Poll: What do you think?

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    The current design is too degenerated that furries don’t even want to play.
    What does this even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    What does this even mean?
    The furry accusers are wrong about it currently only being a race that furries will love.

5+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-06 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Removed Image
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Would have been good to show that off at literally any point in the hour-long preview.

I hope you're right though, but just hoping that's the case isn't gonna be enough, unfortunately. We need to make sure Blizzard knows that the playerbase isn't super happy with how the new race looks.
    You and a vocal minority do not = the entire playerbase. That is massive projection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You and a vocal minority do not = the entire playerbase. That is massive projection.
    A lot of this reminds me of the level of crazy hate MoP received when it was first announced. A similar vocal minority decried that WoW was devolving into a kiddy game and that Pandaren looked goofy. That same minority jumped for joy when WoD was revealed and that WoW was finally leaving the "childishness" of MoP and the Pandaren behind.

Years later, MoP is fondly remembered as one of the best WoW expansions, and WoD is remembered as one of the worst.

5+ Year Old Account
    A lot of this reminds me of the level of crazy hate MoP received when it was first announced. A similar vocal minority decried that WoW was devolving into a kiddy game and that Pandaren looked goofy. That same minority jumped for joy when WoD was revealed and that WoW was finally leaving the "childishness" of MoP and the Pandaren behind.

Years later, MoP is fondly remembered as one of the best WoW expansions, and WoD is remembered as one of the worst.
    Liar, Liar Pants on Fire, since only way for you to know that they was a SAME minority only if you was a part of said minority, but once again you THE guy who lies on daily basis... so maybe...you was in that group.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

It's hardly a stretch that the same type of people pissing themselves over "furry pandering" and the art team trying something that differs from the usual v-shaped men would have been appalled about pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Liar, Liar Pants on Fire, since only way for you to know that they was a SAME minority only if you was a part of said minority, but once again you THE guy who lies on daily basis... so maybe...you was in that group.
    No no, there was a vocal crowd of people, at least here, that said that pandaria was legit kung fu panda or pandering to the Chinese. Those were the two main things that came up.

But it had nothing to do with kiddy or goofy.

And @Teriz I was actually happy for wod, with what was promised.... but what we got? It depresses me. The story, that could have been, was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    No no, there was a vocal crowd of people, at least here, that said that pandaria was legit kung fu panda or pandering to the Chinese. Those were the two main things that came up.
    I mean, they probably WERE pandering to the Chinese. It's a massive market and they did purge all the Japanese influences on pandaren art that used to exist before.
    Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from non-Western mythologies though. Only people who keep crying about "weebs" care for that.

10+ Year Old Account

Correlation is not causation.

The retrospective reception of those expansions is predicated almost entirely on their mechanics (or lack thereof), not their respective themes. I daresay that if you were to switch the themes, the positive (for MoP) and negative (for WoD) receptions would only be amplified.

They should fix them. Even by world of warcraft measures they look nothing but silly and comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    They should fix them. Even by world of warcraft measures they look nothing but silly and comical.
    They really shouldnt listen to the community on this one, The Dracthyr look fine and people are judging and screaming before we've even got a proper look at them.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Agreed. Here’s to hoping they’re fixed. At least with new torso options.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    They really shouldnt listen to the community on this one, The Dracthyr look fine and people are judging and screaming before we've even got a proper look at them.
    The community seems awefully split on this. Each side claiming they are the "obvious majority" and only a "small vocal faction is saying they like/dislike this new race".

Some people really like them, some people really don't..... I'm betting the majority is in the middle saying "please make the class I like decent and stop the bleeding of subscribers so we don't all quit".

I've said multiple times before that if they wanted to bring alot of people back, they would need a dragon class that they could use for marketting their new expansion and drawing back people because "who wouldn't want to play as a freaking dragon". Well Blizzard found a way to make a dragon class that has DEFINITELY NOT excited their playerbase.

Some people like them, and that's great, but I haven't heard of a single "I used to play WoW person" who has said they want to come back and try this race/class. Nobody seems excited who wasn't already a shoe-in for a new xpac.

When I said "I want to play a dragon" I meant:

I meant:

I didn't mean:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I didn't mean:

Except they don’t look like that, they look like this;

Except they don’t look like that, they look like this;
    I mean one is blue and has wings, but otherwise they look pretty freaking similar.......

I get you are gaming to be a paid sponsor for these Evokers at this point, but you're approaching amberheard levels of "yes I pledged the money".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I mean one is blue and has wings, but otherwise they look pretty freaking similar.......

I’m not seeing the resemblance.

10+ Year Old Account
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-06 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    --- snip ---
    Sure, if you have vision problems.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-06 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if you have vision problems.
    I like Argonians. I like the Drac'thyr. But you're just being disingenuous if you're claiming not to see the similarities. And more than just general "reptilian humanoid." They have much of the same silhouette, sans wings, especially if you go back to the less-stocky iterations of Argonians in years past.