Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, how the hell did that hole/passageway actualy work, cause how did the woman and reva did not meet? did she just guessed exactly where the passaegay lead to, just like she guessed exactly the house that had the passegay? is it another "force" thing?

Why Vader did not shush away the fire with force? not want it? i guess it makes sense, but lol

Guess the only thing consistency with the force is being inconsistent

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was fucking boring with vader, one-dimensional character, sure he has interesting backstory, n what he does in ep4-6 matters, but now? Goes around mouthbreathing n makes one-liners, I think everyone expected him to reply with "i am what u made me" who didn't?

Reva, continues to dissapoint, like a little brat who wants to impress daddy...
    He just told her how little he cares about the grand inquisitor n then she gets excited about title like just another soldier..

The grand inquisitor was the only bad guy that was interesting, even though the look is wrong, his speech at the saloon, I just wanna see more of him to see what he says next...
    We are really missing out, him interacting with kenobi, but no! We have have to get everyones fav mouthbreather n everything is sooo damn dark, does lucasfilm think everyone got an Oled tv??

Wtf is up with him randomly murdering civilians? That is so over the top comicbook evil...
    If ep.5 vader had seen kenobi vader doing that, ep.5 vader would have force choked that bitch.. That was kylo ren level of braindead evil...

this kenobi-vader is supposed to be vader during his prime, yet he is like an angry teen anakin...

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I think we will get a lot more back story to Reva that will explain her motivation and behavior. My guess is that she was one of the younglings from the beginning of episode 2 and that somehow she blames Kenobi for what happened. She also probably met up with Anakin (before the vader suit) during that time. Either he trained and is using her for his revenge against Kenobi. Or their mutual hatred is what brought them together.
    Nah, he would have killed her on the spot (vader n 501st showed no mercy, even to younglings in temple, why would they make exception for her?), i think she escaped, lost her way n gradually turned to the dark side, eventually got scooped up into the inquisitor program, years later.

Meh, we don't really need to know, this show is called kenobi, not Book of Reva...save her sobstory for the comics, or some book...

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    and of course I want to know how she of all people knows who Vader really is because at that moment I actually thought, "WTF. How does she know that?"
    Vader was in the jedi temple with his famous face exposed for everyone to see.
    He was palpatine's main underling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I could be wrong but doesn’t Maul use Ezra for a force vision to find Obiwan? I don’t think he did and proper tracking to find him.
    I think they used a sith holocron thingy?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-01 at 03:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was immediately wrong but a fun episode. Definitely one I will rewatch.

Edit: immediately see that some people don't understand why Vader didn't immediately kill Obi. Because Vader is a tormented, vindictive, and dramatic soul. He wants Obi to feel his pain before Obi he kills Obi, if he even plans to let him die (in that moment, we know what happens later). There's really not much too than that.
    It was an interesting Episode, it gives us a bit more into Reva's motivations, but there is still pieces missing I feel.

And Vader is Vader, no surprise there. You are talking about a character that flew his tie with his cape blowing in non-existent wind using the Force for an entrance in Rebels. Also, a Vader that turned off the lights in his suits for his hallway massacre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I could be wrong but doesn’t Maul use Ezra for a force vision to find Obiwan? I don’t think he did and proper tracking to find him.
    He and Ezra use Kanan's Jedi Holocron and the Sith Holocron from Malachor to get a vision.
    Later Maul uses Ezra to help track down Obi-wan.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I love that people are complaining about Reva being whiny, brash, volatile and lacking sound judgment.

Sounds a lot like a young Anakin Skywalker or Luke Skywalker. Or a young Kylo Ren. But oh well. Let's all complain about Reva.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Ok, how the hell did that hole/passageway actualy work, cause how did the woman and reva did not meet? did she just guessed exactly where the passaegay lead to, just like she guessed exactly the house that had the passegay? is it another "force" thing?

Why Vader did not shush away the fire with force? not want it? i guess it makes sense, but lol

Guess the only thing consistency with the force is being inconsistent
    A force user can detect another force user:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_Track
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I love that people are complaining about Reva being whiny, brash, volatile and lacking sound judgment.

Sounds a lot like a young Anakin Skywalker or Luke Skywalker. Or a young Kylo Ren. But oh well. Let's all complain about Reva.
    Well I'm not complaining about that. The cardboard acting is what puts me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Well I'm not complaining about that. The cardboard acting is what puts me off.
    She's been absolutely fine. Is the character boring? Sure. Is that the actor's fault? No.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In this episode I had to pinch myself because for a second there I thought Reva was Michael Burnham
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

She's been absolutely fine. Is the character boring? Sure. Is that the actor's fault? No.
    Tends to be true for most content in the past few years...... the actors aren't generally the problem, the writing is.

If the script sucks, even amazing actors can't make it interesting. It has happened over and over.....

Sadly a few properties have the horrible script and then cast mediocre to piss poor actors...... and you get the Wheel of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Tends to be true for most content in the past few years...... the actors aren't generally the problem, the writing is.

If the script sucks, even amazing actors can't make it interesting. It has happened over and over.....

Sadly a few properties have the horrible script and then cast mediocre to piss poor actors...... and you get the Wheel of Time.
    Agreed. What's sad is there are some folk on here who are repeatedly uber right wing about stuff, and try to pretend like they're not.

