Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...rting-the-gop/

And the latest right wing talking point: This was a federal false flag to discourage hispanic voters from supporting Republicans.

Man, MKUltra is doing work decades down the road.

This is why we will never actually solve the problem of children being murdered at school.
    "in an area that is majority Hispanic—it’s essentially Mexico is what it is"

Texas used to fuckin' be Mexico, you white supremacist fuckbrain Witzke.

Smoothbrain takes from smoothbrain white supremacists. Racism makes you a fuckin' idiot.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    A dying Uvalde teacher was on the phone with her husband -- a school police officer whose boss decided not to enter her classroom.

And the GQP is doing their usual song and dance to ignore this entire social policy fail.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    A dying Uvalde teacher was on the phone with her husband -- a school police officer whose boss decided not to enter her classroom.

And the GQP is doing their usual song and dance to ignore this entire social policy fail.
    Was just coming here to post this. I'm not gonna criticize the husband and all since that's an unimaginable situation to be in but...I hope he told the commander on the scene about this. If he did, that's even worse for the police chief. If not that's still awful, just everything about this is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also in that article you linked, they're trying to open the shooter's phone.

Okay...why? Unless there's a co-conspirator, I don't know what they could find that'd be useful. Even if they found some kind of predictive clue, then what? One, everyone's already dead. Two, they can't use what they find to just monitor everyone's phones all the time. I could, literally right now, send a text message to cubby and say "I'm going to murder [name of poster], here's his real name and address, I'm 30 minutes away" and nobody would know except cubby. There's no monitoring system looking for that, there's no warrant for that, and y'all know 99.99999(repeating of course)% I'd be joking as shown by my previous post record. Now, if cubby sent that text to the police, which he would, that's different.

So I'm actually confused here. Is there any reason to suspect there's a co-conspirator? He bought the weapons of war and ammo himself, fired them himself. If not, what could law enforcement find that would be in any way useful at all, this far after the mass murder?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not gonna criticize the husband
    His commanding officer told him not to go in. Take a random situation, have the police officer break ranks and go rogue because it's personal, and we'd be blaming the cop. Yeah, nobody's going to criticize him. Well, nobody reasonable. The people looking for someone to blame, other than the ease of access to weapons of war to 18 year olds, might.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was just coming here to post this. I'm not gonna criticize the husband and all since that's an unimaginable situation to be in but...I hope he told the commander on the scene about this. If he did, that's even worse for the police chief. If not that's still awful, just everything about this is awful.
    And I certainly meant to criticism to the police officer in this situation. It was all about the Cowardly Police Chief not sending in 20+ police officers to literally do their job.

Oh, and that same Coward, is now a City Councilman. Because not doing your job, ignoring the calls and cries of dying children and teachers, should be rewarded.

The United States is, indeed, a Fascist State.

And I certainly meant to criticism to the police officer in this situation. It was all about the Cowardly Police Chief not sending in 20+ police officers to literally do their job.

Oh, and that same Coward, is now a City Councilman. Because not doing your job, ignoring the calls and cries of dying children and teachers, should be rewarded.

I mean, that election already happened (IIRC) and all so it's not like a reward or anything. We'll see if he steps down voluntarily or if he faces pressure from the community to resign.

Seems that the community is historically close with their local police department, resulting in a lot of mixed feelings from folks as they are processing and trying to resolve some of the contradictions between their previous beliefs and what just happened.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean, the police chief did exactly what Texans wanted him to do, he protected the guns. Why wouldn't he be rewarded?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Also in that article you linked, they're trying to open the shooter's phone.

Okay...why? Unless there's a co-conspirator, I don't know what they could find that'd be useful. Even if they found some kind of predictive clue, then what? One, everyone's already dead. Two, they can't use what they find to just monitor everyone's phones all the time. I could, literally right now, send a text message to cubby and say "I'm going to murder [name of poster], here's his real name and address, I'm 30 minutes away" and nobody would know except cubby. There's no monitoring system looking for that, there's no warrant for that, and y'all know 99.99999(repeating of course)% I'd be joking as shown by my previous post record. Now, if cubby sent that text to the police, which he would, that's different.

