Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The RPG concept hasn’t been updated as they stoped working on the RPG and it’s disconnected from wow. All dark rangers other then sylvanas can still fall with in the RPG concert just missing some spell stuff which can now be represented by Dark ranger priest which players can make. As far as Representing the RPG class wow has got it completely covered at this point.

Sylvanas her self has deviated from the RPG concept and would likely fall into a completely new class if the RPG was an on going thing just like how Dark ranger is a prestige hunter class she would likely be a prestige dark ranger class.

And the abilities are taken directly from the RPG horde player guide.
    Sylvanas is the ultimate Dark Ranger. That's what you don't understand. She is the face of the concept.

"When Sylvanas Windrunner, Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, regained her physical body, she realized that the natural world would never respond to her wishes again. Angered by this development, she turned to the arts that were becoming more and more natural to her: Necromancy. She altered her elven ranger teachings into a new form. Thus, the dark rangers were born." - taken from the RPG sources.

What is a Dark Ranger priest?
    Where does it say it is a prestige hunter class?

Jesus christ you guys. If a Zombie can learn how to be a fucking Monk lol I am sure a Dark Ranger can learn to be one too. None of the last few pages make any sense.

Some of you guys are so rigid in what you believe to be canonical to the WoW lore you'd make fundamentalist religious folks blush.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Sylvanas is the ultimate Dark Ranger. That's what you don't understand. She is the face of the concept.

"When Sylvanas Windrunner, Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, regained her physical body, she realized that the natural world would never respond to her wishes again. Angered by this development, she turned to the arts that were becoming more and more natural to her: Necromancy. She altered her elven ranger teachings into a new form. Thus, the dark rangers were born." - taken from the RPG sources.

What is a Dark Ranger priest?
    Where does it say it is a prestige hunter class?
    Yes Sylvanas was the lead dark ranger and face of the concept, but she has deviated from the RPG concept just as she Deviated from the RPG ranger concept. all of the new Maw/domination stuff she has picked up is just as wide or wider then the gap in RPG classes which would mean it would fall into it's own class.

as for Prestige classes.
    While mages, paladins, rogues and warriors attract much of the spotlight on Azeroth, many heroes choose to
    follow more dedicated, specifi c paths to power and renown (or infamy, as the case may be). Through organizations,
    old traditions and esoteric ways, PCs can discover and gain levels in prestige classes, which specialize in particular
    abilities, skills and areas of expertise.
    The prestige classes available to PCs are described in this chapter, although in general players should discuss taking
    levels in a prestige class with their GMs. Be sure to check out other Warcraft supplements for many more prestige
    class options (see the “But Wait — There’s More!” sidebar in Chapter 18: Warcraft Campaigns).
    Elven rangers is one such dedicated path for hunters (elf only) Dark ranger is then a Horde version of it (forsaken only not limited to elfs)

Dark rangers are elven rangers with a different focus. You may notice that some of the dark ranger’s abilities
    have identical names to the elven ranger’s abilities but are worded differently. This is intentional; the dark
    ranger’s abilities include the official wording of those abilities. This errata changes the elven ranger’s bow
    strike, keen arrows, and arrow cleave abilities to those described here. (The abilities function the same way, but
    the new wording creates clarity.)
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Doesn't this imply that they are just called darkfallen elves.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Doesn't this imply that they are just called darkfallen elves.
    Yes because the new customizations for Dark Rangers are representing the Darkfallen.

Hunters get an additional Transmog set to represent Dark Rangers as a whole.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Wrong again.

This indicates they are to most degree similar to Sylvanas, You can stop being wrong now.
    And you are not a banshee, therefore, you are regular ranger and don't get their powers

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes, a Customization option that has not been reserved for a new race, nor for a hero class. It is a customization that represents Dark Rangers without the need for a Hero class or new Race/Allied Race. It is officially a Dark Ranger, as you stated.
    And when you pick other classes, are you a Dark Ranger as well?

