Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Did they move sw May the 4th stuff to the end of the month or is that two different celebrations in one month? Cuz that's confusing..i see lots of panels for end of the month, but it seems pretty silent on may 4th...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It appears that the new Inquisitor is the "main" villain of the series with Vader being the one making up the big fight.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, that explains a lot...what an asshole! In contrast Hayden Christensen binged Clone Wars & Rebels..
    https://www.indiewire.com/2022/04/ob...rs-1234717899/

Obi-Wan Kenobi's Grand Inquisitor speaks!

https://ew.com/tv/obi-wan-kenobi-gra...end-interview/
    By Dalton Ross - May 19, 2022 at 12:30 PM EDT

Did you go back and watch any of Star Wars Rebels to sort of see your character in animated form or did you just want to kind of take it fresh with the live action?

I really wanted to honor the character as I saw him, and so I almost deliberately did not see the animated interpretation. Myself and [director] Deb Chow and [writer] Dave Filoni and all of the guys really wanted to do something fresh that honored and was faithful to the spirit of the character without doing a kind of impression of anybody else's interpretation.

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-05-21 at 09:30 AM.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1530019922239057921

First 2 episodes drop in little over an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay show. so far. The last 2 min took me out because it doesn't make sense that the Grand Inquisitor dies? Why even fake it when the Rebels series is a thing?. Really can't get past that right now, killed other cool stuff in the last 2 min.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Some cool ideas and scenes...but I don't like how they are implemented. Disney has big problem doing chase scenes...it happened with Fett, and know with Obi wan...

The forest chase seen was so damn funny. Who directs like this?

Spice labs? Not Shaddaa? Looks like Obi-Wan got all the atmosphere that a show about Boba Fett trying to hold onto a criminal empire should have had.

Did they remind us of the terrible acting in the prequels so that the acting of the main villain girl wouldn't seem so bad? Oh well...at least little Leia is cute. Wouldn't have expected a 9 year-old to carry the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sister three is really awful. Could be acting or dialogue.

5+ Year Old Account
    1st episode was good, had some funny moments

"Cleaning costs extra" Jawa

"He's rude to droids!" Leia

2nd episode...Kenobi could just have demolished the inquisitors...n wtf that reva, what a shitty character! The weakest of the inquisitors n she is supposed to best the grand inquisitor?... He better get himself back together, by canon he is killed by kanan jarrus, not that shitty reva character, what a stereotypical character, what a waste, she is so shoe-horned in...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Sister three is really awful. Could be acting or dialogue.
    I think it's both

What would have made sense was for her to do nothing.
    Let the grand inquisitor have his fight with kenobi, where kenobi would beat him ofc, and she would observe to pick the right moment to cowardly attack..

What is she? Someone kicked out of the jedi temple by kenobi n now she wants revenge? Meh...what else could it be for it to be so personal n she act so reckless n stupid...what a flat character..

Did they hire writers from Blizzard?

If it wasn't for Vader at the end, I would have thrown in the towel for this show..

- - - Updated - - -

Well...if a certain someone can survive being cut in half, then the grand insquisitor will be back, he better, and I want to see him annihilate reva..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-05-27 at 10:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A minor thing that annoys the me to no end.

It is a minor spoiler.

The 3rd Sister calling Vader Anakin Skywalker. No, I do not like it at all. Vader at this point should be treating Anakin Skywalker as dead. There is no reason or way the 3rd Sister would know Vader is Anakin.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    [snip]
    I have no idea what the story is with these Inquisitors, but it's possible that he confided in her. Whatever beef she has with Kenobi seems too personal for it to just be a matter of her chasing clout.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I have no idea what the story is with these Inquisitors, but it's possible that he confided in her. Whatever beef she has with Kenobi seems too personal for it to just be a matter of her chasing clout.
    Overall, I am currently happy with the show. The story is overall good. I really only have minor issues with the inquisitors.

Ewan is great so far. The other returning characters are great. Normally, I hate child actors, but the young Leia is believable as a young Leia. I absolutely adored her scenes. The sad part is the weakest character for me is currently the 3rd Sister, but I hope she'll improve.

And I agree with yours that it seems more than just chasing clout. I wonder if she had interactions with Obi-wan when she was a youngling.
    –The Sith Code

Why is Leia played by an actress who looks to be like 5-6 years old, when she supposed to be 10 years old?

Did they pick a very young one so they can keep using her for multiple seasons or standalone spinoffs the next 10 years until she ~19 and A New Hope storyline takes over?
    Last edited by Nelle; 2022-05-27 at 01:08 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Why is Leia played by an actress who looks to be like 5-6 years old, when she supposed to be 10 years old?

Did they pick a very young one so they can keep using her for multiple seasons or standalone spinoffs the next 10 years until she ~19 and A New Hope storyline takes over?
    The actress is 9. She looks like a 9 to 10 year old to me.
    –The Sith Code

It is a minor spoiler.

The 3rd Sister calling Vader Anakin Skywalker. No, I do not like it at all. Vader at this point should be treating Anakin Skywalker as dead. There is no reason or way the 3rd Sister would know Vader is Anakin.
    ... unless she's a surviving youngling. We have former Padawans turned Inquisitor already. Would explain why she knows who he is (or connected the dots), and why she has a score to settle with Obi-Wan, because she hoped to be rescued by him, and he just broadcast a message 'yeah, we have fallen, just hide.' Which led to significant torture at the hands of Vader, which is part of Inquisitor indoctrination.

Or, Vader bein Vader, said to her 'sure, find my former Master or proof of his demise, or you'll join the other Jedi in the afterlife.

The actress is 9. She looks like a 9 to 10 year old to me.
    Obi Wan was filmed in May 2021
    Had to look it up, she is born June 2012, so you right. She just looked much younger than a 10 year old to me. Guess she just super tiny.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    ... unless she's a surviving youngling. We have former Padawans turned Inquisitor already. Would explain why she knows who he is (or connected the dots), and why she has a score to settle with Obi-Wan, because she hoped to be rescued by him, and he just broadcast a message 'yeah, we have fallen, just hide.' Which led to significant torture at the hands of Vader, which is part of Inquisitor indoctrination.

Or, Vader bein Vader, said to her 'sure, find my former Master or proof of his demise, or you'll join the other Jedi in the afterlife.
    The first part is kind of what I am bouncing around in my head. But, theories are the death of these shows.

As I said in a prior post, overall, the show is good. We are dealing with minor issues. Obi-wan series may overtake Mandalorian as the best Star Wars live action series.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    That is a good theory, why else would they bother opening the show with younglings trying to flee the jedi temple? At first I thought, oh noooo, they are trying to shoe-horn in some cute grogu moment to sell even more toys, but nope, must be young reva, then twisted by the dark side after.