Thread: [Movie] Prey

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Prey

Hopefully this is the beginning of Disney making good AVP content, god knows Fox alone was squandering the franchises.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-07 at 06:05 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I thought this was related to the game, but it's just a predator property and way less exciting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    The Native American cultural exploitation is off the charts here.
    It's really not.

As for the CGI - a lot of trailers aren't released with the full post-production effects in place. It's stupid to judge/assume CG quality based only on a trailer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that they opened this up. Ever since in Predator 2 the Predator gave Donald Glover that old pistol,my mind was giving me so much possibilities. And now we have so much possibilities.

Okay after this I need Predator in the Medieval period, Predator in Ancient Rome, Predator in Feudal Japan, Predator in Ancient Egypt. There you go Disney/Fox I set up up some projects lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Still hyped after the teaser.

Predator was awesome. Predator 2 had some good stuff. I have a soft spot for the first AvP - it was stupid as hell, but Alexa and Scar fighting xenomorphs was fun.

As long as it's better than Predators, The Predator, and AvP: Requiem, I'll be fine.

I'll trust Trachtenberg and Midthunder to not deliver a turd.

Predator vs Ninja next, please.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

7+ Year Old Account
    Last movie set the bar so damn low that anything after that should be an improvement. They try so hard to bring back old Alien, Predator and Terminator magic but fail spectacularly.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-07 at 08:04 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Native American cultural exploitation is off the charts here.
    So are people just not allowed to use things from real life for story telling and have to come up with totally unique and novel ideas constantly? Or are you just upset that it's not (at least as far as I'm assuming you're assuming) not made by native americans yet depicts them?

Really sick of art not being allowed to use or do certain things just because the artist doesn't have any made-up self-important associations to things.

CGI comment is on point, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I can think of is how strange they span their bows. Twisting your lower arm like that loses a lot of strength and I can see no benefit holding the string that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this gonna be a thing where the Predator ends up siding at the end with the natives agaisnt the colonials?

5+ Year Old Account
    is that Aubry Plaza? Didn't know she was native american

What is up with the accents? This isn't like those native americans speaking in the last mohican, where english is a foreign language they have learned, these natives sound like...uh, well, like some californian teenagers or something...and the action seems to be girl power, while arnold expressed possibility the predator could be killed, he n his team were terrified from it...even Billy, the big native american actor.
    I hope this action isn't 300, cuz that would suck...

There is rumor this is based on fan fiction? Which seems to be all about predator vs samurais, vikings, indians, ninjas, romans, etc...
    Dunno, they never seem to expand on the Yautja lore, yes they can hunt n are ferocious while doing it, but they are highly intelligent, mastered interstellar travel, don't target unarmed people, have a code of honor, but there has to be more to their society than hunting...they created interstellar travel just to go back to hunter gather lifestyle?.. there must be a reason for the hunt, several even, but can't be their primary occupation..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is this gonna be a thing where the Predator ends up siding at the end with the natives agaisnt the colonials?
    I was a bit surprised to see colonials I was excepting it to be set pre then coming to America but wouldn’t be surprised if it does play out with them getting wiped out by direct or indirect Predator helping the natives.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Well that was disappointing... thought it'd be of the Prey series...

Stupid concept but probably be entertaining still for its silliness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    There is rumor this is based on fan fiction?
    There are quite a few predator Vs X comics from dark horse it could be based off of any one or combination of them.

One that comes to mind is an Ancient African coming out on top after the predator had destroyed his village.

https://img.wattpad.com/fb5a96e0d646...3431342e6a7067

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at you guys - having any sort of hope this is something based on anything "official Predator Lore" from the comics... Love you guys for your hope!!

Whereas I'll be SHOCKED if there's anything 'canon' (or built on actual canon) at all, about anything, in this movie (show?). I'm just hoping for acceptable CGI and fun Predator destruction.

And absolutely - Predators will be siding with the Native Americans *nods* against colonists! IF they side with anyone - and not just 'kill'em'all.' (Which is what I'd prefer.)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how early indigenous people, armed with only bows and arrows, will defeat a 7 feet tall 260 pound advanced, armored cloaked predator, equipped with a plasma gun and shield.

Already making a lot of sense!
    Well Arnie didn't win against the predator with his modern weaponry either but stone age traps

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to seeing how early indigenous people, armed with only bows and arrows, will defeat a 7 feet tall 260 pound advanced, armored cloaked predator, equipped with a plasma gun and shield.

Already making a lot of sense!
    The series is literally based off of using primitive tactics and weapons to take them down after modern ones fail.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Well Arnie didn't win against the predator with his modern weaponry either but stone age traps
    Arnie was dead meat...he was lucky the pred dude stood at exactly the right spot..

Looking forward to seeing how early indigenous people, armed with only bows and arrows, will defeat a 7 feet tall 260 pound advanced, armored cloaked predator, equipped with a plasma gun and shield. Already making a lot of sense!
    How did Schwarzenegger do it?
    I mean I get it but...

- - - Updated - - -

Jmf...I need to read the follow-up posts before repeating them.

White exploitation of indigenous cultures is a real problem. It is morally reprehensible to genocide an entire people then use their legends and likenesses to make money, Especially when none of that money is going to go towards any tribes.
    You're acting like the people who made the movie had a hand in, supported, or otherwise did the act of genocide itself. "But they're white and benefitted from the system regardless!" Sucks. I'm not willing to accept responsibility for the people who came before me, nor am I willing to go to the Nth degree sacrificing my own personal lot in life to meet some arbitrary "payback" you think I owe someone just because I've been granted this privilege.

Nothing is sacred, and I'll happily find enjoyment in cultures wherever I please, however I please.

White exploitation of indigenous cultures is a real problem. It is morally reprehensible to genocide an entire people then use their legends and likenesses to make money, Especially when none of that money is going to go towards any tribes.

At least they cast an indigenous actress so that's something.
    At least one producer is comanche, as far as I can tell the entire cast is indigenous, and (here it gets a little confusing), the movie was apparently shot in both comanche and english, and it will release with a comanche 'dub'.