Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    At this point you should either own up to being a dev on this most excellent car crash of a game or just take your own advice and shut the fuck up about things you obviously haven't used or know about as you are not an SC dev and thus, according to you, can know nothing.
    You cant claim something is crap without actually using it, thats just basic common sense that many ppl lack, i have seen the star citizen tool in action and its already proven to not be bad at what it actually does, devs dont make tools for no reason and making a tool to make things easier and faster is what the devs are supposed to do, no decent dev would insult anothers work especially without even using it in the first place.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont have any idea of how the tool is developed or how it actually functions, you also dont know what the game requires for its features, they made a tool with a handful of ppl that does the job and allows any dev in the company to develop thier own UI for the feature they are working on, dont talk BS about things you will never understand.
    You can, it has been shown in video, just because you dont understand it, doesn't mean nobody else can understand it.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You can, it has been shown in video, just because you dont understand it, doesn't mean nobody else can understand it.
    A few minutes video barely shows anything, it also doesnt show how its actually built or what the tools capabilities are, so you will always be talking complete nonsense because you have no idea about the tool they are using, its clear you dont understand anything.

You are not a game developer for CiG so you dont understand the games actual requirements or what will actually work for the game, its very highly doubtfull you are even a dev at all at this point because no dev would claim this amount of BS without actually having used the tools they are talking about.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-26 at 11:22 PM.

A few minutes video barely shows anything, it also doesnt show how its actually built or what the tools capabilities are, so you will always be talking complete nonsense because you have no idea about the tool they are using, its clear you dont understand anything.

You are not a game developer for CiG so you dont understand the games actual requirements or what will actually work for the game, its very highly doubtfull you are even a dev at all at this point because no dev would claim this amount of BS without actually having used the tools they are talking about.
    "barely shows anything", yeah dude why are you even talking about something you have zero clue about? Its clear as day you haven't even sniff development.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Stop projecting your issues into others, as there are a couple of posts filled with contradictions waiting to be addressed by you and Kenn.

No one dismissed the 5 year data:

The average of those 5 years of data should be around 1-2k viewers, I'll gladly do the math for you once I get the time for it, so if anyone is dismissing something here is you, half of the discussion, just for the cherry picking sake.

Also, I don't think anyone here is denying progress with Star Citizen, that's just you trying to move goalposts, the point of the discussion is that twitch stats are a really poor ass metric to measure such progress.
    You don't need to do the math, all that data is available in the multiple Sites that track Twitch stats.

As Star Citizen development continues the game gets more fleshed out more enjoyable it is so more players join the fun and more funding it gets.

Hence the recurrent funding and player concurrency records year after year.

Twtch growth is a consequence of said evolution. One metric of many about player engagement.

Same can be observed in Youtube videos about the game. With content creators with millions of subscribers like JackFrags, LevelCapGaming, Ollie etc playing Star Citizen and showcasing the game to thousands of players that then buy the game to try it themselves.

Which is year after year the game sees the player concurrency increase and funding following it.

And this while still in alpha stage roughness, players knowing that everything will be wiped mixed with the hardcore nature of a sandbox universe open pvp with full loot and total loss of gear when dying show's there's a market for these kind of game experiences.

So, it's only natural that it will continue to grow and evolve into the game we all want it to be.

As much as that might be a thorn in the detractors sides.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-05-27 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    "barely shows anything", yeah dude why are you even talking about something you have zero clue about? Its clear as day you haven't even sniff development.
    You are completely clueless on development of star citizen, a short video doesnt show how the tool is actually made or how it implements its systems in the game, it also doesnt show all the other features that the tool actually does, you are either the worst developer in existance or are just flat out lying about being in development in the first place.

Facts are you have not used the tool, that alone makes you completely unqualified to state it is a terrible tool compared to whatever you perceive to be better, you have no idea and will never win an argument without actual real facts.

At this point i'm fairly certain this guy is a poorly coded bot who's stuck in an infinite loop without any escape condition

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    At this point i'm fairly certain this guy is a poorly coded bot who's stuck in an infinite loop without any escape condition
    And im fairly certain most posters in the thread are completely incapable to bringing up a reasonable argument about anything regarding star citizen, all they are capable of doing is proving they lack any intergrity and just want to throw insults to a game company or its supporters.

