Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Darkfallen is just a term for undead elves now. And a player character is allowed to be something unique like a Darkfallen druid if they want to. Have you ever played DnD or any other rpg? Rules are just a framework.

- - - Updated - - -
    .. right so,

Again, we are talking darkfallen which is mentioned in the book and we know what classes they portray, including san'layn. Sure ofc you cAn rp as one now.. i see that, but thats not the point.

Talking about red eyes pale skin a very specific dark ranger/darkfallen thing. Druid and pala stills feels off, as they were never a thing, but it is now appearntly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Canonically it makes sense for the night elves to just return to the Alliance and do attempt to go back to whatever they were doing before they got raised, as explained by Dark Ranger Velonara. The same explanation could also be expanded towards the Darkfallen (Blood Elves). I don't seen an issue with that current explanation.

Yup, this is pretty much my interpretation too.
    I am talking paladin and druid. Which are two classes we never seen with those features. It is a thing now.. appearntly, which is pretty big.

We know for a while now that Darkfallen are undead elves, its a suprise for me that includes paladins.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-01 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I am talking paladin and druid. Which are two classes we never seen with those features. It is a thing now.. appearntly, which is pretty big.

We know for a while now that Darkfallen are undead elves, its a suprise for me that includes paladins.
    This might be one of those cases where what applies to player races/classes isn't neccesarily what's been portrayed in the story before. Time will tell if this is just something they had to deal with to give elves as a whole access to the skin or if this is something they canonically want to give a basis in lore.

What? It turned out exactly as we predicted - darkfallen customizations for elves.
    Not exactly, 3 cutscenes and a quest line is pretty much in line with (realistic) expectations based on what we saw.
    Eh? I saw most people hoping for much more, allied races and preorder stuff. But sure, if some one had low expectations then i guess encryption was okay.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone done Belf storyline? Do you unlock transmog for Belf paladin when you complete it on other char?

Ok but where are my preorders?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This might be one of those cases where what applies to player races/classes isn't neccesarily what's been portrayed in the story before. Time will tell if this is just something they had to deal with to give elves as a whole access to the skin or if this is something they canonically want to give a basis in lore.
    Does this effectively mean we have undead paladins now?
    I have seen multiple people with the same question, knowing that the red eyes specifally with elves means dark rangers and san'layn. Just suprised about this takr by blizz, but I doubt we get more info regarding this tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Eh? I saw most people hoping for much more, allied races and preorder stuff. But sure, if some one had low expectations then i guess encryption was okay.
    The preorder stuff is still encrypted for whenever preorders go live. As for the allied race one, having high expectations like a fully encrypted allied race doesn't make it a realistic one. That's, once again, on the community for hyping themselves up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Does this effectively mean we have undead paladins now?
    I have seen multiple people with the same question, knowing that the red eyes specifally with elves means dark rangers and san'layn. Just suprised about this takr by blizz, but I doubt we get more info regarding this tbh.
    I know everyone hates this answer, but that is up to your interpretation until Blizzard clarifies it, if they ever do. Again, things like this affecting only player races isn't neccesarily something that's canonical to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Ok but where are my preorders?
    If they were waiting for 9.2.5 to go live, that'll be tonight (~5 hours from now) but that is a huge "if". If they want to wait until 9.2.5 is live in all regions, they won't be available until tomorrow. But again, that's basing it on them waiting on 9.2.5 which is a giant asspull.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-06-01 at 11:37 AM.

Also, interesting to mention it… Velonara talks about the Night Elves that want to go back to the Alliance… what about the ones that stay? Shouldn’t they be playable as Horde? Now that the Void Elves can be darkfallen too, I don’t see why the Horde can’t get darkfallen Night Elves!

The preorder stuff is still encrypted for whenever preorders go live. As for the allied race one, having high expectations like a fully encrypted allied race doesn't make it a realistic one. That's, once again, on the community for hyping themselves up too much.
    Oh I agree completely. But wow's community is well known for hyping itself up with unknown and often unreasonable stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Also, interesting to mention it… Velonara talks about the Night Elves that want to go back to the Alliance… what about the ones that stay? Shouldn’t they be playable as Horde? Now that the Void Elves can be darkfallen too, I don’t see why the Horde can’t get darkfallen Night Elves!
    With crossfaction play you can just do that though? Again, the beauty of roleplaying is that you don't have to be constrained by ingame "rules".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins and Lightforged should have them already I think - not so sure about Worgens tbh.
    Worgen and Goblins have had all Monk animations since Mop to avoid issues with transformation toys.

Only reason they can't be Monks is still that their starting zones are timelocked and didn't have Pandaren to teach them.

- - - Updated - - -

Allied Races were always overdose on copium distilled hopium. They were never going to happen.

Pre order bonuses are in. It is just that they are still encrypted as the pre sales haven't begun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Worgen and Goblins have had all Monk animations since Mop to avoid issues with transformation toys.

Only reason they can't be Monks is still that their starting zones are timelocked and didn't have Pandaren to teach them.
    They can easily fix that with either a retcon or having them start in exiles reach though. And Lightforged don't have that excuse anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Because there isn't Horde Aligned Night Elf player race.

Just like Alliance High Elves were unplayable from Vanilla untill Shadowlands, Horde Night Elves will be NPCs only.

With crossfaction play you can just do that though? Again, the beauty of roleplaying is that you don't have to be constrained by ingame "rules".
    I can’t visit Orgimmar though… and for the record, yes, I roleplay. Hope they make it more flexible for DF.

I also missed not seeing Delaryn during the new quests.
    Last edited by Lorca; 2022-06-01 at 01:49 PM.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So can we cross-faction mail our own characters now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    yes.

/10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    Yep, you can do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Josh Keatons voice acting in the Anduvanas cutscene was top notch.

Formerly known as Arafal

So all that big encrypted stuff turned out to be a fluke and wishfull thinking?
    I mean what were people realistically expecting? 99% a problem of expecting way too much when Blizzard has given us very little in the last years.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    So all that big encrypted stuff turned out to be a fluke and wishfull thinking?
    No?
    It turned out to be exactly what everyone thought it would be.

Formerly known as Arafal