Yes Sylvanas was the lead dark ranger and face of the concept, but she has deviated from the RPG concept just as she Deviated from the RPG ranger concept. all of the new Maw/domination stuff she has picked up is just as wide or wider then the gap in RPG classes which would mean it would fall into it's own class.
    This is not a deviation, but a development. The concept is old. Sylvanas updates it to modern times.

as for Prestige classes.

Elven rangers is one such dedicated path for hunters (elf only) Dark ranger is then a Horde version of it (forsaken only not limited to elfs)
    A Death Knight is a Paladin prestige class?
    "Most death knights are fallen paladins, having fought in battle against the Scourge and proven themselves worthy. Any member of the Scourge powerful enough to defeat a particularly strong paladin knows whether or not that paladin would make a fine death knight."

A Demon Hunter is a Mage prestige class?
    "Originally a powerful night elf sorcerer, Illidan officially betrayed his people by defecting to the demonic Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients".

7+ Year Old Account
    This is not a deviation, but a development. The concept is old. Sylvanas updates it to modern times.

A Death Knight is a Paladin prestige class?
    "Most death knights are fallen paladins, having fought in battle against the Scourge and proven themselves worthy. Any member of the Scourge powerful enough to defeat a particularly strong paladin knows whether or not that paladin would make a fine death knight."

A Demon Hunter is a Mage prestige class?
    "Originally a powerful night elf sorcerer, Illidan officially betrayed his people by defecting to the demonic Burning Legion during the War of the Ancients".
    Sylvanas is not updating the RPG concept the RPG concept is a separate baratching path from the Wow one the two are not directly linked and while sylvanas fell into both at the off set she has since deviated just like she deviated from elven ranger taking up new weapon classes and schools of magic which would lead to her being a new class.

demon hunters are a prestige class of mages though notably do not follow illidan's path in the RPG.
    Later, a group of night elves, inspired by Illidan’s
    example, made a pact to turn the Burning Legion’s
    powers against it, fighting destruction with destruction.
    Obviously they could not gain their powers in the same
    way Illidan did, but they discovered other means. In the
    millennia since, other night elves, and a few creatures of
    other races, have made the same pact, binding demonic
    essence in their bodies and using it to destroy the Legion’s
    minions
    DK's yup are an off shoot of pally's.

Most death knights are fallen Knights of the Silver
    Hand, brought to their knees by their failure to do
    anything to stop the plague and save Lordaeron from
    the Lich King’s depredations. These once noble warriors
    have allowed bitterness and defeat to overcome them
    and propel their souls toward damnation.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-05 at 09:12 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

And when you pick other classes, are you a Dark Ranger as well?
    In the lore of the novel and through the quests, it's specifically to a Undead Elf (Darkfallen) Hunter. That is why they also get the transmog set.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-05 at 10:20 PM.

Sylvanas is not updating the RPG concept the RPG concept is a separate baratching path from the Wow one the two are not directly linked and while sylvanas fell into both at the off set she has since deviated just like she deviated from elven ranger taking up new weapon classes and schools of magic which would lead to her being a new class.
    Dude. Sylvanas is still a Dark Ranger through and through. That you don't get it is a problem. Her new abilities are meant to represent Dark Ranger.
    Of course a Dark Ranger is different to a Ranger. That's the whole point of differentiating the two. She still hasn't changed to another class since her alliance with the Jailer.

demon hunters are a prestige class of mages though notably do not follow illidan's path in the RPG.

DK's yup are an off shoot of pally's.
    Oh really? So why are they not simply a customization option for Mages and Paladins?

In the lore of the novel and through the quests, it's specifically to a Undead Elf (Darkfallen) Hunter. That is why they also get the transmog set.
    So, why can you use it with other classes?
    Perhaps, the set alone is meant to represent Dark Ranger while the customization is meant to represent Darkfallen?

