Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Not really when the entire game is designed to constantly get you to buy shit. I am convinced most people start out as being opposed to in game purchases, and before they know it, their little free 20 hour game has now cost them 10 bucks every time they want to run a rift.
    The only time the game sends me to the shop is to collect my free daily reward. And why do you need to run legendary crests constantly? It's a mobile game, how long is your commute???

Probably lose interest before I even get a full set of leggos or even the right gems for my build this games asinine with the lack of progression without paying

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Peasant: You can pay $100k to buy everything, that's outrageous, I want that gone!
    Saudi Prince: Why?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What are you talking about? There are probably thousands of games with a similar MTX system for both iOS and Android. Just check the top grossing list and you'll find several of them. This isn't new. These "other" games you're talking about is on a whole different plattform where the monetization is quite different.

You think the average joe gives a shit about whales in F2P games? Sorry to burst your bubble.

You're comparing WoW to Diablo Immortal? What the fuck am I reading. Are you trolling?
    Feel free to name some similarly monetized games, bonus points if its an ARPG, I'm curious. If there are thousands it should be pretty easy right?

I don't have to pay for it, you don't have to agree with my opinion.

It's a new Diablo game with expanded lore. It's for Diablo fans, who are traditionally a PC crowd. Blizzard wasn't always a shitty mobile game publisher, maybe we had reason to expect better from them. (Even though we saw what happened in the beta) Maybe they shouldn't have made a PC port if they didn't want it judged alongside PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Peasant: You can pay $100k to buy everything, that's outrageous, I want that gone!
    Saudi Prince: Why?
    Wyatt Cheng: That's not even true! (Technically it can cost more than that, and that's only on a single character class and build, not everything )

You gotta give it to blizzard, making the pay to win so outrageous that streamers will drop thousands of dollars on the game as a meme to prove a point. And no doubt a handful will max out a set on every class to show off. Eaaasy 600k a head. And all it cost them was the reputation of the franchise. Their titles were basically in the toilet anyways. Kind of weird going through with making another diablo game after this though, it could eat into the sales a bit.

Hope it doesn't mess with the microsoft buyout, was low-key hoping WoW would get put on the Games Pass. Maybe they figured the curse was going to kill the company like other studios that were bought and wanted to milk it for everything they could.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-06-07 at 11:04 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The only time the game sends me to the shop is to collect my free daily reward. And why do you need to run legendary crests constantly? It's a mobile game, how long is your commute???
    Commuting is for suckers

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing outrageous in Diablo Immortal monetization.
    It's just salty ex-Bliz fans shitting on Bliz simply because it's Bliz and they hate Bliz. They need to grow up.

I'm not fond of Bliz either. But come on, this much energy wasted shitting on a game you don't have to play.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Commuting is for suckers
    When do you play a mobile game? That's really the question.

When do you play a mobile game? That's really the question.
    Like everyone else.

When taking a shit

Like everyone else.

When taking a shit
    Well if you spend more time than a bounty or a rift run, you are getting hemorroids!

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's nothing outrageous in Diablo Immortal monetization.
    It's just salty ex-Bliz fans shitting on Bliz simply because it's Bliz and they hate Bliz. They need to grow up.

I'm not fond of Bliz either. But come on, this much energy wasted shitting on a game you don't have to play.
    Not really a blizzard hater, I play D3 occasionally, I like HoTs, I used to play Overwatch but it kind of fell off with new content. WC3 was my all time favorite RTS. Just said I was hoping WoW got added to the Games Pass, because then I could justify the subscription.

Pay to win hater maybe? But I don't go out of my way to disparage games I have no interest in playing. Other than DI being a bit more of an MMORPG than a true ARPG, I think it has its merits. Just not the monetization.

Well if you spend more time than a bounty or a rift run, you are getting hemorroids!
    The $50 pack should come with a tube of Preparation-H, and the $100 pack should come with lube.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-06-07 at 11:23 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Yes, maxing out one character on day 1 costs a lot. I mean, maxing out a character on WoW using boosts costs in the tens of thousands at least, and that's not even talking cosmetics and old achievements.
    Genuinely curious - What WoW boosts costs tens of thousands?

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Genuinely curious - What WoW boosts costs tens of thousands?
    Probably talking about paying other players to boost you through content, or buying accounts with things you can't earn anymore, which have a price determined by the community not blizzard. Both are also against ToS and would get you banned.

Unless they mean buying all the old tradable cosmetics with WoW tokens, but that doesn't really get you any stronger in the game.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-06-07 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is not ignoring context. You used an incorrect example to try and explain "recommending ways to improve" as bad. I'm not sure why you keep clinging to an incorrect statement when it doesn't actually change anything about the point you made and the point I already addressed. Recommending improvements is not solely to push you into the shop. It can help you improve and help you to survive better.

