The thing that kills me with this Twitch stats argument is how useless those numbers actually are. I have no idea if he still does, but I know Dan Gheesling used to stream SC. How many people are watching him because they're interested in the game compared to people just watching because it's Dan?

Twitch stats are useless because of this. They mean nothing. Less than nothing. SC could randomly be the most viewed game on the platform one day because Shroud decided to play it for an afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Shall I keep digging, or is that enough?
    You are an artist, and I appreciate your work.
    Last edited by Henako; 2022-05-25 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha damn you work fast. Nope no bad talking devs there!
    The ED quotes are from “Exhibit A” in my signature, the rest is all from a randomly selected page (#5 I believe) from his post history =/
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    The thing that kills me with this Twitch stats argument is how useless those numbers actually are. I have no idea if he still does, but I know Dan Gheesling used to stream SC. How many people are watching him because they're interested in the game compared to people just watching because it's Dan?

Twitch stats are useless because of this. They mean nothing. Less than nothing. SC could randomly be the most viewed game on the platform one day because Shroud decided to play it for an afternoon.
    I'll have to see if I can dig it up but I know a company or two came out and said that twitch viewership didn't exactly corelate to an increase in revenue/sales in any noticeable measure, but I would hazard that is for smaller games. I am sure there is money to be had with twitch viewers also buying the game their fave streamer is playing, or else all these #ad #sponsered streams wouldn't be a thing. But for games that are just being played by streamers with no major incentive or event going on how much money is being made from viewers? I bet it isn't a lot.

Games were popular long before twitch was ever a thing, take WoW for example, it didn't need streamers to generate buzz for the game and try to make some money. If twitch vanished today many games that people play will STILL be played.

How much money does a company make if a viewer of a stream already had the game that the streamer is playing? 0. So for every SC viewer of streams ALREADY has paid, oh sorry 'donated'...wait... pledged? Is it pledged now? Anyways, for every SC viewer that already has money involved in SC it isn't making them more. Same is true for any paid game that already got the money from players long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Being a chief myself and seeing how the other chief in restaurant prepares me a meal with feces i can be pretty sure its not gonna be tasty.

Meanwhile you don't even know what that chief is doing cause you never cooked anything in your entire life.
    You have proven over and over you talk nothing but nonsense, until you have used a tool you claim is bad you are just plain lying, you have no single idea of what is better to develop star citizen or not, you lost the argument the moment you started lying about knowing anything about star citizens tool.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Kenn,

You have proven over and over you talk nothing but nonsense, until you have used a tool you claim is good you are just plain lying, you have no single idea of what is better to develop star citizen or not, you lost the argument the moment you started lying about knowing anything about star citizens tool.

Dismissing 5 years of data by posting 1 day of data.

Guess it's still easier to bury the head in the sand than to admit the continuous progress of Star Citizen and consequentially, it's player-base and funding.

Already posted the main reasons for such growth:

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    A lot of game changing features and performance improvements, Elite:Odyssey bombing and a lot of Elite players and content creators turning to Star Citizen, a lot of hugely popular Youtubers starting to play Star Citizen more seriously it's no wonder that the popularity is off the charts.
    Here's the link of the tracker: https://twitchtracker.com/

You can observe every game's growth spike date and track it's origin thanks to some kind of new update/event.

The data following such spikes is just as relevant. As retaining a % of interest gamers is a show of success of all GAAS.

As for the useless UI Tools back and forth... It's simple really, the professionals making the game are the ones who will better know what UI features are needed. If they decided to build their own tool is because they've found that to be the best solution for their case.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-05-26 at 12:29 AM.

Regardless of any twitch stats or funding stats, the game has a very small amount of backers for the time and its supposed popularity.

Right now they have ~1.27M backers, an increase of just 97,000 in 1.5 years (CR letter 1,178M Dec 2020). For them to reach 3M paid backers will require another 17.8 years at this rate.

Elite had 3.5M sales of the base game last I checked, at the rate of SC's growth they will need another 23 years to hit 3.5M sales of their game.

I've just come from the year 2047
    SC finally did it guys
    The concept ship Molusk which is a solar powered drilling rig with low orbit capabilities has become playable

Drilling is still in development but it looks nice from the 5 second clip and the road map shows that in the next 5 years a beta might be talked about but we need to have 20 planets first

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    I've just come from the year 2047
    SC finally did it guys
    The concept ship Molusk which is a solar powered drilling rig with low orbit capabilities has become playable

