Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You know if I was in charge of a show like Kenobi, and I knew it wasn't very good and the fans weren't going to like it, I would definitely try to find something that I could deflect attention to rather than have to answer for the show that I made.

Hard to not think Hollywood producers wouldn't have figured out by now that they can make anon accounts and send comments to whomever they want.
    Why do we need to invent conspiracies when the """fans""" of these properties are shitty enough to do that sort of thing all on their own?

I mean hell, in this very thread, instead of simply talking about the awful performance of Reva in the first couple episodes, some dumbass decided to make it about some "angry black woman" trope. You're telling me that we have a Disney plant right in our very midst?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-06-08 at 08:51 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    SW fans bullied Jake Lloyd so hard he still struggles with it. Dude was kid and social media didn't even exist.
    Just like there's a minority that go out of their way to bully actors directly to their faces n harass them, there's also a braindead minority that will defend everything that lucasfilm produces, n they will weaponize minorities against legit criticism.

Both groups are toxic n should admit they are both one group really, trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

This ep was 'ok' which is telling about this show when the first 3 eps were crap, n we have only 2 left...

Vader was more intimidating now.

Last episode he channeled his inner kylo ren teen rage...

I know kenobi didn't know leia was about to get tortured right then, but the way they cut it together with him walking around sightseeing gives impression of not being reliable while not being his fault too...

Last ep he blurted out leia's name...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You said he considers parts of it canon. That’s his head canon, if it’s even true. I’m pretty sure he treats canon as canon and everything else is something you can draw inspiration from.
    Dude, it is a statement. Calm down, not everything is an argument.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

But what good is there, really? Rogue One, the final season of Clone Wars and The Mandalorian? Even with that The Mandalorian is massively overrated. It's decent at best, and the rest has been badly written and forgettable.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo

7+ Year Old Account
    So, Part IV was interesting in terms of canon. It was that good. Honestly, there are things that are weird.

Like the rest of the series, it isn't bad, but there are questions that I don't get.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did she interrogate a 10 yo princess that knows nothing?
    Why the base had no air defenses?
    Why Reva is still alive after such a fuck up? I seriously was expecting a neck crack.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I love how he's slowly getting back in fighting shape.

1+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people just refusing to accept their role as omnipotent narrators is insane lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Man almost like Reva didn't know all what Reva knew and only knew Leia had been travelling with Obi-Wan.

Almost like they exactly explained this in the episode.

Why Reva is still alive after such a fuck up? I seriously was expecting a neck crack.
    Almost like the story exactly explains why, that she put a tracker in the droid Leia has with her. And that's why.

The mindless bitching about this show has been suuuuuuuuuper embarrassing. Especially when a bunch of people keep nit picking questions that the story keeps answering.

Sorry that you didn't pay attention I guess?

But that's not the story's fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Part III, Leia was literally found coming out of the tunnel attached to the safe house for the Path. In legends, the Sith would interrogate everyone who possibly could know something. It is pretty standard for Dark Siders to leave no stone unturned.

It does. It has TIE Fighters, the question is "Why didn't the base use it air defenses?"

It is literally explained in the Episode why Reva didn't have her neck snapped.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Part III, Leia was literally found coming out of the tunnel attached to the safe house for the Path. In legends, the Sith would interrogate everyone who possibly could know something. It is pretty standard for Dark Siders to leave no stone unturned.

It does. It has TIE Fighters, the question is "Why didn't the base use it air defenses?"

It is literally explained in the Episode why Reva didn't have her neck snapped.
    Reva kidnapped Leia to lure Obi-wan. Reva knew that Leia knew nothing of the Path because Reva make it so she ends there with Obi-wan.

That's the same question. No TIE figthers on duty, no turbolasers, no air defenses.

Of course it's explained - and the explanation is bollocks.

Reva kidnapped Leia to lure Obi-wan out of his hiding - it obviously worked.
    But Obi-wan managed to escape her initial trap
    But she managed to get a hold of Leia again
    So far so good. Vader gave her a final warning to not fail AGAIN or he crack her neck

So we have Reva having Leia and knowing that Obi-wan will come looking for her.
    She doesn't tell that to Vader, she goes solo. Takes Leia to the base. Interrogates her for no reason. Plants a tracker on her for whatever reason. Obviously she might be expecting Obi-wan to rescue her (and succeed again). Right? Wrong! Vader is not infromed. Base is not closed when it's obvious that Obi-wan on it. NO AIR DEFENSES!

