Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    And what about Warfronts?

Do we have any confirmation about these?
    Warfronts has not been updated, and I'd rather they scrapped Torghast for the future, and made a version fitting the constant play and identity of Azeroth. Maybe take place in an unending dimension within Karazhan or something.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Warfronts has not been updated, and I'd rather they scrapped Torghast for the future, and made a version fitting the constant play and identity of Azeroth. Maybe take place in an unending dimension within Karazhan or something.
    I think the obvious fit is caverns of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the obvious fit is caverns of time.
    Caverns of Time, or Karazhan, both hold an eternal feel.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Caverns of Time, or Karazhan, both hold an eternal feel.
    With Caverns they could send you to otherwhens all over the timeline. This stage is set in Silithus during the Troll vs Aqir war while on the left is a portal to Lei Shen's procession to the Halls of Origination. To the right is the battle of Grim Batol while on the opposite side there is a wing set during the destruction of Goria by the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Caverns they could send you to otherwhens all over the timeline. This stage is set in Silithus during the Troll vs Aqir war while on the left is a portal to Lei Shen's procession to the Halls of Origination. To the right is the battle of Grim Batol while on the opposite side there is a wing set during the destruction of Goria by the orcs.
    Karazhan could grant you the same via the use of the library. Venture into scenarios of storytelling without utilizing bronze magic like in Caverns of Time with Durnholde and Black Morass. My reach with Karazhan is more, it is slowly being added back into the world as a place now that it is in Khadgar's control, so though it having a more eternal implementation instead of the use of time magic would've made it more fitting for longer existence.

On a table lies the access to a tiered scenario of randomized content of history or abstract creations of theory instead of just locked within time itself. Gives a little more freedom for developers without having to stand tall for questioning why a historic content was permitted to be different. Instead, here lies the theory of Arcane Magic (Jump in to experience levels of Arcane related foes and spells), on another table lies the theorized topic of the Lich King not reaching the throne (Jump in to prevent Arthas from reaching the frozen throne), and another table holds the history of the Nightmare consuming the Sunken Temple (Jump in to witness the trolls and the green flight at the moment of change (maybe after completing it, a second scenario could have you be the bad guys, trying to stop the "heroes" from clearing the instance)).

Repeatable small group/solo content is desirable. At some point you run out of world quests.
    Totally agree, but hs point was "they took out borrowed powers, they said nothing about what to do in the open world so it's crap and casuals will have nothing to do".

I know Blizzard latest track record isn't good, but it's way too early to say anything about Dragonflight excluding the things we know as for now. Also, the whole "customize your dragon" thing heavily implied that there will be a lot of things to get for it in the world and not just in dungeons/raids.

I would welcome a lot the return of scenarios. I loved them in MoP and they could become a good addition to the game if properly implemented. My only "worry" is thatgiven how they will end easier/faster and even more spammable than M+, if rewards are as good, i can see how most players will just get there because it's the optimal way to gear up.

This said, i don't even care if people is able to reach Mythic ilvl with world quests - it just needs to happen like 3 months in the patch, when gear s basically not an issue anymore for most people.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Totally agree, but hs point was "they took out borrowed powers, they said nothing about what to do in the open world so it's crap and casuals will have nothing to do".

I know Blizzard latest track record isn't good, but it's way too early to say anything about Dragonflight excluding the things we know as for now. Also, the whole "customize your dragon" thing heavily implied that there will be a lot of things to get for it in the world and not just in dungeons/raids.

I would welcome a lot the return of scenarios. I loved them in MoP and they could become a good addition to the game if properly implemented. My only "worry" is thatgiven how they will end easier/faster and even more spammable than M+, if rewards are as good, i can see how most players will just get there because it's the optimal way to gear up.

This said, i don't even care if people is able to reach Mythic ilvl with world quests - it just needs to happen like 3 months in the patch, when gear s basically not an issue anymore for most people.
    Oh I thought you were responding mainly to the first sentence, not the second. Sorry for that.

And I am relatively excited about Dragonflight actually, I have high hopes for the profession system. Profession reagents that drop from world mobs (especially elites) is a great way to create effective grinds that can help you both progress in power and gold.