Drilling is still in development but it looks nice from the 5 second clip and the road map shows that in the next 5 years a beta might be talked about but we need to have 20 planets first
    Funnily enough, low orbit drilling platforms were seen in the very first publicly playable version of Star Citizen, the Arena Commander module, from 8 years ago. They conspicuously do not fit the art direction/feel of current SC. Nothing else in SC even comes close the sheer amount of power output for the size of those laser platforms. The largest ship in canon, the Retribution, seems to be larger than those laser platforms and yet doesn't seem to tote around a gigantic laser like that. The Idris has a big laser but the Idris is relatively tiny compared to those laser platforms and the Retribution. I don't think those Arena Commander laser platforms have ever been referenced in the MMO or in the lore on the website, so who knows if they're even canon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You have proven over and over you talk nothing but nonsense, until you have used a tool you claim is bad you are just plain lying, you have no single idea of what is better to develop star citizen or not, you lost the argument the moment you started lying about knowing anything about star citizens tool.
    Dude, you dont even understand what was shown in video, let alone understand the issues with redesigning a super complex wheel (that is UI toolKIT).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Guess it's still easier to bury the head in the sand than to admit the continuous progress of Star Citizen and consequentially, it's player-base and funding.
    Stop projecting your issues into others, as there are a couple of posts filled with contradictions waiting to be addressed by you and Kenn.

No one dismissed the 5 year data:

In the last 7 days, due the event, because the overall average is around 1k viewers.
    The average of those 5 years of data should be around 1-2k viewers, I'll gladly do the math for you once I get the time for it, so if anyone is dismissing something here is you, half of the discussion, just for the cherry picking sake.

Also, I don't think anyone here is denying progress with Star Citizen, that's just you trying to move goalposts, the point of the discussion is that twitch stats are a really poor ass metric to measure such progress.
    Ahahahaha!

Dude, you dont even understand what was shown in video, let alone understand the issues with redesigning a super complex wheel (that is UI toolKIT).
    Then why do you keep talking to him seriously? Just taunt him for fun like every other normal human being, and stop getting trolled.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Funnily enough, low orbit drilling platforms were seen in the very first publicly playable version of Star Citizen, the Arena Commander module, from 8 years ago. They conspicuously do not fit the art direction/feel of current SC. Nothing else in SC even comes close the sheer amount of power output for the size of those laser platforms. The largest ship in canon, the Retribution, seems to be larger than those laser platforms and yet doesn't seem to tote around a gigantic laser like that. The Idris has a big laser but the Idris is relatively tiny compared to those laser platforms and the Retribution. I don't think those Arena Commander laser platforms have ever been referenced in the MMO or in the lore on the website, so who knows if they're even canon anymore.

They better pay me royalties when they actually make the molusk

You are the one who dosnt understand what is in the video, you cant claim anything about the tool if you have not used it fully, a short video making a UI does not explain how the tool works at all, you will never win an arguement when all you do is lie about things you will never understand.

You are the one who dosnt understand what is in the video, you cant claim anything about the tool if you have not used it fully, a short video making a UI does not explain how the tool works at all, you will never win an arguement when all you do is lie about things you will never understand.
    And you are the biggest hypocrite in the thread.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all need to stop arguing with someone who is generally dishonest, no sense clogging up this thread with his bullshit by engaging with him. Just put him on ignore and eventually his constant defending of a broken as fuck product will stop.

XDDDDDDDDDD ICANT

Which part of:

"Their individual blocks are written in C++ and they have bootleg chromium inspector which is essentially reinventing the wheel"

You dont understand?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

XDDDDDDDDDD ICANT

Which part of:

"Their individual blocks are written in C++ and they have bootleg chromium inspector which is essentially reinventing the wheel"

You dont understand?
    You dont have any idea of how the tool is developed or how it actually functions, you also dont know what the game requires for its features, they made a tool with a handful of ppl that does the job and allows any dev in the company to develop thier own UI for the feature they are working on, dont talk BS about things you will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yes, "off the charts" with 4k viewers.
    In the last 7 days, due the event, because the overall average is around 1k viewers.
    Average monthly viewership from 05/2022 to 12/2016:

3200, 1600, 1100, 1300, 1700, 1800, 2500, 2200, 971, 1200, 1000, 1200, 2200, 1200, 1100, 1800, 1400, 2000, 2300, 1300, 1100, 1100, 1400, 2800, 3700, 1500, 1000, 1400, 1700, 2600, 2100, 1800, 857, 676, 866, 591, 736, 1100, 875, 895, 1000, 2000, 1300, 989, 266, 283, 722, 318, 304, 440, 280, 188, 347, 676, 599, 397, 197, 478, 168, 151, 195, 181, 141, 184, 302, 461

Sum: 74434, Count: 66
    Average: 1127 viewers

There you go, I might be wrong, so feel free to re-do the math yourself.

Just don’t forget to go radio silent now like you often do whenever you stumble upon an inconvenient post, it will look even better now after preaching about how much easier it is to bury the head in the sand…well, at least it comes from personal experience I guess. Regardless, I’ll be looking forward for the random ass nothing-has-happened YouTube video in a couple of days.

dont talk BS about things you will never understand.
    It never gets old....
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-05-26 at 05:36 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

You are the one who dosnt understand what is in the video, you cant claim anything about the tool if you have not used it fully,
    At this point you should either own up to being a dev on this most excellent car crash of a game or just take your own advice and shut the fuck up about things you obviously haven't used or know about as you are not an SC dev and thus, according to you, can know nothing.