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude. Sylvanas is still a Dark Ranger through and through. That you don't get it is a problem. Her new abilities are meant to represent Dark Ranger.
    Of course a Dark Ranger is different to a Ranger. That's the whole point of differentiating the two. She still hasn't changed to another class since her alliance with the Jailer.
    yes Sylvanas is still a dark ranger in every sense when it comes to wow but when it comes to the RPG and the ways they do classes every thing post her deal with the jailer would fall into a new class as she uses a different school of magic and gains new weapon classes Which is already further then the difference between Elvan ranger and dark ranger in the RPG where DR just gain a new spell school.

Pretty much she’d be, Class: Hunter-Dark ranger-maw sworn, if we were going by RPG concepts, so dark ranger would be needed if you wanted to prestige into maw sworn or you could stay pure dark ranger or multi class into something else.

Oh really? So why are they not simply a customization option for Mages and Paladins?
    the same reason you don’t do 2d6 damaged with wow ability’s, wow and the RPG don’t work on the same design principles as each other neither was ever made to reflect the other in function or form beyond the basics which is why the RPG is none canon.

yes Sylvanas is still a dark ranger in every sense when it comes to wow but when it comes to the RPG and the ways they do classes every thing post her deal with the jailer would fall into a new class as she uses a different school of magic and gains new weapon classes Which is already further then the difference between Elvan ranger and dark ranger in the RPG where DR just gain a new spell school.

Pretty much she’d be, Class: Hunter-Dark ranger-maw sworn, if we were going by RPG concepts, so dark ranger would be needed if you wanted to prestige into maw sworn or you could stay pure dark ranger or multi class into something else.
    You're just creating your own headcanon.
    Of course it's different. Playable Death Knights are different to the RPG Death Knight. Playable Demon Hunters are different to the RPG one. Playable Monks are different to the RPG Brewmaster.
    There is no Mawsworn class and there never will be. What you're talking about is the Dark Ranger. A recent iteration of it. Time change. Concepts can't stay the same forever.
    I don't know what you're talking about. She still uses the same school of magic: Death. It's just the spell effect that changed. She still wields her bow and daggers.

the same reason you don’t do 2d6 damaged with wow ability’s, wow and the RPG don’t work on the same design principles as each other neither was ever made to reflect the other in function or form beyond the basics which is why the RPG is none canon.
    So, how is the Dark Ranger simply a Hunter but the other two are not?

So, why can you use it with other classes?
    Perhaps, the set alone is meant to represent Dark Ranger while the customization is meant to represent Darkfallen?
    I mean if thats how you want to RP your Hunter, by all means that is what the customizations are there for. But Blizzard is otherwise specific to the Darkfallen being the primary lore-based representatives of the Dark Ranger.

The set is there to present the Dark Ranger customization as a full package. However you choose to represent your own Dark Ranger is up to your personal choice.

Just like with DK, they are officially represented mainly through Human or Forsaken, but you can choose to be a Gnome or Pandaren DK if you want to.

I mean if thats how you want to RP your Hunter, by all means that is what the customizations are there for. But Blizzard is otherwise specific to the Darkfallen being the primary lore-based representatives of the Dark Ranger.

The set is there to present the Dark Ranger customization as a full package. However you choose to represent your own Dark Ranger is up to your personal choice.

Just like with DK, they are officially represented mainly through Human or Forsaken, but you can choose to be a Gnome or Pandaren DK if you want to.
    If i choose a Druid, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Warlock, Warrior with undead skin and red eyes, am i a Dark Ranger?

7+ Year Old Account
    You're just creating your own headcanon.
    As are you as the RPG hasn’t been updated and never will be. The only difference is I'm apply the design principles of the RPG to bring sylvanas in line with the other classes in it and while your not.

So, how is the Dark Ranger simply a Hunter but the other two are not?
    As I said the two games don’t work on the same design principles, what one does with a class has no baring on what the other does.

In the RPG the classes work one way in wow they work another and in wow they have deemed dark ranger to not be a class at all.

