Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I did not expect them to back-paddle that hard to be honest, though not changing the questline up for the Alliance is just wow......, lets give faranell a new toy, fantasizing how he will make this thing more deadly and the player just goes along with it.

Made me chuckle a bit, warcraft lore is always good for a laugh.
    They found a way to do it without turning any participant into a clown with the Battle for Dazar'alor "NPC tells you what happened" format if they really want both factions to experience it. But, this being Blizzard, they refused to use this method ever again so instead we've Genn inexplicably helping bring the Forsaken plague by proxy. It's absolutely retarded, as all these crossovers are, and they should be stopped.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They found a way to do it without turning any participant into a clown with the Battle for Dazar'alor "NPC tells you what happened" format if they really want both factions to experience it. But, this being Blizzard, they refused to use this method ever again so instead we've Genn inexplicably helping bring the Forsaken plague by proxy. It's absolutely retarded, as all these crossovers are, and they should be stopped.
    I hope they never stop, I find this crap too damn funny. Especially when blizz tries to pat themselves on the back for a good, deep story XD

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The overcorrection of the plot that lead to Belmont and Faranell trying to kill Calia on their very first meeting is the first Forsaken content in a long time to make me smile.
    I straight up expected Belmont and Faranell to jump Calia as soon as the light shield fad ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Are you really defending needing to read the atrocious WoW novels to follow Blizzard's lack of sensible development within their videogame? How is forcing your fans to, not only pay a monthly sub, but additionally read an entire novel JUST to grasp the twists and retcons within their own universe something we should laud and celebrate?

The novels should provide new insights and inject new stories into the universe, they shouldn't be a requirement to follow the basic plot. Imagine if George R.R. Martin injected slight nods to The Lands Between within "A Dream of Spring" and claimed fans should have played Elden Ring to follow what is occurring within the book, or demanded they play the Telltale GoT game to understand specific events.
    Thank you for telling me my opinion is wrong. I am here to tell you that I think your opinion is wrong. Good day. =-)

PS. I love how even lore decisions are politicized these days. Us or them. Blizz shills or Blizz haters. Nothing in between. No compromise.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

If you actually read the quest you would know the answer to this.
    The Worgen have just as much to gain as the Undead do with her rise to power.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Its called alliance has to apologize for getting wiped, again, so its fine.

blizzard likes that...

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Thank you for telling me my opinion is wrong. I am here to tell you that I think your opinion is wrong. Good day. =-)

PS. I love how even lore decisions are politicized these days. Us or them. Blizz shills or Blizz haters. Nothing in between. No compromise.
    What are you talking about? I more or stated that Blizzard owes it to their fans to deliver a quality narrative within the confines of their very own videogame instead of thrusting the responsibility on writers outside of the development team. This is not an unreasonable expectation in the slightest.

Beyond that, I am not subbed to WoW - I quit at the end of 9.1. I am not shilling for Blizzard, nor do I hate them since I am, in fact, still posting on a forum dedicated to their game. The only "compromise" we seek is more consistent and serviceable writing, that is it.

What are you talking about?
    Allow me to help you understand that post. It loosely translates to "I have no real counter argument, so will make a snide remark about opinions, followed by what I hope is a distraction using pearl clutching about taking sides."

Any questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Cross-faction has to start somewhere, dude. The Alliance has, for quite some time now, been about being the better person. Helping those in need, protecting the world, making the noble sacrifices needed. Just accept it and move on, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, etc. I used to volunteer when I was younger, helping people I didn't even know in a way that benefited me none at all. This is basically just that. Does it matter if they wronged you at some point?

It's a fair point though. 'Controversial' plot points are an opportunity for Blizzard to introduce player choices. Let them pick whether they want to help Lordaeron or not. Of course in a more meaningful way than simply not doing the quest... Let players pick sides that aren't just faction lines, and at least don't force them to do something they personally find objectionable lest they lose out on content.

Rebuilding of Lordaeron could've been that first rift between players within the Horde, and within the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Cross-faction has to start somewhere, dude. The Alliance has, for quite some time now, been about being the better person. Helping those in need, protecting the world, making the noble sacrifices needed. Just accept it and move on, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, etc. I used to volunteer when I was younger, helping people I didn't even know in a way that benefited me none at all. This is basically just that. Does it matter if they wronged you at some point?
    Granted, but 'cross-faction' doesn't mean the entire playerbase has to be consolidated into a homogenous blob. Covenants, albeit in a very limited sense, showed us that players can express themselves and chose their stakes in the story.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-06-01 at 08:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Same people would scream murder if blizzard would make important story beats faction only.
    Then let them. It's not like it's important to anyone but the Forsaken anyways.

I do sorta like the sound of Covenants replacing the two current factions. It would be a lot of work on Blizzard's end, but allowing individual arcs and stories to grow and intermingle sounds more interesting than being given two choices that more or less become grayer with each patch release. It would also promote a shift away from "cosmic big-bad threatens the world/universe" in favor of smaller, but no less exciting world events instead.

