Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Don't forget, that the Mueller investigation also paid for itself too. Thanks to all of the seized money and items from Manafort.
    I'm beginning to think they should have chosen a guy who doesn't look like an off-brand Jamie Hyneman. Maybe clean shaven is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm beginning to think they should have chosen a guy who doesn't look like an off-brand Jamie Hyneman. Maybe clean shaven is the way to go.
    https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...95911557943296

Here is Donald Trump Cokehead Jr, having a mental breakdown after Sussman was found not guilty. Claiming the jury was tainted because it was in DC, again, the lawyers pick the jury, not anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...95911557943296

Here is Donald Trump Cokehead Jr, having a mental breakdown after Sussman was found not guilty. Claiming the jury was tainted because it was in DC, again, the lawyers pick the jury, not anyone else.
    "He literally lied to the FBI."

Says the FBI agent who said he lied. Without any recordings, notes or anything else to back up his word.

I love the hard press on the victimization, "Do you think I'd get away with that?" followed by him remembering that he needs to involve the viewers, "Do you think that you'd get away with that?"

To which the answer is, if the circumstances were the same and Jr or his viewers had a lawyer who actually passed the Bar, yes. The government's case was so week I'm honestly surprised it even went to court.

And then he changes the topic to imply that Sussman working for Hillary was the illegal thing, which it wasn't.

May hornets nest in all these liars small intestines.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hersc...b016c4eef255b7

More hilariously stupid drama. Herschel Walker is pretty mad that Trump is claiming credit for Walker deciding to run for office.

Lol, get mad, loser. You should have expected this, you idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They don't want to be affiliated with terrorist groups they helped increase the ranks, especially after January 6th and their leader pleading guilty to seditious conspiracy because they literally colluded with the Oathkeepers, and the Trump administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were useful idiots. Now they are no longer useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious stuff.
    If I'm seeing this correct, the Proud Boy himself was allowed in, just not his symbol. Team Trump is fine with terrorists and even as noted invited them. They just didn't want the press to know they invited terrorists.

"Why do I have to walk?"

"Because the front doors are in this direction, sir."

Man, I like that officer. She's got zingers for this manchild throwing an adult temper tantrum.

Off-brand Jamie Hyneman is really lame. It's funny, because they clearly intended this to be a Mueller-esque rebuttal to the Mueller investigation/report, but so far Durham's come up completely empty handed.

Republicans really are just bad at this unless they can run their own partisan commission like the Benghazi committee that needed to re-investigate the incident multiple times because Kevin McCarthy accidentally admitted that the whole point of the committee was to harm Hillary Clinton politically.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...million-525985

Special counsel John Durham’s inquiry into the origins of the investigation into ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump presidential campaign spent close to $3.8 million over its first year of operations.

That includes roughly more than $2.3 million between April 1 and Sept. 30. Of that, nearly $1.9 million was directly related to the team’s investigation and approximately $471,000 was spent by other parts of the Justice Department in connection to Durham’s work.

A previous spending report released in May showed the Durham probe had totaled about $1.5 million from Oct. 19 through March 31.
    So not only is Durham "accomplishing" nothing that conservatives want him to, but he's racking up plenty of nice bills in this witch hunt.

Man, Mueller concluded his investigation more quickly AND made money off of it. Durham is seeming like more and more of a loser with every passing day.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...tapes-00035758

GOP is building an "army" to challenge votes and election results this coming election. Should be fun!

Or not. This continues to be exactly what creeping fascism looks like.

Well another time of I don't know where to post this.

Some reason the House Judiciary GOP, Official Twitter for the House Committee on the Judiciary, Republicans posting a Johnny Depp GIF as Jack Sparrow in celebration of him "winning" I guess.

So first please don't discuss the trial and yes might be difficult. My take is we know what type of signal this is supposed to be which is strange. If you scan social media the right is really team Johnny.

https://twitter.com/JudiciaryGOP/sta...zdZdeL165qMY6g
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-06-01 at 07:55 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Some reason the House Judiciary GOP, Official Twitter for the House Committee on the Judiciary, Republicans posting a Johnny Depp GIF as Jack Sparrow in celebration of him "winning" I guess.

So first please don't discuss the trial and yes might be difficult. My take is we know what type of signal this is supposed to be which is strange.

I believe this is what conservatives malign as "virtue signaling", when "leftists" do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

So first please don't discuss the trial and yes might be difficult. My take is we know what type of signal this is supposed to be which is strange. If you scan social media the right is really team Johnny.

To them rich white dude does nothing wrong. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about stock prices.

"DWAC again?"

No. Wait, okay, fine, it's up today, down for the week, still under $50 and basically stagnant. But I want to talk about Twitter's stock price. It's $40.17 and about the same as it was six months ago.

"...okay?"

But when Musk announced the buyout April 25th, it shot up to $51.70 immediately because Musk announced a price of $54.40 or fight $54.20 Under the assumption that Musk held true to his word and the deal was assured, the price of Twitter stock should have stayed there.

It hasn't. Simply put, the stock market has lost faith in the Twitter buyout deal. If you look at Twitter's stock price over the last 5 years, the $40 range isn't really all that odd. It's damn near lived there. The recent price jump from the stock buyout announcement boosted it...past tense.

Obviously things can change, but at time of writing, the odds don't look great.

