Moonfall and Morbius - 5/10
    Both movies had decent actors but they were not so great.
    Morbius was the typical marvel movie with big fight scenes but did not have much else going for it. Jerod Leto was good but it wasn't much of a part.
    Moonfall is a goofy SciFi movie that kind of had an interesting plot but it was really a goofy movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got the Matrix Ressurections DVD today.

I really enjoyed the movie almost until the end, the movie needed to be at least 3h long to have a proper storytelling because the end was just to abrupt. Also didn't liked the new A. Smith, but i did enjoyed Neo ressurection.

6/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife
    This will most likely be my next movie, the DVD is still on preorder, i'll wait until its lauched.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Moonfall and Morbius - 5/10
    Both movies had decent actors but they were not so great.
    Morbius was the typical marvel movie with big fight scenes but did not have much else going for it. Jerod Leto was good but it wasn't much of a part.
    Moonfall is a goofy SciFi movie that kind of had an interesting plot but it was really a goofy movie.
    I saw Morbius recently too. Yeah, 5-6/10 sounds about right. It's not awful but it seems really light for a Marvel movie. They have a formula with their movies, but it always felt like director's were given free reign to inject some of themselves into the movies and formula. Whether it's Spiderman using that 80s Ferris Bueller vibe, Gunn and Guardians, Captain always bordering on a spy movie almost, etc... Morbius felt extremely cookie cutter, nothing every made it feel special. Maybe it was the horror they tried to inject, but I don't think that really hit.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I saw Morbius recently too. Yeah, 5-6/10 sounds about right. It's not awful but it seems really light for a Marvel movie. They have a formula with their movies, but it always felt like director's were given free reign to inject some of themselves into the movies and formula. Whether it's Spiderman using that 80s Ferris Bueller vibe, Gunn and Guardians, Captain always bordering on a spy movie almost, etc... Morbius felt extremely cookie cutter, nothing every made it feel special. Maybe it was the horror they tried to inject, but I don't think that really hit.
    It's not really a Marvel movie, it's a Sony one (along with Venom etc) and their track record has been pretty spotty. Morbius was just boring, sadly. The entire thing kind of hinged on being invested in the relationship between the hero/villain, but it didn't really feel like they actually cared that much about each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The manga is a glorious work of art. A 29 volume work of art but still a work of art.

They remade the Anime 2 years ago and noone noticed or talks about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    It's not really a Marvel movie, it's a Sony one (along with Venom etc) and their track record has been pretty spotty. Morbius was just boring, sadly. The entire thing kind of hinged on being invested in the relationship between the hero/villain, but it didn't really feel like they actually cared that much about each other.
    That explains a lot, I thought it was part of their "new phase" or whatever they refer to these things now.

Secrets of Dumbeldore: 5/10
    Feel about the same of this as I did of Morbius.
    -Some of it is cool, occasionally the charm of the series sneaks back in that existed in FB 1 and 2
    -The story is... meh and just feels "unearned" idk it doesn't make any damn sense.
    -Characters are under utilized
    -The whole movie is a bit of a mess

I would have been disappointed if the next movie didn't get made... but I'll be honest I thought this was supposed to be the last movie and now I'm reading there are potentially 2 more in limbo. If they are going to be like this, just don't make them. Also I normally like Mads, but he was bad... he seemed uninteresting, both as an actor and the character.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-05-31 at 05:41 PM.

Cyrano - as a musical 6/10 but as an at home date night movie 8/10. Peter Dinklage’s speaking voice was a well-tuned instrument. I am not sure that making it a musical added much to the story which was poetry by itself. I would rank it up to par with Roxanne which I liked.

As a date night movie, I rank it a tray of tempura + a bucket of butter milk fried chickens + a bottle of wine + a bottle of mead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top Gun: Maverick 9/10

Fantastic fun and as good as original.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of Man / Cash Truck - 6.5/10

The start was dope and music/atmosphere was pretty good, but I felt a bit disappointed with the ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal Lords: 7/10 Yay at being reminded of being an awkward high school metalhead band geek for 98 minutes.

Sorry to Bother You: 8/10 Funny and surreal, with a great cast and one of the catchiest rap songs ever, but dude... what the fuck. Shit took some turns, yo.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Doctor Strange 2 - 6/10

Not impressed by this one, gotta say. The visual effects are gorgeous and some fights and events are cool, but even at its best the movie is a succession of cool events that don't flow together naturally. At its worst it's a jumbled mess that speedruns through its underwhelming story. I did like the horror elements in it but they really weren't enough to elevate the film above mediocrity. One of the weaker offerings in the MCU in my opinion, even if it may be my great dislike for the concept of the multiverse taking its hefty toll.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Parasite - 9/10
    Okja - 8/10

I'm beginning to think this Bong Joon-Ho guy has got talent.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Rewatched the accountant

7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Top Gun 8/10

Holy shoot did this blow my expectations away.
    -K

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Uncharted 6/10

Decent movie

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Jurassic World Dominion: 2/10

Worse Jurassic World Movie. Arguably worse than JP3.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    The Northman: 9/10

Pretty great, felt like I was in a viking metal videoclip.

Top Gun: Maverick 10/10

I have not seen the first one other than a few minutes here and there that were broadcasted through the years on TV, but i have never sat to watch its entire length for some reason.

I always liked the soundtrack and all of its songs are on my regular playlists when i want to pump myself up. Furthermore when i was young, for some reason i was always a big fun of supersonic aircrafts and i was aspiring to become a pilot, when the movie started i magically turn into a 10 year old kid again and that feeling and excitement remained within me through the entirety of the movie.

It blew my expectations away, initially i was expecting a good Tom Cruise movie, maybe a 7/10 at best, but i could not anticipate this lvl of craftsmanship.

Top Gun: Maverick 8/10

Perfect summer action movie. I went to watch it with my father and my two nephews.

Lancaster 10/10

Documentary on the British Bomber Command, through the development and operational use of the Avro Lancaster. The aerial cinematography was awesome. The sound of engines made my living room vibrate. The human losses on both sides were catalogued poignantly. The Dambuster raid was featured, with personal narrative from bomb-aimer Johnny Johnson, now aged 100, the last survivor of that famous raid. The documentary also featured the lesser-known RAF's raid against Germany's center of rocket development at Peenemünde, on the Baltic Coast, which set back development and deployment of the V2 ballistic missile by almost a year. Pretty epic documentary.