15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I'd argue it was fake co-op
    second trainer coudln't really choose and control what he wants
    Theres no such thing as fake coop. If 2 or more are cooperating in a game, then its coop

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Theres no such thing as fake coop. If 2 or more are cooperating in a game, then its coop
    Lame coop is a better term than fake. Super Mario Galaxy has lame coop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Lame coop is a better term than fake. Super Mario Galaxy has lame coop.
    I agree to that. Although we called it girlfriend mode

XBC3 Special Edition preorders tomorrow(June 8th):

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xe.../1100-6500565/

New trailer:

Can't see the steelbook well, but it looks neat. Art looks great on it. I'ma try to get one. Art book looks like same binding as the XBCDE that came with the collectors edition. That is a super nice art book. Wish there was some other stuff in it, but at least what we get is very well presented and high quality.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-07 at 07:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No. We've had "rumors" for like 2 years and theyre in milk 3 houses mode and we're getting a fe game this year already

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1...661297664?s=20 boogerman trailer tomorrow. Lets see if they can wow me

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno. Still no voice acting and still no deep dive into any mechanics
    Why should Pokemon suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue. For mechanics, I hope they bring back mega evolution. Still not a fan of the character models, but the customization makes it a bit better atleast.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why should Pokemon suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue. For mechanics, I hope they bring back mega evolution. Still not a fan of the character models, but the customization makes it a bit better atleast.
    For most big-name titles, voice acting has become increasingly industry standard, so people have started to have increasing expectations of Pokemon following suit. I remember this being something people called out before Sword and Shield came out as well. Personally, I don't really care either way, and arguably kinda prefer lack of voice acting, but I kinda see where people are coming from on it.

Would be nice to see Mega Evolution come back, but in general, I'd like to see them not have some sort of "borrowed power"-type feature like the last 2 gens had (Z Moves, Dynamax). But I'm not counting on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why should any game start to have voice acting? They never had it and was never an issue

Why would Zelda suddenly start to have any voice acting? They never had that, and it was never an issue.

Why should we have moved to 3D? 2D was never an issue. Why should we improve graphics? No one complained about it in the SNES era. Why should we have stories in our games? Atari games didn't have any.

It's because the medium progresses. There isn't really a reason for Pokemon to not have voice acting, other than them not giving a shit and saving the money. It was obvious why they didn't have till the DS/3DS due to technical limiations, but on the Switch, it is more than capable of handling voice acting and the pisspoor stories could be improved by the characters expressing some sort of emotions via voices, since they always do the same 3 animations anyways.

Not to mention, Sword/Shield literally had a scene where one character was supposed to SING and they thought "yeah, we don't have any voice acting, but let's implement a gym leader "singing" ". The DS atleast had pseudo singing in on of its Pokemon games (don't remember which) via midi sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    For most big-name titles, voice acting has become increasingly industry standard, so people have started to have increasing expectations of Pokemon following suit. I remember this being something people called out before Sword and Shield came out as well. Personally, I don't really care either way, and arguably kinda prefer lack of voice acting, but I kinda see where people are coming from on it.

Would be nice to see Mega Evolution come back, but in general, I'd like to see them not have some sort of "borrowed power"-type feature like the last 2 gens had (Z Moves, Dynamax). But I'm not counting on it.
    I wouldn't expect them to have full voice acting, but main story content should atleast do it to avoid travesties like this.

Cyber Sleuth had voiced main story and unvoiced side quests (even when featuring just the main cast in a sidequest), and that was good balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Not to mention, Sword/Shield literally had a scene where one character was supposed to SING and they thought "yeah, we don't have any voice acting, but let's implement a gym leader "singing" ". The DS atleast had pseudo singing in on of its Pokemon games (don't remember which) via midi sounds
    Gen 5 being the peak chaddiness it was, had sung lyrics in two of the GYM themes in BW2

and ofc Ghetsis had fucking choir chanting for him in the battle theme.

All on the DS btw.

