Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

(Spoilers) The fate of the Night Elf souls...

So it seems like the Night Elf souls will be permanently obliterated to build this new seed...

https://youtu.be/YMGN9pK5ZC4

But we won't even know what the seed does. The Forsaken got a long questline to repair Tirisfal and Undercity with new armor and customizations while the Night Elves just got this seed.. at the cost of all the night elf souls that were killed and tortured.
    This is awful, the night elves went through so much tragedy and suffering and now that we finally freed them... they will be obliterated anyway??

Even if we got a new world tree out of it which is extremely unlikely, it's extremely bad that the Night Elf souls are being destroyed for it. Instead they should've been part of the actual renewal instead of sacrificing themselves for something that might even turn out to nothing.
    It's pointless to have a new home when all the night elves that once were part of the race aren't even part of it. At the very least they should be walking around as spirits or souls, but not be completely erased from existence.

This is an absolutely horrible and disrespectful story decision that goes against the feedback people have been providing for the past years.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the seed gets destroyed by the Horde or some other villain given Blizzard's hateful writing for Night Elves.
    Last edited by ethriel; 2022-06-01 at 09:05 AM.

Maybe dryads are going to be born from the new world tree? Dryad made with the elven souls?

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    So it seems like the Night Elf souls will be obliterated to build this new seed....
    gotta spend a wisp to grow an ancient.

and yeah, apparently dryads are born from seeds, which was mentioned in Traveler. our new world tree has blossoms, later a dryad/kotg is born, maybe even retaining the personality of the soul residing there before.

curious where it will be planted. not Silithus pls, that would look awkward. id pick Bloodmyst just to get a pink tree.
    Last edited by guro-tchai; 2022-06-01 at 02:42 AM.

What i dont like about the cinematic:

1) Another “justice is vengeance” bullshit.

2) Night elf souls being used as fuel for the seed.

3) Forsaken get to retake Lordaeron in one patch, got their capital back too un-blighted.

4) Ysera says to give the seed to her daughter on Dragon Isles… which means they seriously want night elves to leave Kalimdor and move to some fuck off islands… annihilating them culturally and allowing Horde to ruins Kalimdor entirely in the future.

Yeah, unless these souls respawn as Nelf-Botani or Night-Fae-Satyr-Nelfs, then this addresses no issues the nelf playerbase or storyline has.

Fix the old tree? All that does is get to status quo... minus their population and the trauma/humiliation

New tree? new land they don't give a crap about in DF far away from their holdings in Kalimdor
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Yeah, unless these souls respawn as Nelf-Botani or Night-Fae-Satyr-Nelfs, then this addresses no issues the nelf playerbase or storyline has.

Fix the old tree? All that does is get to status quo... minus their population and the trauma/humiliation

New tree? new land they don't give a crap about in DF far away from their holdings in Kalimdor
    Basically that. It is as hollow as an empty oil drum.

Fixes nothing, makes players feel cheated again, lesser then what Forsaken got… its just whole bunch of buzzwords thrown at the player in hopes of “breaking” them into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    in hopes of “breaking” them into submission.
    well night elves do have a buck travel form and were sent on pumpkin plantations after Teldrassil. coincidence?..

wonder how you still can be passionate about this. hope fails, sunshine

To add salt to the wound, The Forsaken questline unlocks the title "Of Lorderon", lands that once belonged firmly to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    To add salt to the wound, The Forsaken questline unlocks the title "Of Lorderon", lands that once belonged firmly to the Alliance.
    The Alliance of Lordaeron, which fell completely. This should not be mistaken with the current Alliance, which is the Alliance of Stormwind or 'Grand Alliance'. Very different distinctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Is this title only available to Horde players?

If I had anything to say about it, i'd strengthen and enhance the original world tree, Nordrassil, which was the home of the Night Elves for the longest time after the Sundering. Revamp the Hyjal Zone and build the new capital there. Also do something with Felwood.

And then let Dryads and Keeper of the Growth spawn as a new race with the old night elf souls reincarnating that way. With two legs for battle, able to shift into their four legged form as a mount option.

You literally don’t have any DF knowledge yet. In DF we might take the seed to her and then reclaim a place in Ashenvale or the ruined land around Darkshore. Healing it and having that become the new capital or even Hyjal.

Be calm and don’t go all uppity with your own head cannon when they are clearly building it out and making it something that will be concluded later with a whole new city in the end

The distinctions are different, yes, but the implications and balance of power are still skewed towards the Horde in Lordaeron, which still houses citizens of the current Alliance upon its shores.

probably to set up lore around the creation of a new World Tree on the Dragon Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    well night elves do have a buck travel form and were sent on pumpkin plantations after Teldrassil. coincidence?..

wonder how you still can be passionate about this. hope fails, sunshine
    Because WoW was my favourite game once and to this day seeing this blatant annihilation of all that was ever good and enjoyable in it irks me?

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Is this title only available to Horde players?
    I don't play anymore, so I can't say with 100% certainty. But since NE/VE's can be Dark Rangers, logic implies Alliance can still use the title too.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Because WoW was my favourite game once and to this day seeing this blatant annihilation of all that was ever good and enjoyable in it irks me?
    and when you were several months old, your favorite thing in the world was your mom's tit. same for me (or almost everyone lol). presumably, they've lost all attractiveness to you, and i don't think they even look good now.
    making fun of devs is fun, hurting yourself - not so sure. just don't think it's healthy to repeatedly poke a wound.

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    So it seems like the Night Elf souls will be obliterated to build this new seed...

https://youtu.be/YMGN9pK5ZC4

But we won't even know what the seed does. The Forsaken got a long questline to repair Tirisfal and Undercity while the Night Elves just got this seed.. at the cost of all the night elf souls that were killed and tortured.

Even if we got a new world tree out of it which is extremely unlikely, it's extremely bad that the Night Elf souls are being destroyed for it. Instead they should've been part of the actual renewal instead of sacrificing themselves for something that might even turn out to nothing.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the seed gets destroyed given Blizzard's hateful writing for Night Elves.
    Did you really expect them to do anything that could be counted as some sort of a victory for Night elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    and when you were several months old, your favorite thing in the world was your mom's tit. same for me (or almost everyone lol). presumably, they've lost all attractiveness to you, and i don't think they even look good now.
    making fun of devs is fun, hurting yourself - not so sure. just don't think it's healthy to repeatedly poke a wound.
    Well it beats discussing politics , you know? Or even thinking about politics.