I'll also throw in that this The Bulwark article goes on about Durham's miserable failure. You might think my favorite part was

Still, a low-level FBI agent’s lie, nearly a year after the Trump-Russia investigation began, did nothing to prove that the FBI had launched the investigation illegitimately.
    But it's really

But as Sussmann’s lawyer argued, “There is a difference between having a client, and doing something on their behalf.”
    This is quite telling, because many of Team Trump was found (retroactively) to be foreign agents, meaning Team Trump is objectively doing worse than what they accuse others of.

Yeah. I know. Shocker.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...eda21f401639cd

A state senator and retired U.S. Army colonel, Mastriano says he wants to make everyone re-register if they want to vote again.
    Whoa, that's different. Can he do this?

The concept flatly violates federal law, legal scholars say, and may conflict with state law, not to mention constitutional protections.
    Oh...apparently not, it's unconstitutional which is weird coming from the party that can't shut up about the Constitution.

It is also a throwback to laws designed by white people in past eras to keep Black people or newer European immigrants from voting.
    Ah, that makes infinitely more sense. Righto then, carry on, racists.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...tal-inspection

House Republican lawmakers in Ohio passed a bill at 11:15 p.m. Wednesday night that would ban transgender girls and women from participating in high school and college athletics. It also comes with a "verification process" of checking the genitals of those "accused" of being trans.
    Man, Republicans really want government so small they can check you genitals, including if you're a minor in highschool.

I'm telling you, Republicans are the horniest and most sexually repressed people around. They really need to just get laid more often or something, maybe they'd be less angry.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...p-roe-1357183/

I hope Collins reads this article and how easily she was manipulated by known bad actors. Seriously, it's hilarious how pathetic she is.

I wonder if she's got more sidewalk chalk art to report to the cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans are preparing their court jesters to dance and juggle to distract from the upcoming Jan 6th public hearings coming this month.

As always: this is doomed to fail. The names you'd expect will be going on FOX News, Bannon's "War Room" and CyberTrump 2077. Um...people who watch those weren't going to watch the hearings anyhow.

There's also the worse problem that someone like Stefanik might (this is a hypothetical example) say "Trump, of course, never once communicated with the Proud Boys" about 30 seconds before the call logs are held up before the camera. Because while people like Stefanik might not have been involved, or were busy hiding from the mob Trump sent to murder them, that means they're out of the loop and saying "XXX did not happen" is based on guesswork and trusting Trump on his word. Both of which are foolish when you're trying to change the narrative from the truth.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/03/p...nce/index.html

Now don't get me wrong: I don't think states should be funding sports teams with taxpayer dollars, but DeSantis punishing the Rays for using their First Amendment rights is pretty fuckin lame.

It's weird that, again, I agree with the ultimate decision DeSantis has made on a topic, but completely disagree on the reasons for the decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/spanis...julian-assange

Well this wasn't on my Bingo card -

Donald Trump’s former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has been ordered to appear in a Spanish court to explain a possible U.S. government plot to kidnap and assassinate WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, ABC Spain reports, citing legal sources close to the case. Yahoo News broke the news of the alleged 2017 plot last September, reporting that Trump’s then-CIA Director Pompeo wanted revenge after WikiLeaks published a massive trove of sensitive CIA hacking tools. “They were seeing blood,” an ex- Trump national security official told Yahoo. Separately, Spain’s National Court has been probing a Spanish security firm that may have spied on Assange for the CIA while providing security for the Ecuadorean Embassy in London. National High Court Judge Santiago Pedraz agreed to summon Pompeo and former U.S. counterintelligence official William Evanina as witnesses to explain whether a plot was drawn up. They must appear in June and can testify via videoconference. Pompeo has not yet commented on the ruling.
    Pompeo needing to testify in Spanish court over allegations of a US government plot including the CIA, which he lead at the time, to assassinate Assange. They're investigating the firm that allegedly worked with the CIA.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ted-cr...-them?ref=wrap

Huh...so Ted Cruz claims that the "elites" pushing gun control all hide behind security and are cowardly because of it or something...despite the fact that Ted Cruz actually spends the most out of any member of Congress on private security. $30K a month apparently.

Coincidentally, Greene spends the second most on security. Weird that Republicans are so terrified and feel the need to spend so much on security. Have they tried not being panicky bigots and instead being decent people?

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip* Weird that Republicans are so terrified and feel the need to spend so much on security. Have they tried not being panicky bigots and instead being decent people?
    or not assuring that you need a PMC to defend against a lone gunman
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why do I have to walk?"

"Because the front doors are in this direction, sir."

Man, I like that officer. She's got zingers for this manchild throwing an adult temper tantrum.
    "Is there a reason proudboys aren't allowed here"

Is there a reason you're not listening you collossal dipshit? No one said you couldn't be there, they said you can't display that logo. Poor persecuted proud boy.
    Putin khuliyo

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/spanis...julian-assange

Well this wasn't on my Bingo card -

Pompeo needing to testify in Spanish court over allegations of a US government plot including the CIA, which he lead at the time, to assassinate Assange. They're investigating the firm that allegedly worked with the CIA.

- - - Updated - - -
    ?
    You think his legal counsel will tell him he won't be able to claim executive privilege? I know the immediate answer would be, but think about the administration we are dealing with.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...pt-of-congress

Edited out the previous commentary.

Basically, the DOJ is refusing to go after Meadows and Scavino for contempt of congress.

But seriously, @cubby does the committee still have the option for their Sargent at Arms to grab them or what?
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-06-04 at 04:13 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.