Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The Mobile market is already bigger then PC and Consoles combined and I believe has been so for a while.
    Elden Ring still got made and a new God of War is being made.

The notion that mobile games being successful means we don't get AAA PC/Console titles anymore is a proven fallacy.
    It is a fact. If Diablo Immortal would not have been made we will have Diablo 4 already.

Developing mobile games takes away time and resources from other games. It is very simple.

Soon practically every big videogame saga will have a mobile game, depriving us of new AAA games or pushing them further away in time.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo IV will be pay to win. Let that sink in. Feel free to debate me, time will prove me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Diablo IV will be pay to win. Let that sink in. Feel free to debate me, time will prove me right.
    What is there to debate? :P
    Either it will, or it won't. Time, like you said, will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    It is a fact. If Diablo Immortal would not have been made we will have Diablo 4 already.

Developing mobile games takes away time and resources from other games. It is very simple.

Soon practically every big videogame saga will have a mobile game, depriving us of new AAA games or pushing them further away in time.
    Please explain how we have a new fire emblem AFTER heroes?
    or the fact there was an animal crossing mobile game AND the switch game at the same time

NetherRealm makes the mobile game in conjunction with their mainstream games

Capcom milks the fuck out of Teppen and Megaman X Dive but still comes out with Monster Hunter and Resident Evil games on the regular and SF6 looks amazing.

Hell look at the Bandai Namco pumps out all the time and yet you guys STILL got Elden Ring

or hell using your profile for example we got FF7 remake, an expansion of said remake, 3 FF14 expansions, FF16, all the pixel remasters WITH Last Soldier, Brave Exivus, Record Keeper, and Echos of Mana AMONG OTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I have yet to play any game for the past 25 years that has turned out to be good after being shit for the intro... And I know for a fact this fake diablo cashgrab won't be better, at all... I will only hate it more and more with the p2w aspect...
    So because you dont like the negative feedback, the whole thread should be closed? What a fucking snowflake...no...
    You're right I can't take feedback from people that judge a book by its cover and make it sound like they have extensive knowledge about its content. What a snowflake you are for fearing what a game could be that you just don't dare play it and spit on it at the same time.

Now you understand why I invite mods to close the thread? Discussions with people like you is sterile.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Of course it will be. You will have to pay a premium price to even play it. Winning is not even guaranteed. That's how pay to win it will be. And you will love it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I used some gem fragments to upgrade a 2-star gem to rank 2.
    Now I found out that there is no way to get more gem fragments.

Am I screwed up?

This game has so many materials are locked behind paywall.
    I can live if the legendary gem is the only thing.
    However, I am missing lots of things, including the "free" ones.

I got 3 common gems which can sell on the market on day 1.
    I didn't get any more gems on day 2 and day 3.
    Even the common gems are not common.

The lacking of materials is worse than other gacha games.
    You do crests, you get materials, you craft gems, you use those to rank up other gems.
    The legendary gems are really the ones most locked behind real money. Everything else you can get reasonable fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    What is there to debate? :P
    Either it will, or it won't. Time, like you said, will tell!
    "Pay to win" can be a pretty ambiguous term at times. There are some games with an obvious pay to win element where key parts of the game are locked out to people who are free to play and it makes competing with paying players unfair. Then there are other games where you are just paying to advance faster or have more variety of choice in what you do so paying can give you an advantage but not necessarily an advantage that makes it unfair to free to play users

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    You're right I can't take feedback from people that judge a book by its cover and make it sound like they have extensive knowledge about its content. What a snowflake you are for fearing what a game could be that you just don't dare play it and spit on it at the same time.

Now you understand why I invite mods to close the thread? Discussions with people like you is sterile.
    Serious question, do you need to finish a book, movie or series to know its shit? No, no you don't. So why would a video game be any different?

Who gives a shit if a F2P PVE game is Pay2Win lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    or the fact there was an animal crossing mobile game AND the switch game at the same time

Capcom milks the fuck out of Teppen and Megaman X Dive but still comes out with Monster Hunter and Resident Evil games on the regular and SF6 looks amazing.

Hell look at the Bandai Namco pumps out all the time and yet you guys STILL got Elden Ring

or hell using your profile for example we got FF7 remake, an expansion of said remake, 3 FF14 expansions, FF16, all the pixel remasters WITH Last Soldier, Brave Exivus, Record Keeper, and Echos of Mana AMONG OTHERS
    It is obvious that there is an increase of games developed for mobile that it is only going to grow, so, less AAA's game, as mobile gaming evolves and needs more time and resources.