Still spreading the only thing these games offer over 2 games.. . Catching different pokemon. No voice acting and open worlds that look incredibly lifeless with one trainer on the road. Sign me up baby.

That gym leader singing in silence in sword and shield is kinda eerie. I suppose it's hard to ask yourself is this a bit weird when you're busy counting money though
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-06-07 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    It was obvious why they didn't have till the DS/3DS due to technical limiations
    It's a stretch to say it was a technical limitation on the DS and a flat out lie to say it was one on the 3DS. DS had a decent amount of games with voice acting and 3DS had a ton.

SMTIV had 8+ hours of voice acting on the 3DS. Just what technical limitation are we talking about here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's a stretch to say it was a technical limitation on the DS and a flat out lie to say it was one on the 3DS. DS had a decent amount of games with voice acting and 3DS had a ton.

SMTIV had 8+ hours of voice acting on the 3DS. Just what technical limitation are we talking about here?
    Them not wanting to spend more on a bigger cart size. You saw bdsp had 45% of the game locked behind the day 1 patch because of it xd

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Still spreading the only thing these games offer over 2 games.. . Catching different pokemon. No voice acting and open worlds that look incredibly lifeless with one trainer on the road. Sign me up baby.

That gym leader singing in silence in sword and shield is kinda eerie. I suppose it's hard to ask yourself is this a bit weird when you're busy counting money though
    Just going to say I can go the rest of my life without every listening to VA in games. Only in unskippable cut scenes. If there is an option to turn off voices, I always do. The reason, almost 100% of the time the voice the game uses never matches up with what I think the character sounds like and I can read the dialogue so much faster than the lines being delivered. Not to mention, most of the time VA is so uninspired or cringy, I'd rather not listen to it. This applies to all my favorite games that have VA as well. Id rather the budget be used elsewhere. I know I'm a small minority in this regard, but if Pokemon never has VA or keeps it to a very minimum, I'd be fine with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get a xenoblade 3 se is worse than trying to get a ps5

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Xenoblade Chronicles: DE and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Some of the dialog is a bit awkward and I hit a weird difficulty spike playing yesterday. Don't think I'll have time to get to Xenoblade 2 and Torna before Xenoblade 3 comes out. Do you guys think I could just skip 2 for now and go straight to 3?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Been playing Xenoblade Chronicles: DE and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Some of the dialog is a bit awkward and I hit a weird difficulty spike playing yesterday. Don't think I'll have time to get to Xenoblade 2 and Torna before Xenoblade 3 comes out. Do you guys think I could just skip 2 for now and go straight to 3?
    No. It's a direct sequel to both and you'll miss a lot by doing that

Kevin Conroy as Batman in the Arkham series, along with Mark Hamill as Joker, are examples of wonderful VA making a good game much better.

XBC2 English VA is...well it grows on you...not the strongest English VA though. That said, XBC2 is still one of my fav jrpgs, and iirc I said at the time I played it, on this very forum, that it was my goat. Granted, that was an overreaction, but I loved the game very much and still do. FE:3H and P5R are also examples of lots of really good VA, but really there are tons of games with great VA everywhere. Hades for example. Endless amounts. That is why games without great VA tend to stand out to me lately. That said, XBC series is like Elden Ring to me, if no one spoke a line, I'd love the game the same.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-08 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bouth 1 and 2 universe are connected and in dlc for XC2 you have characters from world 1 help you in world 2 and even a X characters show up.

XC3 is however set in pretty far future. However some characters from 1 and 2 are alive (due to being a long living races).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

You can skip Torna but not 2. Torna is just backstory on characters in 2 but 2 is pretty vital story to the world of 3(as is 1).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    XC3 is however set in pretty far future. However some characters from 1 and 2 are alive (due to being a long living races).
    XC3 has a war going on and the leaders of each side of said war are from 1 and 2 respectively so it's kind of downplaying it to just say "some characters" are alive. Actual big time characters are alive and driving the plot.