Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's great for a mobile game. Will keep me entertained during travels.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    This is the attitude that will ensure more predatory practices will continue to grow in the gaming industry.
    Yeah cool, I have this attitude towards these types of People in any industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yeah cool, I have this attitude towards these types of People in any industry.
    "These kind of people", allright. If you refuse to see the social issues with this and gambling(as one related example), you are ignorant at best.

There is indeed aggressive monetization
    However I've been playing the game for hours and enjoying myself without having had to pay yet. Oh it's tempting but it doesn't feel necessary just yet. The game absolutely seems pay to win if you want to be competitive at endgame but if all you want is to spend some time killing demons and zombies, it's great fun for no cost.

Seen a video which calculated 100k+ €$ to BiS gear a character. Ähem yeah, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Not available in the Netherlands though, the use of loot box gambling is considered illegal here
    How is this different from the Hearthstone packages? You never know what you get there either.

As I'm soon on vacation with limited data.
    Or to pass the time on a plane. My question would be.

How much data usage per hour?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Seen a video which calculated 100k+ €$ to BiS gear a character. Ähem yeah, good luck with that.
    Maybe if you never play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    Is this where all the poor people will whine about having to purchase things in game? Like mobile gaming is a new thing lol.
    I play a lot on mobile, but I specifically only play games that have a purchase price and don't have MTX. One-off expansions and unlockables are fine, but no in-game currency. There's more of them than you'd think, usually in the premium section of your respective storefront. Lots of indies you could buy on Steam as well, and a TON of oldies, especially in the JRPG genre.

Mobile is a pretty damn decent platform which is being ruined by all the "free" games.

15+ Year Old Account
    And lets not pretend this is how its supposed to be. There was a time were you bought a game and got.. the game. Now you buy (or get for free) a game were you should pay infinite amount of money to get most out of it.
    You still buy a game and get a game. Or you get a game for free and can play for free. Just because micro transactions exist doesn't mean you don't still buy the game. Also the past had more expansions that you had to pay for that were basically just DLCs. Or you never got any new content for the games. Gambling addiction is certainly an issue but that still has nothing to do with you not being the target audience and the people who will keep playing being the target audience per your post. Lol.

You also were not speaking out about predatory practices in the gaming industry but simply said the people that will keep playing will be the target audience. Isn't it strange how you move the goal posts to other problems as if it changes the "duh" of your original comment?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You still buy a game and get a game. Or you get a game for free and can play for free. Just because micro transactions exist doesn't mean you don't still buy the game. Also the past had more expansions that you had to pay for that were basically just DLCs. Or you never got any new content for the games. Gambling addiction is certainly an issue but that still has nothing to do with you not being the target audience and the people who will keep playing being the target audience per your post. Lol.

You also were not speaking out about predatory practices in the gaming industry but simply said the people that will keep playing will be the target audience. Isn't it strange how you move the goal posts to other problems as if it changes the "duh" of your original comment?
    Thats true, you never got any new content for the games back in the day because... Back then you got the whole game on day one. Amazing huh? DLCs is quite different than what Diablo Immortal presents you in the shop. It quite literally got nothing to do with it.

DLCs give you more of the same game. More content, more playtime. I have literally no idea whatsoever why you even bother to aligne that with microtransactions like this.

If you cant comprehend the similarities between gambling and the predatory monitisation going on in the gaming industry, I really dont know what to say.

Also, you dont need to gamble in order to find the gambling industry unhealthy. You dont need to play these cashgrab-p2w-predatory scam games either in order to think its unhealthy for many, many gamers out there. But then again, if you cant think outside of yourself as many here do, then whats the point?

7+ Year Old Account
    only disapointment i have with it so far personally is i cant play it continually. i have it on the pc. it has full controller support. i was able to play for about 5 minutes before it crashed. now it crashes at server login. it was fun from what i could see and i hope they fix it. apparently a lot of people are having this issue. so heres hoping. ill try it again tonight.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats true, you never got any new content for the games back in the day because... Back then you got the whole game on day one. Amazing huh? DLCs is quite different than what Diablo Immortal presents you in the shop. It quite literally got nothing to do with it.
    What you keep calling "not the whole game" simply wouldn't have existed. Strange, right? The Sims in 2000 had multiple expansions which are the equivalent to micro transactions and DLC. DLC doesn't have anything to do with the DI shop. You are right on that regard so why do you keep bringing them up? Again, strange right? You admit it has nothing to do with this mobile game but you are the one that keeps referencing them.

Of course many struggle with gambling addiction. That still has nothing to do with your original comment of saying only the target audience will keep playing the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What you keep calling "not the whole game" simply wouldn't have existed. Strange, right? The Sims in 2000 had multiple expansions which are the equivalent to micro transactions and DLC. DLC doesn't have anything to do with the DI shop. You are right on that regard so why do you keep bringing them up? Again, strange right? You admit it has nothing to do with this mobile game but you are the one that keeps referencing them.

Of course many struggle with gambling addiction. That still has nothing to do with your original comment of saying only the target audience will keep playing the game.
    What are you even talking about? Games were made before with the intention of everything related to the game being there from the get go. Could many games have more? Of course they could, thats besides the point. one could argue every game ever made could have had more content.