Square Enix is such a bad example. They have released almost 20 mobile games since 2019. Are you telling me that the resources invested in so many games do not affect how soon we could get FFVII-R or FFXVI?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    "Pay to win" can be a pretty ambiguous term at times. There are some games with an obvious pay to win element where key parts of the game are locked out to people who are free to play and it makes competing with paying players unfair. Then there are other games where you are just paying to advance faster or have more variety of choice in what you do so paying can give you an advantage but not necessarily an advantage that makes it unfair to free to play users
    Yeah, and I agree that it can be a bit subjective in terms of what people lump in under the umbrella "P2W". For me personally, I see anything that puts you ahead of a player that doesn't invest money, be it power or time, as a form of pay2win. Granted, I am also not super against it, to a certain extent.
    We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out!

Naw, this will be the new "raid tier" complaint out of people.

"OMG WE LOST AN ENTIRE DIABLO TIER GAME BECAUSE OF THIS MOBILE THING!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Your loss. Really. Willful ignorance is worse than misplaced indignation.
    Funny you even bother mention ignorance, ironic even.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It is obvious that there is an increase of games developed for mobile that it is only going to grow, so, less AAA's game, as mobile gaming evolves and needs more time and resources.

Square Enix is such a bad example. They have released almost 20 mobile games since 2019. Are you telling me that the resources invested in so many games do not affect how soon we could get FFVII-R or FFXVI?
    Also Mobile is like 100xs easier to make than a AAA title...in the time and budget of 1 AAA game you can make 10 mobile games and keep them pretty consistently updated and usually you keep like 1 team of maybe 10 people to cobble together a mobile game and go. Hell most mobile games are outsourced to fuck case and point DIABLO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Naw, this will be the new "raid tier" complaint out of people.

"OMG WE LOST AN ENTIRE DIABLO TIER GAME BECAUSE OF THIS MOBILE THING!"
    there's an /s right?

cause you know...https://diablo4.blizzard.com/en-us/ unless the argument is if we didn't have Immortal then the Amazon would be in 3, 4 would already be out and we'd be super hyped about not only Diablo 5 but the Sanctuary raid in world of warcraft?

where the hell did you pull this bs out of? its not even the same people working on those two games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I think what people are upset about most isn't that DI is a p2w mobile game - that is as you say exactly what they said it would be.

If that was all, we could just go with "if you don't like it don't play it, it's not going to come into your room and night and force you to play" and be done with it.

But people don't like the implication that this mobile cash-grab game took development away from a "real" Diablo game. It's not as much about the existence of p2w mobile games as it is about companies investing time and money into making said games rather than investing that time and money making other games.

How much of that is true and actually reflective of the development process is difficult to tell. Just because money was invested into one product doesn't mean that money would have or could have gone to a different product - after all, they might have invested that money only BECAUSE it was for a cash-grabby game promising good returns on that investment. On a different game with less monetization they might not even have made that investment at all.

And of course this was largely outsourced anyway, so rather than taking away Blizzard resources from a "real" Diablo game this probably ate up more resources at a company that would have made a mobile game regardless.

The only real fear that does remain is that if consumers are willing to accept predatory business model (and what degree of predatoriness we're talking here is a separate debate) then companies in the future will be more incentivized to develop such games; whereas if consumers summarily reject that kind of business model, we're more likely to get other games instead. That's a real choice you can make, and I encourage anyone who wants to make a stand in that respect to just not play DI - at the end of the day, not buying into their product is the only message that will be unequivocally heard.
    Did NetEase develop Diablo 3? 4? 2? If no, then why would people compare this to developing the other games. Or think it took development time from a "real" Diablo..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Der Wagney View Post
    Pay to play is the least of the problems of this game. The graphics are marginal. Game play is stilted as you are hand held every step of the way down to placing foot prints to guide your path. Forced to play with keyboard controls is uncomfortable for many players. The vendors, skill system, and upgrades are all confusing. It is bad enough playing on a PC I just can't imagine what it is like playing on your phone. A complete disaster - what was Blizard thinking.
    It's not Blizzards fault you have a reading difficulty and thus find things confusing. Have you considered Farmville? Or Minesweeper.
    Hi

If the mobile games are financially successful are they gaining or losing resources?

Meh.. It's dumb how many people think it's the same people working on different projects for different platforms.

there's an /s right?

cause you know...https://diablo4.blizzard.com/en-us/ unless the argument is if we didn't have Immortal then the Amazon would be in 3, 4 would already be out and we'd be super hyped about not only Diablo 5 but the Sanctuary raid in world of warcraft?
    Who knows, it's not like most of the complaints about D:I are very rational to begin with.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard simply disgusts me, this was the final nail in the coffin on my part. Fuck these guys and all they stand for.