7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Not necessarily. That is my hopium, though.

The claw footprints are used for a lot of mounts of all species. Not just cats or cat-adjacent things.

The horse prints do seem to only be used for horses, though I didn't dig too deep to confirm.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure these are from the encrypted armor set. These were unencrypted, are tagged as "Armupper" (so only part of a set), but among the same file id range as the encrypted armor files.

We had a user point out it's quite similar to the blood elf and void elf logos, but doesnt quite match either of them.
    I guess the horse would be another HD undead one? About time tbh. And the wrist looks like from an Alextrasza cosplay, so that's what I'm currently hoping for!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively. So the quest(s) probably reward an undead horse and nightsaber.

So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe a title/eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?

Could you also post the "interesting elf logo"
    Darkfallen as an AR would be extremely limited in scope is the thing. The current fantasy behind it really only supports hunters and rogues, with Warriors just about being acceptable within canon based on what we have seen, and an AR with only three classes would be dumb.

A Darkfallen customization option is far better. All you really lose out on is a dedicated Heritage set, but if you get a Dark Ranger transmog set then that is basically the same thing as far as playing as one of Sylvanas' followers goes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This is one of the minor plot holes that just happens. If she had help, the punishment would be shorter. and would lessen it's gravity. Plus she is hardcore disliked among all Covs.
    It's not a minor plot hole, it's a pretty glaring issue.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, its pretty obvious the covanents will become aware of Sylvanas sending all the Maw damned souls back to Oribos to be judged, we just don't see it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Darkfallen as an AR would be extremely limited in scope is the thing. The current fantasy behind it really only supports hunters and rogues, with Warriors just about being acceptable within canon based on what we have seen, and an AR with only three classes would be dumb.

A Darkfallen customization option is far better. All you really lose out on is a dedicated Heritage set, but if you get a Dark Ranger transmog set then that is basically the same thing as far as playing as one of Sylvanas' followers goes.

I dunno, I feel like thematically and lore wise void elves arent too different from Darkfallen in this context.. They could just access to the same classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

But it wouldn't just be Dark Rangers: That was the point of establishing the Sanlayn & Dark Rangers are the same race. And we already know they wanted to join the horde. We saw Sanlayn warriors & casters in Northrend so that pretty much covers all the general elf/forsaken classes.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I dunno, I feel like thematically and lore wise void elves arent too different from Darkfallen in this context.. They could just access to the same classes.
    It makes sense if you consider Void Elves as the worgen Allied Race analogue instead of the Night Elf one, given they've got thematic connections (Altered forever by a corruptive cosmic force that they've decided to try and control) with each other. That leaves the Darkfallen on each faction as the Night Elf and Forsaken Allied Races.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I imagine these would be the skins that would become available to Night Elf and Blood Elf Hunters, considering the Dark Ranger quest is both Alliance and Horde.

These skins are already in the game, so I imagine it's just a matter of enabling them and making some token quest for players to get them.

No chance it's Darkfallen as a whole ass Allied Race though lol. It's another Night Warrior type customization unlock if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But it wouldn't just be Dark Rangers: That was the point of establishing the Sanlayn & Dark Rangers are the same race. And we already know they wanted to join the horde. We saw Sanlayn warriors & casters in Northrend so that pretty much covers all the general elf/forsaken classes.
    You mean how they tried to join the Horde, then turned on them the moment things didn't go their way brutally, betraying the Forsaken and admitting to feeding on them?
    That's... not really the best point to be making.

If we're gonna be talking about the in-game scenarios, we going to discuss how Vorath was using Void in his new encounter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I imagine these would be the skins that would become available to Night Elf and Blood Elf Hunters, considering the Dark Ranger quest is both Alliance and Horde.

These skins are already in the game, so I imagine it's just a matter of enabling them and making some token quest for players to get them.

No chance it's Darkfallen as a whole ass Allied Race though lol. It's another Night Warrior type customization unlock if anything.
    This is what it's looking like more and more, especially with the set that was datamined.

Sucks for Night Elves though; they never really asked for that. The red eyes at least allows them to potentially play a Nightmare druid though, if it's not class restricted? Been wanting that for years now.

Also, does anybody know if the set is race restricted? I have a void elf hunter that needs more black mog.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    You mean how they tried to join the Horde, then turned on them the moment things didn't go their way brutally, betraying the Forsaken and admitting to feeding on them?
    That's... not really the best point to be making.

