Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People are too incompetent when near Leia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post

But hey, why assume a simple answer when you can call someone a racist, amirite?
    Here's your answer.
    But it was clear it wasn't him after we saw him close up and heard him speak more.
    Let's say, considering his post history, I came to a conclusion and clearly I'm not the only one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    People are too incompetent when near Leia.
    Chalk it up to the Force, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Was Vader's identity ever meant to be a secret? I never thought it was, it's not like he tried to hide it or anything. He only wears a mask for medical reasons it's not like people knowing who he used to be would actually matter, the guy wasn't hiding.
    His identity is a secret, he becomes threatening to Thrawn when he begins conflating Anakin and Vader as the same person and he has killed less useful people for becoming aware of his former identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Its amazing how a ten years old little girl can outrun so many adults.
    I thought that at first but then remember she is strong with the force like anakin as a child so has really good reactions. The force guides as well so it could be making her go on the "best" route to avoid. Any way am just guessing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alubobz View Post
    I thought that at first but then remember she is strong with the force like anakin as a child so has really good reactions. The force guides as well so it could be making her go on the "best" route to avoid. Any way am just guessing
    I don't hate or love the scene but your post reminded me of something I read. Ahsoka was leading troopers in a war at the age of 14, of course Leia can outrun a couple of mooks.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    His identity is a secret, he becomes threatening to Thrawn when he begins conflating Anakin and Vader as the same person and he has killed less useful people for becoming aware of his former identity.
    That seems like it has more to do with him not wanting to be associated with that name anymore rather than a desire to keep it secret.

Is English not your first language? That would explain a lot.
    There voices were similar, and you didn't see him close up at first.
    Gotta love this place.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    That seems like it has more to do with him not wanting to be associated with that name anymore rather than a desire to keep it secret.
    You also have to remember that the Empire stated Anakin Skywalker was dead as well. Given everything we know, saying Vader's identity is a secret is the only thing that makes sense. And just because Vader does not wish to associate with the name does not preclude it from also being a secret. If there is part of my past I would not wish to associate with, I would not want others to find out about it. Thus making it a secret because I want to keep that part hidden from others.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Was Vader's identity ever meant to be a secret? I never thought it was, it's not like he tried to hide it or anything. He only wears a mask for medical reasons it's not like people knowing who he used to be would actually matter, the guy wasn't hiding.
    You'll never get a proper answer to that, and it might not be as binary as people here would like.

Most likely, Vader simply doesn't want to associate himself with Anakin anymore. The most obvious reason is probably because Anakin doesn't come without Padmé. There are plenty of individuals who worked out who he was and lived - most prominently and recently Thrawn. Thrawn got to live because he was a) clever enough to not state the obvious, and b) was a highly valued tool for Vaders Master.

That being said, there are plenty of reasons why Reva knows who Anakin is. The two most obvious ones are that she knows him from her Padawan/Youngling times, and her not being too smart a cookie, telling everyone, because she's one cocky SOB. Another might be that Vader told her himself, because he wants her to drop this name here and there to lure out Obi-Wan. Her goal seems to be to capture Obi-Wan, not kill him, like that former Jedi in Anchorhead. Maybe Vader found out she found out and gave her a chance to live, by finding Obi-Wan. If not, end of the road for Reva.

I'd wait and see why she knows before being too concerned or angry about it. Plenty of time to be upset that 'some rando knows' if the show never gives us a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You'll never get a proper answer to that, and it might not be as binary as people here would like.

Most likely, Vader simply doesn't want to associate himself with Anakin anymore. The most obvious reason is probably because Anakin doesn't come without Padmé. There are plenty of individuals who worked out who he was and lived - most prominently and recently Thrawn. Thrawn got to live because he was a) clever enough to not state the obvious, and b) was a highly valued tool for Vaders Master.

That being said, there are plenty of reasons why Reva knows who Anakin is. The two most obvious ones are that she knows him from her Padawan/Youngling times, and her not being too smart a cookie, telling everyone, because she's one cocky SOB. Another might be that Vader told her himself, because he wants her to drop this name here and there to lure out Obi-Wan. Her goal seems to be to capture Obi-Wan, not kill him, like that former Jedi in Anchorhead. Maybe Vader found out she found out and gave her a chance to live, by finding Obi-Wan. If not, end of the road for Reva.

