Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Covenant allied races
    Probably not going to happen, but I'm still hoping for them! At least come next week I can finally stop holding some hope haha

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Wasn't Old Crappy McWeaksauce like that before it was removed? They used it as a test mount and it was edited quite a bit. At one point it even had a special 'summon' item added ("Crappy's Bell" I think), was a super slow flying mount, and a +swim speed mount.
    Yeah, but that's so long ago it's not comparable to the current state of how the game files work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    there's no chance the dead could come back to the world of the living, they're dead after all.
    Are we even playing the same game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please no... I don't want remnants of SL's to infect the main game, anyway there's no chance the dead could come back to the world of the living, they're dead after all.
    But playing a Kyrian Priest would be super cool

Spirithealer fantasy ftw!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    But playing a Kyrian Priest would be super cool

Spirithealer fantasy ftw!
    Nope! I want nothing more to do with Shadowlands other than to put it behind us, the covenant models arnt even that impressive to me also :/

Nope! I want nothing more to do with Shadowlands other than to put it behind us, the covenant models arnt even that impressive to me also :/
    The races are the least of Shadowlands' problems. I doubt Blizzard would throw away cool races people want to play because of the unpopularity of the Shadowlands narrative. If they aren't going to be made playable it has nothing to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The races are the least of Shadowlands' problems. I doubt Blizzard would throw away cool races people want to play because of the unpopularity of the Shadowlands narrative. If they aren't going to be made playable it has nothing to do with that.
    There's also lore implications, if they bring back the covenants races to the world of the living then Death will mean nothing to the world anymore as people can just come back... it's complicated.. I personally believe after we leave the Shadowlands canonically those portals close behind us leaving no passage to the world of the dead, whether this happens we don't know.

I don't really see that as a problem. Not all of the covenant races used to be dead people, but even the ones that were, can still go beyond the Shadowlands, like Kyrian and Maldraxxi. Plus the fact Blizzard can resurrect or bring back any character at any time for any reason (example: Gul'dan, Illidan, etc.) I don't think it would change all that much, except for maybe some questing being a bit strange. As I said quite a while before, I was against the SL races joining the living, but at this point they barely even feel that culturally different from them that I just wouldn't mind.

I really don't know if any of the Shadowlands races would look good in player gear. If you ask me, part of the disappointment with nightborne was as much their wardrobe options as their model. Being stuck in old texture-armor while the NPCs get all these really nice, 3D modeled assets just doesn't feel great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I really don't know if any of the Shadowlands races would look good in player gear. If you ask me, part of the disappointment with nightborne was as much their wardrobe options as their model. Being stuck in old texture-armor while the NPCs get all these really nice, 3D modeled assets just doesn't feel great.
    They figured out how to put a Werewolf in a dress, I think they can figure out Spirit Healers and Nosferatus.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's also lore implications, if they bring back the covenants races to the world of the living then Death will mean nothing to the world anymore as people can just come back... it's complicated.. I personally believe after we leave the Shadowlands canonically those portals close behind us leaving no passage to the world of the dead, whether this happens we don't know.
    We kinda already see death has little meaning, seeing how SL is basically living world 2.0. Making Cov races come to Azeroth does nothing to that. We came to the dead and dealt with similar threats, dead will come to us to deal with similar threats.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We kinda already see death has little meaning, seeing how SL is basically living world 2.0. Making Cov races come to Azeroth does nothing to that. We came to the dead and dealt with similar threats, dead will come to us to deal with similar threats.
    I mean not really but ok if you want to ignore things go ahead.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean not really but ok if you want to ignore things go ahead.
    Thanks for the input. Can always count on you with instant "lol u wrong" posts.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The best solution IMO to Shadowlands races is to make them a former Azerothian who only recently died. You don't need the whole ass Venthyr covenant to join the Horde, that's a bit much. But they could be handled lorewise like Death Knights - oops you died and now you're undead!

Shadowlands Race starter experience could just be a face to face meeting with Pelagos the new Arbiter. Where he praises you as a Champion of Azeroth, sorting hats you, and yeets you back to continue defending Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    The best solution IMO to Shadowlands races is to make them a former Azerothian who only recently died. You don't need the whole ass Venthyr covenant to join the Horde, that's a bit much. But they could be handled lorewise like Death Knights - oops you died and now you're undead!
    Eh, dunno. Recently dead Azerothians means they can come with unfinished business. If they would be from a diff planet I think it would be better, no attachments. DK came with baggage, would pref if Covs were fresh on our planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, dunno. Recently dead Azerothians means they can come with unfinished business. If they would be from a diff planet I think it would be better, no attachments. DK came with baggage, would pref if Covs were fresh on our planet.
    Or maybe they could just keep it vague so both sides can be happy?^^ There is literally no reason to even give any backstory, just say they recently died and you are good to go.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Or maybe they could just keep it vague so both sides can be happy?^^ There is literally no reason to even give any backstory, just say they recently died and you are good to go.
    Oh, the only thing game could say is "you were alive on Azeroth" anyway. Any connections to Azeroth would be with NPC Cov members anyway.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-26 at 06:13 PM.

The whole point is that there's 'no point' for Shadowlands races to come to Azeroth, and fight on its behalf. If they were random aliens there's even less of a point for them to be playable races. Having baggage, and a vague backstory as a deceased hero of Azeroth is the ticket.

I just don't agree with Covenants being allied races... They're just not interesting enough and their models would need a hell of alot more animation work.

For clarification this is my personal view, I hope it doesnt happen but it may happen to which we will see the consequences of what happens with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The whole point is that there's 'no point' for Shadowlands races to come to Azeroth, and fight on its behalf. If they were random aliens there's even less of a point for them to be playable races. Having baggage, and a vague backstory as a deceased hero of Azeroth is the ticket.
    There is a point. We saved all of their asses big time, cleaned their mess (Jailer). They should be grateful.

Plus some of them may simply want to travel and see where this impressive mortals live. Random Kyrian NPC said he would like to visit Azeroth.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-26 at 06:17 PM.