Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This feels a lot better to me than Diablo 3 did at launch. I'm into it big time.

Diablo is my favorite franchise IP in video games. The only issue I have is it's kinda hard to see certain enemies on screen because of the color palette. They blend into the scenery too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's terrific. Easily the best Mobile game I played and the controls and actions are so satisfying and smooth. Very fun!
    Thisbi can agree with. Point is, it's going to be riddled by very aggressive p2w and mtx. When you finish your first dungeon you're literally asked if you want to buy a special pack one time offer only!

This kind of stuff really kills the positive vibes i have. Really. The game isn't much different from other arpg on the play store - yet it feels and plays on another level.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/11/03...tal-cash-shop/

Just because its mobile game, sure... It's chokeful of pay to win shit already.
    Who the fuk cares if the gameplay is fun? Tons of people play all those P2W games without spending single $.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shame they had to go down the p2w and lootbox route. Game is banned in Belgium and the Netherlands, so can't try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Thisbi can agree with. Point is, it's going to be riddled by very aggressive p2w and mtx. When you finish your first dungeon you're literally asked if you want to buy a special pack one time offer only!

This kind of stuff really kills the positive vibes i have. Really. The game isn't much different from other arpg on the play store - yet it feels and plays on another level.
    I don't personally care too much about cash ship aspects as long as I am having a good time. I have self-control and a $30 monthly spending budget on Google play. LOL

This feels a lot better to me than Diablo 3 did at launch. I'm into it big time.

Diablo is my favorite franchise IP in video games. The only issue I have is it's kinda hard to see certain enemies on screen because of the color palette. They blend into the scenery too well.
    Shouldn't we call that a throwback in D1 and it's darker, dungeon crawler esque stuff?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn the game is like 10+gb? That's unexpected for a mobile game.
    But then again, I haven't played mobile games for like 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Shouldn't we call that a throwback in D1 and it's darker, dungeon crawler esque stuff?
    I don't think so. Playing on Bluestacks is somewhat clearer and more distinctive. But on my phone, it is harder to see. I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra and despite fiddling with the settings the color is just too blended. The "warm" filter is nearly unplayable.

Edit: I am surprised how smoothly this plays with a controller as well. Just wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Shame they had to go down the p2w and lootbox route. Game is banned in Belgium and the Netherlands, so can't try it myself.
    just use a vpn,also i dont understand why those countries are banning the GAME,and not just the cash shop?

I can't even play the game in the Netherlands. No fan of using a VPN either, will just be patient for Diablo 4

Hey!
    I played for like half an hour like 4 hours ago, and now I don't see that character any more.
    Also can make new char with same nickname- I guess it's gone? Any ideas, might be missing some info.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2021/11/03...tal-cash-shop/

Just because its mobile game, sure... It's chokeful of pay to win shit already.
    That isn't even the surface. To max out your legendary gems, you need to use tens of thousands of Dollars. That isn't even a joke. And free to play player get only a few the chests that drop the best legendary gems. And you need like thousand of them. A super whale will be leaps and bounds more powerful than a F2P player can be.

Edit: was wrong with the initial number, the actual topping out on this game is more than hundreds of thousands rather than tens. And if unlucky you could be down a million.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2022-06-01 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    That isn't even the surface. To max out your legendary gems, you need to use tens of thousands of Dollars. That isn't even a joke. And free to play player get only a few the chests that drop the best legendary gems. And you need like thousand of them. A super whale will be leaps and bounds more powerful than a F2P player can be.
    so basicaly like wow,a whale buys tokens and gets boosted to get all the best gear funneled to them,if you progress normaly,even if you are in a good guild it will take you months to get the gear a boosted person can get in maybe 2 resets because of how boosters make the raid comp to acomodate them

and im sure diablo just like wow will have catchup stuff later and make all the thausands of dollars spent basicaly useless,same as in lost ark

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so basicaly like wow,a whale buys tokens and gets boosted to get all the best gear funneled to them,if you progress normaly,even if you are in a good guild it will take you months to get the gear a boosted person can get in maybe 2 resets because of how boosters make the raid comp to acomodate them

and im sure diablo just like wow will have catchup stuff later and make all the thausands of dollars spent basicaly useless,same as in lost ark
    buT wOW IsN'T paY TO WiN.

At least with this I know what I'm getting into and it's free to get in to.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    buT wOW IsN'T paY TO WiN.

At least with this I know what I'm getting into and it's free to get in to.
    well,wow can basicaly pay for itself,and you can even come out ahead,if you plan on using the bnet balance on other stuff

I don't think so. Playing on Bluestacks is somewhat clearer and more distinctive. But on my phone, it is harder to see. I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra and despite fiddling with the settings the color is just too blended. The "warm" filter is nearly unplayable.

Edit: I am surprised how smoothly this plays with a controller as well. Just wonderful.
    Mostly a joke. When you mentioned being unable to see things sometimes I was reminded me all the times those itty bitty demons were 2 steps away from me and I didn't see them until they jumped or a dozen goatmen being a step away.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

just use a vpn,also i dont understand why those countries are banning the GAME,and not just the cash shop?
    How would they do that?
    Tel Blizzard they can release the game but not the cash shop for those countries? That is already a thing, FIFA I believe does that. Companies not releasing the game without the cash shop is the company choosing to not do so. Not the countries banning the game without the option.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Big difference is though that in WoW you can only spend so much before you have everything. And also you can get the gold quite easily by actually playing the game as everyone else is buying the tokens. Not that that is in any way a good thing. It sucks major balls. And takes away from the accomplishments of people who do not buy their gold, but rather play the game. But with this game we are talking about chests that you get almost none of when you are free to play and you need thousands of those chests.

Diablo Immortal is more pay to win than anything I've ever seen before. And yeah it would be hilarious of there is a catch up that nullifies everything from someone that used over 100k on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How would they do that?
    Tel Blizzard they can release the game but not the cash shop for those countries? That is already a thing, FIFA I believe does that. Companies not releasing the game without the cash shop is the company choosing to not do so. Not the countries banning the game without the option.
    the country could just block money transactions related to those games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    And yeah it would be hilarious of there is a catch up that nullifies everything from someone that used over 100k on this game.

isnt lost ark like that?

the country could just block money transactions related to those games?
    Right, because getting all banks in a country to block a specific account related to the game, for every game that might not follow the gambling laws is a realistic solution?

And that is assuming services like paypal are not accepted because then it gets even more messy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death