So I'm actually confused here. Is there any reason to suspect there's a co-conspirator? He bought the weapons of war and ammo himself, fired them himself. If not, what could law enforcement find that would be in any way useful at all, this far after the mass murder?
    I was having essentially the same thoughts. I think, assuming the Cowardly Police Chief can do any part of his job, this would fall under "tying up loose ends"; because what if there was an accomplice, who is gearing up for the next school, for instance? To not do that, run down the leads/info, would be poor investigative techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    His commanding officer told him not to go in. Take a random situation, have the police officer break ranks and go rogue because it's personal, and we'd be blaming the cop. Yeah, nobody's going to criticize him. Well, nobody reasonable. The people looking for someone to blame, other than the ease of access to weapons of war to 18 year olds, might.
    Agreed. Plus, that cop is going to beat himself up for the rest of his life anyways, so he's already in at least two/three kinds of hell.

https://twitter.com/aleximenez/statu...12495792578568

Huh, so how many weird gangs of law enforcement are there across the country? We know about the LA criminal gangs of officers, but how many more like this one are in small towns and cities across the country?

Also, lol at the small-dicked cops threatening CNN with "trespassing" charges for asking the police chief questions on public property. Faschies should get bashies, period.

Huh, so how many weird gangs of law enforcement are there across the country? We know about the LA criminal gangs of officers, but how many more like this one are in small towns and cities across the country?

Also, lol at the small-dicked cops threatening CNN with "trespassing" charges for asking the police chief questions on public property. Faschies should get bashies, period.
    I remember a few years back we caught a group of officers running drugs in their police cars from Virginia to Georgia I believe it was.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I remember a few years back we caught a group of officers running drugs in their police cars from Virginia to Georgia I believe it was.
    There's a surprising amount of this kind of shit that flies under the radar or gets buried. But of course police fight any accountability every step of the way. Civil forfeiture is a prime example of what are often straight up robberies by cops, often with the victims having an extremely difficult time getting their money back - if they can at all.

I'm more honestly afraid of small town cops then any large city police officers. Far easier to detain someone or make someone disappear when all parties are involved in small towns. Being pulled over in a bigger city, there are far more people around to potentially record something and come forward. Not so much if you get pulled over in the middle of farm country.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I'm more honestly afraid of small town cops then any large city police officers. Far easier to detain someone or make someone disappear when all parties are involved in small towns. Being pulled over in a bigger city, there are far more people around to potentially record something and come forward. Not so much if you get pulled over in the middle of farm country.

Oddly enough, there's a Chuck Norris movie about this.

There's a surprising amount of this kind of shit that flies under the radar or gets buried. But of course police fight any accountability every step of the way. Civil forfeiture is a prime example of what are often straight up robberies by cops, often with the victims having an extremely difficult time getting their money back - if they can at all.
    Agreed, John Oliver actually did a full episode on Civil Asset Forfeiture too.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...s-abortion/amp

The latest Big Brain Republican reason for the increase in mass shootings?

Women having reproductive rights.

I'll let you guess whether this idea was violently shat out into the public sphere by a man or a woman, but I think you can all guess.

Ah, nothing like the season for republican pseudo science in mass after a shooting. Name everything you don't like and claim it's the reason for shootings! Anime, video games, lack of fathers, the gay agenda, wokeness, immigration!

All this coming from the party yelling at people not to politicize the shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Ah, nothing like the season for republican pseudo science in mass after a shooting. Name everything you don't like and claim it's the reason for shootings! Anime, video games, lack of fathers, the gay agenda, wokeness, immigration!

All this coming from the party yelling at people not to politicize the shootings.
    Apparently Fox New is going BIG on the "weed is making people into violent mass shooters" argument.

Which is, for anyone that's legally consumed marijuana products, a patently fucking hilarious concept. I'm ready for them to start unironically airing Reefer Madness as a documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Gohmert also blamed “the 60s” for mass shootings. So sexual liberation and pot are to blame I guess? Idk.
    Huh, I woulda thought he was referencing the Vietnam war and the consequences it had on a generation both indoctrinated with propaganda and who had their lives ruined after they were drafted and sent to fight in a pointless war.

Apparently Fox New is going BIG on the "weed is making people into violent mass shooters" argument.

Which is, for anyone that's legally consumed marijuana products, a patently fucking hilarious concept. I'm ready for them to start unironically airing Reefer Madness as a documentary.
    Ahh yes, stoners. When I think of violent people who want to shoot up something, I think of a pothead. People who would, if high enough, get lost along the way and complain of being hungry and forget what they were going to do.

Stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Ahh yes, stoners. When I think of violent people who want to shoot up something, I think of a pothead. People who would, if high enough, get lost along the way and complain of being hungry and forget what they were going to do.

Stoners.
    You know, well known consumers of marijuana products like Snoop Dog are surely known for their violent demeanor and unpredictable, violent actions.

Or for chilling with Martha Stewart and baking some dank ass pies and shit, before going to livestream some CoD/BF and leaving his steam running for hours after he's left. Just showing an empty room because he forgot to turn the stream off.