Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    And watch her still win.
    Most of "lawtube" (i.e.: Lawyers who also make youtube content) has been fairly consistent that the law is on Heard's side, but the facts are on Depp's side. Heard winning is still a strong possibility because the bar for defamation is very high in the U.S. That said, people who make legal content on youtube but were also in the court during the proceedings were apparently either bored or annoyed by Heard's final time on the stand, which doesn't look good for her since it was meant to be an emotional plea, meaning the jury might not by sympathetic to Heard.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Judge whenever day is done "everyone, remember to stay away from social media, news, etc."
    Amber today "i follow social media every day, they mean to me!"
    The social media ban only applies during your testimony. She didn’t break the rules there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The jury is allowed to wave recommendations but there's no need, no need to complicate things when the damage is done.

Depp got what he wanted and the actual verdict won't change that. Being that he testified on the matter the jury can use that to speed up their decision.

Heard gets what she deserves. If you didn't know her before then you definitely know her now. She got all the attention she wanted and people get to judge her character accordingly.

I still think it is a bit silly to draw some equivalences between the two when it comes to who was worse than the other. One is clearly more provoking and the other is more reactionary. One clearly lashed out when backed into a corner and the other was the putting people in corners. One was clearly unfaithful and willing to farm drama while the other tried to clean up their dirty laundry behind doors even if it meant taking on more burdens.

Depp your weird edgy introvert but it's clear he doesn't try to mess with people unless you come into his space.

Heard seems like someone who gets strongly emotionally attached to people but that same energy is quick to turn sour if you do not do things on her terms no matter how lopsided those terms may be. Better summed up as a borderline narcissts (I know that is not a clinical term but everyone knows exactly what is meant by it).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Think they wanted to pull on the heart strings. Or Amber did at least.
    Dunno why they brought her on just to tell the same sob story and then get more evidence thrown in her face. If they gave new info I would understand it more.
    I believe the only reason Depp took the stand was to make sure they closed on this moment. She simply couldn't help herself no sane attorney would have her go back up there. They spent all this time and effort cleaning up after her last train wreck testimony now she just threw all that work to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The jury is allowed to wave recommendations but there's no need, no need to complicate things when the damage is done.

Depp got what he wanted and the actual verdict won't change that. Being that he testified on the matter the jury can use that to speed up their decision.

Heard gets what she deserves. If you didn't know her before then you definitely know her now. She got all the attention she wanted and people get to judge her character accordingly.

I still think it is a bit silly to draw some equivalences between the two when it comes to who was worse than the other. One is clearly more provoking and the other is more reactionary. One clearly lashed out when backed into a corner and the other was the putting people in corners. One was clearly unfaithful and willing to farm drama while the other tried to clean up their dirty laundry behind doors even if it meant taking on more burdens.

Depp your weird edgy introvert but it's clear he doesn't try to mess with people unless you come into his space.

Heard seems like someone who gets strongly emotionally attached to people but that same energy is quick to turn sour if you do not do things on her terms no matter how lopsided those terms may be. Better summed up as a borderline narcissts (I know that is not a clinical term but everyone knows exactly what is meant by it).
    BPD. 10char

Her ending statement ring so false. You can see her laugh and grin in court literally everytime i watched... they both grinned and made jokes in public televised court like clowns wtf she going on about? Fucking actor of all people talking about how they hate attention lol. Whats next politicians dont like attention?

What sucks in all this, is that she is correct, people are going over fucking board on her. Its like she started WW3. I doubt even rapist like Kevin Spacy get as much hate overall, let alone hate mail and shit. People need to dial it the fuck down. But its like everyone agenda kinda aligned here. From the incels to some feminists. Kinda suck, but it is what it is.

I think this kind of pushback is gona happen more. Because the devide is getting fucking extreme on social media. We are down to absolute dog shit take like attack helicopters are real now, a 17 years old boy dating a 15 years old girl is a pedophile then the other side pull back is retarded shit like telling a kid you are gay is grooming and telling people kids are getting bottom surgery and mastectomy. I dunno where we go from there?

I dont think the world can survive social media long term. Too much ability to get validation even for the worse brain worms.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-05-27 at 01:44 AM.

