Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Do you think Turalyon participated in the Tyr's Hand peasant massacre?

Considering that this day marks the day where "nothing happened", I thought I would ask this.

Lord Lothar has stationed your troops in the northlands to protect the borders of Quel'thalas. Troubles have arisen in the township of Tyr's Hand, with the local peasant population in a state of minor revolt. You must quell this uprising and then summon the Knights of the Silver Hand to watch over the populace. To maintain order in the region, you must search out all of the Horde forces in the area and destroy them.
    Lothar sent Turalyon, Khadgar, and Alleria to intercept the Horde before Quel'Thalas burned.[22] The army was ferried from below Stromgarde to an area near Stratholme and continued to the border of Quel'Thalas. The Horde proceeded and set fire to Eversong Forest in southern Quel'Thalas.[23]
    The WC2 Orc chapter of assaulting Quel'thalas wasn't in line with the Tyr's Hand chapter but I'd think he'd stop on Tyr's Hand which is why they weren't able to stop the Old Horde in Quel'thalas. This is also the first chapter that used Paladins and Turalyon was one of the first five Paladins, which means he would've been most likely there

If Turalyon did participate, should he be held accountable for the peasant massacre?

Last year's thread: Was the peasant massacre at Tyr's Hand actually justified?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Turalyon and Alleria literally did nothing wrong.

It's a time of world war.

An army of rampaging, blood-crazed aliens is literally laying waste to your kingdom.

They already exterminated a friendly kingdom in the south.

They are literally pillaging, burning, slaughtering, carving a path of destruction across the continent.

And you think *NOW* is a good time to rebel against the government?

Nope, those peasants deserved it. Context matters. It's one thing if it was a revolt during a time of peace. It's another thing if it's a revolt during a time of world war for the survival of your entire race.

As the game tells you, it was unpleasant to slaughter human workers. But it had to be done. The Horde was marching on their doorstep and they couldn't allow one of their major settlements in the area to be taken over by rebels. Order had to be restored.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Considering that this day marks the day where "nothing happened", I thought I would ask this.

The WC2 Orc chapter of assaulting Quel'thalas wasn't in line with the Tyr's Hand chapter but I'd think he'd stop on Tyr's Hand which is why they weren't able to stop the Old Horde in Quel'thalas. This is also the first chapter that used Paladins and Turalyon was one of the first five Paladins, which means he would've been most likely there

If Turalyon did participate, should he be held accountable for the peasant massacre?

Last year's thread: Was the peasant massacre at Tyr's Hand actually justified?
    Pretty sure said revolt is now non-cannon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

An army of rampaging, blood-crazed aliens is literally laying waste to your kingdom.

They are literally pillaging, burning, slaughtering, carving a path of destruction across the continent.

Nope, those peasants deserved it. Context matters. It's one thing if it was a revolt during a time of peace. It's another thing if it's a revolt during a time of world war for the survival of your entire race.

As the game tells you, it was unpleasant to slaughter human workers. But it had to be done. The Horde was marching on their doorstep and they couldn't allow one of their major settlements in the area to be taken over by rebels. Order had to be restored.
    the american government put japanese americans in internment camps and that was wrong and the government admitted that it was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the american government put japanese americans in internment camps and that was wrong and the government admitted that it was wrong
    Different situations.

We were not being invaded by a literal monster alien race that wanted to exterminate humanity and were controlled by Satan.

The Alliance wouldn't have used such drastic measures if the enemy was a human one.

And btw @Ardenaso there is no conclusive evidence that Turalyon, Alleria, and Khadgar did it. They could have simply landed in New Avalon, which is a town near Tyr's Hand's walls, but is still a different settlement... alternatively, they could have simply delegated the task to a subordinate.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    wait since when? it's retconned off from Tides Of Darkness and Chronicles like there was no revolt like literally nothing happened in Tyr's Hand Square in the Second War?

- - - Updated - - -

it was now because they were instigated by the Alteraci agents

I don't think they were slaughtering, kind of like "hey guys I think we should get less taxes" or "hey guys #NoWar" or something; the game only made them attack your troops because of gameplay limitations, of course they're set to hostile as a way of "they're hostile, kill them to get rid of them"

- - - Updated - - -

And btw @Ardenaso there is no conclusive evidence that Turalyon, Alleria, and Khadgar did it. They could have simply landed in New Avalon, which is a town near Tyr's Hand's walls, but is still a different settlement... alternatively, they could have simply delegated the task to a subordinate.
    it was the chapter where you first used Paladins in WC2, and Turalyon is one of the first 5 Paladins
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    It's possible, but it's hard to say. Canonically, the only Alliance forces that are present are those from the Kingdom of Lordaeron (and Kul Tiras, depending on the source). Although, taking a look at a relatively modern and detailed map of the Eastern Kingdoms, the only route that you could be ferried (via boat) near Stratholme is if you sailed west and then north along the coast until you reached New Avalon and then march through Tyr's Hand; however, this is only true in a modern context. The Warcraft 2 map is different and has multiple routes you can take to reach Stratholme by river and sea.

