anyone want to guess what a Night Elf dark ranger would ride? Some kind of Ghostsaber?
    If they lean heavy into Sylvanas-style stuff for the belf Darkfallen, they may do an undead horse since thats what she rides. And then yeah, a ghostsaber for nelves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    According to wow.tools, there's a number of mounts encrypted too, and I don't mean the gooey slime saber or pre-order dragon.

Not sure all will be for 9.2.5, though.

Key # - wow.tools tag - patch
    378 - unknown mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    377 - unknown mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    398 - unknown serpent mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    342 - not tagged on wow.tools but is in the mount database (added 9.2, updated in 9.2.5)
    284 - gronn mount (?) <- been in files since 8.3, last updated seems to be 9.0.1)
    We have a few possible things here:

- possible allied race mount(s)
    - WotLK classic digital deluxe edition (maybe the nerubian mount from the poll?)
    - Diablo Immortal mount (could see them re-use the gronn animations for a diablo mount based on his D2/DI appearance)
    - Diablo IV amalgam of wrath (or is that a seperate key?)
    - 6 month subs mount (maybe a manaworm to go with the serpent sounds?)
    - Amazon Prime mount (they said we will get wow goodies without announcing them)

Also, is the second fireplume phoenix still encrypted?

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively, the "gronn" mount could be a Winston for Overwatch 2.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I actually think the current implementation is more likely to cause dysphoria though. YOu can have a non-traditionally gendered body, as long as you stay in your reptile form. The moment you mount up, you are going to pop breasts and get child-bearing thighs though. Which is kind of the worst feeling transmasculine individuals (the community highest in suicides) have to face daily through their teenage years and adulthood. I don't know if this is meant to be representation but if it is, it's doing a crappy job at it.
    ???? If what you were going for is male presenting, why would you be picking the female version with female visage in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

Also, is the second fireplume phoenix still encrypted?
    Hmm..

If you mean this, then no - it's unencrypted now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm..

If you mean this, then no - it's unencrypted now.
    Yep, that's the one. I really hope they find a way to make him available through some promotion.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ???? If what you were going for is male presenting, why would you be picking the female version with female visage in the first place?
    If it was meant to be non-binary representation as suggested, which the consensus here was established pages ago that it isn't, then the male visage form would be equally problematic. Both visage forms have clearly gendered presentations. But again, we're past this discussion . . .

According to wow.tools, there's a number of mounts encrypted too, and I don't mean the gooey slime saber or pre-order dragon.

Not sure all will be for 9.2.5, though.

Key # - wow.tools tag - patch
    378 - unknown mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    377 - unknown mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    398 - unknown serpent mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    342 - not tagged on wow.tools but is in the mount database (added 9.2, updated in 9.2.5)
    284 - gronn mount (?) <- been in files since 8.3, last updated seems to be 9.0.1)
    I've stopped updating the tags and likely won't anymore, so don't rely on those going forward. That last one is very interesting, it's actually been updated very regularly including in 9.2.5. There's a bunch more references to it and a bit more to find as to what it is from recent patches as well. Very unusual for something to be in the files for this long and then updated so often.

If it were for pre-order, it would more than likely use the pre-order encryption key as Marlamin has explained. And to clarify, none of these do.
    This has definitely been true in the past, but in one of my recommendations to Blizz about datamined encrypted content I mentioned they should start splitting up the encrypted content even if it'll release at the same time/is for the same thing to make things harder to tie together. Probably not something to rely on for 9.2.5/going forward.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-05-26 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've stopped updating the tags and likely won't anymore, so don't rely on those going forward. That last one is very interesting, it's actually been updated very regularly including in 9.2.5. There's a bunch more references to it and a bit more to find as to what it is from recent patches as well. Very unusual for something to be in the files for this long and then updated so often.
    I plan to retire from datamining once 9.2.5 is out lmao. It's kinda tedious, and with wow.tools slowly going down+ Blizz increasing encryption, meh. I've had fun with it though. Probably spent around 10 hours just looking through files and tables.

That is interesting! Wonder if it's gonna be for something big. Maybe 20th anniversary mount.

Edit: Cool @ edit. Will be interesting to see if they did that once 9.2.5 is out.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-26 at 08:28 AM.

I plan to retire from datamining once 9.2.5 is out lmao. It's kinda tedious, and with wow.tools slowly going down+ Blizz increasing encryption, meh. I've had fun with it though. Probably spent around 10 hours just looking through files and tables.
    When it comes to datamining encrypted content it's definitely tedious, but puzzling together is still so much fun.

That is interesting! Wonder if it's gonna be for something big. Maybe 20th anniversary mount.
    Possibly, yeah. Those aren't usually added -that- far in advance, so it could also be a store mount or a mount that's being reused for something other than what it was initially added for. Not something to get hyped about, but mostly just interesting from a development perspective.

Edit: Cool @ edit. Will be interesting to see if they did that once 9.2.5 is out.
    Hopefully they did, but I'd also not be surprised if they ignore my recommendations entirely or it takes until 10.0+ for them to have changed things around technically to fix some of the exploitable issues. I do believe I already came across a file that was taken out of a certain encryption key and then encrypted under a new one recently, but that could have been a coincidence.

When it comes to datamining encrypted content it's definitely tedious, but puzzling together is still so much fun.

Possibly, yeah. Those aren't usually added -that- far in advance, so it could also be a store mount or a mount that's being reused for something other than what it was initially added for. Not something to get hyped about, but mostly just interesting from a development perspective.

Hopefully they did, but I'd also not be surprised if they ignore my recommendations entirely or it takes until 10.0+ for them to have changed things around technically to fix some of the exploitable issues. I do believe I already came across a file that was taken out of a certain encryption key and then encrypted under a new one recently, but that could have been a coincidence.
    I think I came across that file!

Is this the one?

Edit: Oh, its actually a few of these ogg files that are like this.

I think I came across that file!

Is this the one?

Edit: Oh, its actually a few of these ogg files that are like this.
    It definitely could have been, yeah. I don't really remember.

Wasn't Old Crappy McWeaksauce like that before it was removed? They used it as a test mount and it was edited quite a bit. At one point it even had a special 'summon' item added ("Crappy's Bell" I think), was a super slow flying mount, and a +swim speed mount.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

This has definitely been true in the past, but in one of my recommendations to Blizz about datamined encrypted content I mentioned they should start splitting up the encrypted content even if it'll release at the same time/is for the same thing to make things harder to tie together. Probably not something to rely on for 9.2.5/going forward.
    I wonder if that last mount is for OW2, maybe a Winston mount.
    Though I don’t know if OW2 was delayed long enough to explain it being in the files since 8.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Almost 200 encrypted files were added, and are tied to the preorder items (same encryption key).

Any guesses?
    Covenant allied races

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Covenant allied races
    Please no... I don't want remnants of SL's to infect the main game, anyway there's no chance the dead could come back to the world of the living, they're dead after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Covenant allied races
    Not gonna happen.

Formerly known as Arafal