7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Druids are getting Mark of the Wild back.

Formerly known as Arafal

UH still using the wounds mechanic is the most worrying thing here for me. That spec is a dumpsterfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What massive prune? You get 61 points to spend there.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, no. These first row talents are automatically taken if you pick certain spec.
    You get a ghoul, just necessarily a permanent one, the talent tree seems a bit fuzzy on whether it's possible to go completely without a permanent pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    UH still using the wounds mechanic is the most worrying thing here for me. That spec is a dumpsterfire.
    Really if it was any spec that should have swapped DPS type it should have been Unholy. That spec could easily be swapped over to a pure Necromancy spec using intellect.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First major talents preview and... I think the system looks neat still? On its own not enough to bring me back, and sadly it sounds like my other concerns will not be being addressed.

Though I'm slightly disappointed as an old WotLK Memer that Perma-Ghoul is locked behind Unholy Spec.

And in the process of that disappointment realizing Blizz is probably still locking specs to being either 2H or Dual Wield, no option.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You get a ghoul, just necessarily a permanent one, the talent tree seems a bit fuzzy on whether it's possible to go completely without a permanent pet.
    Yeeeee, we kinda need a calculator to navigate this stuff.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end we'll all have the same talents no ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeeeee, we kinda need a calculator to navigate this stuff.
    IMO if a DK wants a ghoul or not really should be non forced on them. If someone wants a perma ghoul thats fine(OR a talent to fix that).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    In the end we'll all have the same talents no ?
    Depends on if either you, your guild, or your server worships the ground that world first guilds walk on.

Now that it seems Dragonflight news are back on the menu, I hope we finally get that Dracthyr customization blog post next week

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    IMO if a DK wants a ghoul or not really should be non forced on them. If someone wants a perma ghoul thats fine(OR a talent to fix that).
    Problem is when a spec (Unholy) relies on a ghoul because of it's core mechanics.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-03 at 06:39 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they fill the next week with talent posts, just like they spoiled us with class posts back in legion times.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Now that it seems Dragonflight news are back on the menu, I hope we finally get that Dracthyr customization blog post next week
    I hope we don't and it's because they heard the outcry and are redesigning their customizations.

The talent tree stuff looks interesting to me but as I don't play DK and have the barest knowledge of Druid, the examples right now don't mean much to me.

Waiting on Mage, Monk, and Warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want a ghoul just play frost?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I hope we don't and it's because they heard the outcry and are redesigning their customizations.
    Fair, I can get behind that version with wider shoulders and a more pronounced jaw.
    I just hope they don't do some extreme 180 turn and we end up with an unfinished mess for 10 years like with female worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    If you don't want a ghoul just play frost?
    And if people like the general idea of Unholy without the ghoul, IMO they should be able to. Thats my point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Looks like Druids are getting Mark of the Wild back.
    Nice catch. I was wondering when it would find its way back

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mark of the Wild: Increases the target's Speed and critical strike chance by 3% and reduces their magic damage taken by 3% for 60 minutes. If the target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
    I wonder if locks will be getting demon skin / demon armor back as well as baseline.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-06-03 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That really remains to be seen. For the hardcore min/maxers? Sure. But for the community at large? How many will really change just for the few extra dps/hps or tank survival. Sure having loadouts for easy change will make that easier but higher skill cap really just means more balance issues. They've talked about this in the past and how perception and community pressure really makes skill gaps are net negative for the game. It again is hard to balance such gaps with out alienating the skilled or un-skilled in the process. There shouldn't be a "hard mode" specialization for any class so any skill to playing a class is hard to balance.
    Nah I'm not hardcore and I plan on having at least 4 or 5 builds per spec.

Raiding single target build.
    Raiding aoe build.
    Mythic plus build.
    Battleground build.
    Arena build.
    World questing build.

Times 3 specs and thats pretty awesome.

Also unpopular opinion. It's great that the admit that players can make bad builds. If a build can be bad they means there's lots of choices to make. That bad build might be good in a certain situation anyways.

On the interupt situation. There might be a raid fight where you don't need an interupt, but maybe some more healing is needed so you pick a healing spell instead. Tons of examples could be made.

7+ Year Old Account
    And if people like the general idea of Unholy without the ghoul, IMO they should be able to. Thats my point.
    Ye, no. That is not the case when said ability is crucial for a spec to work. It may not be THE main mechanic of a spec (wounds), but it is important enough to have lots of synergies down the road (plus class fantasy of a summoner). It works for Frost Mages with water ele, but not here. Some abilities are just too core to a spec.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-03 at 07:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Nah I'm not hardcore and I plan on having at least 4 or 5 builds per spec.
    I think it is clear you are likely hardcore but have moved the line for what constitutes hardcore for whatever reason. That isn't a casual mindset in the slightest. It isn't great that a build can be bad. It doesn't mean there is any more choice then if all builds are good. It just means that players can punish themselves through ignorance or choice by picking a bad option. That is far from great. Great would be that there are no bad choices.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."