Vader notified post-factum. Vader is angry that she botched it again started to crack her neck. She said I put a tracker on obi-wan ship. Vader let's her go. Stupid shit.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Reva kidnapped Leia to lure Obi-wan. Reva knew that Leia knew nothing of the Path because Reva make it so she ends there with Obi-wan.

That's the same question. No TIE figthers on duty, no turbolasers, no air defenses.

Of course it's explained - and the explanation is bollocks.

Reva kidnapped Leia to lure Obi-wan out of his hiding - it obviously worked.
    But Obi-wan managed to escape her initial trap
    But she managed to get a hold of Leia again
    So far so good. Vader gave her a final warning to not fail AGAIN or he crack her neck

So we have Reva having Leia and knowing that Obi-wan will come looking for her.
    She doesn't tell that to Vader, she goes solo. Takes Leia to the base. Interrogates her for no reason. Plants a tracker on her for whatever reason. Obviously she might be expecting Obi-wan to rescue her (and succeed again). Right? Wrong! Vader is not infromed. Base is not closed when it's obvious that Obi-wan on it. NO AIR DEFENSES!

Vader notified post-factum. Vader is angry that she botched it again started to crack her neck. She said I put a tracker on obi-wan ship. Vader let's her go. Stupid shit.
    Leia knew of the path BECAUSE she was kidnapped by Reva's goons. Reva discovers that Leia and Obi-wan were being shuttled by the path. The original reason Leia was taken is not relevant here because while she was on her way home, she is exposed to the path.

Did the base have any reason to assume that they were going to be attacked from the air? Why would they have air defense on high when the only known targets were in the base?

Yes, because for Vader, Reva means NOTHING. However, if she can help him get to Obi-wan, it is worth the risk. This is Vader's obsessive behavior that has been established. This is Vader who used Bounty Hunters to hunt down Han Solo to use as bait for Luke. Vader will do whatever is needed to get his target. You don't have to like it, but the explanation makes sense.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Leia knew of the path BECAUSE she was kidnapped by Reva's goons. Reva discovers that Leia and Obi-wan were being shuttled by the path. The original reason Leia was taken is not relevant here because while she was on her way home, she is exposed to the path.
    Leia didn't knew of the Path. Even obi-wan didn't know about it until they got there. Leia is a 10 yo. I would never expect her to know about anything she saw for the first time. Especially where the path leads - since she never GOT THERE.
    Did the base have any reason to assume that they were going to be attacked from the air? Why would they have air defense on high when the only known targets were in the base?
    Every base expects it. Especially the one that can only be attacked by air.
    But the problem is deeper - Reva should've prepared for Obi-wan, and lay a trap for him. He comes for Leia - she closes the base until Vader arrives, and she's granted Grand Inquisitor title.
    Yes, because for Vader, Reva means NOTHING. However, if she can help him get to Obi-wan, it is worth the risk. This is Vader's obsessive behavior that has been established. This is Vader who used Bounty Hunters to hunt down Han Solo to use as bait for Luke. Vader will do whatever is needed to get his target. You don't have to like it, but the explanation makes sense.
    Vader didn't use any bounty hunters to capture Han Solo. Han solo is on Corellia banging Emilia Clarke. You shouldn't use future events to explain the past events.
    But I don't criticize Vader here. I criticize Reva.

7+ Year Old Account
    Leia didn't knew of the Path. Even obi-wan didn't know about it until they got there. Leia is a 10 yo. I would never expect her to know about anything she saw for the first time. Especially where the path leads - since she never GOT THERE.
    See my first reply. Dark Siders leave no stone unturned in investigation.

Every base expects it. Especially the one that can only be attacked by air.
    But the problem is deeper - Reva should've prepared for Obi-wan, and lay a trap for him. He comes for Leia - she closes the base until Vader arrives, and she's granted Grand Inquisitor title.
    You must expect an air attack when you have two known combatants and know exactly how one of them arrived on your base?

Vader didn't use any bounty hunters to capture Han Solo. Han solo is on Corellia banging Emilia Clarke. You shouldn't use future events to explain the past events.
    But I don't criticize Vader here. I criticize Reva.
    You can't be this clueless about what I meant here. Vader does whatever he needs to do to get his target; just like we see later in the time line. It is explaining characteristics we see in characters, so yes, I can and you should to unless you have a reason to believe the character's behavior would be different.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-06-08 at 01:00 PM.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    See my first reply. Dark Siders leave no stone unturned in investigation.
    Wha?