It's like...just be honest and say they have an issue with the person's skin colour. At least it's open and clear then.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2022-06-01 at 03:16 PM.

Agreed. What's sad is there are some folk on here who are repeatedly uber right wing about stuff, and try to pretend like they're not.

It's like...just be honest and say they have an issue with the person's skin colour. At least it's open and clear then.
    This stuff is just used as a cop-out/shield by corporations for bad work, though. Disney is happy because now they get to blame racists instead of the writing.

No one will complain about Mel or her mom in Arcane, because they are excellent characters with great writing and performances. That whole show is actually an incredible example of how almost everything else is lazy tokenism and that people should demand better, imo.

Main issue characters are going to face in SW stuff is when they are completely new characters squaring off against venerable ones. The Mandalorian got to avoid this because most of the characters were new, but when it's old vs new people are going to be touchy and annoyed when it feels like the new one is stealing the show.

In the age of IP mining, this is happening everywhere.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    This stuff is just used as a cop-out/shield by corporations for bad work, though. Disney is happy because now they get to blame racists instead of the writing.

No one will complain about Mel or her mom in Arcane, because they are excellent characters with great writing and performances. That whole show is actually an incredible example of how almost everything else is lazy tokenism and that people should demand better, imo.

Main issue characters are going to face in SW stuff is when they are completely new characters squaring off against venerable ones. The Mandalorian got to avoid this because most of the characters were new, but when it's old vs new people are going to be touchy and annoyed when it feels like the new one is stealing the show.

In the age of IP mining, this is happening everywhere.
    Err…no. The actress has received racist abuse, which is appalling and can’t be taken as normal. The fact that you even tried to pursue the rationale you did, is disgusting.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Err…no. The actress has received racist abuse, which is appalling and can’t be taken as normal. The fact that you even tried to pursue the rationale you did, is disgusting.
    Just because they called it racist abuse doesn't mean it's racist abuse, and even if some racist said something about her - doesn't mean that she's the best actress evah and brilliant. Nor does it mean that anyone else criticizing her is a racist via guilt by association fallacy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Just because they called it racist abuse doesn't mean it's racist abuse, and even if some racist said something about her - doesn't mean that she's the best actress evah and brilliant. Nor does it mean that anyone else criticizing her is a racist via guilt by association fallacy.
    This is why I have you on ignore btw. Because you’re perpetually saying racist shit. ‘Just cos they call it racist abuse, doesn’t mean it is! I don’t think me going after people of colour is racist! How offensive of you to say so!’

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Watched the first two episodes. The first chase with Leia was silly. The second one wasn't so bad, it was prolonged because Obi Wan was plausibly trying to not draw a lot of attention and walk along inconspicuously. Space Tokyo or wherever they were was a really cool place. The actress playing Leia is great, and she reminds me a lot of Matilda/90s Miracle on 34th Street girl. I don't mind the inquisitor girl as much as other people do. She seems like she's driven by some thing that we haven't seen yet that will make her aggression make more sense. I also hope they deal more with Obi Wan's PTSD and survivor's guilt.
    Yep the chase sequences and the way Leia was running was the only thing that bothered me. Also Grand Inquisitors head was a bit, too round...
    -K

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Billy Dee Williams, Carl Weathers, n others have gotten nasty abuse, but you don't see them crying that the internet is mean to them, maybe cuz they focus on being awesome n don't have some shitty role they need to deflect criticism away from by crying racism?

Only issue I’ve had so far was the silly chase scene in episode 1; really enjoying it so far. Hope we get some proper Hayden flashbacks. I thought the Vader scene at the end was sick; a lot better than the interactions we got in a new hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I have you on ignore btw. Because you’re perpetually saying racist shit. ‘Just cos they call it racist abuse, doesn’t mean it is! I don’t think me going after people of colour is racist! How offensive of you to say so!’
    Always take what news tells you with a pinch of salt. Recently there has been controversies from large media outlets stirring titles in certain directions when in fact they aren't (I am not saying whether thats the case here). Well standard news procedure I suppose.
    -K

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Yep the chase sequences and the way Leia was running was the only thing that bothered me. Also Grand Inquisitors head was a bit, too round...
    Which is weird cuz irl he doesn't look like a alien potato..

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The issue is that isn't what they are talking about, this is guilty of the same flawed logic.

Pointing out she is getting undue hatred because of her race does not mean everyone has a problem with her is doing so for racist reasons.

I point out that most hate she gets is because of poor writing of her character (let's face reality, no actor can make most of her lines work well) or because of her race. Both of these reasons are things beyond the control of the actor. She can't cease being black, she can't make badly written dialogue work. This feels very much like the backlash against Kelly Marie Tran had received rather than legitimate criticism of her acting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Always take what news tells you with a pinch of salt. Recently there has been controversies from large media outlets stirring titles in certain directions when in fact they aren't (I am not saying whether thats the case here). Well standard news procedure I suppose.
    Well, with Social Media, it is easier than ever to manipulate the masses. You can literally make crap up that no one is saying and people believe it.

Example: I had to tell my friends that there wasn't an epidemic of kids eating tide pods and the increase literally came after the news broke the story on it and that increase was minor. But, the news said kids were eating tide pods so it must be true. It is also ironic they are part of the "fake news" crowd too.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code