Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I think “Ranger” class in the future is still very possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the addition of these customization options, this transmog, the various undead pet types, and the addition of Dark Ranger abilities to hunter talents and the Sylvanas raid drops, plus Evoker getting mail... basically means it's never going to be a class of its own.

I think they might double down with the new talent trees and put more Dark Ranger flavor into the Marksmanship tree. Maybe some stuff for Rogue too.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    There is no "Dark Ranger" title in 9.2.5. The title is "Of Lordaeron". Why do you think it gives the title "Dark Ranger" ?
    You're right, the title is 'Of Lordaeron'. Missed the comma the first time I read it, which is why I focused on the Dark Ranger Customizations later on.

This is BIG NEWS. Not only did Blood Elfs get those Dark Ranger customization options, but so did Void Elfs and Night Elfs too.

This also means that Dark Rangers will probably never become a race or class on their own, but honestly I prefer it this way more anyways.

Please now let this thread die. You three need to now let it go. This is blizzard meeting you half way and saying “not giving you a class but here is the customisation for exisiting races”

Just stop with the arguing back and forth about it now.

5+ Year Old Account
    What if Surv Hunter goes back to being ranged...
    "We listened to your feedback"
    only this can solve this sudden elfmania.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Please now let this thread die. You three need to now let it go. This is blizzard meeting you half way and saying “not giving you a class but here is the customisation for exisiting races”

Just stop with the arguing back and forth about it now.
    Don't expect Blizz to give much of anything from now on. Dracthyr is half assed class that doesn't even exist in the lore prior to the upcoming expansion. Tinkers will never happen, Blademaster will never happen, Necromancers will never happen. So the fans should take the W when they can. This is a W because I am shocked Blizzard even did this much considering how little care they put in their game these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sure there were. "Bloodsail Admiral" was a title you could get as far back as Vanilla. Titles were available for many different things, and I even got some of them.
    So, that was a hoax:
    You're right, the title is 'Of Lordaeron'. Missed the comma the first time I read it, which is why I focused on the Dark Ranger Customizations later on.
    Honestly, not sure why they didn't split em off as an Allied Race, but I guess they wanted something that includes the Night Elf undead options and a customization made more sense than an actual Allied Race with model toggles; or multiple Allied Races to cover both Blood Elf and Night Elf.

There's many things I don't fully understand or agree with yet. But man, like I have been saying for way too long and for too many times... All signs pointed to customizations.
    There are no toggled allied races. Or multiple allied races to cover the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure there were. "Bloodsail Admiral" was a title you could get as far back as Vanilla.
    Bloodsail Admiral (as a title) was added in WotLK. You could get rep with the Bloodsail Buccaneers but didn't get anything for it other than the clothes and hat.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Why can't I use the dark ranger set even after finishing the quest chain?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Hunter only thing, maybe thats the issue?

Though it is cool, this is a slap in the face to the player base who wanted Dark Ranger, I would have taken a single spec DPS class if they really wanted to be lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This is BIG NEWS. Not only did Blood Elfs get those Dark Ranger customization options, but so did Void Elfs and Night Elfs too.

This also means that Dark Rangers will probably never become a race or class on their own, but honestly I prefer it this way more anyways.
    I and many others would have rather had a class even if a single spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Hunter only thing, maybe thats the issue?
    Nope, I need to buy it somewhere, it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Though it is cool, this is a slap in the face to the player base who wanted Dark Ranger, I would have taken a single spec DPS class if they really wanted to be lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

I and many others would have rather had a class even if a single spec.
    And this year's April Fool's patch notes was a slap in the face to anyone who's ever wanted Tinkers, a class that has far outranked Dark Ranger in popularity polls among the community.

I'm sure you'll get over it too.

And before anyone asks, I do not count myself among people asking for either class.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Character customization is for BE, NE, and VE. The transmog appearance is only for Hunters.

I think its from the hunter class hall.

So Blizzard has been so dumb that ONLY if you do the quest chain with a hunter, you get the Dark Ranger set, instead of unblocking it straight away when you finish the whole questline with any of your characters. The same for the Blood elf paladin set.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    And this year's April Fool's patch notes was a slap in the face to anyone who's ever wanted Tinkers, a class that has far outranked Dark Ranger in popularity polls among the community.

I'm sure you'll get over it too.

And before anyone asks, I do not count myself among people asking for either class.
    They need to bare minimum do a dual class system, it would elevate the need for alts as much. That would make me more happy than any class they could add. Super simple to implement as the code is in the game for it.

I call this the "Kid in the candy store" mentality. You think that if you cry loud and long enough, eventually you'll get your way.

Players have wanted Ogres since WoW release.

Dark Ranger class? No. Just no. There's a hundred reasons to never do this and the best one being that the Ranger class is purely Blood Elf and technically you can already be a ranger, it's just that they are called Hunters but are still Blood Elves. Dark Rangers were those fallen by the scourge and followed Sylvanas. There's really no reason to include such a small niche into the game, especially since Hunter already exists. You can now remove yourself as a Belf from the Ranger class to look like a Dark Ranger. Too little, too late in terms of the flimsy lore but I think any further development of the class into a playable class would not only make Blizzard look very weak, but also make the class even in concept way to homogenous with the Hunter class as it stands.

There's a whole ton of classes that could be added but in the end they really wouldn't bring much to the game. I've long wanted Troll Shaman to be witchdoctors because in no way would you find a Troll Shaman in the original lore, ignoring the many fallacies in current "lore" of course. Necro should evolve from Warlock but again they are way too close to be considered a playable class in World of Warcraft. Shaman should be Orc only, it really should if we were to follow the lore. So there's already many flaws in class/race makeup without adding more to the fairly obvious attempts at the "sharing is caring" marketing systems we see in Warcraft today.

It's bad enough that there are Demon Hunters in the game, which is a massive detraction from the lore. Don't even get me started on Death Knight, which is also very detached from the lore and the fact that when Sylvanas broke the helm of domination she didn't free Ner'zhul makes Blizzard reveal that it has lost it's way.
    Last edited by zysis; 2022-06-01 at 03:35 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oo its in the class order hall

- - - Updated - - -

So Blizzard has been so dumb that ONLY if you do the quest chain with a hunter, you get the Dark Ranger set, instead of unblocking it straight away when you finish the whole questline with any of your characters. The same for the Blood elf paladin set.

/facepalm
    You get an essemble for the paladin one, which is just click on it and you get the full set. Hunter one sounds sounds to me is just some flavor you can buy it in the hunter hall, but ye could have just given it straight to us.