Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We as players enable this to keep happening. I don't fault Blizzard and other companies to benefit from our complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post

-It's not a predatory business model. There's nothing unethical about it.
    The game is illegal in Belgium and the Netherlands because those countries do consider the business model predatory and unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    We as players enable this to keep happening. I don't fault Blizzard and other companies to benefit from our complacency.
    What do you mean...end of the day the MMO Champion audience isnt playing this in mass...China is obviously a big audience also the mostly casual phone gamers as many as there are doing it. Add in a handful of whales who drop tons of cash at once and I ask again what are "we as players" gonna do to stop mobile gaming?

Bitch on forums? Those folks ain't there. Scream about it on Twitter...they ain't there either

10+ Year Old Account
    Suppose I'm lucky being from the Netherlands I can't even play it

But from what I've read it sounds fucking crap anyway and looks like a cheap Diablo 3 clone so why bother.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The game has a lot of details and features so they have to slowly unlock them for you as you progress. Otherwise new players would be overwhelmed by all the information.

It's just the game letting you know that an option is available.

-Nobody is forced to play and nobody is entitled to their preferred game experience unless they created the game.
    -You can experience most of the game for free.
    -As far as I know F2P players can still achieve almost all of the same things but at a slower rate.
    Blink twice if you are in trouble

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game has a lot of details and features so they have to slowly unlock them for you as you progress. Otherwise new players would be overwhelmed by all the information.

It's just the game letting you know that an option is available.

-Nobody is forced to play and nobody is entitled to their preferred game experience unless they created the game.
    -You can experience most of the game for free.
    -As far as I know F2P players can still achieve almost all of the same things but at a slower rate.
    Maybe you are immune to it all, but not everyone is.

Open your eyes, as it is, you are blind.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    bobby....stop posting on a fake account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    exactly what i was thinking lol. like gtfo of here with that bs, you cannot be serious but if you are my friend, I got some really nice car warranty to sell ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    Wyatt Cheng?? Is that you buddy?

Yes I have a phone btw.
    Ah yes, the "You don't agree with my take, so you must clearly be a Blizzard plant" arguement. It's an effort in futility to both argue it, and argue against it.

You can't justifiably prove that they are a plant, and they can't change your mind otherwise, because to do so would undermine your arguement.

Why is it people always do this kind of behavior? Do you realise that people can, will, and do have different thoughts and opinions on the same subject matter as you?

For example; The vast majority of the internet seems to believe that Rick and Morty is the greatest show to bless the world, meanwhile, I personally consider it to be shallow humor thinly veiled by mediocre drawing. I fail to see the appeal.

If you don't accept anecdotal evidence, then let us look at any voting procedure ever. Has there ever been a situation where the vote was 100% in favor of one thing? No? I didn't think so.

From what little I've played of D:I is that it's alright. I intend to play more to flesh out my opinion of it, but as far as it's monetary side goes, I honestly expected worse from it, such as having a limited time to play ala Genshin Impact's Resin mechanic, that you could overcome with monetary purchases.

So far, I have only seen advances in power which can also be obtained just by playing the game. A pass for the lazy or those with deep pockets, but not at all nessecary.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

its not predatory, its p2w, stop bsing how it can be played for free, we all know thats an illusion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    The game is illegal in Belgium and the Netherlands because those countries do consider the business model predatory and unethical.
    Half right.

It's illegal because lootboxes are akin to remote gambling, which is also illegal. Not because of 'predatory and unethical' business models.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    What do you mean...end of the day the MMO Champion audience isnt playing this in mass...China is obviously a big audience also the mostly casual phone gamers as many as there are doing it. Add in a handful of whales who drop tons of cash at once and I ask again what are "we as players" gonna do to stop mobile gaming?

Bitch on forums? Those folks ain't there. Scream about it on Twitter...they ain't there either
    Gotta start somewhere. Don't download it. Incentivize people that share the same sentiment not to even bothering to install. etc.

Excusing it on "Can't do anything, other people will" is a sure way to keep things the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop. My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money. Oh but at a discount, ya know cus they want you to be used to spending money early. Even if it's just a little. Get that taste.

From what I briefly saw of the game and the videos I have seen of others playing Blizzard has doubled down on every predatory, disgusting behaviour that P2W games have. The mental tricks of luring people in with rewards, dailies, small free tastes of what it'd be play to spend money, cheap 1-time only bundles to get you into spending just a little to get the ball rolling, every penny spent is some form of gambling mechanic to get those gambling addicts hooked etc. etc... Every mechanic in the game, every prompt, every action is designed with trying to get the player to spend money ahead of anything else.

Diablo Immortal is everything bad about current-gen games, games whos mechanics are more focused on mental warefare with the player to make as much money as possible and it saddens me than the company and game at the forefront of all these disgusting behavours is both the company and game series that I once loved.

I understand companies exist to make money, but that doesn't excuse disgusting behaviour and these predatory mechanics are exactly that. I just want game companies to be about making good games again. People should spend money on your game because your game is good and they want to support it, not because they was coaxed into spending it.
    They've been doing this with wow subs for 10 years bro...

Gotta start somewhere. Don't download it. Incentivize people that share the same sentiment not to even bothering to install. etc.

Excusing it on "Can't do anything, other people will" is a sure way to keep things the same way.
    ....yeah and no one outside the circle cares reality outside of people who have problems anyway and parents who don't understand not to give their kids free reign of their credit cards there isn't a problem. They do make regular normal fucking games too

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....yeah and no one outside the circle cares reality outside of people who have problems anyway and parents who don't understand not to give their kids free reign of their credit cards there isn't a problem. They do make regular normal fucking games too
    Perhaps focus on those instead. Support the companies that focus on them and don't support the companies that are predatory ghouls. It's really not that difficult.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Half right.

It's illegal because lootboxes are akin to remote gambling, which is also illegal. Not because of 'predatory and unethical' business models.
    Implying that enticing children to gamble is an ethical and altruistic business practice

Lol predatory. Good lord. It is not. You’re not forced to pay money. If you don’t like it go play something else you cheap asses. So much entitlement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Don't they still allow Roblox? So it isn't exactly a predatory or unethical business model that is the problem but only specific things that have had legal rulings.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The game is shallow trash with a strong emphasis on presentation and making it as easy as possible to play to mask it all.

The game pretty much plays itself.

Combat is ability spam. You don't even really need to aim, since it's auto lock on you can just press the button. As long as you keep abilities on CD, it's only possible to lose if you're a total idiot.

They tell you exactly where to go and what to do pretty much at all times.

Gearing consists of equipping stuff with a green arrow on it and upgrading gems/gear when you can.

This game is actual rat in a maze garbage with all the worst aspects of game monetization and designed to milk addicts and whales.

And they turned Diablo into a cheap theme park.

Company has completely traded its soul for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Half right.

Are you retarded? The reason it is banned is that gambling itself is a predatorial thing. JFC lol you explain why it's illegal, then in the very next sentence contract your first sentence. lol

Perhaps focus on those instead. Support the companies that focus on them and don't support the companies that are predatory ghouls. It's really not that difficult.
    So basically only buy indie games? Cause every single major game company does this in some way. Capcom, Square Enix, Nintendo, Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft, Bandai Namco (who From Software is under), Bethesda, I can keep going

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    Wyatt Cheng?? Is that you buddy?

Yes I have a phone btw.
    He is right though. You may not like it, I do not like it, but that is 95% of free to play mobile games so shouldnt be a shock.