Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should just make it so your character's name is your legal full name and also displays your address and employer. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You know what I did back in the day when I was annoyed? Logged out.
    And this seems normal to you? You want to play and then you have to log out because of other people?

The fact that this has 180 comments with the majority being pretty toxic is a prime example of why the social contract is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Welcome to the internet. People saying this shit to others since forever. If you feel offended by this, call your ISP and disconnect from the webz for good.
    No. Why should we normalize saying crap to ppl? Why don't we normalize acting civil?

With the Internet, ppl discovered annonimity and lack of consequences for their actions. If they need consequences to stop being douches, then so be it. In no shape or form should this be excused and accepted as normality, especially with how much the Internet is part of our lives nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokegen View Post
    No word on when they'll finally create a way to deal with problematic dev behavior though!
    They already turned women into fruit, what more do you want, man?

Time to remove any form of PvP and factions from the game because those promote toxic behavior and therefore bad conduct.

If I see any horde dominating a certain area in game, I'll report them all for invading my safe space. Time to make this contract work in my favor because, you know, no one would ever abuse a system like this.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    They should just make it so your character's name is your legal full name and also displays your address and employer. /s
    Bring back the real name RealID on forums thing. After all, you shouldn't have to worry if you have nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    No. Why should we normalize saying crap to ppl? Why don't we normalize acting civil?

With the Internet, ppl discovered annonimity and lack of consequences for their actions. If they need consequences to stop being douches, then so be it. In no shape or form should this be excused and accepted as normality, especially with how much the Internet is part of our lives nowadays.
    I can't completely agree with this. There is a massive difference between people actually being 'douches' and the current group of people who do nothing but search the internet for things to be offended about.

No matter how civil things are, if a small group looks hard enough they will always find something to complain about. That is not a behavior that should be encouraged either.

F. your social contract blizzard, so done with the political correct movement.

It's noble, it really is, I understand what Blizzard is trying to do here, and I most sincerely hope it works, at least somewhat.
    Im not entirely sure it'll get rid of all the toxic people, but at least they're working to solve it.

I must admit, there's one thing that has me worried, and that is any kind of automated system that either bans/blocks people, cause they get reported enough times. Such a system needs to change, I get why it exists, but it opens up so many avenues of abuse, both from players and streamers who get annoyed at some random person cause they stole one of their quest mobs or item or whatever.
    I can only imagine certain "big" streamers doing something like that either to "test" the system, or cause they genuinely want to (ab)use it.

5+ Year Old Account
    uhm, aren't they way, way understaffed to handle these reports? I can't even reach a GM to report for in-game bugs etc.

Also, players are too 'understaffed' to interact with each other enough so these new rules will even get broken...it's mostly use lfg for this world quest, nobody talks to each other, quest done, players leave, n u are phased into new elite mobs before u have time to finish looting the last killed mobs, so u have to deal with these new elites, when exactly do people find time, or nay, the WILL to even engage with each other?

I have never, ever, gotten a ban on twitch, I'm not sure I could manage to do that..

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Problem is that 'toxic behaviour' is so general it could be literally anything.
    No, its not. Act decent towards other people or don't talk to them anything if all you wanted to say is some toxic garbage and you will be totally fine. But like always people are going to exaggerate it and if banned it always will be " I did nothing wrong!".

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You don't get BANNED for chat infractions you get silenced That way they can continue to make money off you and get you out of chat. I'm telling you guys, just leave all chat channels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Go to https://worldofwarcraft.com and click the magnifying glass on the right and type in words you think wouldn't be allowed lol
    My point exactly.
    People that think companies and "morals" mix have the sense of realism of a toddler; this is just another episode of the "current thing" marketing extravaganza.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Of course these companies are amoral, that's not the issue. The reality is that in 2022, it's bad for business to allow the bros to run rampant. It drives people off. For Blizzard specifically, the cost benefit analysis is clear - they need to reset their reputation as a haven for abusive assholes, both in the community itself and internally. It's an obvious requirement for Dragonflight to succeed in restoring the franchise. Most of the "WTF Blizz freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech" crowd won't actually quit, whereas I've known quite a few people over the years who've left this game because of its toxic environment.

They will need to hire more people though for this to succeed, so we'll see if they're willing to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since vanilla, have never received a single infraction, and I swear like a sailor among my mates. I just happen to treat others respectfully, that's it.

Pretty sure the people most offended and crying about these changes just want to be a dick online with reckless abandon and no consequences ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to be a dick online, I take issue with the 'social contract' because it's just a virtue signal. If they want to actually deal with toxicity they need some GMs to enforce the rules and decent procedures in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I don't want to be a dick online, I take issue with the 'social contract' because it's just a virtue signal. If they want to actually deal with toxicity they need some GMs to enforce the rules and decent procedures in place.
    You'd be ignoring the rest where they discuss revamping the report system to help them act faster on reports. Along with them saying this is just their first steps to improving the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Presenting everyone with a screen of text before they can play. That's definitely going to ensure everyone reads it and they don't just click through it so they can begin playing.
    It's there so that they say they can say they did something.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

It's a very good thing and a reminder to some people that they are not some sort of Greek Gods, they are just players and all players are equal. If some people don't like , they can complain to Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Then you shouldn't have an issue with any of it. Because it shouldn't affect you in any way. You know why I don't get in trouble in game for what I say or do? Because I act like an adult, and don't whine over every little thing, and try to treat other people with respect.

I realize it's the way of the world for the younger generation to become incensed with every little thing they disagree with these days, but it's still possible to just go on with your day and shut up about stuff that doesn't concern you.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!