• Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    **UPDATE**

I have clicked "Yes" to the contract multiple times since 9.2.5 launched and have subsequently been toxic* nonstop in the game and nothing has happened to me.

Not sure if this is relevant, I have also ended every toxic exchange with "lol j/k"

*Blizzard's description of "toxic" as described in social contract.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Exit game, companies that want to control freedom of speech is sick!
    Gaming was build on people being able to be or do anything they want in a fake world well guess the wierdo mommy's are now in charge of blizzard (well woke blizzard 2022 what is not the same company anymore)

Oh man, you're in for a surprise when you find out what freedom of speech actually means.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-02 at 09:33 PM.

Gaming was build on people being able to be or do anything they want in a fake world well guess the wierdo mommy's are now in charge of blizzard (well woke blizzard 2022 what is not the same company anymore)
    You have no idea what freedom of speech is, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're free to speak whatever you want, just don't whine about consequences of being a dick afterwards.

Works the same in RL, btw.

Freedom of Speech does not protect you from retaliation if you use it to harass others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    This stuff is more intended for the woke left to be able to get anyone banned who thinks differently from them
    you do realise literaly all thats in social contract was forbiden by TOS for ages?
    it literaly makes no difference as far as banable offenses are concerned...

- - - Updated - - -

you never read TOS of wow, have you?
    bcs literaly all that is in social contract was in tos since the begining (well some parts maybe not straight from begining but definitely for MANY years)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You're free to speak whatever you want, just don't whine about consequences of being a dick afterwards.

Works the same in RL, btw.

Freedom of Speech does not protect you from retaliation if you use it to harass others.
    ^There are a lot of people who don't understand this basic concept and it's frightening.

You've got to be really juvenile to see conspiracy theories in a simple screen reminding you not to be a douche.

And ironically enough, the kind of person who thinks that being told they're not allowed to use slurs or insult other players in a privately hosted videogame is a violation of free speech or "wokeness" gone wild, is exactly the kind of person who we don't need in games like WoW. So I really hope all of you who voted "Exit" on the poll or made a fuss about it here actually did click exit and cancel your subs and that it's not just bluster before you go right back to playing the game. Nobody will miss you in WoW.
    Last edited by Zoopy; 2022-06-02 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You have no idea what freedom of speech is, do you?
    Most don't to be honest as once you mention consequences to speech there is no longer free speech.

That said even those in favor of lessening restrictions are not advocates for unfrettered speech. Usually people arguing dictionary definitions though don't really have a point and just want to list off a vapid talking point.

I think there is a good argument to have that a game centered on war and death with a teen rating should have a rather relaxed policy to moderation .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopy View Post
    You've got to be really juvenile to see conspiracy theories in a simple screen reminding you not to be a douche.

And ironically enough, the kind of person who thinks that being told they're not allowed to use slurs or insult other players in a privately hosted videogame is a violation of free speech or "wokeness" gone wild, is exactly the kind of person who we don't need in games like WoW. So I really hope all of you who voted "Exit" on the poll or made a fuss about it here actually did click exit and cancel your subs and that it's not just bluster before you go right back to playing the game. Nobody will miss you in WoW.
    Why don't they need them when arguably this was the original audience that launched gaming to popularity?

For all your bluster you seem to forget you went into their digital communities they didnt go into yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Most don't to be honest as once you mention consequences to speech there is no longer free speech.
    Then no single country has free speech, because no single country allows absolutely anything to be said without consequences.

Also, the point is that free speech is an irrelevant issue when talking about a privately hosted game server run by a privately owned company.

Why don't they need them when arguably this was the original audience that launched gaming to popularity?

For all your bluster you seem to forget you went into their digital communities they didnt go into yours.
    What an absolutely bizarre comment on so many levels.

Then no single country has free speech, because no single country allows absolutely anything to be said without consequences.

Also, the point is that free speech is an irrelevant issue when talking about a privately hosted game server run by a privately owned company.

What an absolutely bizarre comment on so many levels.
    You are right no country does and it's a tragedy I hope we are lambasted for that we allowed the internet to be as regulated as everything else.

The fact you savor the taste of a free market boot over a governments boot isn't really the powerful argument to me I think you believe it is. Why would I want corporations threatening my speech more then I would an offical body? It comes across as a pathetic appeal to authority and a lesser one at that.

