While this doesn't pertain to the Ukraine war, it still involves Russia and invading others.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...f07592551934ce

Russia Anchorman Known As 'Putin's Voice' Wants Moscow to Take Stonehenge

Russian state TV personality Vladimir Solovyov suggested that Russia invade the United Kingdom next, saying he'd like to see Moscow take Stonehenge.

Solovyov, who has close ties with Vladimir Putin and has been called "Putin's voice," said on his Russia-1 program, Evening with Vladimir Solovyov, that Russia could invade the U.K. next. When asked by Ukrainian political analyst Vasil Vakarov how far Russia would be willing to go before stopping, Solovyov replied, "Well, when we have to, then we will."

"Where will we stop? Well, as I was saying today, maybe Stonehenge. Liz Truss says she's the one fighting the war," Solovyov said according to The Independent.

Stonehenge, the historic landmark in England that lies in Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, is currently being used to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's 70th anniversary.

Truss, Britain's foreign secretary, has been at odds with Russian media since the invasion for refusing to compromise with Putin on the subject of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Truss told G7 and NATO leaders at a meeting in Germany at the beginning of May that "Putin is humiliating himself on the world stage. We must ensure he faces a defeat in Ukraine that denies him any benefit and ultimately constrains further aggression."

This is not the first time Russian state TV has threatened Britain or Europe in general. In April, the Putin propagandist Solovyov threatened the U.K. with the possibility of nuclear annihilation via the Sarmat, a Russian ballistic missile. Solovyov said on his show, "One Sarmat means minus one Great Britain because they've gotten totally boorish."

In another episode, accompanied on his show by journalist Margarita Simonyan, he comforted the world to the possibility of nuclear war. Simonyan said in April, "Everything will end with a nuclear strike is more probable than the other outcome. This is to my horror, on one hand, but on the other hand, with the understanding that it is what it is."

Solovyov added, "But we will go to heaven, while they will simply croak."

Besides threatening the U.K. on Monday, Solovyov was questioned on his show about his villas in Italy after he called Italians "fascists."

According to a roughly translated tweet, the TV host was asked why he purchased four villas in Italy if he thought Italians were fascists, to which he reportedly replied, "When I bought, the Italian people remembered and loved the Russians."

Solovyov has previously railed against the country of Italy on air after three of his villas were seized by Italian police as sanctions against oligarchs took place in response to the war in Ukraine.

Newsweek reached out to the Russian defense ministry for comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    While this doesn't pertain to the Ukraine war, it still involves Russia and invading others.

Damn, I didn't know Russia had its own version of Alex Jones.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-05-31 at 01:46 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Damn, I didn't know Russia had it's own version of Alex Jones.
    It seems they've got nothing but Alex Joneses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post

Maybe he's remembering the cover from 2000AD, way back in the 70s? There was a series there about the Russians invading the UK, and the last battle the UK army fought was at Stonehenge. Trying to remember what it was called....Invasion maybe? I know it was set in 1999.

Sounds insane, but nothing this guy is coming out with makes any sense anyway.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Damn, I didn't know Russia had its own version of Alex Jones.
    Their state TV anchors are nothing but. Heck even before this invasion, they were known for assaulting foreign quests on air... among other things.

Truly a nation of uncivilized orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    No missiles that can reach into russia

Given that russia was very clear about this I'm not surprised.
    But if you get close enough to the border...... Nah Ukraine would never do that, would they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    But if you get close enough to the border...... Nah Ukraine would never do that, would they?
    Yeah...that's why the line is a BIT fuzzy. I mean at face value a kid's slingshot would cross the line, the US is apparently going to provide MLRS's after all, just no long range missiles, max range will be 70km/44mi, which means that they can't be deployed anywhere where they would be both useful to shoot the invaders AND to hit russia.

Yeah...that's why the line is a BIT fuzzy. I mean at face value a kid's slingshot would cross the line, the US is apparently going to provide MLRS's after all, just no long range missiles, max range will be 70km/44mi, which means that they can't be deployed anywhere where they would be both useful to shoot the invaders AND to hit russia.
    I'm not exactly sure why should Russia be safe from the war of terror it started on a neighbor? So what if say, Moscow gets some of what it dishes out? Could make them rethink the worth of their terrorist campaign, if they weren't safe and sound from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Interesting and still no surprise what a far-right conspiracy hell hole this forum is.

And no: I don't care to get banned for that, that's typical for fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Their state TV anchors are nothing but. Heck even before this invasion, they were known for assaulting foreign quests on air... among other things.

Truly a nation of uncivilized orcs.
    Speaking of, on the Bitch's show, a Russian politician suggested they should abduct a NATO defence minister, take them back to Moscow and 'question' them about NATO's involvement.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-06-01 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why should Russia be safe from the war of terror it started on a neighbor? So what if say, Moscow gets some of what it dishes out? Could make them rethink the worth of their terrorist campaign, if they weren't safe and sound from it.
    Multiple reasons:
    1: We don't want russia to start claiming their continued existence is under attack.
    2: As long as Ukraine is defending all's good, if they go on conquest that won't be necessarily perceived as a good thing.
    3: Bombarding, say, Moscow will galvanise the population and nip any rebellious thoughts in the bud.

While I can't say that 'give russia a taste of it's own medicine' won't feel good the fact of the matter is that there is a non-zero percent chance of a very undesirable escalation from the russian side. Is it blackmail? Yes, but that does not change the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Speaking of, on the Bitch's show, a Russian politician suggested they should abduct a NATO defence minister, take them back to Moscow and 'question' them about NATO's involvement.
    Do you want WWIII? Because that's a good way to get on that path... Seriously though if these lawmakers go any further putin will start looking downright reasonable.

Multiple reasons:
    1: We don't want russia to start claiming their continued existence is under attack.
    2: As long as Ukraine is defending all's good, if they go on conquest that won't be necessarily perceived as a good thing.
    3: Bombarding, say, Moscow will galvanise the population and nip any rebellious thoughts in the bud.

While I can't say that 'give russia a taste of it's own medicine' won't feel good the fact of the matter is that there is a non-zero percent chance of a very undesirable escalation from the russian side. Is it blackmail? Yes, but that does not change the facts.
    1. It's not. Don't give a flying f about ruski feefees. War ends immediately when they fuck out of Ukraine. They know that.

2. Retaliation has nothing to do with conquest, don't be silly dear.

3. Possible, but that puts the wealthy in Russia in danger of dying rather than just the poor rabble. Are they willing to keep chancing it? I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Are those people actually mentally insane for real?

It's hard to overstate just how massive of an escalation kidnapping cabinet members of other governments would be.

In such totalitarian scheme it doesn't shock me the slightest that some rank-and-file politicians lash out such ridiculous comments and/or suggestions. They need to appear good lapdogs for the actual brass, so guess that's the way to please masters, or so many seem to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Are those people actually mentally insane for real?

It's hard to overstate just how massive of an escalation kidnapping cabinet members of other governments would be.
    Bruh, it's a trashtalk show where they invite various deadbeat trash attention whore politicians and experts who just sit there and run their mouth for the amusement of the viewers.

Don't take anything there seriously, because even Russians themselves don't. Nobody who visits these shows is anywhere close to being a decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel105 View Post
    Interesting and still no surprise what a far-right conspiracy hell hole this forum is.

Which country invaded which one illegally while committing mass genocide proved by facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel105 View Post

Aww, the little ruzzki got its feelings hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Aww, the little ruzzki got its feelings hurt.
    RIP feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Japan can invite them to a Tsushima Straight celebration instead.

Assuming any Russian ships actually make it there that time.