Poll: Do you like Racial Capitol Cities?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love them and I wish Blizzard would stop removing the portals that took you to them all the time.
    I like using them when I can and as a Horde player I am sick and tired of Orgrimmar. I want to use Thunder Bluff and Silvermoon a lot more.

I still think it's horrid Worgen hasn't retaken Gilneas City as their capital.

I love them. It's a wonderful little glimpse into what the culture of these races are, to see a way of life vastly different to the other races. I mean, how boring would Suramar have been if it was just Stormwind #12?

Are people seriously asking if cities are liked in an RPG?

It's an MMORPG; the cities should matter more in general, and there should be more reason for us to visit them.
    I miss the daily profession quests, and I really wish they'd just bake world quests and more events into the cities, especially if we someday get player houses. Coming outside to some raid boss assaulting my town would be hilarious.

There used to be "exclusivity" for capital cities. You had to go to Thunderbluff, Iron Forge, Stormwind for whatever reason. Back in those days, though, WoW was an RPG not an action game. I very much like capital cities, I think each expansion needs a full-fledged capital, like Shattrath, Dalaran, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    ...the creation of race-specific assets could be used for both their updated capitals and future player housing that could exist in or around those capitals.
    Uh, yeah, even if they do housing, they've proven they don't give a flying fuck about that whatsoever. We learned that in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Uh, yeah, even if they do housing, they've proven they don't give a flying fuck about that whatsoever. We learned that in WoD.
    Ian was quoted as saying the following just a few weeks ago, "Player housing is topic that comes up a ton around the team. Tons of support for it across the community and within the team, it’s something many of us would love ourselves. Putting together any of the package of features for an expansion, it’s a mix of what thematically suits the expansion, what’s going to appeal to different types of players, but also what would be required to deliver that feature at the level that players expect and deserve, and what would we have to give up to make that happen… and player housing is a big one. It’s a big project, a big undertaking, and I would argue that if we were to do it, it would probably have to span multiple expansions – it’s a large enough feature just from the art."

The only reason that it's too large a feature for a single expansion, because of the art, is if they were to have more than two aesthetics. The only reason Garrisons were only generic Alliance (Human) and Horde (Orc) was because it was designed as a single expansion feature, rather than a base feature. If they do true player housing, we will have race specific assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Yes, and it is a shame what happened to Darnassus and Undercity. Both cities were unique. I understand they do not get used or visited often, but that could have been fixed without destroying them. It is a nice thing to have, and it makes it feel like the WORLD of Warcraft.
    Yeah they absolutely could've been fixed, especially when you consider that them not being as populated was done mostly by design and is thus Blizzard's fault. Stormwind and Orgrimmar simply always had more stuff in them and going to places from there was more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    Ian was quoted as saying the following just a few weeks ago, "Player housing is topic that comes up a ton around the team. Tons of support for it across the community and within the team, it’s something many of us would love ourselves. Putting together any of the package of features for an expansion, it’s a mix of what thematically suits the expansion, what’s going to appeal to different types of players, but also what would be required to deliver that feature at the level that players expect and deserve, and what would we have to give up to make that happen… and player housing is a big one. It’s a big project, a big undertaking, and I would argue that if we were to do it, it would probably have to span multiple expansions – it’s a large enough feature just from the art."

The only reason that it's too large a feature for a single expansion, because of the art, is if they were to have more than two aesthetics. The only reason Garrisons were only generic Alliance (Human) and Horde (Orc) was because it was designed as a single expansion feature, rather than a base feature. If they do true player housing, we will have race specific assets.
    Oh, well, if IAN said it...

Seriously, why do you people keep falling for the garbage they spew out of their mouths? The proof is in the pudding, not what some failed lawyer vomiting up PR claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point if the city is just going to sit empty. What we need is more cities like Suramar and Boralus.

I think it's a huge missed opportunity much like the rest of Azeroth currently not being used for much of anything. I get their reasoning for making every city basically the same because they want certain things to be accessible everywhere - however part of me wishes they took the race fantasy a bit further and made each city unique. Say for example you're a tailor - maybe you can have some sort of profession boost in Silvermoon or Stormwind that makes those cities desirable to visit if you have tailoring. Or maybe you're a blacksmith and Orgrimmar/Ironforge offers you something that the other cities can still offer you a 'basic' level of.

