Page 4 of 170 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is nothing new for a mobile game. However you do get a reward for clearing the first dungeon it just also advertises a "new player" bundle. Does it have to be there? Nope. But not really anything new if you've played mobile games before. Also are you by chance confusing the bundle with the "daily reward" in the shop? This just seems like a rant about "Current-gen" games when DI isn't even a current gen. It is a mobile game which haven't really had any kind of "generation" to them.

Just come to terms you aren't the target audience and move on. There really isn't a need to rant about it unless you want to be the target audience but also don't want to spend the money.
    This is the epitome of "dont ever give feedback, just live with how things are and get abused by everyone around you".

If you dont speak up when you see things you dont like you are a sheep.

Blizzard took a huge nosedive with the announcement of diablo immortal and they need to know now again that they fucked up.

p2w does not make for good game experiences. No matter the target audience. You can bet your ass that neither my daughter or my son will have any of these games on their tablets. So even if they are the target audience, they wont be playing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    There are much worse games.
    What people expect from blizzard today vs what we used to expect. Rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not even Blizzard's work.. Haha... It is NetEase.. Diablo Immortal is a joke, a cheap project to deploy until Diablo 4.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think the shocking thing about this is that people are shocked.. When they announced this shitfest of a game, this was literally one of the questions asked by the audience.. So.. We all knew what it would be

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I just want game companies to be about making good games again. People should spend money on your game because your game is good and they want to support it, not because they was coaxed into spending it.
    Unfortunately for us, corporate POV is savage. It's pure math.
    If game sells, then it provides X money.
    If you add MTX and social engineering to "coax into spending", then it provides (X+Y).

(X+Y) > X.

Also, achievable income that is not executed is treated as a loss. So why earn X when you can earn (X+Y). OFC many people won't use MTX and they will provide just X or no income at all (in case of F2P). But there ALWAYS be people who will use MTX and they will provide (X+Y).

In case of F2P, all corporate income comes from Y. So no wonder that Y-generating mechanism are so common and heavily interwoven into gameplay. Which is met with disapproval, which gets us to square one.

I can only hope that more countries will follow The Netherlands and Belgium to get these games banned

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I can only hope that more countries will follow The Netherlands and Belgium to get these games banned
    It's going to happen in one form or another. Just this week, consumer organizations in 20 European nations recently published a paper discussing the predatory nature of lootboxes (it's called Insert Coin if you want to read it). They don't recommend outright banning lootboxes but very strictly regulating them and the business practices they're based on.

The EU is looking into banning lootboxes. So you might get your wish.
    Since it is the EU it will not be for the near future though. But it would force games like these to rethink their model if they care about the EU marketshare.
    If they focus on other markets like China they won't.

Is it Pay to win or Pay to make things easier?
    If Theres a way to track if a player have bought anything beneficial with irl money, it would be possible to make a legit leaderboard.
    Then i wouldnt mind that some players wanna Pay extra to shorten their game experience.

it is pretty stupid and ridiculous, not something i'm interested in

I hope people realise you have to pay for free games if this happens. Just FYI.
    Feels like there will be lots of complaints that things should still be free
    Error 404 - Signature not found

whoah some people here have serious issues, it's a game... just enjoy it or drop it.

Since it's announcement people have either strongly ignored it or shit on it.

So don't tell me that expectations were high. I've played a few hours and I am level 37, the game is very enjoyable for now. I haven't spent a dime on it and not planning on doing so.

Just play and have fun
    Last edited by Skildar; 2022-06-03 at 02:53 PM.

It's gonna make them loads of cash that's for sure. Especially with the western streamers that were making fun of the monetazation system just 5 mins before release now making content out of how much money they're spending on it

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Is it Pay to win or Pay to make things easier?
    If Theres a way to track if a player have bought anything beneficial with irl money, it would be possible to make a legit leaderboard.
    Then i wouldnt mind that some players wanna Pay extra to shorten their game experience.
    You get items and gems that vastly increase your power in d: immortal. So yes its highly pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I hope people realise you have to pay for free games if this happens. Just FYI.
    Feels like there will be lots of complaints that things should still be free
    You do? How does games like League of legends, dota and so forth still run then?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You do? How does games like League of legends, dota and so forth still run then?
    Because of lootboxes and mtx...?

They also have a healthy e-sport scene. And yeah, very few games will be free because they think they gonna be a huge e-sport game. Especially a mobile game. Imagine pitching that.

