Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If y'all don't want that shit in your games - then don't put it in your games. You have no right to complain about other games and the shit they put in, especially if you are not a customer.
    Actually... I do have that right

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Diablo Immortal did everything wrong.

It should let people finish the main story.
    Instead, it asks you to grind for XP at level 30, 35 and 40.
    The story doesn't even give you a level. You have to grind 4 levels. Do a little bit story and grind another 4 levels.

I know Blizzard copied this from a Gacha game, but Diablo fans feel strange about this game.

The bounty (daily) is the most important part of the game because the players will do it every day for many years.
    Yet, it is as boring as hell.
    It should give different things to do every day, such as finish a dungeon, a rift, etc.
    The battle pass does everything you want out of bounties.

also, you can absolutely make it to level 40 off of story and beastiary.

when i logged in this morning I had to hit level 46 in order to continue story ( i was 43)

I did 8 bounties, an elder rift, and two beastiary pages and had my 3 levels (im half a bar to 47 now) in less then 40 minutes.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Actually... I do have that right
    Actually... You've got that wrong
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Anything can cause real tangible harm to young people though. Should everything be regulated and young people live in some sheltered bubble until their respective countries age of adult hood? I'm curious if you think Pokemon cards should be banned as well? They are a real life loot box and kids even more a target audience then in gaming where age-restriction guidance exists.

Heck even Steam should be regulated since they have loot boxes and other cosmetics as a digital store front. Kids will be exposed as it is a major distributor of digital games.
    Yes. We should regulate spoons. I once did real, tangible harm to a friend when we were 4 with a spoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Diablo Immortal did everything wrong.

It should let people finish the main story.
    Instead, it asks you to grind for XP at level 30, 35 and 40.
    The story doesn't even give you a level. You have to grind 4 levels. Do a little bit story and grind another 4 levels.

I know Blizzard copied this from a Gacha game, but Diablo fans feel strange about this game.

The bounty (daily) is the most important part of the game because the players will do it every day for many years.
    Yet, it is as boring as hell.
    It should give different things to do every day, such as finish a dungeon, a rift, etc.
    I never once had to grind to progress the story. As things like the BP, bounty board, and rifts became available, I did what was asked each day as well as participate in events and rare/elite hunted. Made it to the end of the campaign and level cap without ever having to grind out a level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And the important part with DI so far is that it doesn't effectively lock you out of content if you don't pay. Sure you will not power up as fast but you can still get through everything. Try Hearthstone without paying at all to get a decent deck, it just isn't fun if you constantly lose to decks that cost multiple times what you can make.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought just the seasonal pass myself and so far haven't really felt the need to buy anything else. The game certainly keeps one busy.
    It's probably because I've been playing HS regularly since launch, but outside of the adventures that required actual money, I've not spent a dime and have every nearly every card. I also make my own decks, long time MtG player as well, so cost really isn't a thing. But I've reached legendary ranks with what would be considered cheap decks that contained no epic or legendary cards. So it can be done.

Actually... You've got that wrong
    What's gonna happen if he complains? They gonna put him in jail? Man can say whatever he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great game, ive spent a paycheck or so on it and I am having a blast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    What's gonna happen if he complains? They gonna put him in jail? Man can say whatever he wants.
    He can say whatever he wants, but he doesn't have a right to complain. He can complain. But he doesn't have a right. It doesn't mean that he's gonna be put in jail for complaining. Just that he doesn't have a right.

It means that his complaints are irrelevant and silly.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

If y'all don't want that shit in your games - then don't put it in your games. You have no right to complain about other games and the shit they put in, especially if you are not a customer.
    Sooner or later the grown ups will regulate this. And by grown ups I mean governments around the world. There are several countries that are activly working towards banning loot boxes and other scummy features in these games. These things takes time, but its coming. For too long the gaming companies could do whatever they wanted to do without regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I never once had to grind to progress the story. As things like the BP, bounty board, and rifts became available, I did what was asked each day as well as participate in events and rare/elite hunted. Made it to the end of the campaign and level cap without ever having to grind out a level.
    Did you buy the Collector's Empowered Battle Pass?

Wow, the amount of brainless shilling going on in this thread.

Go ahead, keep defending it. Just don't complain when every Blizzard game going forward adopts similar models.

Raids with gear drop rates that rival invincibles reigns unless you pay for Azerothian Crests. Spending money to get guaranteed drops only to get low ranked/non-titan forged versions and duplicates that are basically worthless to you. Don't worry, you can sacrifice duplicates to get 1/1,100th of an upgrade credit.

Always online paid daily login bonus D4, where you have to compete against other p2w players for bounty targets. And the best way to get gear is the real money auction house, where the only people who can cash out are blizzard. Enjoy the sprawling open world and 30 seconds of travel time between monster packs. Buy the monthly faster mount pass or for a measly $0.10 each, get a rune of demon seeking that teleports you to the next monster instantly! Or a collectors rune of demon seeking that gives you 10% more magic find for $0.25!

Pay to upgrade starcraft units and a subscription fee to have a higher maximum unit count. Buy boosters for a chance (2-3% at $14.99 a pop, or buy a 3 for $44.50!) of enhanced units with even better stats. You only have to play 16 hours a day to remain 90% competitive as a free player!

No ones forcing you to buy any of it! No reason to ask for better value for your money as a customer. Or for games to respect your time as a player.

Just shave that mediocre game down and sell it to us by the slice. Why make a better game when you can add a price tag to skip the parts people don't like. Quarterly earnings down? Add more grind, lower drop rates, add more paid power boosts, increase sales! Land whales ho!

The fact is you can get big spenders interested without selling power or wasting players time. I've put thousands into PoE, not because the game twisted my arm to do so. But because it was consistently delivering quality content for free. And offered real value for the money I put in.

More content than any blizzard game, even WoW with its subscription frees and paid expansions could deliver.

And for my money? T-shirts, hoodies, signed concept art and game maps. Limited time availability, purely cosmetic, rewards. Even the opportunity to work with the developers to create items for the game.

Hell, Exilecon put Blizzcon to shame. I was sitting at a table with David Brevik at the VIP dinner, and I got to talk one on one with pretty much every major dev and voice actor on the show floor. They even made a card game of it where the devs were wearing shirts with monsters on them, and you had to collect cards (by playing, not paying) to beat them and earn more cards.

Its amazing what a team can do when they are as excited about the game as players are, and respect their community. Rather than seeing everything in terms of quarterly earnings reports and performance metrics.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously???
    What's up with all those things you buy for real money?

Didn't everyone (players AND Blizzard) agree that RMAH was the single worst thing they had ever added to Diablo? Now they just added RMShop, which is pretty much the same as RMAH (since we all know that AH sells for Buy Out prices, it's more a shop that auction).
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

eh not sure what the issue is, it's a free game with minimal P2W aspects, and more so pay to grind faster than even P2W. I got the collectors BP and first crate for 99 cents (cause why not lol), so like 25-26 bucks so far? that's nothing for the fun I'm getting playing. The only part that annoys me is the push to groups/clan up, and content that doesn't appear to have an auto-queue/group feather, and boss mob tagging is annoying should be open tagging like WoW. Will I get the season 2 BP who knows, depends on if I'm still having fun. Personally, blizz has set the bar high for mobile games with DI.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how dare they want to earn money from their work! they should work completely for free like you do!
    you do work for free, right?
    Right, I forgot that this is the only way developers can earn money from their games. No other options exist for them, it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a "it doesnt affect me, so I dont care" remark.

Nonetheless, I think my appreciation for games developed (or not) somewhat differently. I've never really been curious or interested in the idea of playing games on my phone. If I want mobile gaming, I'd just get a gameboy or something.

Some people in this thread need to stop making excuses for what is fucking parasitic game design.

Jesus Christ, I swear some of you apologists would be happy if you were charged $0.01 for every step you took in real life.

Or, maybe you wouldn't be, and you're also highly against the climbing gas costs or the inflation on every item you purchase... you rail against higher prices and PrEsIdEnT BiDeN but you'll hop online and defend any game developer for monetizing games into the Nth dimension.

Just stop. The more you turn a blind eye to game development in this vein the more it will show up everywhere. And if you don't care about Diablo, fine, but you'll probably care when it makes it to your favorite game franchise and poisons the goddamn well with this stuff.

It is really fun to observe people discovering p2w mobile games in 2022 for the first time and complaining about it

I've played gacha games for years now on my phone, Diablo Immortal is far from the worse one out there. I'm really confused what you all expect Blizzard to do when entering the mobile market when 95% of the games are P2W. We all know Blizzard copies everyone and of course they were going to do P2W.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    It is really fun to observe people discovering p2w mobile games in 2022 for the first time and complaining about it
    Well, that's a pretty big difference coming from the ol bliz quality of the times of WC2, Starcraft and Diablo. Feels like getting punched in the face.

I've played P2W mobile games, but none of them where I was informed upfront the spending could go up to the hundreds of thousands of dollars for core character progression.
    I consider someone who invests 10K an absolute whale, but the whaling potential designed in this game seems nearly infinite, ontop of it being luck based with lootbox mechanics, for f'kin character progression.

Lootbox for skins piss me off less, they offers some opportunity for people to be diversified because of what they obtain, and to envy eachother, etc. without causing any major power imbalance, but here, the randomness is ONLY present for addiction purposes and to obscure the cost of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    Well, that's a pretty big difference coming from the ol bliz quality of the times of WC2, Starcraft and Diablo.
    That bliz died 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    It's funny because most people only seem to complain because they feel encouraging this kind of game design will make it more common in the future. Of course this has gone on for years and as usual the "slippery slope" argument has proven to be complete nonsense.