You and many others have proven over and over you are not here to discuss anything about the game at all, why waste so much time hating some project when you could better spend it doing something actually productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just some poor sod who went full sunk-cost fallacy. Too much time, effort and possibly money have been spent to stop now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

You are completely clueless on development of star citizen, a short video doesnt show how the tool is actually made or how it implements its systems in the game, it also doesnt show all the other features that the tool actually does, you are either the worst developer in existance or are just flat out lying about being in development in the first place.

Facts are you have not used the tool, that alone makes you completely unqualified to state it is a terrible tool compared to whatever you perceive to be better, you have no idea and will never win an argument without actual real facts.
    Stop with the bullshit, every game has to abide the same rules when it comes to rendering graphics, and you dont even know shit about 2D graphics.

That video shows exactly how that works, its reinventing wheel.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Alright, the discussion on UI stuff needs to go to PM's or end. It's going in circles.

You and many others have proven over and over you are not here to discuss anything about the game at all, why waste so much time hating some project when you could better spend it doing something actually productive.
    Oh my poor Kenn, don't add me in this, you may search this entire thread and I probably posted once years ago. Tho, I do read it cause the project do interest me, but I also have eyes and I know when I see someone repeating the same empty answer over and over on topics they clearly have absolutely no experience in. Its that simple, really.

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright, the discussion on UI stuff needs to go to PM's or end. It's going in circles.
    Alright, was my last reply.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2022-05-27 at 04:25 PM.

Oh my poor Kenn, don't add me in this, you may search this entire thread and I probably posted once years ago. Tho, I do read it cause the project interest me, but I also have eyes and I know when I see someone repeating the same empty answer over and over on topics they clearly have absolutely no experience in. Its that simple, really.

Edit

Alright, was my last reply.
    Almost everytime you have posted in this thread its to post only negative things about it, so its very clear you are only here to insult what you want about the project when you are bored, too many in this thread are far too invested in hoping the project fails, its just a very sad existance if you are only interested in wanting something to fail, i dont waste my time constantly insulting other games/companies for doing things i dont like.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-27 at 04:27 PM.

Moving on to gameplay...

LvLCap taking a noob under is wing:

Almost everytime you have posted in this thread its to post only negative things about it
    Alright I know I said it was the last reply, and it might end up in an infraction but I don't care. Once again you just lie, on something that anyone can verify in 2 freaking clicks. Here's the entire history

https://i.imgur.com/xMK8CU0.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/zofTiDf.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/qBJPHjW.jpg

Tell me, where did I talked shit about the game? I made one joke, in 2019 (3 years ago btw, could make the same joke today..) about the release date of 2016. Thats it, the rest, every "negative" replies were about you and another special poster on a topic not even related to this game. All the other posts were me interested in the project, and one where I said my piece about a video, which was my opinion. But obviously, any god damn critics for you is an insult to your family or something, because in your rainbow and pony land everything is perfect about SC and nothing can be criticize.

Keep on lying, peace.

Alright I know I said it was the last reply, and it might end up in an infraction but I don't care. Once again you just lie, on something that anyone can verify in 2 freaking clicks. Here's the entire history

https://i.imgur.com/xMK8CU0.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/zofTiDf.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/qBJPHjW.jpg

Tell me, where did I talked shit about the game? I made one joke, in 2019 (3 years ago btw, could make the same joke today..) about the release date of 2016. Thats it, the rest, every "negative" replies were about you and another special poster on a topic not even related to this game. All the other posts were me interested in the project, and one where I said my piece about a video, which was my opinion. But obviously, any god damn critics for you is an insult to your family or something, because in your rainbow and pony land everything is perfect about SC and nothing can be criticize.

Keep on lying, peace.
    You have more posts negative in this thread than positive, and all posts i have seen myself are all negative from you so no lying at all. I dont insult games in development or even after they are fully released, i had no issues with no mans sky or any other games that have not had the smoothest starts.

