Poll: Should Lordaeron City be a neutral place?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You sound like you're about to go to court and sue Blizzard over that.

The fact is that Blizzard has decided that in their lore, their game, the Horde alone now owns Tirisfal Glades, once again.
    "Sue"? Over what?

Last I checked, the revamped Ruins of Lordaeron don't function as any kind of capital hub. They are not even a quest hub like Lakeshire. If you count them as a city then Telogrus Rift is a city too.

Besides, what Blizzard has decided is irrelevant to my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i mean forsaken are literaly lordaeronians, they are the people who lived (and died and lived again) there, surely it belong to them by right...
    Exactly and they created the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I was hoping for Blizzard to do that, but to Silvermoon instead.
    Exactly. So many derelict places that can be refurbished into hangouts for specific covenants. And rather than making them centralized capitals, Blizzard should instead provide several hubs per covenant, some shared, some singular, all across Azeroth. Adding ships, zeppelins and extra fast flight paths between them so players actually start using these places for transit, populating the world again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naturally, no. It's territory of Lordaeron, it belongs to the Citzens of Lordaeron. Night Elven and Void Elven Dark Rangers have no rights to enter it, since they are Alliance.

Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Sure, Horde can't force humans to stay there, unless they want another faction war, which seem unlikely. From Alliance PoV, I'd like to see more of gilnean expansion in northern EK for once, since we've been following regular humans for most of time and it's getting really old.

Argent Crusade is neutral organisation which does not have hostile relations with Forsaken. It also have members of other races, thalassians and undead as wrll, so it's not pure human kingdom too.
    Sure the Argents have let everyone join. Their core is still people from Lordaeron. Most of their land comes from claims of Lordaeron nobles that either were or still are members.

Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Simple as.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Night Elves will grow a new world tree from that winter queen seed in the new cinematic, and horde will reclaim undercity. I imagine Lordaeron will get some new aesthetics, and the new Night elf tree will look a lot like Ardenweald.
    I hope the new city will be a combination of Upper- and Undercity

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Simple as.
    But, shouldn't those rights extend to the Alliance-aligned Forsaken too, who have now joined the ranks of the Ren'dorei? Don't you think Sylvanas' words could be interpreted that way too?

And before you say "No, they are not Forsaken anymore because they defected", actually Before the Storm called the neutral priest Alonsus Faol a "Forsaken", which means that you don't need to be part of the Horde to be a "Forsaken".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think it should become neutral, but it should have a small neutral area with an Alliance embassy. It only makes sense, given that the Alliance is helping them reclaim the city and one of their new leaders is pretty neutral herself. A place that Alliance can show up to have free and open discussion, with a diplomat there at all times, just fits.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2022-06-03 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But, shouldn't those rights extend to the Alliance-aligned Forsaken too, who have now joined the ranks of the Ren'dorei? Don't you think Sylvanas' words could be interpreted that way too?

And before you say "No, they are not Forsaken anymore because they defected", actually Before the Storm called the neutral priest Alonsus Faol a "Forsaken", which means that you don't need to be part of the Horde to be a "Forsaken".
    No, Good Queen Calia has removed all lifeoids from the premises. She'll promise to table the motion to allow them on the grounds of Lordaeron Keep around the same time the Forsaken leave their inexplicably reconquered Gilneas, which should be around the time Blizzard pull the plug on the servers.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-06-03 at 02:39 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can I say how funny I find it that I was clicking on different Forsaken NPCs in new Brill to be greeted with "For the Banshee Queen!", "Dark Lady watch over you."?
    Noticed the same thing. Clearly an oversight and an annoying one as I think its lazy. Even voss says: no more banshee queen in the questline.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-03 at 02:49 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I don't think it should become neutral, but it should have a small neutral area with an Alliance embassy. It only makes sense, given that the Alliance is helping them reclaim the city and one of their new leaders is pretty neutral herself. A place that Alliance can show up to have free and open discussion, with a diplomat there at all times, just fits.
    That would honestly just confirm and justify more skepticism towards Calia, who had made an effort to distinguish herself from the Alliance to be seen as herself and not an agent or a crazed like her brother.

If there is an Alliance Embassy it should occur through normal diplomatic means rather than 'Gen sent spies which decided to help you, so we demand audience in your politics'

- - - Updated - - -

That is true to an extent. I think the point of Calia's discussion in Maldraxxus is to introduce several ideas. One of those is redefining their 'race' as a more general shared experience of undeath and losing your home in life.

But the Forsaken faction being more open to other types of undead doesn't mean they'll blur the line as a government body. It's far from a neutral faction if they only accept the Horde and other undead willing to work with them and the Horde.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2022-06-03 at 03:17 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I also wonder if Calia will push to use plague eaters on other blighted lands, like Gilneas and Southshore.