If we're gonna be talking about the in-game scenarios, we going to discuss how Vorath was using Void in his new encounter?

- - - Updated - - -

This is what it's looking like more and more, especially with the set that was datamined.

Sucks for Night Elves though; they never really asked for that. The red eyes at least allows them to potentially play a Nightmare druid though, if it's not class restricted? Been wanting that for years now.

Also, does anybody know if the set is race restricted? I have a void elf hunter that needs more black mog.
    It will probably be Hunter only customization.

Satyr in WoW are Demons and don't quite fit the woodland protector trope that is traditionally associated with Fauns. I suppose we could have gotten uncorrupted Satyr but they'd just be mutated Night Elves in the end.
    Not even mutated. Satyr are just corrupted Night Elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's not a minor plot hole, it's a pretty glaring issue.
    What glaring issue? How does it affect WoW and story? What changes if she gets no help?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

What glaring issue? How does it affect WoW and story? What changes if she gets no help?
    The problem is not how it affects the story but rather how it affects world building and immersion. It makes no sense for the Covenants not to go down the Maw en masse and start salvaging souls, especially given they ALREADY are doing that. I remember at least the Venthyr and Necrolords had quests during their assaults in which they identified suitable souls and brought them out of the Maw. So they all will suddenly stop? There is a treasure trove of anima down there and they all need it after all.

Things can matter without affecting the plot. This is a fantasy world and building that world requires internal consistency that establishes verisimilititude and allows immersion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The problem is not how it affects the story but rather how it affects world building and immersion. It makes no sense for the Covenants not to go down the Maw en masse and start salvaging souls, especially given they ALREADY are doing that. I remember at least the Venthyr and Necrolords had quests during their assaults in which they identified suitable souls and brought them out of the Maw. So they all will suddenly stop? There is a treasure trove of anima down there and they all need it after all.

Things can matter without affecting the plot. This is a fantasy world and building that world requires internal consistency that establishes verisimilititude and allows immersion.
    This is really a non issue, considering we leave SL behind. Probably for good.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

This is really a non issue, considering we leave SL behind. Probably for good.
    It can be a non-issue for you. It doesn't mean it's not an issue for the world itself. Just because it's out of sight doesn't mean it disappears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I'm not even angry, but nice try, but I still can't see this happening as previous posters have pointed out these covenant races would NEED to be neutral.
    So other people shouldn't get to play races they want because you don't like them? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    So other people shouldn't get to play races they want because you don't like them? Yikes.
    People might want to play all kinds of things that would not work well for the game tbh. What people want is not exactly an argument. You do need to make an effort to have them make sense. Handwaving them in just because people like them is not enough.

Pivoting from the Darkfallen discussion... does anyone now how cross-faction works exactly? And to be more precise: can we group up with other faction players and level together through dungeons-spamming? I understand that yes, but that the group needs to be a complete premade group of people, right? But then maybe you don't get the random dungeon additional experience? I tried to check it on the PTR but never found enough people to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Pivoting from the Darkfallen discussion... does anyone now how cross-faction works exactly? And to be more precise: can we group up with other faction players and level together through dungeons-spamming? I understand that yes, but that the group needs to be a complete premade group of people, right? But then maybe you don't get the random dungeon additional experience? I tried to check it on the PTR but never found enough people to try this.
    You can't use matchmaker in cross faction groups, so no random dungeon finder, LFR or PvP matchmaking.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2022-05-27 at 07:34 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yea, I think many are thinking this, me included. It just feels like a night warrior 8.1 thing tbh.

Sure a Darkfallen race that represents both the san'layn (bat ears, striped hair, necrotic skin etc) and dark rangers would be great, but i don't think this will happen. In other words, the vampire stuff will not be included and it will be a mere eye color/skin combination. I also dont think you will be able to use red eyes with normal skin etc. Hell it could end up being a mere transmog options (dr recolor armor from wod) it would be wise to hold your horses on this one seeing as the ar intro music theory was also proven something else, same counts for the slimesaber and the splash screens ( no way there is an allied race icon in there) encrypted or not, I would be genuinely surprised if that happends.

But also nothing can happen, which will be another one of those leaks which got hyped to much. This one will go in the books as a pretty big one as many social media people hopped on the train and hyping everyone up.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-27 at 07:36 AM.