Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    It is not a Dark Ranger unless you log in > create new character > pick a race > and then select dark ranger class. RPing a Warrior as a Barbarian doesn't actually make it a Barbarian. Just a warrior in rags.
    Talk about being dense
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

It is not a Dark Ranger unless you log in > create new character > pick a race > and then select dark ranger class. RPing a Warrior as a Barbarian doesn't actually make it a Barbarian. Just a warrior in rags.
    It's not RP if you go through a specific quest which literally grants you the customizations of said class, as we have with Dark Rangers here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-01 at 04:47 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So there is still a distinction between Undead Elf and Darkfallen?

And these customizations are only Undead Elf then?
    Ya dark fallen are only none rotting undead, things like dark rangers the vampires and presumably DK’s. Arthas made a separate spell to keep them fresh and said spell isn’t applied to all undead elfs some just rot like the normal humans.

As far as the customization goes I have no idea if they are suppose to mean that night elfs are also dark fallen and won’t rot or what. shadows rising kinda implies it I guess with both Sira and Nathanos being notably sent less unlike other undead but that raises the question as to why the other BFA undead aren’t like Nathanos.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-01 at 04:47 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya dark fallen are only none rotting undead, things like dark rangers the vampires and presumably DK’s. Arthas made a separate spell to keep them fresh and said spell isn’t applied to all undead elfs some just rot like the normal humans.

As far as the customization goes I have no idea if they are suppose to mean that night elfs are also dark fallen and won’t rot or what shadows rising kinda implies it I guess with both Sira and Nathanos being notably sent less unlike other undead but that raises the question as to why the other BFA undead like Nathanos.
    Ahh, I got you. You're talking about rotting Undead Elf. Yeah, maybe I was too general about my explanation, since I wasn't even thinking about that. I was referring to the non-rotting kind that have only ever appeared in the story we know so far.

WoWpedia seems to lump Delaryn in as a Darkfallen. I haven't seen any direct connection for the name, so I'm waiting on Blizzard themselves to clarify the ambiguity.

I do find it odd that they literally call it 'Dark Ranger' Elf customization' when they should have called it 'Darkfallen' Elf customization instead.

It's not RP if you go through a specific quest which literally grants you the customizations of said class, as we have with Dark Rangers here.
    Dark Ranger isn't granted. The title from the quest chain is "of Lorderon".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, I got you. You're talking about rotting Undead Elf. Yeah, maybe I was too general about my explanation, since I wasn't even thinking about that. I was referring to the non-rotting kind that have only ever appeared in the story we know so far.

WoWpedia seems to lump Delaryn in as a Darkfallen. I haven't seen any direct connection for the name, so I'm waiting on Blizzard themselves to clarify the ambiguity.

I do find it odd that they literally call it 'Dark Ranger' Elf customization' when they should have called it 'Darkfallen' Elf customization instead.
    Ya the dark fallen classification is a bit vague at the moment as we really only have the sylvanas book to go off of for official groupings.

Like Nathanos is presumably a dark fallen now because sylvanas went out of her way to make him like her, so is Sira as well because they share some characteristics? Are all DK’s dark fallen now or is it just a name for elfs? And so on.

There is alot of ambiguity floating around dark fallen with all we know for sure being that it applies to some undead elfs who don’t rot like sylvanas.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

why dont forsaken or nightborne get this?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    There.

Now would Blizzard finally make some kind of Tinker skin like this for Goblins and Gnomes to shut those people up?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And so is the Dark Ranger customization.

Nothing was said about titles in their post.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Literally says "Dark Ranger" customizations. Not Darkfallen, not Undead Elf. Dark Ranger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    There.

Now would Blizzard finally make some kind of Tinker skin like this for Goblins and Gnomes to shut those people up?
    To be honest... I'd just like the customization options available. The backpack would be enough for me to *consider* rolling a Gnome for, if it was a racial customization option or an elaborate 'Heritage Armor' transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Ranger isn't a class either. I think it makes sense in that nobody was actually checking what class those night elves were when we were killing them & raising them to undeath. IE: Sira the Dark Warden.
    I think they also wanted the option to add Dark Ranger as a class at some point in the future. If they added Darkfallen as an Allied Race, making a new class only be able to be an allied race wouldn't have been very practical.

