Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Turned themselves into yet another tree, funniest shit I've ever seen.

Enough of these fucking trees, they have a 100% failure rate and even Teldrassil was an unspeakable bete noir which only got any sort of emotional weight when the Horde torched it and then became a black hole of undeserved pathos for half a decade by this point. The only good tree was Nordrassil and it too was destroyed in its first appearance. The entire premise of the WC3 campaign was to let go of their singular dumb tree and this point has been missed for their entire WoW existence. Yet every expansion introduces a new failed tree and the night elves spending an inordinate amount of their time dealing with it.

The idea of the Night Elf spirits going back and contributing to their people instead of being fine to frolic in the woods is a good call, but given they're playing with the wisp angle of spirits forming new life with this anyway, having them be wisps proper would be more direct and interesting and allow the night elves to carry on instead of jogging in place. Besides, we all know that the reason this tree isn't immediately planted and grown is because we'll have Tyrande go around in Explosion of Dragons collecting gym badges from the dragons to empower her new and improved tree.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-06-01 at 05:58 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

Enough of these fucking trees, they have a 100% failure rate and even Teldrassil was an unspeakable bete noir which only got any sort of emotional weight when the Horde torched it and then became a black hole of undeserved pathos for half a decade by this point. The only good tree was Nordrassil and it too was destroyed in its first appearance. The entire premise of the WC3 campaign was to let go of their singular dumb tree and this point has been missed for their entire WoW existence. Yet every expansion introduces a new failed tree and the night elves spending an inordinate amount of their time dealing with it.

The idea of the Night Elf spirits going back and contributing to their people instead of being fine to frolic in the woods is a good call, but given they're playing with the wisp angle of spirits forming new life with this anyway, having them be wisps proper would be more direct and interesting and allow the night elves to carry on instead of jogging in place. Besides, we all know that the reason this tree isn't immediately planted and grown is because we'll have Tyrande go around in Explosion of Dragons collecting gym badges from the dragons to empower her new and improved tree.
    They didnt even returned Delaryn back, while lorewise forsaken can (and do) return to their people now without hindrance. She is in Lordaeron now, you know, instead of actual Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    They didnt even returned Delaryn back, while lorewise forsaken can (and do) return to their people now without hindrance. She is in Lordaeron now, you know, instead of actual Dark Rangers.
    You're in luck that we're keeping all the BFA leavings with us. Calia can keep the undead night elves and Derek in a basement and we can collectively agree to never speak of them all again while we help Tyrande collect 8 dragon droppings so Alex can bless world tree 5.0 or whatever this is at this stage.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

You're in luck that we're keeping all the BFA leavings with us. Calia can keep the undead night elves and Derek in a basement and we can collectively agree to never speak of them all again while we help Tyrande collect 8 dragon droppings so Alex can bless world tree 5.0 or whatever this is at this stage.
    Also growing tree on Dragon Isles is complete bullshit. Leaving Kalimdor for Dragon Isles... Yeah, only if they move Forsaken to Northrend and make Lordaeron into human capital.

5+ Year Old Account
    So night elfs didn't learned anything from their past mistakes ... and still want to live on flammable tree.. just like that pig from kid story.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-06-01 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Removed image
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Also growing tree on Dragon Isles is complete bullshit. Leaving Kalimdor for Dragon Isles... Yeah, only if they move Forsaken to Northrend and make Lordaeron into human capital.
    They won't plant it in the Dragon Isles most probably, but it's pretty obvious by how it's a seed and how open it is a callback and how Tyrande is a main character in the expansion about dragons that she'll be getting them to re-bless it. This whole thing is a narrative cul de sac.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    So night elfs didn't learned anything from their past mistakes ... and still want to live on flammable tree.. just like that pig from kid story.

Alternatively Blizz remembered that massive green trees are not easy to burn.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-06-01 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    You literally don’t have any DF knowledge yet. In DF we might take the seed to her and then reclaim a place in Ashenvale or the ruined land around Darkshore. Healing it and having that become the new capital or even Hyjal.

