Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account

Alliance World of Warcrafts Biggest Problem...and its not Blizzard

I have played World of Warcraft since 2005 on my older brothers account. And right from the get go I was hooked. Once Burning crusade hit I was finally allowed to have my own account. Thats where i made my first character. a Warrior. Now i wasnt very good but i did fall in love with the world and loved having the time to play without sharing an account with my brother. Fast forward to Wrath of the Lich King. This is where I began my WoW addiction. I played non stop. I countinued playing through every expansion that Blizzard put out only taking occasional breaks on some expansions that werent really great in my opinion (Cataclysm and BFA come to mind.) But through all of these expansions i have noticed something, that World of Warcraft was changing and becoming worse and worse. Now most of you (according to these forums) believe that Blizzard is at fault, and to some degree i agree with you. But not for the reasons you may think.

The worst part about world of warcraft is the player base. I know hot take right? But think about it. You all are to blame for everything thats wrong with the game to date. You wanted everything to be "Balanced" you wanted everything to be "Ultra Competitive" and look...you got it. The game used to be about exploring the world and diving into the lore. Taking your time while you quest to really get to know the world. Finding friends and building a community. But now all thats become of it is "Level, Min Max with wowhead, blaze through the quickest path" Its sad..like truly depressing. This new expansion is bringing back professions as relevant and bringing a talent tree that seems to give more options and better customization. And what do i see in response? "Who asked for professions? No-one wants profession revamp do more with mythic +. Talent trees are too big, why do i have to make hard choices with my character?" Its like you all want an engaging MMO and then get mad when the mmo is engaging...i dont understand it.

And i know you're already thinking. "If YoU DoNt LiKe AsPeCtS oF ThE GaMe ThEn DoNt PlAy ThAt PaRt." I will never do a mythic dungeon and i don't do raids only for the fact that no-one is decent in them anymore. If you mess up one mechanic you get kicked. But your posts and everything influence Blizzard hence all the changes made through each expansion. But it seems like they are finally going to bring the game back to the fantasy elements of its roots. And im so afraid that all this complaining from people who play this game for the wrong reason are going to make them change their mind. But what do i know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. This is the same type post #10,000 and the fact that you started a new account just to post it, tells me you weren't even confident when you decided to post.

No, this isn't your first account, sell that snake oil to another...

Blizzard got greedy. Thats it, thats the problem. You dont "BALANCE" a class by adding game tokens, forcing people who love their alts to re-grind practically everything you already did before and making it damn near impossible to change your mind about something (early on with changing covenants) because Blizzard implemented a punishment system for those who felt that covenant wasn't for them.

Broken PvP abilities? I didn't write that code, did anyone else here? No, im sorry, we didn't choose this.

Short sighted post.

The player base is a reflection of the product and as you can see, the product is crap, the player base is crap, but none of us chose the shitty decisions Blizzard implemented so they can sink our game time for more money.

All this is but a fraction of the issues and that has zero to do with the player base and everything to do with the fact that Blizzard has always and will always do whatever the hell they want because they love money more than they love providing players with a good time.

Dont yall have 100,000 dollar credit card limits for our new game?

Ion HowMuchItCostUsARaidTier pushed for ultra competitiveness, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Erios View Post
    And i know you're already thinking. "If YoU DoNt LiKe AsPeCtS oF ThE GaMe ThEn DoNt PlAy ThAt PaRt."
    Ah yes, condescension is the best way to have a good faith discussion.

I will never do a mythic dungeon and i don't do raids only for the fact that no-one is decent in them anymore. If you mess up one mechanic you get kicked.
    Hyperbole, also another good way to have productive discussion.

But your posts and everything influence Blizzard hence all the changes made through each expansion.
    Wow, so you're saying they listen to player input and criticisms like any reasonable company would? Say it aint so, Jim.

But what do i know.
    From your single post that you made this new account for, the answer is obviously, "Very little."
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ion HowMuchItCostUsARaidTier pushed for ultra competitiveness, not us.
    It was very much the community.

Literally the only thing that they did was add difficulties.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Sounds like you just need to make some friends, or at least like minded people. The player base IS HUGE. Put yourself out there a little and find folks who enjoy the game like you do.

There is one little thing that has changed since Vanilla and now: The entire world.

7+ Year Old Account
    didnt even start reading just saw generic throwaway account and moved on

Sounds like the fun times with your friends ended and you are looking for someone/something else to blame. I can feel the hurt in your post, I have felt the same way. Growing up and losing touch with those closest to you is the hardest part of growing up. I am sorry bro.

