10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i played it a bit, havent reached endgame yet so cant comment on that, but so far (im lvl 19, or 18 not sure now) seems like i can ignore shop completely and easily... if you cant dont play it, its like alcoholics going to winetasting and then complain theres WINE
    Just keep at it, you will hit the paywall, you will pay money, and you will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A full set of legendary gems would take you literally 41 years of grinding without spending a dime. You know a core thing you need for leaderboards and pvp...

Fuck off with defending shit like this.

(stay while and grind forever)
    Or you know, skip the gems and don't care about leaderboards like 90% of people will do? Strange concept right?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 47 and so far my thoughts are this. The game looks and plays extremely well, even on PC. My only gripe are the menus but this is pretty typical of console to PC ports, let alone mobile to PC ports. Elden Ring which I absolutely love has awful menus for PC for example.

My only real issues with the game is when you hit around level 40 you kind of have to grind to level up as the story doesn't actually get you to break points. This happened prior to me hitting 40, 43 and 46, with it likely happening more before I actually hit max level. To be perfectly fair though, this is an ARPG and the nature of these games is to basically grind. So me spending time grinding out dungeons I've done or just doing regular rifts for XP isn't really the end of the world. I can also just wait until the server rolls over and do a set of 8 bounties if I really wanted too.

Monetization wise I haven't seen any real pay wall, and no I don't really consider having to grind out a couple levels as a pay wall. The only real issue for me (thus far) is that the menus are a mess and while you're jumbling through menus that are marked for you to claim stuff, you also have to sort through promotions for the store. This is jarring IMO and is probably my only gripe with the monetization system they have in the game (thus far). It should either be at the end of the campaign, or quite frankly just seen a bit less.

I don't play mobile games but I keep up with how they're monetized and there aren't many that are really that fair. A lot of you seem to be in the dark about how mobile, let alone F2P games handle business and it shows. Personally, while I've never spent money myself in F2P games (aside from stash tabs in PoE), I generally don't have a problem with people who do. I think cosmetics are generally fair game, and the idea of value 'battle passes' aren't really that predatory IMO (which is funny, because PoEs version of battle pass sucks dick). I think a big problem with DI battle pass however is that from my understanding, you still have to log in everyday to claim that value of something you bought. This is pretty dumb, especially when there's systems in the game that give you grace periods so you don't have to log in every single day (for example, you can do 8 bounties a day but you don't really lose any of them unless you stop playing for three days).

The game is F2P and just like Lost Ark you can absolutely P2W as it is, or at least pay to skip through the line if we want to use that methodology of describing what it is. But a lot of what's being recited here is just people unaware with how mobile games operate, or just expect F2P games to have zero incentive to get some money out of it's players. Or, people are just regurgitating streamers/youtubers thoughts, when you could easily play the game for a few hours for free and see what it's really like.

So yeah. It plays well and controls well for the most part, and is a free game. If I had to describe it it's somewhere between Lost Ark and D3 in playstyle, with more customization than D3 (which isn't that hard to do). Much like Lost Ark I'll probably play it for a few weeks and then just stop, because I know I'll reach a point where I'll probably get stonewalled or well.. something else comes up. I stopped playing Lost Ark because the gameplay loop wasn't all that engaging and to advance in that game you can either swipe your credit card, or play an enormous amount and do dailies on several characters (which doing dailies on multiple character isn't exactly my idea of fun).

As mentioned I'm nearing level 50 and while grinding in the 40s to reach the next story beat sucked, I haven't felt that my progress was really impeded to where the evil Blizzard was trying to get my credit card information so I could advance.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    I stopped reading after "I briefly saw".

Firstly, try a bit more than briefly. Get a wider range of views. From the replies in this thread the people who tried it don't find it an issue.

Secondly, instead of just regurgitating second hand information and experiences, come back again when you've actually tried it and found something to complain about it with your own experiences.
    I mean my first first and second paragraph were things I found to complain about. Did you just not read them? The very fact that all I had to do was briefly play the game, not even get a couple hours in and already got bombarded with bundles, pay this, pay that, buy this, buy that, special offer here etc. etc. speaks volumes. Every mechanic I interacted with in this couple hours felt like a gateway drug into spending money. None of the mechanics felt like they was there to better the gameplay experience.

What did u expect? Ofc its a pay2win game, like 99% of mobile games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You should get gud irl if you don't want to grind in a virtual one. Or you know, don't play the game you can't compete at the top level in.
    All the hate against f2p games comes from people who are feeling insecure about their irl achievements.
    If that's your take on it, I don't want to know the rest of your views.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    If that's your take on it, I don't want to know the rest of your views.
    Your loss. Really. Willful ignorance is worse than misplaced indignation.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Most comments from people defending this are from people who are happily enjoying the story mid way through the game. The purchases don't come until end game where you are invested in your character and want to start running end game content which you will struggle with without sufficiently powerful gems, it isn't just pvp.

It is F2P but that doesn't excuse these shitty gacha mechanics that do play on people's psychological and addictive tendencies. I don't mind paying for a good free game with a fair business model (like Apex or Warzone) but don't fucking design your game like a slot machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Most comments from people defending this are from people who are happily enjoying the story mid way through the game. The purchases don't come until end game where you are invested in your character and want to start running end game content which you will struggle with without sufficiently powerful gems, it isn't just pvp.
    I think it's down to how you take this or similar games.

If you just play through this to see the story and get some quick fix in-between the games - it's a really good deal. Heck, might as well toss a few bucks at it, as in what you think it should be worth if it would not be F2P.

The problem of course begins if you decide to take it further. Now not to blame players, of course things are set up to suck you in and then milk you as far as they can. They aren't going to get all them millions of $$ this will get them by accident. It is rigged that way.

