Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    DI leveling is almost a carbon copy of D3 leveling. If you liked D3 campaign play style you’ll like DI campaign, if you didn’t like D3 campaign play style you won’t like DI campaign.

I’m replaying D2R with a Sorceress and it’s quite annoying atm (middle of act 2). You smash buttons in there too, the only difference is that I run oom every 5 seconds and I have to port back every 5 minutes to sell stuff and buy other potions. QoL is pretty bad if you’re used to modern games. I’m sure it’ll improve at higher levels but leveling is really a pita.

But liking the gameplay or not is just a personal preference. Besides the mtx stuff that you can totally ignore at least while leveling, the game for me is pretty solid at the moment considering it’s free. I hate it being multiplayer by design but that’s me.
    Talking to you, is like talking to someone and they literally aren't listening to a word you're saying, only thinking about what they're going to say next.

There's no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Are you saying that your opinion about the DI value overrules the opinion of people who play it and pay in it?
    Maybe something about them being fooled by Blizzard with predatory monetization tactics?
    You cannot be possibly wrong, right?
    If you or anyone wants to blow thousands on this game then knock yourselves out. I could not give a shit if you want to waste your money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Fair enough. I'm a few hours in and so far the touchscreen controls seem to work amazingly, if anything it's better than kb+m.
    I think one of the biggest praises about the game is that it plays well, I heard the responses are good, the graphics are pretty good (on ipad or phone), and it generally feels like a good Diablo game.

Its just unfortunate that its bogged down by the horrible microtransactions and gambling mechanics. Which is a big kick in the gut to the developers who probably put a lot of hard good work into the good stuff.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I think one of the biggest praises about the game is that it plays well
    It plays so well it basically plays itself

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No, I understand them just fine. You said WoW has value because for the money you spend you get an average of 4 hours a day per week or whatever specific number you gave. That means that people able to get a few hours on average per week out of Diablo Immortal for free automatically has greater value. Because the price to buy into that value is lower then the box and subscription of WoW. But sure I'm the one that doesn't understand the concept lmao.
    It's not automatically greater value, I can't participate at all levels of the game. Once you've hit max level and run a few (free) rifts, there isn't much to do other than start pumping money into it. Max level won't take more than a days worth of playing.

Congratulations, you got 20 hours out of a free game. Now pump in that cash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It plays so well it basically plays itself
    I don't think its on the level of AFK Arena... yet :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I was watching quin69 play it, and apparently he has spent over 5k on the cash shop so far wtf. On reddit I read that you have to pay about 100k on average to max out one character. Let's see.
    Yes, maxing out one character on day 1 costs a lot. I mean, maxing out a character on WoW using boosts costs in the tens of thousands at least, and that's not even talking cosmetics and old achievements.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It's not automatically greater value, I can't participate at all levels of the game. Once you've hit max level and run a few (free) rifts, there isn't much to do other than start pumping money into it. Max level won't take more than a days worth of playing.

Or maybe, just maybe, hear me out, just put it aside and wait for a content update - then get some more hours of free game out of it. It's not like you are required to pump cash into it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Really? BEcause you can chase around to complete legacy of the horadrim and then grind keys so you can work to max that out. You can work on achievements so you can get hilts for all the goods from the hilt vendor. You can do Shadow/Immortal tasks (no idea what Immortals do but Shadows have a decent amount of PvE). You can run your bounties or work on challenge rifts. You can chain run dungeons to get set items. Heck you can even try your hand on some raid runs in the Helliquary. None of that requires you spend money.
    Diablo Immortal has launched with MORE activities and ways to progress than Diablo 3 has after an expansion and years of additions. ONE of those progression paths depends heavily on MTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Talking to you, is like talking to someone and they literally aren't listening to a word you're saying, only thinking about what they're going to say next.

There's no point.
    I can say the same, sorry. I firstly replied to a post in which you said it’s a shitty game for “reasons” I totally do not cope with. The DI campaign is basically D3 style without random open world maps and with footprints telling where to go. I may agree they are unnecessary, but it’s not that in D3 you were lost and didn’t know where to go, it was pretty straightforward either.

You may not like D3 play style and it’s just fine but D3 is quite far from being a shitty game, sorry.

If you wanna be right no matter what, I agree there’s no point in going on, just ignore me and gg.

10+ Year Old Account

20 hours out of a free game is pretty fucking great. What are you on about?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why can't I play the same game forever for free!!!!

I mean these days your lucky to get 10 hours out of a game you paid 49.99 for

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why can't I play the same game forever for free!!!!
    How to awaken a full set of legendary gear

First we need to rank up our gems

Upgrading all 6xgems to rank 10
    Depending on the rank of gems you want to use to get to rank 10 costs:
    1-star gems: 30 duplicate 1 star gems
    2-star gems: 240 duplicate 2 star gems
    5-star gems: 348 duplicate 2 star gems

In addition:
    1-star gems: 1350 gem power
    2-star gems: 4110 gem power
    5-star gems: 26,700 gem power

You'll get 1 gem power per 1 star gem sacrificed, 4 per 2 star gem sacrificed, 16? per 5 star. You can only craft 1 or 2 star gems, 95% of your drops will be 1 or 2 stars. (75.3% 1 star, 20.1% 2 star, 4.5% 5 star) meaning you'll average about 2.2 power per gem drop.