OP - complains about the story.

Also OP - doesn't know much about the story.

Nothing to see here, just a daily dose of complaints over nothing, move along.

What are you talking about? I more or stated that Blizzard owes it to their fans to deliver a quality narrative within the confines of their very own videogame instead of thrusting the responsibility on writers outside of the development team. This is not an unreasonable expectation in the slightest.

Beyond that, I am not subbed to WoW - I quit at the end of 9.1. I am not shilling for Blizzard, nor do I hate them since I am, in fact, still posting on a forum dedicated to their game. The only "compromise" we seek is more consistent and serviceable writing, that is it.
    That is your opinon. That the story should be entirely within the game. I disagree with it.

The fact that you feel the need to brag about how long you've been quit from a game whose forums you still frequent makes your "I do not hate them" argument feel very shallow. If you want to ignore the story that is presented then complain that you don't understand it because you ignored parts of it you couldn't be bothered to read that's on you.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The real reason is that you or someone like you would make a thread if the alliance didn't have this quest whining about how there's a horde quest chain that the alliance didn't have. With about 100 videos on youtube crying about it too.
    I mean it's a token questline either way for the alliance part and we can see the full horde bias here (once again) anyway, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Oh cry me a river. The Alliance got to siege TWO Horde capitals and depose TWO Horde Warchiefs, winning TWO decisive faction wars, all while being the focal point of pretty much every storyline, and getting all the priority dibs on everything. Not to mention Alliance heroes constantly surviving, even most of their Warcraft 1 and 2 heroes are still alive and kicking, meanwhile Horde heroes from Warcraft 1, 2, 3 and WoW are all dead. And you're telling me you don't like to play along with the Horde? Oh the horror. As if Horde players love constantly interacting with Alliance heroes going neutral since all our heroes are killed off.

So go enjoy your faction pride while winning everything there is to win and being best at everything, but cry when the Horde is not straight up deleted from the game. Yeah, you really have it bad.
    I don't think we are playing the same game lol

Yes, the alliance sieged 2 horde cities, but there are no consequences for the horde at any point. There was one when undercity fell, but that got taken away now too for all we know.

All story lines are about the Horde and their characters, except the Jaina story last expansion.
    In exchange we got in the same expansion:
    a) Our expansion capital burned down by pirates (see the dungeon)
    b) No connection to the first raid tier at all, no storyline for it, nothing
    c) another raid tier where we got to fight 2 of our faction leaders and spend the vast majority of the raid as horde characters (second half usually takes much longer to progress than the first half). Huge sense of accomplishment there when you beat Jaina, wow.
    d) a storyline about a super dangerous night warrior, that still could not even beat Nathanos and that in the end lead absolutely nowhere

"Faction pride" is something that is LONG, LONG gone for the alliance. Story and gameplay wise we are just punching bags for the Horde for some years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that this Questline is trying to fix the clusterfuck that was BfA. A story so bad that even by touching it, the questline becomes tainted.

That being said, the idea here is pretty clear, fixing the scars of the war so everybody can move on.

Does it make sense? Yes. If the horde gets UC back and Alliance gets another homeland it helps everyone.

There is the ugly business with that small genocide thing but lets face it. There is simply no fucking way to fix that shit.

Is it horde bias? Arguable (I personally agree, but the constant pumelling and villification of the horde could be seen otherwise). Thankfully things seems to shifting with the anduin cinematic and the turalyon business.

IMHO, they jumped the shark in BfA and jumped the megalodon in SL. I hope what they are trying to portrait here is that these are the first steps towards peace. But the relationship between horde and alliance will always be way to tarnished for them to recover themselves from it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Well I mean you dont Techinally, when you do the quest you are "changed" to horde, I think its just a way for you to experaince the quest As an alliance player more then you helping them clean up UC

Otherwise, you would keep your Alliance form, Its jsut blizzard, allowing both sides to do the quest chain instead of locking it behind a faction

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That is your opinon. That the story should be entirely within the game. I disagree with it.
    That's rich. People pay for a monthly subscription and expansions, and now you imagine that they should pay more if they want the game to make sense.
    Maybe if the combined writing was any good to begin with...

I hope Blizz is paying you for this.

There are people who still care about factions?

10+ Year Old Account
    To help free Gilneas in the future by means of diplomacy rather than war. Breaking the cycle etc etc

In BFA times the alliance would have devoted their resources to free Gilneas by force, this would have angered the horde and caused them to retaliate then the alliance would have retaliated in turn eventually some cities get nukes and some trees get burnt.

With this the alliance actively aided the horde and not only that the forsaken, with multiple main members out right thanking the alliance player, not a complete fix but it goes a long way to bridging the gap and preventing another Sylvanas/Garrosh expansion. (Which honestly can only be a good thing)