Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[SPOILERS] What stops forsaken paladins from being a thing now?

So with Calia Menethil officially becoming the new leader of the forsaken and Lilian appearing to be looking like a light infused undead, what is now stopping us from having lightbound undead as a customization option and Paladin becoming an option for this race?
    It is a heavily requested race/class combo and there are already undead pallys in the lore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay wise , yes it doesn’t make sense, we have plenty of holy undead priests running around.
    Lorewise is still iffy, most of the holy undead Pallies are/were constantly in pain, and calia only got that way through direct intervention.
    But then again they did give the people undead bloodelfs, it’s most likely a matter of time before light infused undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    So with Calia Menethil officially becoming the new leader of the forsaken and Lilian appearing to be looking like a light infused undead, what is now stopping us from having lightbound undead as a customization option and Paladin becoming an option for this race?
    It is a heavily requested race/class combo and there are already undead pallys in the lore.
    Nothing. Blizzard has said all races all classes is the goal. Classes that have no racial customization were apparently first. Paladins have racial mounts so they will probably happen much later on (Druids are probably last, Demon Hunters, Shaman and Paladin also late in roughly that order. Everything else doesn't have much racial customization anyway or is already available to all so could all come in a second batch).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nothing. Blizzard has said all races all classes is the goal. Classes that have no racial customization were apparently first. Paladins have racial mounts so they will probably happen much later on (Druids are probably last, Demon Hunters, Shaman and Paladin also late in roughly that order. Everything else doesn't have much racial customization anyway or is already available to all so could all come in a second batch).
    Yeah I know and this sounds good and all. But I thought since these classes require quite a bit more effort on a racial aspect with different totems, mounts etc that they would probably not be rolled out in batches like Mages, priests and rogues but rather one by one. And now that Calia has been appinted leader its nice to get Forsaken pallies out of the list.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately from the looks they intend for it eventually. But at this point their Lore is butchered anyway so who the fuck cares I guess.

3+ Year Old Account
    I surely hope not.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Gameplay wise , yes it doesn’t make sense, we have plenty of holy undead priests running around.
    Lorewise is still iffy, most of the holy undead Pallies are/were constantly in pain, and calia only got that way through direct intervention.
    But then again they did give the people undead bloodelfs, it’s most likely a matter of time before light infused undead.
    They gave the people undead elves* Its not only blood elves that get the dark ranger customization. Void, night, and blood elves can all use the customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Unfortunately from the looks they intend for it eventually. But at this point their Lore is butchered anyway so who the fuck cares I guess.
    Of all the things they ve changed with the lore though, forsaken paladins is a thing that I do not understand why people get so hung up about. Its not that they dont have any affinity to the light. They do and it just hurts them to use it. There are NPCs (both priests and palas) that do use the holy light as forsaken despite the pain it causes them. The player character is a singular entity so what stops a singular entity from going against the norm and doing the very same thing? I do not think Forsaken paladins is a butchering of the lore.

Homogenization is the way.
    Next, getting rid of those pesky racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The need to creat custom Paladin Mounts for Forsaken. I would assume its the same reason why we haven't seen Night Elf Paladins despite the Paladin Class Order Hall having two of those as champions. Blizzard can't even be bothered to update the Human and Blood elf Mount after all...

Forsaken Paladins have existed almost as long as WoW has. Sir Zeliek was one of the Four Horsemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Forsaken Paladins have existed almost as long as WoW has. Sir Zeliek was one of the Four Horsemen.
    and was being controlled.
    Sir Zeliek has always been a stupid example for this case. his body was being controlled and he was in pain constantly.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Culture.

They can totally happen but without an accompanying quest line showing the creation of the Undead Paladin Order, it would be bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Homogenization is the way.
    Next, getting rid of those pesky racials.
    Comments like this make me think that you have never played another modern MMORPG. WoW is the only game (that I know of, I'm sure there are others) still hanging on to the whole "certain classes for certain races." It's time to move on from this, let players play what they want and have fun.

Tauren rogues, so why not undead paladins.

My sheer mental annoyance at seeing a lore I used to be invested be utterly butchered by nonsensical new age writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Tauren rogues, so why not undead paladins.
    Tauren rogues don't suffer constant agony whenever they stealth or use any of their abilities. Also we've had tauren rogues, and other hoofed species being rogues, since before WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    My sheer mental annoyance at seeing a lore I used to be invested be utterly butchered by nonsensical new age writers.
    Every time someone uses this line I note they never actually give any examples. They just wave their hands, go look around and you'll see it, and expect the people they're trying to convince to look up the evidence for them. Also on an entirely subjective subject so even the word evidence has to be used lightly.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

i have always said, undead should be any race and class... they were once whatever they were, might as well be able to do it as undead now. If we want to go true, they cant be any healer at least in my mind and zero magic as i just believe for magic to be conjured life needs to be present. I could just be thinking to hard.

Lore wise it makes sense, with a deep enough connection to the light any being can wield it. We have seen many undead wield the light. Monks, Priests, Zealots and Paladin are all within undead ranks in different areas of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Lore wise it makes sense, with a deep enough connection to the light any being can wield it. We have seen many undead wield the light. Monks, Priests, Zealots and Paladin are all within undead ranks in different areas of the game.
    This is also what I ve been thinking...