Take note I'm not making an argument that games should have these things, just saying that the reason why free games exists is because others pay for you.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-06-03 at 07:31 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    The game is shallow trash with a strong emphasis on presentation and making it as easy as possible to play to mask it all.

The game pretty much plays itself.

Combat is ability spam. You don't even really need to aim, since it's auto lock on you can just press the button. As long as you keep abilities on CD, it's only possible to lose if you're a total idiot.

They tell you exactly where to go and what to do pretty much at all times.

Gearing consists of equipping stuff with a green arrow on it and upgrading gems/gear when you can.

This game is actual rat in a maze garbage with all the worst aspects of game monetization and designed to milk addicts and whales.

And they turned Diablo into a cheap theme park.

Company has completely traded its soul for money.
    You literally just described D3 aswell there. So not sure why this came as a surprise to you, as Immortal is pretty much just D3 in mobile format.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

They also have a healthy e-sport scene. And yeah, very few games will be free because they think they gonna be a huge e-sport game. Especially a mobile game. Imagine pitching that.

Take note I'm not making an argument that games should have these things, just saying that the reason why free games exists is because others pay for you.
    Not all microtransactions are lootboxes, first of all.

And secondly, nothing wrong with there being fewer free games if it means the whole market is cleaner and more consumer friendly. The appstores are flooded with copies of copies of copies of games because of these business models, if the market is shifted towards pay to play, it'll probably look more like Steam, still with a ton of stuff (a lot of crap too, admitedly), but people won't download just anything, reviews will become more important, and games will have to provide at least a few hours of convincing gameplay to prevent refunds.

Everything is free in the game.

The shop is there only for people who want to compete and competition is always costly. Whats wrong with you? have you thought you are playing a game designed by a nonprofit company or charity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    The game is shallow trash with a strong emphasis on presentation and making it as easy as possible to play to mask it all.

The game pretty much plays itself.

Combat is ability spam. You don't even really need to aim, since it's auto lock on you can just press the button. As long as you keep abilities on CD, it's only possible to lose if you're a total idiot.

They tell you exactly where to go and what to do pretty much at all times.

Gearing consists of equipping stuff with a green arrow on it and upgrading gems/gear when you can.

This game is actual rat in a maze garbage with all the worst aspects of game monetization and designed to milk addicts and whales.

And they turned Diablo into a cheap theme park.

Company has completely traded its soul for money.
    ? The game has substantial depth when it comes to itemization. Are you surprised that while leveling you are mostly spending your time equipping upgrades? You will be choosing legendaries, sets and gems when you get at max.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it on PC and it was totally ok for me. I played other games on mobile, that were 'free to play' with cashshop and they all were much more intrusive in showing the shop or make me buy something to progress. That's when I stopped playing these games because there was no more progress in the game without buying something.
    I thought it would be much worse in Diablo Immortal then it is right now.

I understand people complaining about cashshops, but I think everybody (<- really everybody) must stop or boycott every game with cashshop to make that trend go away. It's probably to late for that anyway.

What I really don't understand is why people want everything in a short amount of time. I remember times when games were good if they took many hours to play and progress slowly. But I'm probably to old to understand the hectic world of today and the need and greed for having everything instantly.

Btw where are the lootboxes? I looked through the shop for a bit and I don't think I saw anything that was random. There were cosmetics, crafting mats and bundles.

Are people considering the crests lootboxes now? Because the randomness comes from what the rift can drop, not from the purchase and you can also acquire crests in game without paying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    I played it on PC and it was totally ok for me. I played other games on mobile, that were 'free to play' with cashshop and they all were much more intrusive in showing the shop or make me buy something to progress. That's when I stopped playing these games because there was no more progress in the game without buying something.
    I thought it would be much worse in Diablo Immortal then it is right now.

I understand people complaining about cashshops, but I think everybody (<- really everybody) must stop or boycott every game with cashshop to make that trend go away. It's probably to late for that anyway.

What I really don't understand is why people want everything in a short amount of time. I remember times when games were good if they took many hours to play and progress slowly. But I'm probably to old to understand the hectic world of today and the need and greed for having everything instantly.
    Yeah, far too many people seem to play games entirely for the rewards and not for gameplay. And I get it with WoW because of Sunk Cost fallacy but with random games you just pick up???

It used to be that games had grinds for rewards but it was OK because you naturally enjoyed the gameplay so you did not mind the grind. Where has that gone?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-03 at 07:53 AM.