There's a bunch of different ways you could make the cities stand on their own while still having certain necessities you want in every capital. I kinda miss the old days when I had that feeling of being in Stormwind but I had a reason to go to Ironforge or Darnassus (whether it was for an important quest or something else) and unfortunately today they don't really utilize these cities.

The overly simplistic way wow uses them certainly is not very interesting. Especially with most of them stuck 10-15 years in the past. I think the best feature of DF so far is that they fucking finally don't force me to constantly go back to that shithole called orgrimmar whenever I want to trade with other players.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I can't say I'm that interested in them because there is hardly anything to do in them. Maybe if housing is a thing.... but my own small Garrison was more important to me than any faction city. (even without any ressource/gold benefits whatsoever)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    It's just sad what Garrosh has done to the place. A rehaul of Orgrimmar returning it to a less militaristic town that feels more like a messy but welcoming shanty would be excellent.
    I personally think it was amazing what he did, he put the city into the right path, to not be a bunch of huts anymore, it felt like a monopoly and where all orcs could live, metal so it does not catch fire or gets easily destroyed instead of wood.

Flat out yes, as a roleplayer, a demographic blizzard almost rarley if ever caters to anymore, I think racial capitals are a cruical part of the game.

They allow every culture and people to feel unique, every species in wow has its own iconic architecture, culture, and vibe.

This is something that id actually say was one of wow's better qualities in the old days, hell, ill even give it to BFA, I love Boralus.

But they desperatley need to bring that era back, or even update old cities, Ironforge, Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Thunderbluff, long overdue new coats of paint.

I would love for more capital cities and updated capital cities. Just due to the lore my ideas would give the alliance more capitals than the horde.

Gadgetzan could be a neutral capital city modelled off of hearthstone lore. undermine could come in a future expansion as a neutral capital hub for it. Gnomeregan should be made a capital city and the deeprun tram moved to it with it acting as a central hub connecting mechagon(nothing more than the start point of mechagnomes), stormwind, ironforge, shadowforge, gilneas, and possibly grim batol all of which being alliance capitals. Stromgarde could be updated to be a capital as well.

Horde side there is suramar of course. I would like to see alterac whether it be claimed by undead or alteraci joining the horde. I would like see stratholme be the new undead capital rather than trying to rebuild undercity/lordaeron.

All capitals should receive a small portal room as well that at the very least has a portal back to the primary faction capital.

I love them, but I think many of them need a redesign -- SW in particular from an Alliance POV. Org is a great city with a big open center of commerce giant "bowl" in the center. Lots of places for people to stand around and mingle. SW's commerce area is super tight and small. Not really a place to hang out and stand around. Obviously not the biggest deal, far from it -- but there is a lot to be said about having a cool hang out spot in a city to show of my transmog/pets/see other people doing their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Thunder Bluff. Open air, comfy tent city set in an extremely defensible position and a serene valley. Good music too.
    This art gave me chills. TB was the first city I saw in the game, and this could literally be my tauren almost 18 years ago.

Racial cities had their place when the game was MMORPG above other things. Now that it is mostly action RPG, I don't really feel that they are needed anymore. They are just hubs where you wait for your next activity.

Hire a professional hacker!
    My expertise is programming, running exploits, and setting up DDOS attacks and I like the challenge of doing things where most others give up.

Examples:
    Spear Phishing Attacks to get accounts from selected targets.
    I can recover account passwords of most social networks easily, remote control smartphones.
    Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, the Twitter account hacking. Criminal record expungement, Credit score increment, Change of a school course grade, etc.

Full package deal, getting access to personal or company devices and accounts and searching for the data you need.
    Hacking web servers, game servers, or other internet infrastructure. Basically, anything a hacker needs to be successful.

Examples:
    Simply hacking something technically.
    Causing a lot of technical trouble on websites/networks to disrupt their service with DDOS and other methods.
    Economic espionage. Getting private information from someone.
    Ruining your opponents, business, or private persons you don't like, I can ruin them financially and or get them arrested, whatever you like.

Contact via
    Telegrram:............... Blackhat_plug

They are alright but effectively you only need one central hub each expansion and making additional ones isn't really a good investment.

They're bare boned, culturally speaking. They need to be fleshed out.