But I do think that for vast majority of players, like me, who will jump in go through the story, mess around whatever left for half a week or so and then for get about - the game's pretty good deal.

Better gacha than PoE. 4/4, would play again.

Stay mad, cringelords.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You know Capcom, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Nintendo and literally every major game publisher is dabbling in it and its VERY profitable for them.

and yet we still get Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy 16, Metroid Dread, and Elden Ring....

The idea of the crappy mobile title that makes them money so they can focus on the passion products is probably very lost on you.
    I haven't seen a single "fruit of passion" from Blizzard in several years. I don't think that they were lacking money for it, so I doubt that the release of "crappy" mobile game will change anything in that matter.

I actually find hilarious how people are so angry that a f2p, p2w, mobile game requires in-game purchases to be ahead of the curve and top "leaderboards" lol.

what sort of compulsion is this that you 'require' to have your name on a shitty mobile game leaderboard knowing that paying will get you further ahead?

oh boy, gamers are just dumb nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A full set of legendary gems would take you literally 41 years of grinding without spending a dime. You know a core thing you need for leaderboards and pvp...

Fuck off with defending shit like this.

(stay while and grind forever)
    Why do you need to have that set of 5 star gems?

Yes it is a perfect summary.

Also don't play the game, don't support it. Only way to show these companies we don't want this shit in our games! well only way they listen anyway

I don't understand how you can feel it's right for you to use lists like these to tell people what to play.

Let people play as they wish. I'm loving this game as I don't care about the competitive aspect of it.

The story is really nice and compeltely free, you never feel too encouraged to buy anything. So if playing a game because you like the gameplay, story, music, art and its world is your thing then you can definitely play this game and ignore the over criticism that you read on this thread

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Only way to show these companies we don't want this shit in our games! well only way they listen anyway
    If y'all don't want that shit in your games - then don't put it in your games. You have no right to complain about other games and the shit they put in, especially if you are not a customer.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I think at some point we as a community needs to figure something out

Anti f2p folks: Most of us don't like the scummy methods either but a lot of the societal issues are more societal issues hell some of y'all that are like we need to pay to get on a leaderboard need to realize that most folks playing f2p games aren't going for that...I'm probably gonna play Multiversus when it comes out but I sure as fuck ain't gunning for EVO same with Hearthstone and Diablo Immortal.

The other side: Not calling y'all pro F2P cause for the most part most of y'all including myself aren't that fond of them either myself included. We aren't gonna change their minds and most of them haven't realized and may never realize that this model isn't going away anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I mean my first first and second paragraph were things I found to complain about. Did you just not read them? The very fact that all I had to do was briefly play the game, not even get a couple hours in and already got bombarded with bundles, pay this, pay that, buy this, buy that, special offer here etc. etc. speaks volumes. Every mechanic I interacted with in this couple hours felt like a gateway drug into spending money. None of the mechanics felt like they was there to better the gameplay experience.
    I am level 50 and i dont know what do you mean by Bombarded?!! You mean the small red dot that sometimes pop to notify you theres a one time bundle?! I only spent sth like 10€ and it worth it. If some one doesnt like to spend a penny to support a game they like it or expect to access everything freely i believe thats a selfish behaviour.

Games are not mandatory products such as food, drinks, energy, etc for our lives. Companies are allowed to design it and set policies regarding their interest. If I dont like it Im not in a position to tell them what they have to do. And maybe other people with other mindsets are enjoying them game!

Also i believe the majority of whiners are not even competitive in other games. Are they a top ranked lol,dota, wow, etc player? Even if you are a top ranked player in a f2p game such as Dota you spent lots of time in it and kinda sacrificed other aspect of you job o career which in return is lose o money. Competition has been never free and it will never be free any game, sport, or any aspect of our lives.
    Last edited by azshanna; 2022-06-04 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I think at some point we as a community needs to figure something out

Anti f2p folks: Most of us don't like the scummy methods either but a lot of the societal issues are more societal issues hell some of y'all that are like we need to pay to get on a leaderboard need to realize that most folks playing f2p games aren't going for that...I'm probably gonna play Multiversus when it comes out but I sure as fuck ain't gunning for EVO same with Hearthstone and Diablo Immortal.

The other side: Not calling y'all pro F2P cause for the most part most of y'all including myself aren't that fond of them either myself included. We aren't gonna change their minds and most of them haven't realized and may never realize that this model isn't going away anytime soon.
    And the important part with DI so far is that it doesn't effectively lock you out of content if you don't pay. Sure you will not power up as fast but you can still get through everything. Try Hearthstone without paying at all to get a decent deck, it just isn't fun if you constantly lose to decks that cost multiple times what you can make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    I am level 50 and i dont know what do you mean by Bombarded?!! You mean the small red dot that sometimes pop to notify you theres a one time bundle?! I only spent sth like 10€ and it worth it. If some one doesnt like to spend a penny to support a game they like it or expect to access everything freely i believe thats a selfish behaviour.

Games are not mandatory products such as food, drinks, energy, etc for our lives. Companies are allowed to design it and set policies regarding their interest. If I dont like it Im not in a position to tell them what they have to do. And maybe other people with other mindsets are enjoying them game!

Also i believe the majority of whiners are not even competitive in other games. Are they a top ranked lol,dota, wow, etc player? Even if you are a top ranked player in a f2p game such as Dota you spent lots of time in it and kinda sacrificed other aspect of you job o career which in return is lose o money. Competition has been never free and it will never be free any game, sport, or any aspect of our lives.
    I bought just the seasonal pass myself and so far haven't really felt the need to buy anything else. The game certainly keeps one busy.