If i choose a Druid, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Warlock, Warrior with undead skin and red eyes, am i a Dark Ranger?
    No, you are a Darkfallyn, it's how Blizz has decided to categorise the undead elves be them previously Dark Rangers or Sanlyan..

I dont like the fact it's just a customisation I think it's lazy and a compromise to keep a subset of players quiet.

As I said, lorewise, Dark Ranger is specific to Hunters. They are already part of the Unseen Path. Trueshot Lodge is where you get the new transmog set.

Whatever combo you choose otherwise is literally just gameplay choice, like having a Wildhammer Dwarf Warlock or Paladin.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-06 at 03:58 PM.

As are you as the RPG hasn’t been updated and never will be. The only difference is I'm apply the design principles of the RPG to bring sylvanas in line with the other classes in it and while your not.
    The RPG sources have not been rewritten. WoW did it for them.

As I said the two games don’t work on the same design principles, what one does with a class has no baring on what the other does.

In the RPG the classes work one way in wow they work another and in wow they have deemed dark ranger to not be a class at all.
    Both go though a transition process. What differentiates between them when coming to translate one but not the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    No, you are a Darkfallyn, it's how Blizz has decided to categorise the undead elves be them previously Dark Rangers or Sanlyan..

I dont like the fact it's just a customisation I think it's lazy and a compromise to keep a subset of players quiet.
    Tell it to them. They tell me it's a Dark Ranger.
    By the way, a Darkfallen Druid or Paladin doesn't make much sense.

As I said, lorewise, Dark Ranger is specific to Hunters. They are already part of the Unseen Path. Trueshot Lodge is where you get the new transmog set.

Whatever combo you choose otherwise is literally just gameplay choice, like having a Wildhammer Dwarf Warlock or Paladin.
    Got you.

7+ Year Old Account
    The RPG sources have not been rewritten. WoW did it for them.
    No wow did not rewrite any thing for the RPG the two are completely disconnected wows updates have no baring at all on the RPG and vice versa which is why they are not canon to each other.

Both go though a transition process. What differentiates between them when coming to translate one but not the other?
    There are no differences between translation because the classes were never translated from the RPG.

RPG demon hunters have nothing to do with Wow demon hunters they are not trained by illidan they don’t trap demons in them selfs and a minority of them are elfs unlike it being elf exclusive in wow. There is zero overlap between the RPG class and the WoW class other then thinking Illidan is cool.

Same with DK’s In the RPG they are second generation who willingly joined arthas and aren't even undead, Wow DK’s ignore second generation all together and are a completely different thing.

Both Wow and the RPG take parts from WC1-3 and develop them along diverging path they never intact or translate between the two. DH’s and DK’s diverged into four totally different classes with no over lap and dark rangers diverged into a class in one and a cosmetic in another.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-06 at 04:43 PM.

No wow did not rewrite any thing for the RPG the two are completely disconnected wows updates have no baring at all on the RPG and vice versa which is why they are not canon to each other.
    This is why classes from the RPG have been introduced to WoW with an updated version?

There are no differences between translation because the classes were never translated from the RPG.

RPG demon hunters have nothing to do with Wow demon hunters they are not trained by illidan they don’t trap demons in them selfs and a minority of them are elfs unlike it being elf exclusive in wow. There is zero overlap between the RPG class and the WoW class other then thinking Illidan is cool.

Same with DK’s In the RPG they are second generation who willingly joined arthas and aren't even undead, Wow DK’s ignore second generation all together and are a completely different thing.

Both Wow and the RPG take parts from WC1-3 and develop them along diverging path they never intact or translate between the two. DH’s and DK’s diverged into four totally different classes with no over lap and dark rangers diverged into a class in one and a cosmetic in another.
    What are you talking about?
    Demon Hunters aren't trained by Illidan? They don't have demon souls? Minority of them being elves? Zero overlap?
    We know there is a difference between the second generation of Death Knights and the third ones.
    Saying they are completely unrelated is quite naive. The classes are based on them.