Essentially, I'm just saying that there's a lot of questions that need to be answered for us to answer that question.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

wait since when? it's retconned off from Tides Of Darkness and Chronicles like there was no revolt like literally nothing happened in Tyr's Hand Square in the Second War?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they were slaughtering, kind of like "hey guys I think we should get less taxes" or "hey guys #NoWar" or something; the game only made them attack your troops because of gameplay limitations, of course they're set to hostile as a way of "they're hostile, kill them to get rid of them"

- - - Updated - - -

it was the chapter where you first used Paladins in WC2, and Turalyon is one of the first 5 Paladins
    You talked about gameplay limitations then proceed to make this argument.

It doesn't confirm that it was Turalyon, they simply wanted to give you this gameplay unit that is part of the Alliance's gameplay roster in that game. That they thought beyond "Hey lets give players this new unit for this mission" and considered Turalyon is your headcanon.

Considering this is a footnote in a single WC2 mission in an obscure area that hasn't been relevant to the story outside of fighting some scarlet crusaders in it, I'm going to write this off as "what? who cares?"

Skimming the wiki it looks like you eventually find the conspirators responsible for agitating the revolt for their own means and deal with that, orcs attack the place, other stuff happens, eventually scarlet crusade live there, we kill them, they're raised, we kill them again, and now it's Argent Crusade occupied.

I think rather than focusing on an obscure WC2 mission that doesn't have him actively appear as a Hero Unit, which is absolutely irrelevant to anything, we should focus on his actions specifically. But I am not saying he wouldn't do something like this, based on his actions in Before The Storm, pretty sure that was the novel where he used "advanced interrogation techniques" with Alleria combining light and void in order to torture someone for information. He's definitely "light does not mean nice" and I worry about the impact having his goddess-adjacent obliterated in front of him had on his mental health.

I think he's someone who is adamantly convinced what he is doing is right, but as we've seen with the Light, conviction alone does not a hero make.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2022-06-05 at 02:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    considered Turalyon is your headcanon.
    I just thought that it was him because of their locations

not sure if it could be Saidan or Gavinrad instead; I don't think Uther or Tirion would do that

I just thought that it was him because of their locations

not sure if it could be Saidan or Gavinrad instead; I don't think Uther or Tirion would do that
    As we see from Shadowlands, Uther was always a very mentally unstable and troubled individual, despite his "calm" demeanour. It wouldn't surprise me if it was him who did it.

Wouldn't be surprised; it's morally questionable and is entirely on the Alliance, so there's no tendency on Blizzard's part to incorporate or acknowledge that.

Do you think Turalyon participated in the Tyr's Hand peasant massage?

No, the mission doesn't involve him.

But I wish it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Since forever really. Outside of WC2 it has never been mentioned once - at all.

3+ Year Old Account
    Since forever really. Outside of WC2 it has never been mentioned once - at all.
    oh

is it another attempt to "whitewash" the Alliance?

next time they will say that Garithos has already been mind controlled by Detheroc before he arrested Kael'thas

oh

next time they will say that Garithos has already been mind controlled by Detheroc before he arrested Kael'thas
    There is nothing to "whitewash".

The government was right to cull the peasants after they rebelled as the government was fighting to protect their entire race from being exterminated by alien invaders.

As for Garithos, if he killed Kael'thas and his followers, later on Kil'jaeden wouldn't have threatened all of Azeroth at the Sunwell and Anveena wouldn't have had to sacrifice herself to banish him. Because of Kael'thas' crimes, such a noble and pure soul like Anveena had to sacrifice herself.

Kael'thas and his followers never did any good after teaming up with Illidan and Vashj, so if they were exterminated, Azeroth wouldn't have lost anything of value.

oh

Garithos is from northern lordaeron. Given how much the Forsaken claim they're the rightful successors of Lordaeron and they are its people now and forever, hes arguably their issue.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    oh

... Please be joking.

Political domination in a time of war. Do the hammers paladins like uther and arthas used to use allow for more debilitating rather than death strikes against a redeemable enemy?