DLCs, while better, was the early start of where we are today. Slowly but steadily, we are where we are now. DLCs are part of that evolution. Thats why its important to keep that in mind when we look at what games are today.

The target audience with DI is obvious - people that are more than willingly spending money on it. Aslong as people defend this practice, this is the kind of games we are going to see more and more of. With worse and worse practices all over.

Why you are even inclined to defend this in any shape nor form, I have no idea. How this makes it better for gamers is beyond me.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about? Games were made before with the intention of everything related to the game being there from the get go. Could many games have more? Of course they could, thats besides the point. one could argue every game ever made could have had more content.
    It isn't besides the point. Very few games are released as unfinished and requiring you to buy things that normally would have been included for free. You keep trying to push a narrative that doesn't exist. Games just wouldn't have had the things from micro transactions or they would have been sold as an expansion or sequel.

As long as people defend this practice, this is the kind of games we are going to see more and more of. With worse and worse practices all over.
    Diablo Immortal is hardly anything new in terms of monetization. It isn't even close to being the worse. And as you said it is just the evolution of gaming from Expansions and Sequels back in the day that gave us things that likely could have been in the base game. I've actually never defend it being pay to win or heavy monetization in games. You again shift the goal posts in order to give yourself some moral superiority. Remember this stemmed from me basically saying "Duh" to your original comment. You were just looking for some reason to rant and rave about the evils of gaming.

However I am perfectly fine with micro transactions because I have self control and can choose what to consume. Also in the case of DI I can enjoy it for free. Would I prefer there to be no pay to win? Sure. But I've also paid thousands over the years to play WoW and I am guessing so have you.

Not available in my country so good luck with making money Blizz.

So glad I have enough intelligence to stay away from whale hunting mobile games like this.

But judging by the comments here, there are still plenty of tools and Blizzard shills defending this dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    It's really sad to see such a comment about a phone game filled with predatory P2W tactics (Yeah, even if you played for a while and didn't "feel" it this way, look at any of the videos online talking about how P2W this game is, because right now it's one of the worst offenders around) compared to a game that changed the genre and is still considered a masterpiece and played by a lot of people 20 years after. Even the remaster has no mtx involved.

Saying this game is "much better" than diablo 2 is straight trolling.

Noone says you can't enjoy this new game, and you are free to dislike D2 too. Diablo 2 is surely a game from another era, and some aspects are indeed way too old. But come on...

No wonder why things degenerated so much since then.
    The flow and the micro management is surely better than D2.

And it’s just “thanks god” since 25 years has passed.

I’m replaying D2 with a Sorceress and it’s just 100% pita. You have to drink every 10 seconds and port to sell stuff or buy potions every 5 minutes or so. Not to count deaths and the gold you lose.

If you were there it’s good enough but if you come to D2 after years of D3 it will be quite the nightmare. No wonder someone may prefer DI.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine drank the kool-aid and was telling me about how awesome it was, I even almost tried it myself.
    Just a few minutes ago I received a text: "actually nvm, dont even bother ... endgame is built for whales"

I think a lot of people commenting here have not reached endgame, since the predatory monetization goes from ok to bad very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    The flow and the micro management is surely better than D2.

And it’s just “thanks god” since 25 years has passed.

I’m replaying D2 with a Sorceress and it’s just 100% pita. You have to drink every 10 seconds and port to sell stuff or buy potions every 5 minutes or so. Not to count deaths and the gold you lose.

If you were there it’s good enough but if you come to D2 after years of D3 it will be quite the nightmare. No wonder someone may prefer DI.
    Again, i said i can understand someone preffer it.

He straight said its much better

I had a blast playing d2r and now again playing ladder. I uninstalled this shameless cashgrab in about half an hour. Come on....

Diablo 2 is still a 20 year old game anyway, ofc there have been QoL improvements in that period, but it still was revolutionary at its time. And did everything right.

Thats why D2 is a legend and this DI will never reach anything like that, imho. Which doesnt mean it cant be enjoyed, and i agreee it has some good ideas. But again, come on...
    Last edited by Shigma; 2022-06-03 at 07:11 PM.

However I am perfectly fine with micro transactions because I have self control and can choose what to consume.
    Good for you, but defending bad decisions just because they don't hurt you personally is still bad. As if you're defending a sexual predator but you're not personally targeted so it's okay in your eyes. No, it isn't.

The fact is the game is taking advantage of people, there is no denying that. They want to get you hooked and use gambling practises to sway you and get you addicted and make you spend a lot of money. Gaming should be about gaming itself, it shouldn't be a gateway into a gambling addiction. It shouldn't be a tool like that, a cover up.

Blizzard made this game with gambling practises in mind before they even did any of the game mechanics. Why do I know this? Because of the graph a while back stating how much money there is in mobile gaming and why Blizzard should move towards it. There is money to be made in mobile gaming since a lot of these games have such gambling practices. So that's what Blizzard went for, it's all intentional. The game itself is just a nice front to get you to gamble.

That is wrong on so many levels. And it's good some are speaking out against it. Bad behaviour should be punished. Games like this (and not just Diablo Immortal, a LOT of mobile games and even some PC games are like this) should be banned worldwide and the practice should be fought.