Gilneas is certainly going to be retaken by the Alliance, it will be possibly a gesture of good will from Forsaken to leave the place and possibly clean it of Blight.

Southshore, however, can be different case. Alliance would like to resettle it I guess. It makes sense, since it is just between Gilneas and recently rebuilded Stromgarde... TBH, I'd really like to see both worgen and Forsaken increase their activities in northern EK, building new settlements and restoring their own old kingdoms.

Let humans stay south in Stormwind.
    I havent payed much attention to gilneas in game as of late, are there even npcs there besides a couple at the broken entrance? Calling back troops and use the knowledge of shadowlands as we saw in 9.2.5 I could see faranell also perfect hes craft and might be able to get rid of blight much more efficient, but thats speculation. I think Gilneas is a very well made city and deserves to be given back to the alliance imo.

Southshore is forgettable imo.. couple buildings and a dock that leads to nothing, would that really be worth the hasstle? Why not use more land on Gilneas lands and actually install some docks there and use them. Even kul tiras could help with boats there.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-03 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as we know, the Void elves will receive Dark Ranger customization options in 9.2.5 This means that, storywise, a portion of Dark Rangers that once served Sylvanas and the Forsaken, have defected to the Alliance. For many years, Horde players denied the Alliance any right to Lordaeron on the basis that all those who stayed to defend Lordaeron were now in the Horde (Forsaken).

However, now the Alliance has a new claim to Lordaeron, thanks to the aforementioned Dark Rangers who have joined the ranks of the Ren'dorei, and will be playable in 9.2.5.

We also know that High King Turalyon seeks to reclaim former holdings of the Alliance, after the success at Stromgarde, and Lordaeron City would count as a former holding (and former capital) of the Alliance.

Is it fair that Lordaeron remains in the hands of the Horde, when a portion of those who died defending it are now in the Alliance? I believe that Calia should simply share Lordaeron with the Alliance, after all it is only fair that those Dark Rangers would have the option to visit Lordaeron, even though they personally aligned more with the Alliance's ideals than the Horde's.
    I'd rather see Stratholme rebuilt and together with the Argent Dawn, kept in neutral control for the Humans and Forsaken that wish to still remain together. Without dominating Forsaken building design.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

No they are no longer Forsaken. If they wanted to be a part of the Forsaken they wouldn't have joined the alliance.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    That would honestly just confirm and justify more skepticism towards Calia, who had made an effort to distinguish herself from the Alliance to be seen as herself and not an agent or a crazed like her brother.

If there is an Alliance Embassy it should occur through normal diplomatic means rather than 'Gen sent spies which decided to help you, so we demand audience in your politics'

- - - Updated - - -

That is true. I think the point of Calia's discussion in Maldraxxus is to introduce several ideas. One of those is redefining their 'race' as a more general shared experience of undeath and losing your home in life.

But the Forsaken faction being more open to other types of undead doesn't mean they'll blur the line as a government body. It's far from a neutral faction if they only accept the Horde and other undead willing to work with them and the Horde.
    The forsaken are literally a collection of multiple undead now and the new councils point is to give those a voice. Thats the whole point of the council, but they are still forsaken and forsaken are part of the horde. Doesnt mean void elves have any say in this...

Stratholme is cool, but it looks like that just a never ending burning city;(

3+ Year Old Account
    No, it's the other way around; the neutral Lordaeronians in the Argent Crusade should join the Forsaken and be Horde instead

the Forsaken are their people and the Blood Elves were their allies; helping them in case of Alliance attack should be their penance for Garithos' actions towards the Blood Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    If Egypt fell to a zombie apocalypse, Brazil can't just go there and 'reclaim' it. It's not theirs.

That's how I see Lordaeron. It belongs to Lordaeron citizens even though they are undead
    If Mongolia fell to a zombie apocalypse, and as well as Russia's Tuva, Buriyat, Vladivostok and Khabarovsk; Taiwan can go there and reclaim it. It's theirs according to their claims.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The forsaken are literally a collection of multiple undead now and the new councils point is to give those a voice. Thats the whole point of the council, but they are still forsaken and forsaken are part of the horde. Doesnt mean void elves have any say in this...

Stratholme is cool, but it looks like that just a never ending burning city;(
    I edited my comment to make what you said here more clear in my original statement. As a race they're more inclusive but as a faction they're not.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'd rather see Stratholme rebuilt and together with the Argent Dawn, kept in neutral control for the Humans and Forsaken that wish to still remain together. Without dominating Forsaken building design.
    my idea is to make the Argent Dawn/Crusade Lordaeronians become the "Silver Covenant of the Horde" and join the Horde with perhaps Stratholme as a neutral area like the Sunwell whereas Alliance and Horde Paladins could make pilgrimages there like how High Elves and Blood Elves could make pilgrimages in the Sunwell
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.