Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Jeez, why the tryhard, Did he really offend you that much?
    I don't think tryhard means what you think it means. I also wasn't offended, I found it hilarious that someone unironically seems to believe that soy affects testosterone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Im waiting to see how they bastardise Hunter further...
    If they have the balls, i would really like to see a very early choice talent in the class tree that lets you swap/choose between melee and ranged gameplay. I don't know if it makes sense for MM (very likely not) but would be fun to watch the outcome lol
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If they have the balls, i would really like to see a very early choice talent in the class tree that lets you swap/choose between melee and ranged gameplay. I don't know if it makes sense for MM (very likely not) but would be fun to watch the outcome lol
    I honestly think it always made more sense for BM than Survival.

Honestly, Survival has so many tools, it could easily be turned into a ranged spec again. The bombs, grenades and poison stuff is already ranged, so it would be like no effort. I really like melee Survival though, just saying it's not necessary.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    There's nothing masculine about misinformation, toxic or otherwise.
    Ah, so you were just pretending as the point, which was perfectly laid out, went right over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, Survival has so many tools, it could easily be turned into a ranged spec again. The bombs, grenades and poison stuff is already ranged, so it would be like no effort. I really like melee Survival though, just saying it's not necessary.
    Oh, i'm not an hunter expert - the fact is that while they do not need to do it, it would be an elegant solution to the recurrent complaint about survival being melee etc.

The new talent systems is all about giving players options and agency - this is one of them imho and a good one. Again, it's not needed.

If that happens and no 2h enhance I’ll cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hunter seriously needs to go back to being fully Ranged again or go back to being a Hybrid like in Classic/TBC, Making my favourite spec melee that I had played for years was an absolute kick in the teeth.

i can see it now
    hunter tree will have three starting abilities
    kill command
    mongoose strike (idk the SV basic attack)
    steady shot
    you technically could make a melee hunter with steady shot but it would require a bow and people would make a macro for it then it would get nerfed because even though it is an overall dps loss it actually finds use in some fights and the community at large would screech because it would pop up in mdi, because they would have to change the loot swap lock due to it being possible to do, and thus it is OP because people only take SV hunters and that is why little jimmy with a m+ score of 150 gets denied from +17 keys

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    If that happens and no 2h enhance I’ll cry.
    UUUHH that would be awesome aswell - but in this case in the Enha tree and not class tree as it's not really a thing for resto/elemental.

I see them as "you can only equip X weapon category but do Y% more dmg". That unlocks the playstyle, and actual skills should be granted automatically at lvl 1-10 so once you choose your playstyle you have already a set of abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    the community at large would screech because it would pop up in mdi, because they would have to change the loot swap lock due to it being possible to do, and thus it is OP because people only take SV hunters and that is why little jimmy with a m+ score of 150 gets denied from +17 keys
    That already happens even without the new talent trees XD

UUUHH that would be awesome aswell - but in this case in the Enha tree and not class tree as it's not really a thing for resto/elemental.

I see them as "you can only equip X weapon category but do Y% more dmg". That unlocks the playstyle, and actual skills should be granted automatically at lvl 1-10 so once you choose your playstyle you have already a set of abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

That already happens even without the new talent trees XD
    Yeah the fact people try to emulate the top end claiming anything else is useless has been a founding pillar for the game

I'm going to assume 2h enhance is like 2h frost where it's on the tree for the spec and likely has a different playstyle....Holy crap is mana tide going to be a class cd???

Warrior and priest at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Absolutely, especially with a very strong paragon of the class in Rexxar being around. Putting stuff like the trap/bomb focus into a melee class was also weird, they just didn't dare to mess with BM because it's the lowest common denominator of the class and they would have pissed of way too many people to get away with it, even though BM practically already plays like a melee class, just at 40 yards range..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I don't think tryhard means what you think it means. I also wasn't offended, I found it hilarious that someone unironically seems to believe that soy affects testosterone.
    Soy has been neither proven or disproven to affect testosterone. Most of the studies are either A) inconclusive or B) paid for by food companies that use a TON of soy, which definitely calls them into question.

It may, it may not. It does contain phytoestogrens, which in theory could bond with free testosterone and reduce the level usable by your body. Does it? No clue. A common factor of people who have consumed alot of it over the years is smaller bodies, less body hair, and smaller genitalia..... whether that is due to the soy or simply a non-causal factor is not well studied.

One thing that is pretty common is that diets high in soy also tend to be high in carbs and end up with overweight people. Being overweight ABSOLUTELY messes with your testosterone levels and many diets that "avoid soy" often tend to be low in carbs and high in protein, which tend to lower body weight and raise testosterone levels not due to the food type, but rather the overall health.

Does the soy itself have any effect? Hard to say, but the fact that most bodybuilders avoid it suggests that it is either highly demonized without sufficient evidence to counteract its stygma or they have noticed a difference in their performance based on their diet.

If you can maintain a healthy weight, gain musle mass well, and eat alot of soy-based products then that's an interesting data point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Absolutely, especially with a very strong paragon of the class in Rexxar being around. Putting stuff like the trap/bomb focus into a melee class was also weird, they just didn't dare to mess with BM because it's the lowest common denominator of the class and they would have pissed of way too many people to get away with it, even though BM practically already plays like a melee class, just at 40 yards range..
    Honestly think that the old talent system could have easily allowed for talent paths that enable both a melee and a ranged style in the same tree. Then you let people choose what they want to play as.

Honestly think that the old talent system could have easily allowed for talent paths that enable both a melee and a ranged style in the same tree. Then you let people choose what they want to play as.
    I think in theory you could still manage that. The issue is more that if you have both available people will always take that which is stronger and failing that the one that is easier. I doubt the grey area between melee being stronger and range being easier is wide enough to sensibly facilitate such gameplay in a meta driven game like WoW.

They also haven't managed to balance 2h vs DW in 20 years.. I won't hold my breath.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

We Got a new one and it's a priest!

Gratz to all who guessed right. Looks very promising so far.