Until a game is fully released then complaining about things that will change is a complete waste of time, so the only other reason to post in here is because you just want to waste time and dont care about the project at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You don't need to do the math, all that data is available in the multiple Sites that track Twitch stats.
    Then learn to analyze it instead of throwing bullshit accusations at people about dismissing data, you silly potato.
    As Star Citizen development continues the game gets more fleshed out more enjoyable it is so more players join the fun and more funding it gets.
    That’s just an opinion, one that backers such as Val, and the one’s going for refunds or selling their accounts on the grey market seem to disagree with it.
    Hence the recurrent funding and player concurrency records year after year.
    Yes, and fun fact, despite you bringing it up every couple of pages, I have yet to see anyone denying that selling JPGs is highly profitable for CiG… to bad that after a decade of such amazing financial growth the foundations for the game are still nowhere to be seen.
    Twtch growth is a consequence of said evolution. One metric of many about player engagement.
    Same can be observed in Youtube videos about the game. With content creators with millions of subscribers like JackFrags, LevelCapGaming, Ollie etc playing Star Citizen and showcasing the game to thousands of players that then buy the game to try it themselves.
    Not necessarily, as a ton of people, including ones that work in marketing already explained it to you, multiple times. You just need it to be so, otherwise all these years of bragging about it might start looking sort of dumb… it’s called denial.

But this is something you can see for yourself, take heroes of might and magic for example, recently placed just as high as SC in Twitch, with an average of 3-4k viewers, yet if you check Steam Charts, it has an average 1k players… a video game can have much more, or much less players than views on streaming websites, depending on many factors, including game genre, updates regularity and whatnot.
    Which is year after year the game sees the player concurrency increase and funding following it.
    Yeah dude, you just bragged about it a couple of lines ago… how many more do you think until we get the tech that the entire project is relying on?

And this while still in alpha stage roughness, players knowing that everything will be wiped mixed with the hardcore nature of a sandbox universe open pvp with full loot and total loss of gear when dying show's there's a market for these kind of game experiences.

So, it's only natural that it will continue to grow and evolve into the game we all want it to be.
    “alpha stage roughness”, after a decade of development sounds amazing.
    I can’t wait to see how good this game will be in it’s beta phase in just 20 years from now.

As much as that might be a thorn in the detractors sides
    That’s something you keep telling yourself to feel better with your weird emotional attachment to a video game company. I can assure you no one is losing any sleep for laughing at the ridiculous business practices of it.

You have more posts negative in this thread than positive
    ... and you have no negative posts at all.

I dont insult games in development or even after they are fully release
    Yet another fat ass shameless fucking lie, and right after I shared a bunch of quotes of you shitting on Elite Dangerous

You are completely out of touch with reality, I'm starting to get worried.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-05-27 at 05:29 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

. I dont insult games in development or even after they are fully released, i had no issues with no mans sky or any other games that have not had the smoothest starts.
    What has backfired, you have presented nothing to prove ED has anything that SC cant provide or more.

Yes ED is boring and has no content, but when its a fresh game you can still sink 100 hours into it before being completely bored as more than half the time spent ingame your not doing anything in the game, SC has a ton of content thats just fact.
    No it doesnt and thats just a simple fact, the planets are essentially pointless apart from that one location on some planets, SC offers all the gameplay ED currently offers and more, ED is just a bland forgetful experience.

RDR2 and cyberpunk are 9 year projects, dont forget RDR2 had another year of development to get it working on PC, and thats just 1 single game, SC are making both a single player and MMO at the same time.

its a space game what would you suggest instant travel to anywhere you want, plus its not a loading screen you can get up and look at the universe from somewhere else on your ship as your not fixed to your seat, you can actually see the planets and such as your travelling. Its a travel system just like in any other MMO but your not actually stuck inplace. What is your suggestion to make it interesting for you, its traveling from one point to another, SC is a space simulation game.

you also complain about features not ingame yet, it took many years even after ED has launched to have many of the features star citizen already has within the game. Seems nothing is good enough for you. EDs flight and travel is terrible compared to what SC currently has ingame and no immersion at all.