Amber admitted to writing the op-ed (on accident) because of Johnny. Isn't that like - a REALLY bad thing for her to admit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    What sucks in all this, is that she is correct, people are going over fucking board on her.
    The problem is that she very literally brought all of this upon herself. While it's her right to make the allegations against Depp, her conduct afterwards has made people who would otherwise just be skeptical of her to outright hate her (along with engagement algorithm fuckery). So far she has:
    1) She has been caught lying on the stand.
    2) She has submitted several sets of images that she has claimed to be from different places, but when overlayed are very obviously the same image (the image of her face and the image of a broken bottle on the floor).
    3) She, and her witnesses, have been aggressive and combative (refusing to answer, ignoring objections, arguing with the lawyers, calling people liars, etc.) towards Depp's lawyers.
    4) She has been laughing and smiling during discussions of her supposedly abusing Depp, during audio recordings in which they are discussing her abusing him, and when Depp testifies to abuse he suffered.
    5) She was also abusive, regardless of any of the actions Depp may have taken against her.

Now, and I think it should go without saying, that does not excuse the harassment she's receiving. People should not be going out of their way, en masse, to ruin her career or the careers of her witnesses. Though, there's an uncommon internet saying which is "mess with the /b/hive and get stung" (i.e.: if you fuck with 4chan they will fuck with you). In this case Heard, wittingly or unwittingly, has essentially shit in the cereal of soo many online groups that it's impressive.
    - She's pissed off the Me Too social sphere because of her conduct and possibly having lied about her allegations, which has been broadcast to millions of people.
    - She's pissed off the incels for existing.
    - She's pissed off 4chan and 8chan because they think she's a malicious actor that should be fucked with.
    - She's pissed off the online "skeptic" community (or whatever remains) because they see her as just another entitled abuser.
    - She's pissed off the online leftist communities as she has damaged the online progress that we saw with Me Too.

It's genuinely impressive the range of people that just do not like her right now. Moreover, these disparate groups are signal boosting each other because social media awards engagement, leading to a negativity feedback loop (i.e.: a lot of people hate her, driving engagement with negative sentiment towards her, which is then shown to more people to engage with). Perhaps what's worst of all for Heard is the media trying to construct narratives in support of her, casting anyone who disagrees with the articles in a negative light and being intentionally polarizing. This is a problem because the majority of online sentiment is against heard, and people who read these articles now feel attacked by the media (which is already going through a time of distrust by the public) and will attribute part of that negativity they receive to Heard. This will, ironically, make those people more likely to engage in negative content about Heard to justify their previous dislike of her, which will again feed into the engagement algorithms.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

One thing that this trial has exposed is just how easy it is to commit perjury in court with zero repercussions (so far anyway).
    I mean, they can’t both be telling the truth, the witnesses can’t all be telling the truth. And the recounting of events are so vastly different, clearly someone is lying…. Personally, the clearly edited photos that “definitely aren’t the same photo” should of been more than enough to have one party up for perjury, yet the Judge allowed the lawyers to object to most of the analysts testimony and even to withhold the original photos.

What I find incredibly frightening about this, is just how much it takes for someone to clear their name, be it defendant or plaintiff, who here could afford to be in JD or AH’s shoes right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post

What I find incredibly frightening about this, is just how much it takes for someone to clear their name, be it defendant or plaintiff, who here could afford to be in JD or AH’s shoes right now?
    I mean yea its a sad truth but thats why prisons are populated with poor people.

Likewise the entire concept of bail revolves around the size of your bank balance.

Justice is blind to those with money.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I mean yea its a sad truth but thats why prisons are populated with poor people.

Likewise the entire concept of bail revolves around the size of your bank balance.

Justice is blind to those with money.
    Don’t I know it.
    Wife and I had a court battle with the company who built our home over breaches in contract and building code compliance.
    He managed to drag it out for nearly 2 years which cost us an absolute fortune while he was insured for legal costs. Finally, when we got a favourable result in court he declared bankruptcy and closed the company leaving us with a huge legal bill and still the cost of repairs.

We could have filed a suit against him personally for fraud, but why throw another $100k down the drain for nothing? Dude was broke.

That’s when I learned a valuable lesson. The system only cares about upholding the Law if you’re prepared to pay for it… and they don’t care if the other party makes a mockery of the system as they just keep the meter running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how it is in the US but over here legal expenses insurance only costs you a few euros per month. And you get an actual decent lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Her ending statement ring so false. You can see her laugh and grin in court literally everytime i watched... they both grinned and made jokes in public televised court like clowns wtf she going on about? Fucking actor of all people talking about how they hate attention lol. Whats next politicians dont like attention?

