Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, it means that Blizzard did this in the place of a DR class.
    I think you assume too much here. You read designers minds?

For all you know they could say "whelp we can't really make a full blown Darkfallen allied race now and neither we can make Dark Ranger class anytime soon, but lets give them something to RP with meanwhile why not".

It's not some 0 sum game here. One does not somehow block the other at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you assume too much here. You read designers minds?

For all you know they could say "whelp we can't really make a full blown Darkfallen allied race now and neither we can make Dark Ranger class anytime soon, but lets give them something to RP with meanwhile why not".

It's not some 0 sum game here. One does not somehow block the other at all.
    It's not about reading a designer's mind, it's simply looking at design choice of Blizzard regarding Hunters and Dark Rangers over multiple expansions;

Black Arrow being a Hunter ability early in WoW's lifespan
    Nathanos being a Hunter trainer in Cataclysm
    Dark Ranger talents in the Hunter class in Legion
    Dark Rangers being members of the Hunter class hall
    Dark Ranger Hood quest being Hunter exclusive
    Dark Rangers being labeled as MM Hunters on mission tables
    No Dark Ranger class in Shadowlands
    Sylvanas Bow and Quiver being exclusive to the Hunter class
    Dark Ranger transmog being Hunter only

How much more evidence do we need to finally draw a conclusion here?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You can wait without holding your breath and making a public fit, you know this right?
    Yeah, because if i would the breath waiting anything else besides elf crap i would be dead by now.

Get it? because isn't going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think what you don't understand about the purpose of player customization development is that it is 100% fan service. When it comes to player customization they pretty much go step in step with popular suggestions from the community.
    And i don't think most of people not seeing the problem understand that not everyone plays elves, therefore, fanservice should not be done only to one half of the fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure what you're even bitching about, you literally had a bunch of customization options added for Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei in 9.1.5.
    Yeah because they didn't get shit before, and got some token shit, unlike void elves who got customizations even when it was not the time for the allied races to get customization. And they got again later

But keep pretending they getting some few ribbon customization, equal to the elf treatment along the years

Yes, it WILL come, because it does.
    Sure, after they get tired of adding elf stuff, or when there is no more elf stuff to add they may be out of options and decide to to other races, but even that is doubtful when they can just create new elf options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yeah because they didn't get shit before, and got some token shit, unlike void elves who got customizations even when it was not the time for the allied races to get customization. And they got again later

But keep pretending they getting some few ribbon customization, equal to the elf treatment along the years
    Oh? What kind of customizations Void Elves got before 9.1.5 pray tell? Could you please be specific?

Because pretty much the first time they were touched ever from their inception was 9.1.5.

- - - Updated - - -

You're really obsessed with elves, eh? Hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh? What kind of customizations Void Elves got before 9.1.5 pray tell? Could you please be specific?
    Did you missed when they got blood elf options because community cried a river cause "high elves are horde"? he.

You're really obsessed with elves, eh? Hilarious.
    Just pointing out Blizzard obsession and bullshit about elves, like, its not me who is doing dragon elves as new race next expansion is it?

if ih it i nerve thats not my problem.

Yeah, because if i would the breath waiting anything else besides elf crap i would be dead by now.

Hmm, maybe you should hold your breath then.

Can I get this customization if I don't own Shadowlands? BfA is the last expansion I own

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about reading a designer's mind, it's simply looking at design choice of Blizzard regarding Hunters and Dark Rangers over multiple expansions;

Black Arrow being a Hunter ability early in WoW's lifespan
    Nathanos being a Hunter trainer in Cataclysm
    Dark Ranger talents in the Hunter class in Legion
    Dark Rangers being members of the Hunter class hall
    Dark Ranger Hood quest being Hunter exclusive
    Dark Rangers being labeled as MM Hunters on mission tables
    No Dark Ranger class in Shadowlands
    Sylvanas Bow and Quiver being exclusive to the Hunter class
    Dark Ranger transmog being Hunter only

How much more evidence do we need to finally draw a conclusion here?
    Bruh, I literally like 2 posts ago told you - you had Warlocks cosplay as Demon Hunters for a decade. So what?

That means shit. If tomorrow Blizz decides they want Dark Ranger - they do it. They gutted existing class spec to make place for DH and you tell me that.

lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you missed when they got blood elf options because community cried a river cause "high elves are horde"? he.

Next?

Get your facts straight, son. You're whining about something that is not even true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruh, I literally like 2 posts ago told you - you had Warlocks cosplay as Demon Hunters for a decade. So what?

That means shit. If tomorrow Blizz decides they want Dark Ranger - they do it. They gutted existing class spec to make place for DH and you tell me that.

lol.
    And once again, Blizzard never called that cosplay "Demon Hunter". They're calling this cosplay Dark Ranger.

That's the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    And once again, Blizzard never called that cosplay "Demon Hunter". They're calling this cosplay Dark Ranger.

That's the difference.
    There is no difference whatsoever. You are grabbing that straw of one single string in mog ensemble name and you be like THIS IS IT - DARK RANGERS IMPOSSIBLE.

Bruh... that shit's so hilarious.

Evoker's Regalia

Damn son, we can't have Evokers now - WTF.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no difference whatsoever. You are grabbing that straw of one single string in mog ensemble name and you be like THIS IS IT - DARK RANGERS IMPOSSIBLE.
    See post #204. It's far more than a single mog ensemble.

Bruh... that shit's so hilarious.

Evoker's Regalia

Damn son, we can't have Evokers now - WTF.
    What makes a Dark Ranger a Dark Ranger? What makes a Dracthyr Evoker a Dracthyr Evoker?

Hopefully you understand the difference, and get why those mogs and customizations cover the Dark Ranger concept, while silk battlegear does not cover the Dracthyr Evoker concept.

lol.
    I mean if we're gonna play the 'they can do it in the future' game then Evoker can also be the last class ever made and they stop here and now, forever. And all future classes are simply gonna be customizations, like the Dark Ranger. The idea of gutting existing classes to make any new class is equally bullshit if we're talking about the unknowable future.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-02 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes a Dark Ranger a Dark Ranger? What makes a Dracthyr Evoker a Dracthyr Evoker?

Hopefully you understand the difference, and get why those mogs and customizations cover the Dark Ranger concept, while silk battlegear does not cover the Dracthyr Evoker concept.
    Clearly wearing a mog suddenly turns wearer into a Dark Ranger.

C'mon bruh.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if we're gonna play the 'they can do it in the future' game then Evoker can also be the last class ever made and they stop here and now, forever. And all future classes are simply gonna be customizations, like the Dark Ranger. The idea of gutting existing classes to make any new class is equally bullshit if we're talking about the unknowable future.
    Yes they could and that's my point.

Coming here and stating X won't happen is silly, especially because of such reasons. You have no idea and even Blizz has no idea either, really.

People need to understand - Blizz can do anything they want literally. Often times they are not even bound by their own lore - they just make one. Let alone some mog.

Coming here and stating X won't happen is silly, especially because of such reasons. You have no idea and even Blizz has no idea either, really.
    Cept no one said 'it won't happen'. We're saying it's fairly unlikely. Big difference.

Like Blizzard literally adding the Wildhammer customizations to Dwarf. Is there a chance that Wildhammer could still become a new Race or Allied race in the future? Sure, it is possible. It's fairly unlikely though, since Blizzard already recognizes the Dwarf customizations as official Wildhammer representation.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-02 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly wearing a mog suddenly turns wearer into a Dark Ranger.

C'mon bruh.
    Again, see post #204. Blizzard had made it quite clear that Dark Rangers are just undead elven Rangers.

You can now play as an undead elven ranger, and that makes you a Dark Ranger.

Coming here and stating X won't happen is silly.
    Good thing I didn't say that. I said that AT THIS POINT the idea of a Dark Ranger as a separate class is dead.

Blizzard would need to start pulling the concept away from the Hunter class (after pushing this connection for years) to change this.

7+ Year Old Account

Next?

Get your facts straight, son. You're whining about something that is not even true.
    And did i say it was on any given patch? i said they got customizations when it was not the time of allied races getting it

But i guess its path of the course to lie and ignore shit to hide the elf bias.

Hmm, maybe you should hold your breath then.
    Wow, telling other people to die, isn't a rly too far just because someone don't share an elf boner? that rly speak volumes and support even further my points.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, see post #204. Blizzard had made it quite clear that Dark Rangers are just undead elven Rangers.

You can now play as an undead elven ranger, and that makes you a Dark Ranger..
    You can't argue with elven people, don't bother, they want the class, despise making no sense to be a thing, and blizzard might as well just make it and exclusive to elves on top of it a few expansions in the future

Wow, telling other people to die, isn't a rly too far just because someone don't share an elf boner? that rly speak volumes and support even further my points.
    The expression means 'don't expect something that might take a long time', if you want to equate it to a real life situation then that's all on you. The most that happens from actually holding your breath is you pass out, not die.

They would obviously add more customizations in the future. They literally opened up a shit ton of cosmetics early on in Shadowlands.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/13/21...lls-void-elves

It's funny how you only want to see Blizzard as focusing on Elves only when many other races got customizations just a couple years back. Wildhammer is literally playable now through customizations, whereas they would otherwise be left out of the picture and people would be waiting indefinitely for an 'Allied Race' that may or may not ever come in the future; like playable Ogres or Naga.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-02 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And did i say it was on any given patch? i said they got customizations when it was not the time of allied races getting it

But i guess its path of the course to lie and ignore shit to hide the elf bias.
    Same patch Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei got extended customizations as well.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...d-improved-you

Do you even read?

---

What a meme. "Elf bias"

Omegalol. I think the only one having elf bias here is you. You can't even see anything else besides elves, probably because you love elves so much - don't care about anything else.

And i don't think most of people not seeing the problem understand that not everyone plays elves, therefore, fanservice should not be done only to one half of the fanbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, after they get tired of adding elf stuff, or when there is no more elf stuff to add they may be out of options and decide to to other races, but even that is doubtful when they can just create new elf options.
    Why not just, you know, make an elf? Most ppl play multiple chars. Make one of them an elf lol.

You can now play as an undead elven ranger, and that makes you a Dark Ranger.

Good thing I didn't say that. I said that AT THIS POINT the idea of a Dark Ranger as a separate class is dead.

Blizzard would need to start pulling the concept away from the Hunter class (after pushing this connection for years) to change this.
    gotta say i agree even though it's disappointing. it's like if paladins had been given "death knight customization" with undead skin and blue eyes and a "death knight transmog set" to pretend they're fallen paladins or something. there's maybe a possibility of dark ranger glyphs/talents for hunters or another spec revamp at some point but i think the standalone class is dead.