Blizzard is definitely the problem. Better said, their lack of ambition, creativity and innovation. The game feels stale since Legion because they've done nothing but rest on their former success. Their design approach is basically the same. They have zero, zero ambition to change anything. They're almost as bad as Zenimax with Elder Scrolls Online in that regard. I hope the Microsoft acquisition will change that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The game used to be about exploring the world and diving into the lore. Taking your time while you quest to really get to know the world. Finding friends and building a community.
    The game was never about that, and you can still do most of that in the current game if you want.

You remember it this way because when you started playing you could not understand what the game was about. You were amazed by the world and playing with others, played however you wanted and had a good time. I think most people had the same experience.

But there were no systems that made that true, no overarching design that made the game be about lore and exploration any more than what we have today. The feeling you had was born out of a children naivete.

You now want blizzard to add systems and design the game around something that was never their focus. But no system can actually bring back a community that did not understand the game, we're way past that point.

People eventually understood the progression treadmills that the game always had and started playing around that. You probably found that you don't like the existing progression thread Mills (raid/dungeon centric PvE and PvP), and that is fine. But understand that you're the one who's holding on to a game that never existed outside your mind, and playing it for the wrong reason.

Although I don't get people not wanting professions and talent trees, those are the best changes we've had to the game since M+ was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    There is one little thing that has changed since Vanilla and now: The entire world.
    Pretty much it.

Also, WoW is an MMO, a genre that is unpopular these days, and its old, old stuff is not that exciting.

The fact that WoW survived this long only shows how good it is, but we must bear in our minds that this game will not be popular/healthy forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    Ugh. This is the same type post #10,000 and the fact that you started a new account just to post it, tells me you weren't even confident when you decided to post.

No, this isn't your first account, sell that snake oil to another...

Blizzard got greedy. Thats it, thats the problem. You dont "BALANCE" a class by adding game tokens, forcing people who love their alts to re-grind practically everything you already did before and making it damn near impossible to change your mind about something (early on with changing covenants) because Blizzard implemented a punishment system for those who felt that covenant wasn't for them.

Broken PvP abilities? I didn't write that code, did anyone else here? No, im sorry, we didn't choose this.

Short sighted post.

The player base is a reflection of the product and as you can see, the product is crap, the player base is crap, but none of us chose the shitty decisions Blizzard implemented so they can sink our game time for more money.

All this is but a fraction of the issues and that has zero to do with the player base and everything to do with the fact that Blizzard has always and will always do whatever the hell they want because they love money more than they love providing players with a good time.

Dont yall have 100,000 dollar credit card limits for our new game?
    This post is just as short sighted. All it does is project your opinions onto the entire player base. Your entire post is "Blizzard needs to do what I want because only I know how to make a great game and anything that disagrees with me is wrong". The facts are that you cannot please everyone. What you hate, others like. What you like, other people hate. Blizzard tires to please as many players as they can because they know they will never please 100% of the player base.

The player base IS the problem because many within it think they know better than anyone and it can only be a good game if they are solely catered to. If they cater to other players then it is a bad game. That mentality needs to stop and those players need to realize they are not the only ones playing the game and that not everyone agrees with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This post is just as short sighted. All it does is project your opinions onto the entire player base. Your entire post is "Blizzard needs to do what I want because only I know how to make a great game and anything that disagrees with me is wrong"..
    I stopped reading here, your comprehension is lacking. No offense but not once did i say Blizzards NEEDS to do _________

I said they were greedy and we didn't choose what they chose because they do what they want anyways.

Go back and read it slowly.

Edit: But I do agree that my post is equally short sighted but not because of that reason.
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2022-06-08 at 06:13 AM. Reason: words

I stopped reading here, your comprehension is lacking. No offense but not once did i say Blizzards NEEDS to do _________

I said they were greedy and we didn't choose what they chose because they do what they want anyways.

Go back and read it slowly.

Edit: But I do agree that my post is equally short sighted but not because of that reason.
    It is short sighted for that reason because it is entirely rooted in "They don't give me what *I* want". You are calling them greedy because they don't give you what YOU want. You may not have said what they NEED to do, but you clearly stated things that you declare they should NOT do. You called them greedy because they did things YOU don't like. What you don't seem to understand is that there are many players in the game that like the things you do not. Isn't true, then, that they actually are listening to the players who like and want the stuff they put in? So what you are really saying is not "They don't listen to the players", but that "They aren't listening to *ME*". You are simply projecting what you want onto the entire player base.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-06-08 at 06:29 AM.