You must expect an air attack when you have two known combatants and know exactly how one of them arrived on your base?
    A base always expects air attack - that is not even Star Wars stuff here - it's base stuff.
    What do you think all those soldiers are doing there? Loving empire in stylish offices?
    I will never believe that the two fighters weren't detected at long range by a patrol of TIEs as they normally should patrol. Even if we accept they flew low and were not detected by radars or whatever magic is used in Star Wars to detect incoming enemies.

No TIES were launched when based went on alert
    No turbolasers
    No nothing, just stormtroopers, black troopers and inquisitors.

You can't be this clueless about what I meant here. Vader does whatever he needs to do to get his target; just like we see later in the time line. It is explaining characteristics we see in characters, so yes, I can and you should to unless you have a reason to believe the character's behavior would be different.
    Vader does what Vader does. I never argued against that. It's just stupid writing that led to that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wha?
    Leia may know something, even if it is small. There is no reason to assume she knows absolutely nothing of value.
    Regardless of how Leia got there, she may know something of the path and that potential information is valuable to the Inquisitors.

A base always expects air attack - that is not even Star Wars stuff here - it's base stuff.
    What do you think all those soldiers are doing there? Loving empire in stylish offices?
    I will never believe that the two fighters weren't detected at long range by a patrol of TIEs as they normally should patrol. Even if we accept they flew low and were not detected by radars or whatever magic is used in Star Wars to detect incoming enemies.

No TIES were launched when based went on alert
    No turbolasers
    No nothing, just stormtroopers, black troopers and inquisitors.
    There was no evidence an air attack was going to come.

"They should be expecting it because I say so." That's your argument. It's fictional.

In the first movie, we see that the Empire did not consider a single fighter a threat to the Death Star. And even when they determined there was a risk to Rebel attack, Tarkin refused to evacuate or even prepare to. You are ignoring that the Empire is arrogant.

Vader does what Vader does. I never argued against that. It's just stupid writing that led to that.
    Vader is doing what Vader does, but it doesn't make sense he didn't kill Reva despite being in what his character is shown to have be ... therefore bad writing?

Two of your complaints are literally "Star Wars being what Star Wars is doesn't make sense!"
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no evidence an air attack was going to come.

"They should be expecting it because I say so." That's your argument. It's fictional.
    Ok, I see no point in continuing if common sense have left the base.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why should anyone even entertain that Disney is just attempting to farm a little bit of negativity when the negativity has been there for a long time? Let's say Disney was magnifying small issues? So? Since when is calling people out for saying racists and sexists remarks a bad thing? The most that has been said is if you engage in such behavior then your not welcomed by the rest of the community.
    How can you be on the left and not be distrustful of corporations? lol

Calling out is fine, pretending it is a bigger problem than it actually is actually counterproductive. It's how you get opinion polls with people believing 2/5ths of a population are nazis or that everyone on FB is in Qanon. Just absolutely mental

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Y
    All the people acting like gross morons toward actors because they're not getting their demanded allotment of slop have at least the resemblance of a human being, and don't have to act like that. They can simply say "I don't care for this, I'm gonna do something else with my time" like a normal person.
    Yeah, they can and should! Don't think anyone disagrees with that. Not really the point though
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I see no point in continuing if common sense have left the base.
    You wouldn't know what common sense was if it was capable of biting you.

You are expecting a fictional organization which has been shown ROUTINELY in said fiction to not act in the manner you want ... is still not acting in the manner you want.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-06-08 at 03:55 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    It really isn't.

The problem of Disney is a problem endemic to capitalism. Disney can't be anything else than what it is, because the economic relations that produces and sustains it will not produce anything else. The problem of these "toxic fandoms" is that they're members have allowed many of the features of that same endemic problem to turn them into lunatics. They didn't have to do that. They don't survive off of shareholders who will invest in someone else unless they fully embrace sociopathy. They will not cease to exist if they stop watching "new" Star Wars. There's no incentive to act like this other than feeling more welcome within a voluntary association of other sociopaths.
    I think fandom has basically replaced religion in secular societies crazily enough.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Say what you will about Vader and what he will/will not do, I just love you all for not making this another Reva hate thread on the internet. But on topic:

One of the things you have to do with Filoni/Feige era Star Wars is realize that it is its own thing. It is inspired by the original star wars movies, but it is not the original star wars movies. Lucas is not helming it, and Filoni/Feige trade hats and writers trade places. Sometimes things get mixed up. But we can all agree that these two have revolutionized what was once a sinking ship.

I for one am happy with this series and the story. Even down to the senator showing up at the Bencave out of nowhere. Baby Leia is adorable, Reva is a nightmare, and Vader is fricking terrifying.

Sometimes it's best just to lean back and enjoy the cigar.