I do wonder how people feel about the lore of DI. The story so far has been fairly enjoyable but the Immortals vs Shadows does feel like something that would have been known? Happy about all the lore that becomes available though, can't wait to slowly learn more about the individual Horadrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Of course it will be. You will have to pay a premium price to even play it. Winning is not even guaranteed. That's how pay to win it will be. And you will love it.
    Hah! That's so sneaky isn't it!

You will pay the premium, your time-limited cosmetics, daily resource packs for maximum value and your good old resource obfuscating 3 gem, 5 enhanced gem and 13 mystic enhanced cock-bone packs for $9.99 on top of it to even attain the gear level required to access endgame content.

And some will defend it because it's not so bad, everyone is doing it. Please fuck me harder daddy Kotick, I love it, I hope you are recording to show the shareholders while you lay off another 700 employees <3
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2022-06-05 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The immortal trailer after 2 days had 34k views on youtube. Shows how massive the activity in Blizzard Franchises are atm lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

They even copied item colors from PoE lol. Legendary is orange, rare blue etc... the way loot drops and everything is just like in PoE

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    If the mobile games are financially successful are they gaining or losing resources?

Meh.. It's dumb how many people think it's the same people working on different projects for different platforms.
    Losing resources of course. Why develop an AAA game when I can make yet another mobile game with a cash shop that makes millions of profit?

And yes, I know that are different teams and all that, but there are a LOT of people involved in DI. If half of those people would have been working on Diablo 4 for years now, would not Diablo 4 be released today? Would not WoW had better content with a better cadence?

I know that developing a game is not as easy as throwing more people to it, but we are talking about years of development. Those people that are working on a shitty Diablo money grabbing game could be trained and contributing to Diablo 4 and WoW.

And I get It, Activision is a business and they want to make money as easily as they possible can, that is why DI has been created. But I do not have to like it, I do not like that they are focusing in these shitty mobile games with cuestionable practices when WoW has had two bad expansions in a row, and Diablo 3 and Overwatch and HOTS have been abandoned for years now.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-06-05 at 01:03 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Losing resources of course. Why develop an AAA game when I can make yet another mobile game with a cash shop that makes millions of profit?
    wat

They even copied item colors from PoE lol. Legendary is orange, rare blue etc... the way loot drops and everything is just like in PoE
    Yes, PoE invented legendary items being orange. For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I didnt know PoE was launched before the two first Diablo games and wow classic.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The game has a lot of details and features so they have to slowly unlock them for you as you progress. Otherwise new players would be overwhelmed by all the information.

It's just the game letting you know that an option is available.

-It's not a predatory business model. There's nothing unethical about it.
    -Nobody is forced to play and nobody is entitled to their preferred game experience unless they created the game.
    -You can experience most of the game for free.
    -As far as I know F2P players can still achieve almost all of the same things but at a slower rate.
    Well said. People are crying here as usual about something that every other game out there does and even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Come on. I don't like the game's cash grab attitude but let's give it justice. As far as I remember the same colors were used in Diablo 3 and Wow so "copying colors" is not a thing.

Whats so funny about this whole situation is that with mobile games - something many thinks is "the future of gaming", is that it all comes with these obnoxious p2w features. Like its supposed to be like that. Its just the way it must be in mobile games.

It says something when the makers of Elden Ring gets flack for not having cosmetics & p2w features to spend money on within the game. Luckily not everyone is busy making shallow & forgettable cashgrab games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Well said. People are crying here as usual about something that every other game out there does and even worse.
    So what you are saying is that the overall situation within the gaming industry is much, much worse.

That certainly helps!

People complaining about p2w: you do realize that your time has value. So whenever the game requires you to do some unfun grinding, that is also p2w. You are sacrificing something of value to yourself just to buy advancement in the game. Paying $ for advancement is just introducing a middleman (you are working for some third party to produce something of value for which you get $, some of which then goes to the game.) From a social point of view, p2w with $ is actually superior to grind-to-win, since grinding produces nothing of value to anyone else, while the work you did to earn those $ did produce something of value for that third party. This may be why China allows p2w, but is restricting how many hours their citizens can play games per week.

I think if you looked at the value of the time you spent grinding in WoW over the years you'd be shocked at how much that time was worth, even at minimum wage levels.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2022-06-05 at 01:32 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So what you are saying is that the overall situation within the gaming industry is much, much worse.
    It's actually great! The markets are growing so fast that mobile games are coming to PC as cross-platform. There is no longer a divide. Even consoles and PC are one now, sans a few old time exclusives. Now you can make a game and publish it EVERYWHERE. Game industry reached Music/Film industry level of penetration.

People who complain about mobile games being p2w probably are too young to remember that f2p and p2w originated on PCs, when first mobile games were premium. And then circa 2010 the mobile market exploded with f2p games ported from PC (Web games and Facebook games. Zynga? Farmville? Rings any bells? The game that brought women into gaming! Mostly middle-aged housewives but HEY! Oh those were the times, the trendy word was "virality" - you know the predatory mechanism of using your FB friends to lure you into playing games they are playing - demons!)
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    So mobile Phone jokes aside - I cave in to curiosity and gave the game a try on my Phone. It's pretty "good", as in it runs smooth and has that Blizzard Polish so far, but then the Shop was thrown in my face so I logged out. Then I saw some posts posts about how P2W it was and just deleted it.

For the record, I was expecting some sort of P2W, because it's mobile game and Netease but not that early.

The game has a lot of details and features so they have to slowly unlock them for you as you progress. Otherwise new players would be overwhelmed by all the information.

-Nobody is forced to play and nobody is entitled to their preferred game experience unless they created the game.
    "uhhh it's okay because nobody is forcing you to buy it"
    "uhhh you have no right to complain unless you created the game yourself!"

holy fucking shit lmfao
    at least TRY to make your shilling less obvious

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Whats so funny about this whole situation is that with mobile games - something many thinks is "the future of gaming", is that it all comes with these obnoxious p2w features. Like its supposed to be like that. Its just the way it must be in mobile games.

It says something when the makers of Elden Ring gets flack for not having cosmetics & p2w features to spend money on within the game. Luckily not everyone is busy making shallow & forgettable cashgrab games.

- - - Updated - - -

That certainly helps!
    It's a business. Of course they will have a PAY strategy.
    If you want welfares, go elsewhere.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    IMO the biggest problem with DIM isn't even the P2W, it's the fact it's being used to test new design aspects coming in Diablo IV and that players are getting so tunnel visioned on the P2W aspects of DIM that they're missing out on the chance to berate Blizzard into changing course on Diablo IV before it launches.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    It's a business. Of course they will have a PAY strategy.
    If you want welfares, go elsewhere.
    "you must have pay2win and microtransactions or you are welfare!"
    Tell me you're an underage zoomer without telling me you're an underage zoomer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    We as players enable this to keep happening. I don't fault Blizzard and other companies to benefit from our complacency.
    It's because normies and casual phone gamers make up a majority of the market now.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "you must have pay2win and microtransactions or you are welfare!"
    Tell me you're an underage zoomer without telling me you're an underage zoomer.

- - - Updated - - -

It's because normies and casual phone gamers make up a majority of the market now.
    No, you can play to win and pay to win if you can't be bothered playing. Both options are there.
    Don't twist things to serve your simple minded purpose.

Clearly you're too brainless to realize that social media has you brainwashed to the gills.

-You can experience most of the game for free.
    -As far as I know F2P players can still achieve almost all of the same things but at a slower rate.
    imagine being this much of a corporate boot licker. thats a yikes

Greedy doesn't mean it is a good business strategy.

The game should give F2P some hope.
    For example, if you grind every day for 2 years, you can have everything.
    Some F2P players may start to pay after one month of grind.

One year later, Blizzard can add more gems/weapons/armors to grind for, F2P can never have everything.

With the way going, people are scared away on day 1.
    I have $300 in battle.net balance. Don't mind to spend all.
    $300 may not even get me a BiS 5-star Gem.
    I don't even know how to upgrade the $25 5-star gem in the shop.