What sucks in all this, is that she is correct, people are going over fucking board on her. Its like she started WW3. I doubt even rapist like Kevin Spacy get as much hate overall, let alone hate mail and shit. People need to dial it the fuck down. But its like everyone agenda kinda aligned here. From the incels to some feminists. Kinda suck, but it is what it is.

I think this kind of pushback is gona happen more. Because the devide is getting fucking extreme on social media. We are down to absolute dog shit take like attack helicopters are real now, a 17 years old boy dating a 15 years old girl is a pedophile then the other side pull back is retarded shit like telling a kid you are gay is grooming and telling people kids are getting bottom surgery and mastectomy. I dunno where we go from there?

I dont think the world can survive social media long term. Too much ability to get validation even for the worse brain worms.
    Actually they do. Thing is, it goes down when the person is quiet about it. Spacey got lots of shit for it then he stopped being in movies it series and laid low for a while. It does down.

Amber keep on making lies that are proven to be lies so the fire just get more fuel to it.
    She also lied to everyone. People thought she was a good person for doing all of this back when it started then it turns out she has tricked you all this time. People don't like to be lied to, especially with serious stuff.

Don't get me wrong I think people in general shouldn't as actively seek out to hate on the perpetrator ever. I think they should be punished by court and jail if applicable and then by silence from the society. They should be ignored. Show support for the victim instead of vindictive justice.

Media is trying to spin it to some sexists bullshit and yeah, as long as media spin things and straight up lies about what happens in court things like this will keep on happening. I think it's good trials are televised. More trials should be and they are increasing. People can see the evidence, understand what's going on and see how media lies. Which hopefully leads to it changing if people stop engaging in it.

But in general society also need to stop taking sides when barely any info is present. People are so eager to hate on others that it seems more important than showing support. Show support if you believe them but don't actively hate the other party until it's proven.

Funny thing is that, Depp didn't want to sue Heard at first(also think speaking out as an abuse victim as a man is hard), hence so many years before it came to this. But people made his life so difficult, you know amber supporters, so he had to to get his reputation and livelihood back.
    Ironically the Amber supporters are the ones causing this for her.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-05-27 at 08:23 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Don't know how it is in the US but over here legal expenses insurance only costs you a few euros per month. And you get an actual decent lawyer.
    And over here you also afaik by default get legal expenses covered by the other party if you win.

Yesterday felt like an unmitigated disaster for Amber Heard's team tbh. That guy came out, gave an unconvincing as fuck rebuttal testimony to the picture guy they had yesterday that simply overlaid two photos, one edited and one not, which was probably the most damning piece of evidence against her at this point. Afterwards Depp's lawyer got the guy to twist himself into a pretzel and admit he lied during direct.

Then there was someone else, who I admittedly didn't watch at all because I don't really care to see the defense's witnesses at this point, almost all of them have only been entertaining under cross.

Finally Heard testifies, whoever let her do that is unimaginably dumb, so I'm guessing she steamrolled her attorneys to do it. Train wreck. That testimony that she struggles to cry when acting really makes her look bad when she struggles to cry while testifying. Each objection is met with her act immediately ceasing, no crying in between questions. She says she hasn't been smiling or laughing during the trial, despite doing that all day at some points which the jury absolutely saw.

The entire performance was fucking laughable. She is a disastrously bad actress and it's shocking no one really knew until now.

And under cross it only got worse. She essentially called every witness that was used against her a liar. Trailer park manager, lied, don't know who that is. Her former friend? Liar, she must not have seen. TMZ producer? Liar, why would I tip him off? I think Vasquez made a good point of how absurd it was to claim they were all lying, that they'd all commit perjury just because. Depp is so powerful he can influence people he doesn't know to commit perjury on the stand? A crime? Really?

Oh and she also mentioned that she wrote the op-ed to take away his power. It's worth mentioning that at that point he was just moving on in life, there was no targeted harassment campaign against her, he wasn't suing her, why did his power need to be taken away? What a disaster. Way to give the jury confirmation of intent on the last day! What were you thinking?

