Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That Hunters are Dark Rangers.
    It is as close as a Warlock with Metamorphosis.
    The difference being that Warlock Demonology was not named 'Demon Hunter' customizations or gameplay. It was always Warlock mimicing Metamorphosis.

Here, we have a quest and lore of Dark Rangers choosing their path to join the Horde or Alliance, and having specific Dark Ranger customizations unlocked to reflect the lore, as well as an entire new transmog set for Hunters. This is a direct lore connection between our characters and the Dark Ranger NPCs. This is a direct link towards representing playable Dark Rangers. And as said before - no one is saying this replaces a class. The reality now is that Dark Ranger means more than just a class.

The lore is literally telling you now that Hunters can be Dark Rangers, and you still choose to ignore it. Honestly, not sure why you do, because there's nothing to say a Dark Ranger is not also more than just a Hunter. Just like Beastmaster isn't just a Hunter with Beastmastery spec, even though Beastmastery can represent a Beastmaster's identity.

Also, with this new revelation, we aren't really sure if Blizzard plans on doing more to connect the Hunter's gameplay to Dark Ranger in the future. With every class getting Talent reworks through the new system, there's always the possibility of them adding back Dark Ranger abilities into the mix. We don't know yet and it'd be too early to tell if they are planning this.

And I would say, reasonably speaking, the chances of a Dark Ranger standalone class becomes more slim. Customizations are a big part of new Hero classes like DK's and DH who get their own unique looks. That aspect of the Dark Ranger is being accessed through this questline, meaning the pale skin and red eyes are not being reserved for a future class. While the possibility of a DR class remains open, as a feature it's going to be less impactful since we already have the customization options already available, and the quest lore that literally has the Undead Elven Dark Rangers officially joining the Horde and Alliance. The only thing left is gameplay representation for literally a handful of Dark magic abilities.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-02 at 03:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is an RPG class unrpresented by current classes.
    The Rpg has a ton of classes and most are less represented then the dark rangers and just like the dark rangers will never be implemented in wow as a actual class.

- - - Updated - - -

That Hunters are Dark Rangers.
    It is as close as a Warlock with Metamorphosis.
    Meta for locks was made non canon in a quest line, hunter dark rangers were made canon through one, so not the best example ever as the opposite happens between the two quest lines.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    With the amount of people wanting this? It's the least amount of effort for the most return. It's literally skin colors and eye colors for 2 models. You should be happy that they did it this way.

- - - Updated - - -

They've already made intentions for any race to be any class barring the invoker and possibly demon hunters. They do need to make chargers for them though, which will probably be the hold up.
    if i had to guess for Invoker. other races will learn invoker magic and the Draconic like effects will be copied into a Transparent effects like Mage's Dragon's breath.

but yes the hold up being Racial specific parts of classes would make things take longer
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

3+ Year Old Account
    guess Quel'thalas is now a republic and Undercity is now a federation, why not annex the republic of the Eastweald as well while they're at it
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

No self-respecting night elf should "help" the Forsaken reclaim their capital from the Blight they inflicted upon it themselves...
    Hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    No self-respecting night elf should "help" the Forsaken reclaim their capital from the Blight they inflicted upon it themselves...
    Hell...
    Naw its just a video game. I want red eyes so im gonna get em

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Hell...
    Night elves walking into silithus & saying "we're going to turn this desert into a forest" is equally as fucked up as the blight if you know anything about environmental science.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Naw its just a video game. I want red eyes so im gonna get em
    Whatever. Lorewise it's fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Night elves walking into silithus & saying "we're going to turn this desert into a forest" is equally as fucked up as the blight if you know anything about environmental science.
    What has Silithus got to do with anything. comparing forests brimming with life to the blight. That's a stretch.

I think we can amend the Blizzard work flow process now.

Rule of gameplay fit > Rule of fan service > Rule of cool > Rule of lore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    It's not really a huge problem, try to use your brain a little and figure out that majority don't care much about customization. i mean they like it but they surely won't go ranting in forums about it lol
    you feel that alot of people do because the vocal minorty
    You tell me to use the brain and you think is not a problem half of the playerbase, who don't play with elves, get neglect time and time again in terms of customization and lore related things, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Eventually it will come, that's it.
    Sure it will fam.

Owaw Night Elves got black eyes option in BFA and then them and BE/VE one skin tone and eye color combo in Shlands. Quick call the waambulance. Such favoritism, World of Elfcraft. Lemme polish my victim card there.
    If you don't see the favoritism youa re getting something out of it, its awlays like this. Elf players always think they are not getting enough.

Next expansion, new race? elf dragon, but sure, there is no world of elfcraft, at all
    You had Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren get much more in 9.1.5, so don't pretend as if it's frikkin' only elves elves elves.
    Except void elves got first and more, HM tauren and LF draenei didn't get as much as they should, like always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Cuz they haven't stopped making content for other races?
    Still wainting for then.

they stop doing heritage armor for other races, instead decided to give MORE quests to blood elves.

they stop giving other races customizations, instead decide to add MORE skin colors to elves.

You would have a reasonable argument if they stopped making content for other races and only make Elf content from here on out. That isn't what's happening, which is why your argument is so ridiculous.

Dark Iron Dwarf literally also gets new cosmetics and mounts this patch too. They are rolling out content at their own slow pace. So what exactly is there to complain? That they aren't making it, or that it isn't all being made and released when you want it?
    Ah yes, they throw dark iron alongside the blood elf quest so they don't just make something only for horde(also because they already ahd their wapons ready), and also, this completely give then free card to add more customization for elves, seems totally equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    *snip*
    I am not sure what you're even bitching about, you literally had a bunch of customization options added for Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei in 9.1.5.

