Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    To be clear, Depp winning isn't the problem and the decision from the jury has made it clear that Depp was seen as the victim of defamation. The problem is Heard making the accusation, having little meaningful evidence, blatantly forging evidence (via submitting multiple copies of the same picture, which occurred several times), and then making an unconvincing case. Whether she intended it or not, Heard has become the face of #MeToo that people predisposed to disbelieving women (or hating them, in the case of incels) will use as a cudgel to mock and humiliate women coming forward in the future (i.e.: "Yeah sure, your story is totally true, just like Heard's", or something to that effect).
    The fate of abused women cannot be justly used as a cudgel to silence the voices of abused men.

And vice versa, of course, but the former is what the rhetoric being applied here boils down to; that somehow Heard's loss is a loss for abused women.

Maybe, just maybe, Heard lying about abuse is what harms that cause, not Depp's lawsuit for the defamation. Blame the actual culprit for who's given credibility to the misogynist crowd; it's Heard, by lying and getting caught out doing so. Like you said, but it bears repeating.

Not Depp for defending himself and his reputation. If anyone's got an issue with Depp doing so, or the outcome, I'll refer back to my first line.

This isn't about "sides", and anyone pushing that is pushing an agenda other than justice. False claims do more damage to justice than a refusal to level an accusation.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-02 at 12:24 AM.

Agree with endus. I dunno why she was made public representative of stuff like ACLU with what was presented in this court. Sad part is i believe some of her stories, but then she seemed to be some kind of compulsive liar and added so much shit to everything. Even if 10% of what you said was true, you cant be going in public and represent movements while adding shit into your story. I mean ffs, bottle rapes, beaten to an inch of your life before death and somehow no noticable injuries by anyone. You get the time to take selfies with your friend making fun of your abuser injured finger. What the fuck are you even thinking.

The plane story sounds and seems real, but getting abused doesent mean you need to make up 5 stories on top. If you are abused, stick to the actual events, dont add more. Especially if you are gona take center stage in public and try to be the representative of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure which did more damage to her credibility: her insanely over the top stories about brutal abuse that anyone with a hint of common sense would see through when looking at any pictures of her around that time (ice and your incorrectly applied makeup fixed you back up perfect did it?), or if it was the audio recordings of her taunting him. I don't even mean the one where she admits to hitting him and calls him a baby, as damning as that is for showing she definitely physically attacked him. I mean the one where she is cackling like a demon and mocking and berating him, and of course the one where she mocks the idea that he would ever expect anyone to believe he was a victim of domestic violence. I'd heard those others before when they were first leaked but that one of her laughing at him, that was the worst one I think. I don't know how anyone could listen to that and go "this woman is a terrified victim of that man". It was a deeply uncomfortable audio clip.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I actually am genuinely curious what @Eugenik and @Milchshake think about the verdict and the trial as a whole.

something something uk trial. something something biased judge/jury. something something gonna win on appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    She didn’t just talk about stories of abuse, what she was saying was attempted murder and rape. It was completely over-the-top and unbelievably, given the evidence presented and her testimony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I'm not sure which did more damage to her credibility: her insanely over the top stories about brutal abuse that anyone with a hint of common sense would see through when looking at any pictures of her around that time (ice and your incorrectly applied makeup fixed you back up perfect did it?), or if it was the audio recordings of her taunting him. I don't even mean the one where she admits to hitting him and calls him a baby, as damning as that is for showing she definitely physically attacked him. I mean the one where she is cackling like a demon and mocking and berating him, and of course the one where she mocks the idea that he would ever expect anyone to believe he was a victim of domestic violence. I'd heard those others before when they were first leaked but that one of her laughing at him, that was the worst one I think. I don't know how anyone could listen to that and go "this woman is a terrified victim of that man". It was a deeply uncomfortable audio clip.
    What are you two even on about? He was a junkie. She was a junkie. As I said before they had no business in being in a relationship together. Are you guys not aware how gross junkie people are and that the love to lie? Like these are pathological liars/manipulators and seedy scum.

Johnny chose to get involved with a woman that was a filth junkie groupie. (read articles about her bringing other men to his place) Then was surprised it backfired in his face? Then again he wasn't sober himself. So he made poor decisions...these were his choices in life. He didn't want to get sober and be responsible.

These choices he made ultimately lead to this mainstreamed lawsuit. Which I find it repulsive they try to glorify and sensationalize it. No need to spin a narrative twist on this garbage.(I guess it is pushing a desired narrative, hence it got mainstreamed) It's sad and ultimately these people needed help. Both of them. Nothing more or less, no man or woman villain here. No villain period. Just junkies being irresponsible, stupid and reckless. I personally don't think it is entertainment at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    B b b but the UK court....

Both are horrible people but AH singlehandedly threw the entire #MeToo movement under the bus. Her statement after the verdict just shows how vile she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    What are you two even on about? He was a junkie. She was a junkie. As I said before they had no business in being in a relationship together. Are you guys not aware how gross junkie people are and that the love to lie? Like these are pathological liars/manipulators and seedy scum.

Johnny chose to get involved with a woman that was a filth junkie groupie. (read articles about her bringing other men to his place) Then was surprised it backfired in his face? Then again he wasn't sober himself. So he made poor decisions...these were his choices in life. He didn't want to get sober and be responsible.

These choices he made ultimately lead to this mainstreamed lawsuit. Which I find it repulsive they try to glorify and sensationalize it. No need to spin a narrative twist on this garbage.(I guess it is pushing a desired narrative, hence it got mainstreamed) It's sad and ultimately these people needed help. Both of them. Nothing more or less, no man or woman villain here. No villain period. Just junkies being irresponsible, stupid and reckless. I personally don't think it is entertainment at all.
    Why are you victim blaming after the trial?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The pivot from "Johnny Depp was an abusive dickhead" to "Well, it looks like they were BOTH toxic" is the most fascinating thing of this saga.

Just reeks of "fine people on both sides" bullshit. Just fucking stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hope more men also have the courage to speak up after seeing this. It’s a win for them, as well cause they can be victims too. They far too often remain silent. It’s sad.
    Not everyone has the wealth and backing of Depp, unfortunately.

It's nice to see Heard take an L, but Depp's situation is too far away from an average guy's options if he finds himself in a similar situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Johnny Depp was all like,

"You will always remember this as the day that you ALMOST caught Captain jack Sparrow".
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2022-06-02 at 05:23 AM.

glad the jury wasnt as naive or had an agenda like some posters on this forum.

Was clear as day she was batshit. You didnt have to be a fan of Johnnys to see what she was about. Small town trash that got close to the sun and got ahead of themselves.

Seeing her acting on the stand I thought she was a better actress than she evidently is. I guess hollywood editing/directors and make up/costume do A LOT of the work eh

Kinda ballsy saying that people who watched it have narrative to push when you have barely any info to go by and you push your victim blamin schtick

The fact that you said that Depp didn't take responsibility for his drug abuse means you must've read articles that lied to you.
    He literally went on the stand and said "only person I've ever abused is myself". Which isn't a get out of jail card for someone to abuse them. Kinda gross what you are doing tbh.

You didn't watch the trial... We know.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-06-02 at 05:46 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Kinda ballsy saying that people who watched it have narrative to push when you have barely any info to go by and you push your victim blamin schtick

You didn't watch the trial... We know.
    Quite a few of those in here, honestly. And while they have their opinion - it's usually done in such a negative / combative way it's difficult to conversate with them.

Also: I've tried to read the opposing sides opinions and outlook on this trial. But, it's so extremely difficult to do so. Way too many blind faith individuals and bad actors cause it to be a headache. I often forget the creepiness of the hugbox effect social media can have with individuals online.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea that the whole "my dog stepped on a bee" thing that Heard said during her testimony became as big as it did. Lots of videos will millions of views each. Way to go internet, you found another dumb quote to meme on for the next few weeks.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I had no idea that the whole "my dog stepped on a bee" thing that Heard said during her testimony became as big as it did. Lots of videos will millions of views each. Way to go internet, you found another dumb quote to meme on for the next few weeks.
    I mean yea internet memes are dumb but that one in particular kind of encapsulates the essence of Heards exaggerated ridiculous argument that depp was a sexual abuser and violent man not just a bit of a weirdo with self destructive tendencies which is the crux of the case.

So its got a little bit of depth behind its simplicity and catch phraseness which is why its popular imo.

No villain period.
    No, one of them is pretty obviously a villain. Openly telling the person you're abusing "go ahead, go tell people, nobody will believe you" is pretty fucking evil.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    No, one of them is pretty obviously a villain. Openly telling the person you're abusing "go ahead, go tell people, nobody will believe you" is pretty fucking evil.
    What was evil, was her shitting on his pillow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What was evil, was her shitting on his pillow.
    No. The evil part was her falsely accusing her ex in an attempt to ruin him and to use a very real and serious topic of domestic abuse as a trampoline to further her career.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-02 at 10:03 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No. The evil part was her falsely accusing her ex in an attempt to ruin him and to use a very real and serious topic of domestic abuse as a trampoline to further her career.
    No, what was evil was her blaming the dog when she shat on the pillow. Dog did nothing man it didn't deserve that.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    The pivot from "Johnny Depp was an abusive dickhead" to "Well, it looks like they were BOTH toxic" is the most fascinating thing of this saga.
    A whole lot of people, dare I say most people, have always looked at this entire circus as "idiotic celebrity cat fight".

Since this trial started it was obvious to me that truly both of them are fucked in the head. Heard always came off as a psycho and Depp was always a weirdo and Heard really just brought out the worst in him.

Hailing this trial as some sort of vindication of all abused men or falsely accused men, or some sort of big win for misogyny is frankly dumb.

Had these 2 people not been millionaire global celebrities they would literally be on Jerry Springer or whatever the fuck is the modern equivalent of it, having a trailer trash dumpster hobo toothless methead cat fight. Because they are both literal white trash of the worst kind. What eludes me is how anyone can see this is anything else. And this entire trial has been effectively "Jerry Springer Live!". Honestly, it is a stain on the reputation of the legal system and it firmly puts me in the camp that trials should not be televised (except the Supreme Court, that should be televised as public interest tied to governance, just as the House debated are televised).
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-06-02 at 10:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    A whole lot of people, dare I say most people, have always looked at this entire circus as "idiotic celebrity cat fight".

Since this trial started it was obvious to me that truly both of them are fucked in the head. Heard always came off as a psycho and Depp was always a weirdo and Heard really just brought out the worst in him.

Hailing this trial as some sort of vindication of all abused men or falsely accused men, or some sort of big win for misogyny is frankly dumb.

Had these 2 people not been millionaire global celebrities they would literally be on Jerry Springer or whatever the fuck is the modern equivalent of it, having a trailer trash dumpster hobo toothless methead cat fight. Because they are both literal white trash of the worst kind. What eludes me is how anyone can see this is anything else. And this entire trial has been effectively "Jerry Springer Live!". Honestly, it is a stain on the reputation of the legal system and it firmly puts me in the camp that trials should not be televised (except the Supreme Court, that should be televised as public interest tied to governance, just as the House debated are televised).
    Right, because white trash toothless hobos usually work for 20 years with children's hospitals and the make a wish foundation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.