The development time is more than reasonable for the size of the project, and the current version of the project is a good product of what is to come, if your not happy with the game then your wasting your time complaining. SC is more playable than ED currently for me, ED just doesnt feel like a space game at all.
    problem is in ED is there is nothing to actually explore, you can fly around and land on some planets but there is nothing to actually do, for a true exploration you need things to do on a planet, maybe explore some ancient ruins, recover something from a crashed ship you detected etc.

ED exploration is boring and at the simplest level of gameplay. Doesnt matter if you have 50 star systems to explore or 1000, if there is nothing to actually explore on them, what is the point apart from the planet in space giving a good view.

If its exploration you want NMS is much better than ED for that, at least there is actually things to do on the planet.
    ED is a bland game, i have experienced all it has to offer and it holds no interest, the exploration consists of flying around and scanning, there is no relevance or need to go down to the planets, they are just there to look at nothing else, you are not a person in the game and cant interact with things inside your ship or even leave it apart from the planet buggy, it has a limited multiplayer experience and it doesn't even feel like a proper space game.

Current alpha in SC has a greater sense of actually being a space game, ED your just disconnected as your only interactions are with your ship.
    ED is not even an MMO, 1 of the largest ships in star citizen has more capacity than what limited multiplayer experience you get out of elite dangerous, the current flight model now is still better than ED where ships just fly around in a circle trying to kill you, since launch elite dangerous has not released anything relevant in terms of content, unless there is actually a point in landing on a planet what is the point at all in having them, ED has spent years trying to implement features that will be at release in star citizen and since the game was not designed for massive multiplayer in ED its just going to be more of the same irrelevant features you can only play in single player.

ED is a half decent game but it is massively lacking in depth and meaning, yes its will still take a while before star citizen is ready but that depth will be in the game at launch, ED is a glorified single player game and only has a small number of ships which are more than just a cockpit.

Attention to detail is everything in a space MMO, if there is no way to interact with things like panels in your ships, to self repairs, etc, its going to be pointless for ED to even implement ship interiors as its just going to be a room, with maybe a crew member to interact with and thats it.

Star citizen is offering the complete package with excellent graphics and attention to all the details that make a space game. Just tell me this what other game is offering for say a whole guild of 20 players to actually play on 1 ship together and be able to interact with other ships or whatever they want, hell no other game is even offering a group of 5 players to fly around space in one ship and there is only 1 ship in Elite the anaconda atm that could do that purpose.
    Y1our the one spewing BS, stretch goals were not a target of what money they needed to make the game, they were just to see the communities interest in expanding the game, a AAA MMO cant be made for less than a few hundred million.

ED has barely any gameplay loops and they are basic with nothing intesting about them, you can explore in SC currently, you can trade, fight, buy ships and upgrade them, bounty hunt, fight alien ships, FPS gameplay, explore cities, outposts, cave systems, unlawful and lawful missions, gain reputation, hunt players, get arrested and have to break out of jail or serve your time, create your own content like races, and much more, so it is an actual fact you can do everything in SC that ED offers and a hell of alot more.

I have over 100 hours of ED gameplay i know how bland and lacking the gameplay is in that game, and i know everything you can do in it and its not much.
    Golden buzzer winner of I never say anything bad about games. Have not even checked your WoW arguments, or your posts on Lost Ark thread, or anywhere else and did so in 3 minutes as can't give you more attention span :P
    @banmebaby, mind doing the honours since you are in the case for more proof?
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2022-05-27 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    I mean… how much more do you even need? It won’t make a difference, the dude is completely oblivious, he will just keep saying whatever needs to be said to defend anything CiG related against whatever “the haters” are saying, you can just repeat whatever he said 20 pages ago and he will argue against it while accusing you of being full of BS and knowing fucking nothing about it.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Golden buzzer winner of I never say anything bad about games. Have not even checked your WoW arguments, or your posts on Lost Ark thread, or anywhere else and did so in 3 minutes as can't give you more attention span :P
    Pointing out a few flaws in a game is not insulting the game company or developers, i have also never said any of those games were bad, so it seems you lack a basic ability to actually understand anything. Some games just dont have longevity to them because they dont add in enough content or gameplay loops.

You will not find anything from me saying x company is terrible or the devs are incompetant like some posters in this thread or me even saying a game is terrible or bad.