Be calm and don’t go all uppity with your own head cannon when they are clearly building it out and making it something that will be concluded later with a whole new city in the end
    You completely missed the point. The huge issue here is the night elf souls that are being destroyed for whatever the seed does

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    You completely missed the point. The huge issue here is the night elf souls that are being destroyed for whatever the seed does
    They were dead. This changes nothing. Other option was to have them hang out as squirrels in Ardenweald which would have meant nothing to the living.

I like it. Though I do hope there's going to be done something interesting with this seed before the game dies. Pay-offs that have to span several expansions are a tad cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They were dead. This changes nothing. Other option was to have them hang out as squirrels in Ardenweald which would have meant nothing to the living.
    They were eternal, and could lead their existence there. Now they are dead, literally becoming fodder. Ardenweald could have become the paradise the living all strive to reach in the end. Now these souls get to be an overgrown bonsai tree, which will once again be blessed by the dragons in the next xpack

So is anyone here going to point out that the Legion's whole modus operandi was using souls as fuel, obliterating them in the process?

Weird how the so-called "good guys" have no problem doing what Sargeras the big bad one was doing for 1000000000 years.

reminds me of that meme

horde: gets questline to restore their city
    alliance: *helps horde with restoration quest*
    alliance: but what about us?
    blizzard to alliance: i give you one seed to F off
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    reminds me of that meme

horde: gets questline to restore their city
    alliance: *helps horde with restoration quest*
    alliance: but what about us?
    blizzard to alliance: i give you one seed to F off
    Alliance is Blizzard’s red haired kid who has to eat leftovers after the family meal while locked in his room that was a broom closet before.

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    Explain what the souls purpose was for? They offered their anima to help their people. If it was horrible they were murdered but they were saved and have decided to offer themselves to save the future of their race

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    You literally don’t have any DF knowledge yet. In DF we might take the seed to her and then reclaim a place in Ashenvale or the ruined land around Darkshore. Healing it and having that become the new capital or even Hyjal.

Be calm and don’t go all uppity with your own head cannon when they are clearly building it out and making it something that will be concluded later with a whole new city in the end
    Dude, we are waiting for 4 years now and all wet get us humiliation after humiliation, inside the story itself and outside the game as second grade customers (bit melodramatic, I know)

My theory is that they somehow forgot how to build/maintain stone buildings and are just a really incompetent and stupid race in general. I think this is supported by plenty of lore at this point.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    If I had anything to say about it, i'd strengthen and enhance the original world tree, Nordrassil, which was the home of the Night Elves for the longest time after the Sundering. Revamp the Hyjal Zone and build the new capital there. Also do something with Felwood.
    And then let Dryads and Keeper of the Growth spawn as a new race with the old night elf souls reincarnating that way. With two legs for battle, able to shift into their four legged form as a mount option.
    Now that sounds like a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving Kalimdor for Dragon Isles... Yeah, only if they move Forsaken to Northrend and make Lordaeron into human capital.
    Other good ideas.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    If I had anything to say about it, i'd strengthen and enhance the original world tree, Nordrassil, which was the home of the Night Elves for the longest time after the Sundering. Revamp the Hyjal Zone and build the new capital there. Also do something with Felwood.

And then let Dryads and Keeper of the Growth spawn as a new race with the old night elf souls reincarnating that way. With two legs for battle, able to shift into their four legged form as a mount option.
    The problem with Hyjal is last time I looked, there were a LOT of fire elementals bimbling around as well as a firey lake at the bottom. Not too sure that would go down too well with the survivors of Teldrassil.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Only a fraction of the lost souls sacrificed themselves to become the seed, those most selfless and wanting to help their living kin. Sylvanas wouldn't have been able to rescue all of them so quickly, it's gonna take time for the rest to come around. All the rest will likely spend eternity in Ardenweald's forests, just like the Winter Queen said.