It isnt a bizzare comment either I fully recall when gaming online started this sanitized shit pit doesn't resemble anything close to what it was.

You are right no country does and it's a tragedy I hope we are lambasted for that we allowed the internet to be as regulated as everything else.

The fact you savor the taste of a free market boot over a governments boot isn't really the powerful argument to me I think you believe it is. Why would I want corporations threatening my speech more then I would an offical body? It comes across as a pathetic appeal to authority and a lesser one at that.

It isnt a bizzare comment either I fully recall when gaming online started this sanitized shit pit doesn't resemble anything close to what it was.
    Phew lad. You know what, nevermind. Enjoy your time in WoW.

Phew lad. You know what, nevermind. Enjoy your time in WoW.
    I do but it is worth thinking about why you believe what you believe rather then simply pushing it away when it makes you uncomfortable.

I do but it is worth thinking about why you believe what you believe rather then simply pushing it away when it makes you uncomfortable.
    Similarly, you should probably speak to some kind of professional about why something as simple as being asked not to harass and insult other players sends you running for the tinfoil.

But you do you.

"Freedom of Speech" only applies to the government. Blizzard is not the government. Companies like Blizzard can regulate speech on their games all they want,. People really need to stop misusing the term "Freedom of Speech"

Similarly, you should probably speak to some kind of professional about why something as simple as being asked not to harass and insult other players sends you running for the tinfoil.

But you do you.
    I mean I can easily tell you why. I don't see begin aggressive as out of place in a virtual environment about death,killing ,and genocide. I find it more bizzare that people would not just desire but expect that everyone would need be forced to speak kindly to them.

I find an edge lord speed running every racial slur less annoying then the would be hall monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    "Freedom of Speech" only applies to the government. Blizzard is not the government. Companies like Blizzard can regulate speech on their games all they want,. People really need to stop misusing the term "Freedom of Speech"
    Again everyone understands that some just don't find a corporations boot all that more tasty then the governments.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not really know what and how freedom of speech works, do you?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I mean I can easily tell you why. I don't see begin aggressive as out of place in a virtual environment about death,killing ,and genocide. I find it more bizzare that people would not just desire but expect that everyone would need be forced to speak kindly to them.
    Almost as if one is fictional and the other is an actual person.

I find an edge lord speed running every racial slur less annoying then the would be hall monitor.
    That's nice, but thankfully it's frowned upon.

Again everyone understands that some just don't find a corporations boot all that more tasty then the governments.
    It's pretty clear not everyone understands it, and dunno why you think bootlicking somehow comes into the topic of treating other people decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Almost as if one is fictional and the other is an actual person.

That's nice, but thankfully it's frowned upon.

It's pretty clear not everyone understands it, and dunno why you think bootlicking somehow comes into the topic of treating other people decently.
    It's the plea that because a corporation is censoring people it makes it ok.

It's such a mindless learned response to this topic that I am starting to question if actual people are raising the point or if they are bot accounts.

I can understand the argument that people should be forced to be pleasant to one another. I don't agree with it and at best I think you just get an increasingly passive aggressive playerbase from it but its something you can argue about.

Watching people parrot that they have a hard on for corporate censorship though isn't the must thrilling of counterpoints.

Watching people parrot that they have a hard on for corporate censorship though isn't the must thrilling of counterpoints.
    And unsurprisingly, your understanding of the concept of censorship is just as lacking as your understanding of free speech. Who could have guessed.

And unsurprisingly, your understanding of the concept of censorship is just as lacking as your understanding of free speech. Who could have guessed.
    Yes imagine me breaking it down into what specifically I take issue with and then pointing out how bland catch phrases and dictionary definitions that go nowhere are not terribly effective arguments. It clearly demonstrates my utter ignorance on the topic.

Only a person like yourself could make such a stunning and witty remark.

You really must share with us your method of making such compelling arguments.

It's the plea that because a corporation is censoring people it makes it ok.

It's such a mindless learned response to this topic that I am starting to question if actual people are raising the point or if they are bot accounts.

I can understand the argument that people should be forced to be pleasant to one another. I don't agree with it and at best I think you just get an increasingly passive aggressive playerbase from it but its something you can argue about.

If you're starting to feel like everyone else is bots, maybe consider the fact that it makes you the odd one out and maybe you should reevaluate your viewpoint...?

Like, what kinda mindset does it take to view "be polite and respectful" as "censorship"?