Yes, it WILL come, because it does.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...d-improved-you

Still wainting for then.

they stop doing heritage armor for other races, instead decided to give MORE quests to blood elves.

they stop giving other races customizations, instead decide to add MORE skin colors to elves.
    You can wait without holding your breath and making a public fit, you know this right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it’s safe to say at this point that the idea of Dark Rangers as a separate class is pretty much dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think it’s safe to say at this point that the idea of Dark Rangers as a separate class is pretty much dead.
    Who knows.

Probably so, but you can never know what future holds. Maybe they will in the end decide that it's a good idea to intro a few one spec classes as expansion feature and then you absolutely could have a Warden, Dark Ranger and so on there - classes that would do well as single spec.

Quite frankly - one skin color and eye color does not prevent anything really. That's "Darkfallen" there and getting a Dark Ranger mog does not prohibit anything else of that sort down the road too.

We had far worse cases like Warlock's Metamorphosis. If they could literally delete existing class spec to bring DH, then what is some single skin/eye/mog combo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows.

Probably so, but you can never know what future holds. Maybe they will in the end decide that it's a good idea to intro a few one spec classes as expansion feature and then you absolutely could have a Warden, Dark Ranger and so on there - classes that would do well as single spec.

Quite frankly - one skin color and eye color does not prevent anything really. That's "Darkfallen" there and getting a Dark Ranger mog does not prohibit anything else of that sort down the road too.

We had far worse cases like Warlock's Metamorphosis. If they could literally delete existing class spec to bring DH, then what is some single skin/eye/mog combo?
    But these customizations are specifically called Dark Ranger by Blizzard. Blizzard never called Warlocks Demon Hunters.

You tell me to use the brain and you think is not a problem half of the playerbase, who don't play with elves, get neglect time and time again in terms of customization and lore related things, sure.

Sure it will fam.

If you don't see the favoritism youa re getting something out of it, its awlays like this. Elf players always think they are not getting enough.

Next expansion, new race? elf dragon, but sure, there is no world of elfcraft, at all

Except void elves got first and more, HM tauren and LF draenei didn't get as much as they should, like always.

- - - Updated - - -

Still wainting for then.

Ah yes, they throw dark iron alongside the blood elf quest so they don't just make something only for horde(also because they already ahd their wapons ready), and also, this completely give then free card to add more customization for elves, seems totally equal.
    I think what you don't understand about the purpose of player customization development is that it is 100% fan service. When it comes to player customization they pretty much go step in step with popular suggestions from the community.

You seem to think that equality of customization between races is important, and that because High Elves receive a disproportionate amount of attention from Blizzard, that the same attention needs to be given to the others. Which is a nice sentiment, but that is not how you work with limited resources.

The reality is that 80% of the WoW playerbase plays an Elf. If they develop huge updates to Mechagnomes it will only affect like 0.1% of the player base. But if they develop new customizations for Blood Elves, ie. Dark Rangers and Drak'thyr, that has a return on investment a hundred-fold compared to any other race. I'm sure the Dark Ranger customizations alone will be more widely adopted by players at large than many of the Allied Races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    But these customizations are specifically called Dark Ranger by Blizzard. Blizzard never called Warlocks Demon Hunters.
    Bruh, I am just telling you a simple thing.

If Blizzard 5 years down the road decides they want Dark Rangers as a class - a mog set won't be holding them back.

Ergo, existence of Dark Ranger's Attire does not in any way, shape or form prevent Dark Rangers as a class.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like in other thread - you really can't know. Even bloody Ion can't know - remember his "if you want to play fair skinned blue eyed elf - Horde is for you"? How'd that one turned out, eh?

So yeah, they tossed this mog out now - does not mean shit for what they will or will not do few years from now. Like, think - "we can't make Dark Ranger class, we got a mog ingame man". Yeaaahhh.

And for the record, I repeat - I also don't think there will be a Dark Ranger class. But it sure as hell won't be because of a mog and red eyes we got now.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    then they should have been called "darkfallen". dark rangers are a very horde-specific thing and they've always been shown to use bows and daggers.
    Correct. In fact, one of the biggest appearances of a true "Dark Ranger" is in Cataclysm in the Worgen starting zone. Blood Elves who are working for the horde, as the other majority would be Sylvanas' body guards in the throne room of Lordaeron.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account

It's like in other thread - you really can't know. Even bloody Ion can't know - remember his "if you want to play fair skinned blue eyed elf - Horde is for you"? How'd that one turned out, eh?

So yeah, they tossed this mog out now - does not mean shit for what they will or will not do few years from now. Like, think - "we can't make Dark Ranger class, we got a mog ingame man". Yeaaahhh.
    No, it means that Blizzard did this in the place of a DR class. Sure, Blizzard COULD change their mind in the future, but that's HIGHLY unlikely. What's far more likely is that Blizzard is going to continue on this path that they've been on since Legion and continue to give Hunters more DR assets.

With Elves now being able to obtain the look of the DR concept, and the Hunter class being more than capable of housing DR abilities, there's zero reason to have a stand alone DR class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Literally called "Dark Ranger customization."
    It could be called King of Stormwind customization, but outside of RP doesn't "make" you the king of Stormwind. You all really have your heels dug in on this. No one is allowed their opinion to disagree.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi