Page 1 of 170
... LastLast

Oh Blizzard, how you have fallen (Diablo Immortal).

One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop. My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money. Oh but at a discount, ya know cus they want you to be used to spending money early. Even if it's just a little. Get that taste.

From what I briefly saw of the game and the videos I have seen of others playing Blizzard has doubled down on every predatory, disgusting behaviour that P2W games have. The mental tricks of luring people in with rewards, dailies, small free tastes of what it'd be play to spend money, cheap 1-time only bundles to get you into spending just a little to get the ball rolling, every penny spent is some form of gambling mechanic to get those gambling addicts hooked etc. etc... Every mechanic in the game, every prompt, every action is designed with trying to get the player to spend money ahead of anything else.

Diablo Immortal is everything bad about current-gen games, games whos mechanics are more focused on mental warefare with the player to make as much money as possible and it saddens me than the company and game at the forefront of all these disgusting behavours is both the company and game series that I once loved.

I understand companies exist to make money, but that doesn't excuse disgusting behaviour and these predatory mechanics are exactly that. I just want game companies to be about making good games again. People should spend money on your game because your game is good and they want to support it, not because they was coaxed into spending it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop.
    The game has a lot of details and features so they have to slowly unlock them for you as you progress. Otherwise new players would be overwhelmed by all the information.
    My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money.
    It's just the game letting you know that an option is available.
    From what I briefly saw of the game and the videos I have seen of others playing Blizzard has doubled down on every predatory, disgusting behaviour that P2W games have. The mental tricks of luring people in with rewards, dailies, small free tastes of what it'd be play to spend money, cheap 1-time only bundles to get you into spending just a little to get the ball rolling, every penny spent is some form of gambling mechanic to get those gambling addicts hooked etc. etc... Every mechanic in the game, every prompt, every action is designed with trying to get the player to spend money ahead of anything else.

Diablo Immortal is everything bad about current-gen games, games whos mechanics are more focused on mental warefare with the player to make as much money as possible and it saddens me than the company and game at the forefront of all these disgusting behavours is both the company and game series that I once loved.

I understand companies exist to make money, but that doesn't excuse disgusting behaviour and these predatory mechanics are exactly that. I just want game companies to be about making good games again. People should spend money on your game because your game is good and they want to support it, not because they was coaxed into spending it.
    -It's not a predatory business model. There's nothing unethical about it.
    -Nobody is forced to play and nobody is entitled to their preferred game experience unless they created the game.
    -You can experience most of the game for free.
    -As far as I know F2P players can still achieve almost all of the same things but at a slower rate.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-06-03 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    -It's not a predatory business model. There's nothing unethical about it.
    bobby....stop posting on a fake account

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    bobby....stop posting on a fake account
    exactly what i was thinking lol. like gtfo of here with that bs, you cannot be serious but if you are my friend, I got some really nice car warranty to sell ya.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop. My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money. Oh but at a discount, ya know cus they want you to be used to spending money early. Even if it's just a little. Get that taste.
    Which is nothing new for a mobile game. However you do get a reward for clearing the first dungeon it just also advertises a "new player" bundle. Does it have to be there? Nope. But not really anything new if you've played mobile games before. Also are you by chance confusing the bundle with the "daily reward" in the shop? This just seems like a rant about "Current-gen" games when DI isn't even a current gen. It is a mobile game which haven't really had any kind of "generation" to them.

Just come to terms you aren't the target audience and move on. There really isn't a need to rant about it unless you want to be the target audience but also don't want to spend the money.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

honestly gameplay is pretty good
    and i think i expected ANY mobile game to be a shameless whale oriented cash grab so im not that mad about it

it actually looks like a fun game. obviously being a f2p mobile game, it will be p2w or pay-2-speeduprewards... how are people surprised (or appaled) by this?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are these ultra predatory practices that are being used?

Played about an hour or so. It is a much better game than Diablo 2. It feels on par with D3 when it was first released. Hopefully the endgame grind is alot less grindy if i throw some money at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Net ease developed it in part so theres your explanation for the microtransaction part being heavy. Still its on you to not engage the game if it truly bothers you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop. My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money.
    no you got many other rewards for completing your first dungeon, what it is mentioning is the unlock of a bundle that contains resources you have just now obtained for the first time by doing that dungeon.

also this isnt even really blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Man how times have changed. A decade ago Blizzard were raked over the coals for including RMAH in release D3. Now in 2022 people defend even worse MTX practices, incredible stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also this isnt even really blizzard.
    Blizzard are the publisher and co-developer of this game, so it is very much Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Blizzard are the publisher and co-developer of this game, so it is very much Blizzard.
    With Netease, which you left out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    With Netease, which you left out.
    I did write "co-developer". I didn't feel it necessary to mention who the other developer is seeing as I was talking about Blizzard.

Today on why is this free to play mobile game a free to play mobile game....

Diablo Immortal a free to play mobile game acting like a free to play mobile game HOW DARE THEY

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just amazed that every 5 minutes some villain shows up to monologue and doomsay. I cant believe enough peoples first exposure to diablo was d3 and now this is what diablo is to them. I can't believe I thought this series was redeemable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    honestly gameplay is pretty good
    and i think i expected ANY mobile game to be a shameless whale oriented cash grab so im not that mad about it
    Wyatt Cheng?? Is that you buddy?

Yes I have a phone btw.
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2022-06-03 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Words

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    it actually looks like a fun game. obviously being a f2p mobile game, it will be p2w or pay-2-speeduprewards... how are people surprised (or appaled) by this?
    Yeah, it's 2022 and people are still appalled by them, you'd think we've probably gotten numb to these things by this point with how many times game companies do this... Even Nintendo is guilty of this. (Mario Kart Mobile). Such is the nature of Free to Play games, it's "Free" but they need to make money off it somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Immortal is not exactly my thing but I can say it's perfectly crafted for a casual mobile audience without being too dumbed down or overbearing with MTX. The last big mobile release of its caliber was Genshin.

Resident Cosplay Progressive