Because the things they tell you to do are not always things you buy from the cash shop in DI. Like equip an upgraded item. Upgrade/socket non-legendary gems.

- - - Updated - - -

So a level 60 will be stronger then a Paragon 600 simply because of resonance? Do you have a source to back up those claims?
    Now I honestly have to ask, do you even play the game? Do you know what resonance does? It is that strong for power on your toon. Why do you think people want 5-star gems? Just for fun? No. They give Resonance and a shit ton of it.

Also, you should use a realistic example and not some fantasy example that applies to nobody.

1. Nobody is going to magically stop at level 60, even whales who work will play the game normally.

2. The game has a soft-cap for Paragon levels that increases by 2 every day. You're not going to F2P up to Paragon 600 and leave the whales behind.
    Your scenario simply doesn't exist.

To put it this way, if we both play the game normally, I whale for Resonance and you don't, you'll do zero damage compared to me. That's the whole P2W complaint about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Then play PvP.

here, just for you, it's a drop down menu that appears when you die. Taken from a random pvp video about P2W issues. Not sure what he actually says in that video but whatever. I was pretty certain it would show up and it has, literally in the first few seconds of his video.

Like... these recommendations only list options that you can use the shop for.
    It doesn't tell you about how there is PvP equipment (basically) or how you could change your setup or gems. It says "upgrade" for a reason and it starts with "legendary gems" for a reason as well.
    It's the typical, cookie cutter, out of the book kind of thing to do.
    Are you saying that normal gems and equipment upgrades are only available from the shop, it's impossible (or at least implausible) to get them through normal gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Are you saying that normal gems and equipment upgrades are only available from the shop, it's impossible (or at least implausible) to get them through normal gameplay?

No.

But technically, at a certain point you will be where it's implausible to increase your gear with F2P means and then the pop-up will still be there.
    I doubt it will stop popping up.

If you want to, perhaps, tell me how helpful that popup is, spare me.
    This is a simple popup telling you to go be as awesome as the player that just killed you. The best way to achieve that is by upgrading legendary gems, which are listed at the top and thus the first thing every player will click in that list unless they are Saudis or something.
    And the only realiable way to upgrade legendary gems is by spending money.

Overall the popup is completely useless and a joke. By the time players do PvP they already know about upgrading stuff.

edit: also, keep in mind that this post was made in response to someone stating that gear isn't a significant (or even insignificant) factor in PvP. Apparently, even the game itself thinks otherwise.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-07 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Once you max out a gem and have it socketed in a legendary, you can awaken the legendary, increasing it's legendary effect (damage boosts, lower cooldowns, etc) and unlocking the ability to start earning more resonance (increases all base stats per point).

The only way to do this is with a "Dawning Echo" which is currently only available in the cash store for 1,000 Eternal orbs.

Maxing out the lowest level 1-star gem to awaken a legendary the cheapest and fastest way, playing daily to get the maximum 8 free gems a month. It will take you roughly a year of play per piece. 6.5 years to awaken all 6. A 5-star gem awakened legendary costs approximately 19.5x more in material costs, but still only 1 dawning echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling we are not going to change any minds in this thread. We are just spinning wheels in the air.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    No.

But technically, at a certain point you will be where it's implausible to increase your gear with F2P means and then the pop-up will still be there.
    I doubt it will stop popping up.

If you want to, perhaps, tell me how helpful that popup is, spare me.
    This is a simple popup telling you to go be as awesome as the player that just killed you. The best way to achieve that is by upgrading legendary gems, which are listed at the top and thus the first thing every player will click in that list unless they are Saudis or something.
    And the only realiable way to upgrade legendary gems is by spending money.

Overall the popup is completely useless and a joke. By the time players do PvP they already know about upgrading stuff.

edit: also, keep in mind that this post was made in response to someone stating that gear isn't a significant (or even insignificant) factor in PvP. Apparently, even the game itself thinks otherwise.
    Anyone with a working brain understands that in a gear based game, gear does matter in PvP.

The question is: why playing an ARPG (or ANY gear based game) for PvP?

It will never be balanced unless gear templates are in place. And this regardless mtx, knowing someone has far better gear than mine because he can grind in game 10 times my time does not make me feel better than him having far better gear because he spent 10 times my money. In both cases no skill is involved.

I'm trying this new idea that apparently a lot of people posting here haven't ever heard of.

I'm doing "not playing this game".

Have ya'll tried that?
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I get the feeling we are not going to change any minds in this thread. We are just spinning wheels in the air.
    People always think that they are luckier than other people.
    They have to learn the hard way.

After spend $300 for all bundles and didn't get a 5-star gem. they will learn the lesson.