This brings us to roughly
    1-star awakening set: 625 gems
    2-star awakening set: 2050 gems
    5-star awakening set: 12,163 gems

Between crests and materials you can acquire up to 8 gems per month for free.

On top of this, it requires 1,000 eternal orbs per awakening regardless of star level. So assuming you spend no other money for eternal orbs, your most cost efficient way is to buy the $50, $25 and $10 bundles for a total of 6,030 gems @$85. Or you can pay $100 and get the 7200 pack if you want extra.

So if we play 6.5 years, we can earn the privilege of paying $85 to unlock our 1-star awakened set!

Roughly 1 piece per year!

Of course we can spend 160 orbs to shortcut 1 gem drop, so at minimum, a 1-star awakened legendary can be yours today for the low cost of 16,640 Eternal orbs or $230 USD. (Costs for 5-star are roughly 19.5x higher. With a final cost closer to $4,500 per piece)

Awakened legendaries will boost the power of their unique modifiers, lowering cooldowns, increasing damage, and giving you other beneficial effects. It will also allow you to start building more resonance which increases the base stats of the item. (This is not the end of the power grind)
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-06-07 at 10:30 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    How to awaken a full set of legendary gear

First we need to rank up our gems

Upgrading all 6xgems to rank 10
    Depending on the rank of gems you want to use to get to rank 10 costs:
    1-star gems: 30 duplicate 1 star gems
    2-star gems: 240 duplicate 2 star gems
    5-star gems: 348 duplicate 2 star gems

In addition:
    1-star gems: 1350 gem power
    2-star gems: 4110 gem power
    5-star gems: 26,700 gem power

You'll get 1 gem power per 1 star gem sacrificed, 4 per 2 star gem sacrificed, 16? per 5 star. You can only craft 1 or 2 star gems, 95% of your drops will be 1 or 2 stars. (75.3% 1 star, 20.1% 2 star, 4.5% 5 star) meaning you'll average about 2.2 power per gem drop.

This brings us to roughly
    1-star awakening set: 625 gems
    2-star awakening set: 2050 gems
    5-star awakening set: 12,163 gems

Between crests and materials you can acquire up to 8 gems per month for free.

On top of this, it requires 1,000 eternal orbs per awakening regardless of star level. So assuming you spend no other money for eternal orbs, your most cost efficient way is to buy the $50, $25 and $10 bundles for a total of 6,030 gems @$85. Or you can pay $100 and get the 7200 pack if you want extra.

So if we play 6.5 years, we can earn the privilege of paying $85 to unlock our awakened set!

Roughly 1 piece per year!

Of course we can spend 160 orbs to shortcut 1 gem drop, so at minimum, a 1-star awakened legendary can be yours today for the low cost of 16,640 Eternal orbs or $230 USD
    Or I can just play until progression is so slow its tedious - and then not play anymore. Questionmark?

Could also make a new character, I guess. But why, though.

People seem to think you're supposed to play this game for hours every day for years. Kinda weird. It's a mobile game with a PC port.

You don't play Candy Crush for hours every day for years unless your name is Karen.
    Hi

Or I can just play until progression is so slow its tedious - and then not play anymore. Questionmark?

Could also make a new character, I guess. But why, though.

People seem to think you're supposed to play this game for hours every day for years. Kinda weird. It's a mobile game with a PC port.

You don't play Candy Crush for hours every day for years unless your name is Karen.
    Kinda weird other ARPGs or MMOs don't have gearing systems like this that are scaled over the course of years of progress in a single tier, and have paywalls built in to them? It's almost like they expect some people to actually pay that. And for other players who don't pay to play with those people and be subjected to their massively increased power.

Why doesn't WoW sell a 50% health and damage boost for 50k? We could lower it to 30% in PvP for "fairness". /s
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Not really when the entire game is designed to constantly get you to buy shit. I am convinced most people start out as being opposed to in game purchases, and before they know it, their little free 20 hour game has now cost them 10 bucks every time they want to run a rift.

Right?

The things they'll say to try to make the game look bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Right?

The things they'll say to try to make the game look bad...
    Like quoting how much advertised features cost

Doesn't really take much "trying", it's doing a fine job on it's own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda weird other ARPGs or MMOs don't have gearing systems like this that are scaled over the course of years of progress in a single tier, and have paywalls built in to them? It's almost like they expect some people to actually pay that. And for other players who don't pay to play with those people and be subjected to their massively increased power.

Why doesn't WoW sell a 50% health and damage boost for 50k? We could lower it to 30% in PvP for "fairness". /s
    What are you talking about? There are probably thousands of games with a similar MTX system for both iOS and Android. Just check the top grossing list and you'll find several of them. This isn't new. These "other" games you're talking about is on a whole different plattform where the monetization is quite different.

You think the average joe gives a shit about whales in F2P games? Sorry to burst your bubble.

You're comparing WoW to Diablo Immortal? What the fuck am I reading. Are you trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

Like quoting how much advertised features cost

Doesn't really take much "trying", it's doing a fine job on it's own.
    I mean the feedback it's getting on the playstores proves you wrong. That's even counting the people who just give it a 1 star without playing because they're childish.
    Hi