Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is such a lazy argument. People leave for many reasons. Trying to claim you are right by saying they are all leaving because of your opinion is disingenuous. Correlation does not = causation.
    You are absolutely correct, if people find a game fun and entertaining they quit all the time to avoid all the fun. Just like saying you and lots of people having fun means the game is fun and that people leave do so for reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Years ago, I balked at WoW focusing on evils that threatened the universe (and then reality itself) because the fans become numb to anything less. You can't easily just walk that back to small stuff. Dragonflight may be being placed in that situation. You really cannot go straight from Zovaal to some evil dragon or a local threat on Azeroth. The main timeline has to stay at universe-level threats. However, we really don't know the villain of the Dragonflight xpac.
    This is not at all true, it just has to be approached with care and attention. A threat is a threat. All it needs to be is stronger than what the non player characters & factions can beat through what might constitute ordinary soldiers in azeroth and it will be something the adventurer/player character has to engage with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It really wasn't though. Especially when your scale for quality is based on retcons, which TBC was entirely composed of.
    Meh is was fine. Not great mind you but fine. Blizzard has made far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I see you did not play TBC.
    I see that you didn't either because TBC did not butcher the canon as hard as Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is such a lazy argument. People leave for many reasons. Trying to claim you are right by saying they are all leaving because of your opinion is disingenuous. Correlation does not = causation.
    It's a game. If it's not a good game anymore, people leave. The game has been steadily hemmorrhaging subs since BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They haven't. No more than a museums "create new timelines".

Spoiler alert: they are making Wrath Classic.

This isn't gonna happen. Blizzard is not gonna "kill" WoW to make "WoW 2: timeline boogaloo".

No, they wouldn't. Not to mention that the purpose of the Classic servers isn't to "veer off into WoW 2" but to be a window to the past. Museums, so to speak.

Nope. That is the last thing they need. So far down the list that it's not even part of the list. I can tell you with 100% guarantee that if Blizzard decided to "kill" WoW to start "WoW Remake", myself and my entire guild would stop playing entirely because honestly I am not starting over with zero achievement points, pets, mounts, toys and gold. And I imagine many more, possibly the majority would not be happy to lose the progress they spent years on just because Blizzard decided to "close the game to start over".
    The only way I could see them doing a reboot is if you could carry over your pets/mounts/gold and it all gets unlocked on your account once you lvl 1 toon to max level. A with updated and higher rez graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I see that you didn't either because TBC did not butcher the canon as hard as Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a game. If it's not a good game anymore, people leave. The game has been steadily hemmorrhaging subs since BfA
    Ummmm about 99% of TBC was actually all retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The only way I could see them doing a reboot is if you could carry over your pets/mounts/gold and it all gets unlocked on your account once you lvl 1 toon to max level. A with updated and higher rez graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummmm about 99% of TBC was actually all retcon.
    100% of Shadowlands was bullshit retcons. At least a handful of TBC retcons made sense. Though TBC definitely wasn't 99% retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    100% of Shadowlands was bullshit retcons. At least a handful of TBC retcons made sense. Though TBC definitely wasn't 99% retcons.
    Actually it was and TBC wss 10000% worst
    Tbc is the only xpac I unsubbed for cause literally every single aspect of it is bad, and I do mean everthing.

Actually it was and TBC wss 10000% worst
    Tbc is the only xpac I unsubbed for cause literally every single aspect of it is bad, and I do mean everthing.
    It really wasn't but thank you for proving you didn't play TBC when it was current

The problem with that is that the development of the new game would be at least 50% mounts, pets, toys and etc.