You don't have to be competitive, you just have to be REALLY STRONK and be above it. Socialize, make friends, create raids and such and disown any people you dislike and you'll be free. But all this is only needed because the game and our culture is really competitive and it doesn't have to be but it goes very well with greed. And we all know how much Blizzard loves MORE money.

MORE MORE MORE tm.

Whenever I take a break from WoW I notice how my thinking shifts over time, I'll start daydreaming about WoW and how much I miss it, then I'll get back and be in a positive place and I'll be literally corrupted by the people that are negative and then I'm also negative by influence or my own frustrations, but it's really just a choice. Decide to be positive and enjoy WoW and you will look past everything in your way =)
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-06-08 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is short sighted for that reason because it is entirely rooted in "They don't give me what *I* want".
    Incorrect, once again, im gonna stop reading here. Not ONCE did I offer a solution or did I state that I wanted ______________ .

I dont know why you're trying to strawman what I wrote. You're literally misrepresenting what I wrote to suit your own ego and argument so you can satisfy your own emotional need to be correct.

Go try that with someone else my guy, I dont want Blizzard to hand me what I want, that would be boring as hell. I want them to make the game about fun again and not JUST their bottom line.

You need to slow down. Seriously.

Just be glad if you were old enough to enjoy the MMO peak with WoW.

Current new gamers get hit by the marketing campaigns using YT/Twitch influencers/streamers with paid advertising and their enourmous reach. They get guided into the 3-4 months hype cycle for some random eporty game or some dead on arrival AAA/MMO games with no chance to every get into something like WoW close to 2 decades old working community.

Its extremly sad, but lets not be naive, the golden age of MMOs with organic communities building up is long gone. The current gamers are bombarded by targeted marketing and it works, so it wont change.

About your issues with the game, I get it. But keep in mind WoW started with THOTTBOT, with speedleveling guides since the VANILLA BETA and with a huge community part that consisted veteran players from other MMO's who did not need handholding to know what they want. While WoW is much more casual friendly today, claiming it was more casual in the old days is ridiculous.

Its nearly impossible to not meet new players with a bit of socializing no matter what you do in this game. You meet new players with gathering professions, you meet new players if you just chat.

As a day-1 Vanilla player, participating in every expansion I dont really understand what you want to happen with WoW. The game did not change that much, the community just got more casual over time and the wide range of ingame activity created lots of sub communities.

If you dont like the game, despite beeing the same way for close to 2 decades, with the community basicly beeing the same, maybe the truth is that you dont like the game or genre and should just move on to have some fun.
    -

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, but it´s hard to point fingers.

Gamer generations now a days are extremely toxic and it is probably their parents and society to blame, as kinds tend to act as their environment guides them really.

Then you have some of us who still play, who have also become toxic (I have) as a drag factor. This means that it is hard not to be toxic sometimes when you see some behaviours :/ and you simply start closing your mind...

Yes, it is the players to be blamed for a great part of it all, but to be honest, so is the industry.

It is becoming very popular to have radically focused on profit games, P2W is king now. And yes, companies always wanted to make money, no shit, but this is now a new radical move, so much so that some countries are regulating it... This games are characterized by 3 elements: solo gameplay, fast pace and P2W elements. The perfect environment for toxicity when those players clash.

Incorrect, once again, im gonna stop reading here. Not ONCE did I offer a solution or did I state that I wanted ______________ .

I dont know why you're trying to strawman what I wrote. You're literally misrepresenting what I wrote to suit your own ego and argument so you can satisfy your own emotional need to be correct.

Go try that with someone else my guy, I dont want Blizzard to hand me what I want, that would be boring as hell. I want them to make the game about fun again and not JUST their bottom line.

You need to slow down. Seriously.
    Your implications are clear and they match EXACTLY what I said. And you are doing it again with your last line. YEs you didn't state what you wanted. What you did styate was what you DIDN'T want. So,You bascially implied "Make it about what I want, not what I don't".

Once again, what you find fun others do not. So what you are really saying is. They need to make a game I find fun, otherwise they are making a game that is just about the bottom line. I and many others find it fun. That alone disproves your claim that they only make it about their bottom line. They actually DO try to make it about fun. You just don't find it fun therefore it is only about the bottom line. You aren't the only one playing the game.

Now that you have resorted to ad hominem attacks, we are done here.