Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Do you really truly imagine that any of that mess at Blizzcon is going to have a visible effect on revenue? That's all that matters at the end of the month.

Yeah, forum types have obsessed over it since it happened but that was in November of 2018, more than three years ago. Really that isn't even a molehill three-and-a-half years later. Very few on the entire planet who have heard of it care now.
    Yeah sorry, you don't spend the crazy amount it costs them to do Blizzcon to be booed off the stage. You spend it for good press and a stock bump. They got neither. Oh in the grand scale of things it is a blip. As far as accounting is concerned however, it is an outlier that sinks cost-benefit analysis for organizing Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah sorry, you don't spend the crazy amount it costs them to do Blizzcon to be booed off the stage. You spend it for good press and a stock bump. They got neither. Oh in the grand scale of things it is a blip. As far as accounting is concerned however, it is an outlier that sinks cost-benefit analysis for organizing Blizzcon.
    The Immortal reveal is the epitome of what's wrong with the modern gaming community. The "if I'm not giving what I want when I want it I'll hate whatever you give me out of spite." Also known as "Ghostcrawler promised me a pony."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The Immortal reveal is the epitome of what's wrong with the modern gaming community. The "if I'm not giving what I want when I want it I'll hate whatever you give me out of spite." Also known as "Ghostcrawler promised me a pony."
    See companies can blame the community all they want, they are still the market and its their job to manage expectations properly. You can hate on stupid customers all you want, they are still the customers.

Everyone said it then and it is still true now. All they needed to do was clarify the status of D4 either before DI or immediately after. Not doing that makes them tone deaf, not the community spiteful and mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    See companies can blame the community all they want, they are still the market and its their job to manage expectations properly. You can hate on stupid customers all you want, they are still the customers.

Everyone said it then and it is still true now. All they needed to do was clarify the status of D4 either before DI or immediately after. Not doing that makes them tone deaf, not the community spiteful and mean.
    It’s not either/or. It’s clear that Blizzard is tone deaf about things they have decided not to talk about and the community has a lot of assholes that are noisy in unimportant venues and echo chambers. The fact is that most people don’t follow it closely and even fewer are still grumbling about Blizzard sending out the wrong guy to present at Blizzcon in 2018.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Diablo 4 is going to be World of Diablo.

An isometric MMO that steals as much as possible from Lost Ark and POE, but done in a Diablo world with Blizzards traditionally smoother gameplay, better artists, and predatory retention systems.

That's literally what it will be.

All I can see with the Diablo Immortal reveal is a 4 year old throwing a tantrum cause their daddy gave them the "wrong" flavor of ice cream as a present.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It would make some money, but not ALL of the money so blizzard in its current form aint got time for that

Diablo Immortal is already World of Diablo.

It has gear score, raids, dailies, the zones are online and you have to fight for spawns to finish bounties. And it has a horrible outdated monetization system.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

To be completely honest? I have no real idea. Immortal is basically the closest I've seen Diablo to being an MMO. TBCH, I'd even be willing to pay a monthly sub fee for it, I think, if they continuously developed new content for it.

Then again, I have disposable income, so I have no problem paying for things on the store the way it stands even.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    To be completely honest? I have no real idea. Immortal is basically the closest I've seen Diablo to being an MMO. TBCH, I'd even be willing to pay a monthly sub fee for it, I think, if they continuously developed new content for it.

Then again, I have disposable income, so I have no problem paying for things on the store the way it stands even.
    Jesus fuck I would give my left testicle for a subscription-based game with free-to-play option instead of this shitty pay-to-win bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever is stopping them, I hope it keeps stopping them. I'd rather just have a singleplayer + co-op Diablo. Diablo 4 already seems to have more than enough "shared world" features.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The only thing holding them back, the ONLY thing, is money. It would cost a ridiculous amount of money to develop another MMO.
    wait what?are you saying the 5th largest game company by revenue in the world is to broke to make an mmo?

and considering it costs like 200.000$ on averege to have a good character in diablo immoral,its a pretty big chance their wont be the 5th for very long

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Jesus fuck I would give my left testicle for a subscription-based game with free-to-play option instead of this shitty pay-to-win bullshit.
    That will never exist in a blizzard game,everything will be p2w,but im sure the shills will tell you buying currency with $ to get everything you want in game isnt p2w

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wait what?are you saying the 5th largest game company by revenue in the world is to broke to make an mmo?

and considering it costs like 200.000$ on averege to have a good character in diablo immoral,its a pretty big chance their wont be the 5th for very long
    You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. It ain't about being "too broke" or "having enough money". It's about profits. If they don't think they'll make ridiculous oodles and mountains of money from it with minimal effort, it's not worth it. MMOs take a shitload of development time and money to get going, which goes very counter to that idea. They'd rather pump out multiple Diablo Immortals instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    They have the money. Since the failure of Titan they don't have an interest in going through that again. They've been pretty clear about it over the years. Titan nearly broke (not financially) the company. It was a trauma for them that they have zero interest in repeating. Frankly, Blizzard has not been the same since.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    [...]
    What's stopping this from being made? It would sell.
    it's too expensive. that would only hurt quarterly reports and growth.

pennies in, millions out is the way now with mobile gaming.

please don't forget that they are publicly traded. their product isn't games anymore, it's money. the games are just a means/byproduct of the money creating process
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    their product isn't games anymore, it's money. the games are just a means/byproduct of the money creating process
    That has never NOT been true.

You guys have seriously got to let go of this whole, "The Legend of Blizzard" nonsense.

1+ Year Old Account
    Probably the money, Blizz doesn't want to spend the cash to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit, i hate other players running around and stealing my mobs in diablo immortal. if there was only an option to turn it off, unless i invite my own friends...
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    holy shit, i hate other players running around and stealing my mobs in diablo immortal. if there was only an option to turn it off, unless i invite my own friends...
    Yeah, I have a feeling that D3 will remain my favorite in the series, simply because making it open world takes a huge part of the appeal away for me. I never want to see another player unless I invite them, or am doing PvP. It sounds like D4 will be open world as well, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    That has never NOT been true.

You guys have seriously got to let go of this whole, "The Legend of Blizzard" nonsense.
    what do you mean with "the legend of blizzard"? that post wasnt targeted at blizzard directly. it's meant for a couple of big studios that act similarily.
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.