I'd wait and see why she knows before being too concerned or angry about it. Plenty of time to be upset that 'some rando knows' if the show never gives us a good reason.
    I'm guessing it's just a privileged secret that only the highest ranking people know, and yes even the worst inquisitor is high ranking.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I spit my soda out watching the merc run into an extremely obvious and easy to avoud tree branch Home Alone style. This was Star Wars Xmas Special levels of bad direction.
    And there's only this one season n four more episodes to go..

gg lucasfilm...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-05-28 at 10:22 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inquisitors were fine (they are Sith, with all the grandiose flaws), even the grand one (I don't think he's dead, in Rebels he told that there is fate worse than death, and Boba Fett taught us that it's very easy to cyborg someone back to life)

Obi-wan flashing lightsaber after telling the other jedi to bury it - STUPID

10 yo Leia outrunning 3 adults who could get her like several times but chose not to - SUPER WEIRD. Maybe D. Chow liked that chase scene from Boba. Also the thugs acted silly. I even thought it's a kiddy show for a moment there.

I hope the Leia angle ends up being just a link to Leia asking General Kenobi to be her only hope in the New Hope. Like this is how they know each other. I don't want this to be the Leia Show. But it seems it's gonna be Baby Yoda Season of Mandalorian but with Kenobi and Leia.

Obi-wan flashing his lightsaber again on a more populated planet - SUPER STUPID

I liked how he Kenobied his way around though - reminded me of the Animated Kenobi a lot. At least with Kenobi we have a decent performance.

The con-jedi was interesting, I hope he's ok. Might be the beginning of the rebellion stuff.

I also wanna know what beef does the "whatever number" sister have with Kenobi. Seems very personal.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

If you've seen the two episodes already:

Ewan acted learning about Anakin perfectly. His collapsing, utterly terrified and pained expression felt in another league entirely compared to the rest of the show so far.

I greatly disliked "how" he learned, however. From a badly acted character we are indifferent about in flatly delivered lines. It's like she's watched the prequels and comes to gloat at Obiwan. The three inquisitors look like idiots with anger management issues, which I guess puts them correctly in the position of "Disney villains". The whole thing of walking around the streets looking for Jedi is just stupid.

Asajj Ventress was a so much better female villain than this confused fake-angry girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    If you've seen the two episodes already:

Ewan acted learning about Anakin perfectly. His collapsing, utterly terrified and pained expression felt in another league entirely compared to the rest of the show so far.

I greatly disliked "how" he learned, however. From a badly acted character we are indifferent about in flatly delivered lines. It's like she's watched the prequels and comes to gloat at Obiwan. The three inquisitors look like idiots with anger management issues, which I guess puts them correctly in the position of "Disney villains". The whole thing of walking around the streets looking for Jedi is just stupid.

Asajj Ventress was a so much better female villain than this confused fake-angry girl.
    I kept thinking, whenever this new inquisitor was on screen, that I'd much have preferred the inquisitor girl from Fallen Order. Or someone Asajj Ventress-y. They had actual characters to base this new one on with a lot of reference material for what made them compelling. Instead... They went with whatever the heck this is

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The three inquisitors look like idiots with anger management issues, which I guess puts them correctly in the position of "Star Wars villains".
    Fixed that for you. Like...Palpatine literally had an evil monster voice that he put on (and then just started using full-time at the end of ep.III) whenever he was around people who knew who he was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kumail felt like a cameo, not a character, yanked out any star wars feels...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Kumail felt like a cameo, not a character, yanked out any star wars feels...
    What do you know about it? Your whole reason on this forum is to shitpost and to demonstrate that you know nothing about the stuff you talk about.

Generally I think it's pretty fine so far.

I am not so sure where to put and what to do with that con jedi, and it seems a little strange that someone would be able to con people with small technical gimmicks (aka "magnets") in a world with space ships and holograms.

And that Leia chase, it went from Benny Hill style slapstick to No Country for Old men murder in a blink. Like what?

But overall the direction seems fine. The start with the younglings might also mean they cater to some of the memes. Curious of we get some "hello there", "I have the high ground" or "I don't like sand" references. And let's see if the inquisition might come behind "Ben Kenobis" real alter ego after all.

Gotta love this place.
    What does being familiar with a written language have to do with two actors' similar voices?

Your whole reason on this forum is to shitpost and to demonstrate that you know nothing about the stuff you talk about.
    Gotta love this place.