I'll state that I have no idea who will win. I've read stories about the jurors being relatively hostile to Heard's team vs Depp's, but I don't know how much that actually means. I wouldn't be shocked if she wins because of a failure to prove she intentionally defamed him to damage his career (which might not be the case now that she admitted it). Bear in mind it's not an abuse trial. If this is solely a civil trial on personal and physical injuries inflicted by her on him, I think he easily wins it.

I guess I can say I thought she'd probably win before yesterday and now I think it's 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if she wins because of a failure to prove she intentionally defamed him to damage his career (which might not be the case now that she admitted it).
    Afaik that's not how defamation works.

Wisconsin’s Defamation Definition
    According to Wisconsin defamation law, defamation is defined as:

*A false statement;
    *Communicated by speech, conduct or in writing to a person other than the person defamed; and,
    *The communication is unprivileged and tends to harm one’s reputation so as to lower him or her in the estimation of the community or to deter third parties from associating or dealing with him or her.
    It's defamation if you just spread lies about a person which harms their reputation.
    I think Nate the lawyer even clarified this that if someone makes a false statement and you spread that information you are also engaging in defamation. Although in that case malicious intent might be difficult to show as per guidelines below.

How to prove a malicious intent
    Malice is not a precise term and can include aspects of improper motive, ill will, knowledge of the falsity of the publication and reckless indifference to the truth or falsity. Examples of improper motive include:

1. publication with an intent to cause harm to the plaintiff;
    2. attempting to obtain some progress or advantage through the publication, where the advantage is not connected with a privileged occasion; and
    3. the expression of an opinion that is not a genuine or honest opinion of the person making the statement.
    If I understand it correctly, these are examples of malicious intent and doesn't require all three.
    Statement 3 is applicable if the jury determines something she has said never happened.

But yes, now that she witnessed, statement 1 is applicable as well. I also think that 2 is applicable because she got a huge boost after coming out with this. So she has basically done all three of these. According to me at least. Plaintiff didn't try to argue for point 2 though.
    Probably because if they just prove abuse didn't happen, she just loses the case. Straight up.
    And also they don't have to prove everything didn't happen. If they prove sexual assault didn't happen, she loses because then that's a defamatory statement even if the jury finds the rest happens etc etc.

I think Amber would have a slam dunk victory if she didn't go the route that she hasn't done anything and is this innocent little puppy who have never done anything bad in her entire life even if there is documentation of it happening. That she has endure this over the top abuse for so many years that it's unbelievable she is alive. Tone it down and she would win I think.

Take note this is just my understanding and I could be wrong of course.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-05-27 at 08:58 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I actually think AH believes the abuse happened. That’s consistent with how people with histrionic personality disorder percieve the world. A small shove becomes a battering, an angry word becomes an unhinged tyrade.

The lying on the stand I believe is mostly to lay it on thick, because she is afraid of injustice.

To be clear, while I believe Depp has a lot of faults (and I certainly wouldnt want someone like him as a romantic partner) I do not think he was an abuser. I do think Amber Heard genuinely considers him to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I guess I can say I thought she'd probably win before yesterday and now I think it's 50/50.
    My predictions: Johnny will lose his claim, but Amber will also lose her counterclaim. She'll sink into obscurity and if she's lucky get a made-for-tv movie deal about the trial. He'll have a career revitalization. He'll never be able to get back that piece of himself that was lost and never truly be happy again. She'll learn nothing and keep making the same mistakes and will never truly be happy again. Both will probably keep doing drugs to the detriment of their health. Basically no one really wins but they'll at least move on and make another batch of mistakes with brand new people.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Will it be enough to bring him back to the movies? That what is it all about, to restore carriers.

I mean,

Disney did bring back failed edgelord and probable kid diddler James Gunn.

So surely they'll bring back Depp.

....Surely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I really don't want to get involved, but from what I've been unable to avoid, the 'Johnny Depp is our husbando' crowd and the 'all women are liars' crowd joining forces is really weird.
    Yeah i'd probably go hide in a corner too.

MeToo just can't stop taking Ls. Got to do a better job vetting what you hitch your wagon too.
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2022-05-27 at 01:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    I mean,

Disney did bring back failed edgelord and probable kid diddler James Gunn.

So surely they'll bring back Depp.

....Surely.
    Director is a less prominent role for cinema viewers. Actors are the faces of a movie, so it may be more "difficult" for the Almighty Mouse.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-27 at 01:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.