Though what seems like a missed opportunity is those Venthyr hairstyles should have been included in the Dark Ranger customization just because how else will we ever get them?
    then they should have been called "darkfallen". dark rangers are a very horde-specific thing and they've always been shown to use bows and daggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    "Requirements
    .Be a Blood Elf
    .Exalted with Silvermoon
    .Level 60
    "

But, okay.. Whatever you say, Chief.
    That is the Blood Elf Heritage part 2. Different quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Literally called "Dark Ranger customization."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Just datamined, it's an elf customization.

NEW Return to Lordaeron Complete the Return to Lordaeron storyline.
    Reward: 'Of Lordaeron' Title, 'Dark Ranger' Elf Customization
    NEW Return to Lordaeron (Hidden Character Achievement) Complete the Return to Lordaeron storyline.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dark-ra...rdaeron-327215
    I don't wanna be that guy... but.. about people wanting Darkfallen... I told you so.. Can't always trust the leaks.

At least they added so there is a multiple option of being a Dark Ranger, you just need to unlock the set on a hunter.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't wanna be that guy... but.. about people wanting Darkfallen... I told you so.. Can't always trust the leaks.

At least they added so there is a multiple option of being a Dark Ranger, you just need to unlock the set on a hunter.
    There have already been couple of people coming out of the woodwork to say told you so, but it was already slowly getting debunked were multiple things such as the music and slimesaber were all for other things, fated raid reward etc couple weeks ago. It was already pretty unlikely it was going to be an allied race. The hope was settled on a costumization option, which frankly happened, I am still surprised this even is a thing still.

Sure I would be pro darkfallen as I like the san'layn, bit ye like you said i also think they are out in general. Sadface, but expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There have already been couple of people coming out of the woodwork to say told you so, but it was already slowly getting debunked were multiple things such as the music and slimesaber were all for other things, fated raid reward etc couple weeks ago. It was already pretty unlikely it was going to be an allied race. The hope was settled on a costumization option, which frankly happened, I am still surprised this even is a thing still.

Sure I would be pro darkfallen as I like the san'layn, bit ye like you said i also think they are out in general. Sadface, but expected.
    Well, they didn't remove the chance of being an undead elf, though? So, a little smile for some people, but making a whole allied race for another elf race which is meant to be a mix of different kinds of elves, makes things more problematic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Considering they can be other classes I wouldn't call it Dark Rangers.
    Either way, a disappointment if this is their "we give you Dark Rangers" move. Not a customisation kind of person, even though I don't think it's bad in general, but if it's to reduce the work of implementing what people wanted from Dark Rangers, yeah... sloppy.

But dunno if that's the case or not, I don't think this removes the possibility for Dark Rangers, but considering how Blizzard tends to be bad at creating content at a consistent pace and often just half-ass stuff I don't have much hope.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-06-01 at 08:11 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Yes, the famous dark rangers.
    They seem to have all abandoned their class, and chosen other classes, after getting their arse handed to them back in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    So, how will it even work?
    Night elf dark rangers keep their nature loving racials despite being dead? Can they be druids? They're alliance characters still, not affiliated with the forsaken? I'm confused
    Oh god what we will we do!!

We've only had this "issue" from Wotlk....

Edit:

While I'd of like a new class or a class skin. This is cool happy it's being added.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-06-01 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Oh god what we will we do!!

We've only had this "issue" from Wotlk....

Edit:

While I'd of like a new class or a class skin. This is cool happy it's being added.
    Eh ??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    dead elf who wants to rise up and fight again like Lorash?

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey Thassarian, how did you go back to the Alliance despite being dead? we'd like to learn how"
    But death knights are explained in lore and are a specific group of characters, that have a story and context within the alliance. A starting zone, etc. They weren't made available without any explanation lol