And yeah, MoP system. Let people eventually reach full heroic ilvl if they play consistently, about 3-4 months into the patch.

Oh I thought you were responding mainly to the first sentence, not the second. Sorry for that.

And I am relatively excited about Dragonflight actually, I have high hopes for the profession system. Profession reagents that drop from world mobs (especially elites) is a great way to create effective grinds that can help you both progress in power and gold.

And yeah, MoP system. Let people eventually reach full heroic ilvl if they play consistently, about 3-4 months into the patch.
    Same train of thoughts here. That's why i'm an advocate for capping the ilvl at a lower threshold across the board (15s, HC raids and 3 months into the patch for world content) so Mythic raids and pushing keys will always stay relevant through the patch. M+ gearing system and progression is super satisfactory, raids really need to get on par with it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Let's take the other approach, and tell me which torghast-, islands or warfronts like gameplay they announced. Or which kind of solo playable instanced content outside of matchmade dungeons and raids will be in Dragonflight. Up to now there was no announcement. Normally, a feature like that gets announced at expac reveal day.

It is a clear deevolution as gameplay like that will not be available for casual gamers anymore. So instead of actually adding solo instanced gameplay for millions, they infact remove it with 10.0.
    well shit. you're right. they didn't announce it (yet). what else didn't they announce - hmmm I don't remember them announcing any new dungeons, at least nothing specifically, so I guess we won't be getting new dungeons. we also won't be getting new raids, because we didn't see any of them get a mention either. Looks like we will level to 70 and just fly around on dragons until the end of the expac I guess

what a stupid argument. just because they haven't announced anything specific, doesn't mean that nothing is coming.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Specific dungeon and raid content already was announced, so what is your point?
    my point is that your point is still dumb. just because they haven't specifically announced anything yet, doesn't mean we aren't getting stuff

Sure it does. You easily could reward playing gameplay like Torghast with gear rewards.
    I wasn't questioning this (i actually agree) but the fact you're dismissing Dragonflight from the point of "we still don't know nothing about it". Borrowed powers as a system (like artifact weapons/azerite/etc) are removed, but this doesn't automatically means we're not getting anything else, especially in the open world and for more casual players. I found Thorghast terrible though mainly for two reasons: a) it was completely and utterly a drag at the beginning and unbalanced as hell and b) even if i didn't like it, i HAD to do it.

This said, if open world in DF stays as empty and useless as it's been so far, i would be "mad". And by this i mean they should totally add more stuff to do in it becase there's literally a whole world that's currently unused for anything relevant.

EDIT: to be extra clear, what we got about DF is not everything. It's a reveal made for mainly two reasons: the utter drag of content there will be with season 4 and the fact they didn't have things ready as for now. I really think DF was at an advanced design stage in terms of setting and maybe story. Probably talent trees aswell. But they are remaking all the stuff that didn't work so far from ground up - i'm pretty sure in the original plans the dragon flights were supposed to just be covenants 2.0 and things changed only because people left in droves.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-06-08 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    did I miss an announcement which specifically said we weren't getting anything like warfronts, IE's or Torghast in Dragonflight? pretty sure I didn't. you're making assumptions about a game we haven't yet seen; they could still very well add something in like that
    There will probably be nothing like this, since if they had, they would have announced it already. But... that said that they might actually add in something similar, so it's not a new feature, it is a possibility.

So we can't know for sure how the endgame look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well shit. you're right. they didn't announce it (yet). what else didn't they announce - hmmm I don't remember them announcing any new dungeons, at least nothing specifically, so I guess we won't be getting new dungeons. we also won't be getting new raids, because we didn't see any of them get a mention either. Looks like we will level to 70 and just fly around on dragons until the end of the expac I guess

what a stupid argument. just because they haven't announced anything specific, doesn't mean that nothing is coming.
    I mean historically we got LESS than what was announced, not more. They did say we'd get a raid against the primordials and the expansion website mentions some of the dungeons.

I still have 4 achieves left and 1 toy in there im not gonna farm until next exp, so...yeah...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO